BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Nassau PAL League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leave him alone you bunch of vulchers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about the late reply. We live in North Bellmore. And for the person that said play catch thanks I never thought of that. wink My little one played in a PeeWees program in Brooklyn. She had a blast it was coed so I figured to continue it out in LI. Daddy gets boring very quickly. Also I have two older daughters who play and she just wants to do what they are doing. I'm not pushing her to play she wants to and all I want is for my kids to be healthy and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this from the Twilight Zone or something. You want your kids to have fun . And play coed with other little 6 yr olds. That can't work out. Didn't you know some of these 6 yr olds are already on A teams and their Fathers think they will be going to Duke. Hope you enjoy LI. Along with the high taxes , traffic all the time , News12 , the Lax Moms and Dads are nuts. Welcome. Anyway I wouldn't want to live in any other place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dalernation also does thing for pre-k and up.

It's ironic that Dalernation is being brought up on a PAL discussion. That group has created quite a divide in youth lacrosse in their town. Their has been a significant decrease in players signed up for Farmingdale PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just looking for a place for my daughter(s) to have fun. I understand the nature of this beast.Did I realize A teams are being formed that young no. Again I just moved out here. I see it has become in some organizations a business. I just came on these boards to get some info. It seems as if these boards are more for families that take lax to a different level. Did I bring it upon myself to say I wanted my kindergarten kid to join a program yes but the program she was in was skill building, exercises where they ran around playing monster tag and freeze tag, passing kick balls around, stretching, jogging and than some stick work. Again if anyone knows of a program that has coaches that care about the little laxers in the same way in the vicinity of Bellmore/Merrick I would appreciate it.Thanks for the previous posts for places. Maybe playing catch might be the best alternative! Signed Rod Serling.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sarcasm wasn't meant for you. It was about what this youth lacrosse forum has become. I do applaud your sincerity with the young kids. That's what it should be about.
Lol about the Rod Serling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks I see these boards can get pretty fired up and I knew you would appreciate the Rod joke. Again I think you and I are on the same page. Thanks for the reply I'm a construction worker if you can't take a good ribbing than you don't belong. Again anyone out there that knows of a good non competitive program for Kindergarten girls please post. Have a great week with the kids !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try Wantagh they are near N Bellmore and a big lax town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No K Lax in Wantagh Clinic for 1st and 2nd Grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
try Garden City or West Islip

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me how the PAL league works for 7th and 8th grade? Considering most boys will be playing for their Middle School teams and practicing 5-6 days a week, are they required to practice after Middle School practice with their PAL team? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me how the PAL league works for 7th and 8th grade? Considering most boys will be playing for their Middle School teams and practicing 5-6 days a week, are they required to practice after Middle School practice with their PAL team? Thanks.

Usually there is no practice for PAL. They just play games. Most all of the games are on Sunday, so there is no conflict. PAL now takes a back seat to the school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are they going to get rid of Howell. The guy is a joke and surrounds himself with enablers. He has been out of touch or blatantly manipulates the divisions for years. Just a few observations: Farmingdale playing in division 3 and 4???...the mighty Dalers? how can that be? 5th Grade Franklin Square in division 4? 6th grade Manhasset in division 3 and 4? 3rd grade Bellmore has a team in Division 1 and division 4?...aren't you supposed to evenly divide your teams at this age? 5th grade CSH in division 4 (isn't that Team Igloo), Massapequa and West Islip playing whatever division they can win? Better off playing in Cantiague or Oyster bay league, from my experience they attempt to evenly match the teams week after week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are they going to get rid of Howell. The guy is a joke and surrounds himself with enablers. He has been out of touch or blatantly manipulates the divisions for years. Just a few observations: Farmingdale playing in division 3 and 4???...the mighty Dalers? how can that be? 5th Grade Franklin Square in division 4? 6th grade Manhasset in division 3 and 4? 3rd grade Bellmore has a team in Division 1 and division 4?...aren't you supposed to evenly divide your teams at this age? 5th grade CSH in division 4 (isn't that Team Igloo), Massapequa and West Islip playing whatever division they can win? Better off playing in Cantiague or Oyster bay league, from my experience they attempt to evenly match the teams week after week.

Sounds like you have detailed knowledge about this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be the ONE who is OUT of Touch in 5th grade there is an "A" Division. That why some of those teams are in Div. 4 all best kids on "A" team ....so slow down PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be the ONE who is OUT of Touch in 5th grade there is an "A" Division. That why some of those teams are in Div. 4 all best kids on "A" team ....so slow down PAL

So I understand because you may be right that I am out of touch, in fifth grade there is an A and a B bracket... A is the better bracket, so division 4 in the A bracket is the worst division in the better bracket? Btw...if you use full sentences people will understand you PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are the towns that are in the "A" divisions for 5th and 6th grade for this spring.
The A division is only available in these grades. For some reason West Islip backed out in the 6th grade. These divisions will provide excellent competition for the top teams from these towns. Most of these towns also have other teams that are in lower divisions. Those divisions are more developmental.

5th Grade
C.S.H.
G.C.
Franklin Sq.
Manhasset
Massapequa
Northport
S.W.R.
Syosset
3 Village
West Islip

6th Grade
C.S.H.
G.C.
Manhasset
Massapequa
Northport
S.W.R.
3 Village

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Some of these middle schools teams have huge rosters and they have all kinds of goofy playing time rules. The blow comment is correct, usually no practices just games. They have strict 7th grade , strict 8th and combo 7/8 .

Usually there is no practice for PAL. They just play games. Most all of the games are on Sunday, so there is no conflict. PAL now takes a back seat to the school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, I am the original poster, I will expect no PAL practices if my son makes his Middle School team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are the towns that are in the "A" divisions for 5th and 6th grade for this spring.
The A division is only available in these grades. For some reason West Islip backed out in the 6th grade. These divisions will provide excellent competition for the top teams from these towns. Most of these towns also have other teams that are in lower divisions. Those divisions are more developmental.

5th Grade
C.S.H.
G.C.
Franklin Sq.
Manhasset
Massapequa
Northport
S.W.R.
Syosset
3 Village
West Islip

6th Grade
C.S.H.
G.C.
Manhasset
Massapequa
Northport
S.W.R.
3 Village

Do you have other
Divisions/grades to post??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i believe huntington and long beach are in A division 6th grade as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they are not.
They are both in division 1, not the A division. Both of these towns, along with West Islip chose to stay out of the A division in 6th grade. Each town that plays PAL was given the opportunity to put a team in "A" division in 5th and 6th grades.
5th grade has 10 towns in their A division, 6th grade only has 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they are not.
They are both in division 1, not the A division. Both of these towns, along with West Islip chose to stay out of the A division in 6th grade. Each town that plays PAL was given the opportunity to put a team in "A" division in 5th and 6th grades.

why is West Islip sandbagging ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is this information coming from, before everyone gets excited have we confirmed this is accurate info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Nassau PAL website calendar, they had the boys seeding meeting last Thursday (2/13) - FYI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL released the divisions this weekend. The lists of the "A" divisions are correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know why PAL Lax doesn't have a web site where you can view divisions and schedules like soccer does?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they are not.

why is West Islip sandbagging ?

No West Islip has entered 3 6th grade balanced teams that went 500 in the same divisions they were in last year and also have entered a 5/6 combo team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL released the divisions this weekend. The lists of the "A" divisions are correct.

Where are these 'released' divisions?? Can someone post a link or attachment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All directors received the seeding brackets for all divisions to check that their teams are placed in the correct divisions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were given to the directors of PAL towns. They are not posted on line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is PAL Lacrosse. Let the kids learn how to play. I do not think you are going to see any college coaches on the sidelines.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the deadline to submit rosters has passed? My son plays in one of the towns with an A team and a second team but it appears the kids not picked for the second team may not have a place to play this spring, everyone is tight lipped right now. He wants to play but at this point, I am not sure what his options are. I am thinking I should see if there are any towns looking to pick up players if it's not too late.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know if the deadline to submit rosters has passed? My son plays in one of the towns with an A team and a second team but it appears the kids not picked for the second team may not have a place to play this spring, everyone is tight lipped right now. He wants to play but at this point, I am not sure what his options are. I am thinking I should see if there are any towns looking to pick up players if it's not too late.
The deadline for rosters was February 7th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rosters can be amended until the end of the month. What grade and town are you from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rosters can be amended until the end of the month. What grade and town are you from?

Rosters can be updated until March 1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they are not.

Which towns have teams in 5th "A" division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they are not.

Which towns have teams in 5th "A" division.

Look at page 4 of this discussion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your a dusche..always has to be a moron on here..this guys asking a valid question and wants to get his daughter involved
...lesson of the day: if you cant add value keep your mouth shut..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I prefer not to answer at this point. I don't want to spread any panic or more confusion. But I do appreciate the info.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard