BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know how many players the for the love of green 2016 team needs? i guess some of the kids are going to barracudas. any info would be appreciated

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played for the 2016 team last summer. Three from that team are playing on Express Orange and at least 1 is on Express Blue. Two others are going to Team 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for the feedback. i heard there was a lot of talent on the team last yr, but some parents were not happy. not sure what the issues were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the tryout fee, one of the founders is sending out an email to all who signed up to make sure they are trying out still. If they don't and want to give up the spot for someone on the waiting list, please let them know. By the way, the $125 you paid to tryout IS NOT REFUNDED! Seems to be a very good "Not for Profit". You can look them up to see how much they made, as a designeated and approved Not for Profit. Made at least mid 6 figures!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the tryout fee, one of the founders is sending out an email to all who signed up to make sure they are trying out still. If they don't and want to give up the spot for someone on the waiting list, please let them know. By the way, the $125 you paid to tryout IS NOT REFUNDED! Seems to be a very good "Not for Profit". You can look them up to see how much they made, as a designeated and approved Not for Profit. Made at least mid 6 figures!
$125.00 for someone to look at your kid at a tryout? That is the highest pricing that we have seen reported to BOTC. At some point, you have to decide what constitutes value-for-money at these tryouts and you, the people who are consumers for this market, will control the pricing by supporting clubs that offer a price point that is acceptable.

Remember that not-for-profit is a tax filing status, not a statement that money is not being made.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!!! $125 for a 6th grade girl to try out?? That's ridiculous. PLUS $1700 annual fee! That $1825 bag should have diamonds on it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls teams are absolutely terrible!! This is a waste of your MONEY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are? Not really, you should check the stats before you open your mouth. The girls did very well last year considering that team was put together at the last minute coming in 3rd - only one team away from playing YJ Blue. We had one bad day in Penn because our goalie was sick. Going to semi finals at LaxFest also. Don't listen to this person. Girls teams were wonderful to be on. Great coaches, great parents, great kids. If you can't afford it don't try out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a lot of talent on the 2016 team last year. The main issue that some parents had was the lack of practice once middles school lax was over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls teams were absolutely horrible. Are you serious mentioning how well they did at LI Lax Fest? Who did they play? They were constantly put in the weakest divisions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously must have seen them if you feel so comfortable to comment on the status of their skills. So, don't you know who they played? They beat Liberty Black in New Jersey and they made the semi-finals at Lax Fest. They only had one weak team they played in their group. They played Team Elevate and beat them and Express. There were no YJ teams or any team on that level playing there. No, they were not terrible. Should I post some video? Why do you sound so hostile? These are children we are talking about. There is room for everyone here on Long Island to play in a variety of teams. I look at these boards every day and, I am amazed how serious people take all of this. The bottom line is that the girls on our team played very well, made new friends, loved their coaches and have been training together since July. Fun + learning = Great Lacrosse Experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously must have seen them if you feel so comfortable to comment on the status of their skills. So, don't you know who they played? They beat Liberty Black in New Jersey and they made the semi-finals at Lax Fest. They only had one weak team they played in their group. They played Team Elevate and beat them and Express. There were no YJ teams or any team on that level playing there. No, they were not terrible. Should I post some video? Why do you sound so hostile? These are children we are talking about. There is room for everyone here on Long Island to play in a variety of teams. I look at these boards every day and, I am amazed how serious people take all of this. The bottom line is that the girls on our team played very well, made new friends, loved their coaches and have been training together since July. Fun + learning = Great Lacrosse Experience.

Don't worry about all the nasty people out there. It's great to see girls at whatever level, playing, making friends and enjoying themselves. This forum is a bit of a crazy place where some parents want to stick it in your face. Some people don't get it,there is an attitude that exists out there that if your daughter isn't on YJ Blue, why even waste her time playing? (or whatever elite A team you want to stick in there). Love your quote "Fun + learning = Great Lacrosse Experience."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the nice words. Actually a few parents from that team have noticed the nasty remarks, I just think its uncalled for. There are ways to project an opinion without sinking to that level in a public forum about 11 and 12 year old kids. I am pretty sure I know where that person is from....sour grapes. Fun + learning = Great Lax Experience!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just left the girls tryout for 2018, yikes. Wish I didn't fork over $125, talent was limited and turnout was terrible. Live and learn I guess. Hopefully Liberty will be better, my daughter didn't make Top Guns (huge talent pool) and Yellow Jackets is an issue with distance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I was there also, there didn't seem to be alot of girls for 2018 but the 2017 team looked great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just left the girls tryout for 2018, yikes. Wish I didn't fork over $125, talent was limited and turnout was terrible. Live and learn I guess. Hopefully Liberty will be better, my daughter didn't make Top Guns (huge talent pool) and Yellow Jackets is an issue with distance.

You mean all of the emails that fl$ sent out about try out spots filling up and only a few were left were not true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea about the number of kids, and or talent pool for 2018 boys try outs this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the 2016 team is going to look this year? Any good talent at tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea about the number of kids, and or talent pool for 2018 boys try outs this weekend?

I don't know about all the kids but from the names I heard that made the 2018 boys team that should be very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about all the kids but from the names I heard that made the 2018 boys team that should be very good.

Nothing on the website yet - curious where you heard these names? Do you know if all the boys who made the 2018 team have been contacted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's 2016 going to be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing on the website yet - curious where you heard these names? Do you know if all the boys who made the 2018 team have been contacted?

just word of mouth from a few kids in my home town - nothing official - they are probably going down the list like every other team until they get their commitments and team gets filled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By calling yourself 420lax you are anonymous too! So stop with the comments about being anonymous--use your name!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
By calling yourself 420lax you are anonymous too! So stop with the comments about being anonymous--use your name!

Registered Users have given personal information to BOTC. As far as this forum is concerned that is all that is required. It adds credibility to the post. Anonymous can be used by anyone to start false rumors or be antagonistical. The only time I bring up the registered user vs anonymous comments is when I think someone is doing just that.

You don't have to agree with me on anything. The point is to express ideas and opinions to help improve our lacrosse environment. When I know someone is posting garbage, I'll call them out on it. If for some crazy reason the posts get out of hand, BOTC will have a much easier time getting a hold of me then they will you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 429lax

Registered Users have given personal information to BOTC. As far as this forum is concerned that is all that is required. It adds credibility to the post. Anonymous can be used by anyone to start false rumors or be antagonistical. The only time I bring up the registered user vs anonymous comments is when I think someone is doing just that.

You don't have to agree with me on anything. The point is to express ideas and opinions to help improve our lacrosse environment. When I know someone is posting garbage, I'll call them out on it. If for some crazy reason the posts get out of hand, BOTC will have a much easier time getting a hold of me then they will you.

I think the advantage of the screen name is you get a continuity of the posts by that screen name and you know who you are talking to or arguing with - with everybody posting as "anonymous" you kind of lose who it is you are talking to you, replying to a post you made, ect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Boys team looks to be good. There was some turnover (a few went to 91 and a fewe to Express) but there is a very good core remaining. Goalies will be two of the top two anywhere. One Middie might not lose a face off all season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Boys team looks to be good. There was some turnover (a few went to 91 and a fewe to Express) but there is a very good core remaining. Goalies will be two of the top two anywhere. One Middie might not lose a face off all season

If they lost a few kids and didn't add anyone, it will not be a very good team. That 2016 was mediocre at best last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2018 looks like a pretty good team. Kids from Express Orange, 91 Orange and team LI, are on the team. Might not be a super team, but should be very competitive. Congrats to the boys who made it. Also, many thanks to fl$ folks who notified people right away. Everything handled quickly, and professionally!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters are up...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to try out for the fl$ 2015 boys team (first time) at the end of November. However, on the fl$ calendar the 2015 boys team is entered in a tournament at Hofstra. How would that work when the team hasn't been made up yet? Is it just the kids from this past summer who have not decided to to play elsewhere yet? BTW, same goes for some of the other older teams - tournaments prior to the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 looks to be better than last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they picked up better game changers but then their second and third line of middies are weaker than last year for sure. They have some weak kids who I believe should not have made the team considering fl$'s high expectation of players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 looks to be better than last year

It better. Last year's team was mediocre at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand your math....a few kids left so obviously added a few...much more size and speed this year than last year...in the OB Spring league last year, the 2016 team lost 2 games, both to the Raiders by one goal. Far from mediocre. One bad tournament at Tri State - where they tied Team 91, lost to an older Laxachussets team and then had a six hour wait until the next game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, i agree 2016 should be very competitive this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had a very good caliber of kids on 2016, but they werent as athletic or fast as barracudas. But, they had great game knowledge and stick skills. That's what it comes down to in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand your math....a few kids left so obviously added a few...much more size and speed this year than last year...in the OB Spring league last year, the 2016 team lost 2 games, both to the Raiders by one goal. Far from mediocre. One bad tournament at Tri State - where they tied Team 91, lost to an older Laxachussets team and then had a six hour wait until the next game.

How'd they do in the play offs at TriState and who did they play in the OBLL last spring? They didn't play 91 in OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they look this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they were one of the teams on Saturday. My sons team played on Sunday and we went undefeated for 91. But, all of the tough teams played on Saturday, such as Outlaws, Radiers, Express, etc. So they must have had some competition because I recall asking my sons coach what is with the lack of competition and he said all of the tough teams play on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard