Anonymous #53096 02/14/14 08:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teachers in those "lower" schools are incredible gifted and dedicated, often spending money out of their own pocket for students and their classroom, There is no doubt that districts that pay the top salaries are going to attract the top teachers and have the pick of the litter and those teachers probably prosper in those environments but a dedicated teacher that spends 30 years in those other districts have a much more rewarding professional career. They can really make a difference in a young persons life and many many teachers choose the profession to do just that. Thank you to all the teachers that teach our kids and put up with us parents in all the districts.

Stop, let's be real on this subject. The unspoken real truth here about the difference in these two groups of schools, is family structure. Not teachers. I would venture to say that 90% of the kids in the lower end school districts come from single parent families. Most likely 70% were born out of wedlock. While 90-95% of the kids in the top school districts come from two parent families. The reality is, kids who come from two parent families and who are born into a family where the parents are married do far better in school and in life. That's a reality. The fundamental difference in these schools is parental involvement and family values.
Don't start telling me I'm wrong, do a few google searches and read the information for yourself. Some may not want to agree, but the truth is sometimes shocking.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #53099 02/14/14 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just get back to LAX.. if you want to talk schools, start another forum.

Anonymous #53102 02/14/14 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANK YOU!!!!!

Anonymous #53115 02/14/14 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teachers in those "lower" schools are incredible gifted and dedicated, often spending money out of their own pocket for students and their classroom, There is no doubt that districts that pay the top salaries are going to attract the top teachers and have the pick of the litter and those teachers probably prosper in those environments but a dedicated teacher that spends 30 years in those other districts have a much more rewarding professional career. They can really make a difference in a young persons life and many many teachers choose the profession to do just that. Thank you to all the teachers that teach our kids and put up with us parents in all the districts.

Stop, let's be real on this subject. The unspoken real truth here about the difference in these two groups of schools, is family structure. Not teachers. I would venture to say that 90% of the kids in the lower end school districts come from single parent families. Most likely 70% were born out of wedlock. While 90-95% of the kids in the top school districts come from two parent families. The reality is, kids who come from two parent families and who are born into a family where the parents are married do far better in school and in life. That's a reality. The fundamental difference in these schools is parental involvement and family values.
Don't start telling me I'm wrong, do a few google searches and read the information for yourself. Some may not want to agree, but the truth is sometimes shocking.

So these percentages and stereotypes are your opinion or some facts you learned during a google search? 95 is a big number!

Anonymous #53118 02/14/14 03:56 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Yes, indeed stop, let's be real on this subject.

Your numbers are without backing and you are painting entire districts with a very broad brush.

How about sharing those easy to find Google search results that assert your metrics on these districts? When BOTC offers a perspective, we share the source on the data. Why not take a page from that book and share your sources?

Sponsored Links
CageSage #53131 02/14/14 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Yes, indeed stop, let's be real on this subject.

Your numbers are without backing and you are painting entire districts with a very broad brush.

How about sharing those easy to find Google search results that assert your metrics on these districts? When BOTC offers a perspective, we share the source on the data. Why not take a page from that book and share your sources?

From the US CENSUS BUREAU. These are not my assertions, they are our government's facts. My post could not be more accurate.
http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram...links-poverty-with-out-of-wedlock-births

Anonymous #53134 02/14/14 10:39 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
From the US CENSUS BUREAU. These are not my assertions, they are our government's facts. My post could not be more accurate.
The article asserts the link between poverty and out-of-wedlock births. While an important piece of social research, this was not the discussion at hand related to the school district discussion, positive or negative.

CageSage #53159 02/15/14 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the recent rash of 2017 commits; will there be undue pressures for the emerging 2018's as they enter the summer tournament and showcase season to perform at a higher level? Will their be a noticeable trend toward attempts at scoring when a pass could have or should have been made?

Obviously it is now well known that college coaches from D1-3 will be taking a closer look at this group than previously thought or believed.

Thoughts?

Anonymous #53166 02/16/14 07:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the recent rash of 2017 commits; will there be undue pressures for the emerging 2018's as they enter the summer tournament and showcase season to perform at a higher level? Will their be a noticeable trend toward attempts at scoring when a pass could have or should have been made?

Obviously it is now well known that college coaches from D1-3 will be taking a closer look at this group than previously thought or believed.

Thoughts?

Absolutely, My 6th grader already feels it! Not just about fun anymore at this age, the way it should be!

CageSage #53172 02/16/14 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The article asserts the link between poverty and out-of-wedlock births. While an important piece of social research, this was not the discussion at hand related to the school district discussion, positive or negative.

Actually, it was. The discussion was about Private vs Public and how top school districts compete against the privates. It was further discussed that teachers were also a driver in student success, or lack there of. My post correctly points out that student success has little to do with public, private, or teachers. It is clearly driven by parental involvement and family structure, as proven by the Federal Government's own facts, not by my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #53177 02/16/14 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it was. The discussion was about Private vs Public and how top school districts compete against the privates. It was further discussed that teachers were also a driver in student success, or lack there of. My post correctly points out that student success has little to do with public, private, or teachers. It is clearly driven by parental involvement and family structure, as proven by the Federal Government's own facts, not by my opinion.

What are the govenment studys on "crazy parents who can't get off the youth sports blog" and the success of the students?
I'm sure you are equally as entertaining on the sidelines!!

Anonymous #53180 02/16/14 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the govenment studys on "crazy parents who can't get off the youth sports blog" and the success of the students?

Ugh... You do realize you're posting on the same blog! Oh right, it's different when you post, got it.

Anonymous #53190 02/16/14 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ugh... You do realize you're posting on the same blog! Oh right, it's different when you post, got it.

Correct.

Anonymous #53255 02/19/14 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcase events for the 2018 players. Which to do and which ones are the best on east coast.

Anonymous #53257 02/19/14 05:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine Nationals are upcoming. They held the LI regional - but if you missed it you can attend the Connecticut or Jersey regional upcoming in 2 weeks.

Page 53 of 123 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 122 123

Link Copied to Clipboard