BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 2023 commits
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now you sound like a petty little person. Your still
saying a 14 yr old will beat a 17 - 18 yr old. Amazing!!!
I guess you win this argument. Congrats. The turtles
and the dukes of today would beat the ward melvilles,
garden city's, massapequa's, farmingdale's, yorktown's
and west genesee's of the 80's. Also the chaminade's
and st Anthony's. Do you realize how silly you sound now?

Lets just drop the age group difference and leave it at todays varsity programs of (fill in your district here) would beat the [lacrosse] out of same districts varsity program from 15-25 years ago.

You people are nuts!! I played for Melville back in the 80's under Couzzo. We destroyed every other team on LI. Our F/O guy was a state champ wrestler. Other guys were football superstars. My teammates were all self-motivated, in fact parents hardly even came to the games, and there were no training sessions and travel teams. Only wish we could bring it on! This is all nonsense. Today's teams may have better equipment, but our athleticism and heart are no match for today's spoiled, soft kids! My kids play for Melville now, and although they are still great, kids today are way more distracted with other things.

It's obvious that you will never get back from your long trip of self aggrandizement; and its a pity that you hold your son and his peers in such low regard in comparison to your former self inflated memories. Who exactly made your kid soft and spoiled?

Who cares who you played for? Did that some how infuse you with superhuman traits that will never be surpassed by the mere mortals of today?...the other teams of that time were equally as inept skill wise as yours. Your team may have come out on top, but it was in an era of lower skills being supplemented by aggression. (And what pray tell, does being a state champ in wrestling even mean? Did he "wrestle" the ball away with a half Nelson??)

"Football super stars. Destroying teams. Bring it on. No match to your athleticism and heart."
Do you see a commonality here in your choice of testosterone infused wording? If there was ever a case of narcissistic self importance; this is textbook.

News flash for you....you're old now and never in your wildest dreams will your inflated recollection of your abilities ever match the skill sets of the kids of today no matter how distorted your sense of self achievement is.

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever go back to your old elementary school? Looks at lot smaller than you remember it. People remember their past glory to suit themselves. I catch myself doing it too. But boys, seriously, there isn't even an argument here, lacrosse of the 80s was really a joke. Your team probably did dominate because most districts didn't even have teams back then and most who did completely sucked, there was no competition for even mildly talented teams. You want to keep telling yourselves you were studs and ruled the lacrosse world, that's fine because at that time you did. The rest of us can put it perspective and not try to compare the the greatly developed game played today. Yes we were just as good athletes back then, but playing at a much lower level, period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets just drop the age group difference and leave it at todays varsity programs of (fill in your district here) would beat the [lacrosse] out of same districts varsity program from 15-25 years ago.

You people are nuts!! I played for Melville back in the 80's under Couzzo. We destroyed every other team on LI. Our F/O guy was a state champ wrestler. Other guys were football superstars. My teammates were all self-motivated, in fact parents hardly even came to the games, and there were no training sessions and travel teams. Only wish we could bring it on! This is all nonsense. Today's teams may have better equipment, but our athleticism and heart are no match for today's spoiled, soft kids! My kids play for Melville now, and although they are still great, kids today are way more distracted with other things.

It's obvious that you will never get back from your long trip of self aggrandizement; and its a pity that you hold your son and his peers in such low regard in comparison to your former self inflated memories. Who exactly made your kid soft and spoiled?

Who cares who you played for? Did that some how infuse you with superhuman traits that will never be surpassed by the mere mortals of today?...the other teams of that time were equally as inept skill wise as yours. Your team may have come out on top, but it was in an era of lower skills being supplemented by aggression. (And what pray tell, does being a state champ in wrestling even mean? Did he "wrestle" the ball away with a half Nelson??)

"Football super stars. Destroying teams. Bring it on. No match to your athleticism and heart."
Do you see a commonality here in your choice of testosterone infused wording? If there was ever a case of narcissistic self importance; this is textbook.

News flash for you....you're old now and never in your wildest dreams will your inflated recollection of your abilities ever match the skill sets of the kids of today no matter how distorted your sense of self achievement is.

Truth.

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Now that right there is funny". Even though I am a former player from that time period that is being somewhat disparaged, the English major in me is happy to read such well written, funny as [lacrosse] post. Well done!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh when I hear about these old tough guys. I worked in a jail for decades. Saw numerous kids from and areas who at the age of 15, 15 had survived gun shots and stabbings. Who grew up in conditions where you better learn to survive. Nobody's tougher then these kids so by your theory these bad areas schools would have whooped you outright

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Truth by who?
A loser who never played sports. My kids are not soft, that was a reference in today's athletes in general. My recollection is based on facts. sorry you were never part of some of the best teams LI ever saw. I'm not old as you suggest, and even if I was that would be insulting, but I guess that would be what I would expect coming from the parent of a bench warmer. The only reason someone would react with such anger! Try again

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh when I hear about these old tough guys. I worked in a jail for decades. Saw numerous kids from and areas who at the age of 15, 15 had survived gun shots and stabbings. Who grew up in conditions where you better learn to survive. Nobody's tougher then these kids so by your theory these bad areas schools would have whooped you outright

I certainly appreciate your tough former occupation, however that analogy is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has to be a joke. If it is not I suggest that you get help as soon as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in the 70's we played with really heavy traditionally strung sticks - wrestling knee pads as arm guards. In the fall most of us played football and in the winter we played basketball and pick up box lacrosse on the tennis courts. Over the summer we played one day a week game only no practices. And some of us were really good. The game was different as well, Middies played both ways, attack were all 5' 2" and weighed 135lbs. D were all football players trying to stay in shape. And if anybody used his off hand we all took notice. Today's players all have sticks in there hands 12 months a year and have specialized positions. there are kids on high school teams today that do not get any playing time that would be the most skilled players from "yesteryear's" high school team you can not compare then to now because it is truly a different game.

Having said all that, I think we had a [lacrosse] of a lot more fun back then, being a lacrosse player in the 70's meant a few things like - 1) you sucked at baseball 2) you were a bro before you knew what that was 3) you could beat the crap out of your opponent on the field an then go to the parking lot and have a beer (or 5) with them and you knew you were a playing the greatest sport in the world for fun, not to commit to a college in 9th grade or to win a championship with your club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll said. Problem is most parents of these fine laxers never played and are wowed by their skill. Which is great by the way but to say they can compete with varsity teams of the past is ridiculous. When they are in HS they might have quick hands and finesse but being it is a contact sport they are defiantly not nearly as tough and physical as we were. And yes I played at a Big HS on LI as well as a top D1 college in mid 80's.

All I can say is puff puff pass! You two must be enjoying some good ole stuff.

If you are truly as amazing as you profess, or a fan and keep up with the sport you would know the differences of the two era's.

I can take it to another level, do you really think College players of those times can compete with those now.

Good luck to your sons who can never live up to good ole dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Truth by who?
A loser who never played sports. My kids are not soft, that was a reference in today's athletes in general. My recollection is based on facts. sorry you were never part of some of the best teams LI ever saw. I'm not old as you suggest, and even if I was that would be insulting, but I guess that would be what I would expect coming from the parent of a bench warmer. The only reason someone would react with such anger! Try again

well considering the fact that WM had only one state champion wrestler in the 1980's and it was in 1981... news flash, you are old. If you live in the three villages now you should be more concerned with the youth program. The men who stole the program some years ago have ruined it. Yeah Yeah I know
wM won a state championship last year. I wish WM well this year and I think the HS coaches are good but three village board has ruined the youth league.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don't get this guy. He thinks that a team of 9th
graders would beat some championship teams of the
80's and 90's . This has nothing to do with being tough.
It's common sense. He's saying there was no skill involved
back then, just brutish lax being played. What are his credentials?
What great athletic feats has he accomplished? Or is he
the one who is living his glory through a 9th grader
who he thinks are the best ever!!! Comical. Simply comical.
You need to sit back and enjoy your kid. Stop comparing him to older players
you probably never saw play. Who cares???????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the best player ever might have played in the 50's..

Jim Brown Didn't cradle much but he didn't have too. nobody then or today could stop him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My occupation is meaningless. My point os kids from poorer towns are tougher so they should be better according to the argument being made here

I certainly appreciate your tough former occupation, however that analogy is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole conversation is ridiculous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Truth by who?

[lacrosse] Hum.....I'm sorry, I dozed off during your brief and defensive diatribe out of sheer boredom. If you played lacrosse as weakly as your written retorts are; then it was you who was on the bench my clearly disillusioned and academically challenged friend.
As to your assumption that I didn't play sports?...I competed for a D1 school and achieved a national ranking of top 5 in my discipline. I would discuss Olympic trials with you but what would be the point. I'm just a bench warmer. As to my son? Let's just say his current status precludes me from saying more other than his his game has already spoken for itself and his commitment confirms that.
Et tu, Brutus?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game has progressed so far that a modern day girls varsity team would be a boys varsity from yesteryear.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The game has progressed so far that a modern day girls varsity team would be a boys varsity from yesteryear.
(a) Did you read what you actually wrote?

(b) Do you really believe this?

(c) How would you prove it? The games are completely different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure you did. I actually was on the Olympic team. Not just
the trials. And I'm real sure your son committed.
Did you ever play lax? Or are you determining your sons
Inevitable victory over yesteryears lax programs
on what you perceive is your sons vastly superior
talent. [lacrosse] him.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Truth by who?

[lacrosse] Hum.....I'm sorry, I dozed off during your brief and defensive diatribe out of sheer boredom. If you played lacrosse as weakly as your written retorts are; then it was you who was on the bench my clearly disillusioned and academically challenged friend.
As to your assumption that I didn't play sports?...I competed for a D1 school and achieved a national ranking of top 5 in my discipline. I would discuss Olympic trials with you but what would be the point. I'm just a bench warmer. As to my son? Let's just say his current status precludes me from saying more other than his his game has already spoken for itself and his commitment confirms that.
Et tu, Brutus?

Fencing Team? Skipper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
(a) Did you read what you actually wrote?

(b) Do you really believe this?

(c) How would you prove it? The games are completely different.

I was looking to get a rise out of a select few lax dads from another era, so yes I know what I wrote, but I do not believe it to be true. And you are also right that you can't make that comparison. I am on the side that todays varsity teams would crush my era (80's), and find the thought of those who are arguing differently, very funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the rudderless ship has veered off course a bit. However, it is entertaining, I am not ashamed to admit. Can somebody tell me what this origin of this thread was again. It should be retitled "Jabberwocky 101". And then combine it with the last 20 or so posts in the 2018 thread. And don't bother with those of you who use a go to line of "stop trolling". I have a 2018er and 2023er - although I don't know what the heck this has to do with 2023 lax. And since context is so often lost in most forum responses - my response was completely lighthearted.

Can't wait for tournaments to start again. The weather is giving a us cabin fever and we (present party included) are somewhat losing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um...it is, [lacrosse] Hum....Brutus...

Why would I lie to you? I'm not the one making outrageous claims of superiority.

The fact is; the performances I did in the 80's at the peak of my NCAA rankings are now being surpassed by the best of the best of today's high schoolers; as my own performances did to the generation prior to mine. Kids are stronger, faster, bigger and yes, tougher. They train with the intensity in high school today equal to, or even superior to that of my peak training prior to the trials.

Cant you see? My ego is in check. I know I'm older. I know the kids of today would have kicked the [lacrosse] of my best performances of yesteryear. Facts are facts. And I love how much training principles and techniques have progressed and am happy to admire the strengths of today's young athletes. But I am not envious of, or belittling of their prowess as you are apt to be.

Face it...you were and are owned. Period.

Game, set and match.

Now spare us all from further boredom with your unstimulating rants.

(And you didn't even catch my little play on William's Brute' being substituted with Brutus. I'm so disappointed. We can surely agree that today's players are at least more intelligent in expressing themselves than you are today or in your yesteryear glory days.)

I tire of your meager attempts to claim a victory.

Next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would I lie to you? I'm not the one making outrageous claims of superiority.

The fact is; the performances I did in the 80's at the peak of my NCAA rankings are now being surpassed by the best of the best of today's high schoolers; as my own performances did to the generation prior to mine. Kids are stronger, faster, bigger and yes, tougher. They train with the intensity in high school today equal to, or even superior to that of my peak training prior to the trials.

Cant you see? My ego is in check. I know I'm older. I know the kids of today would have kicked the [lacrosse] of my best performances of yesteryear. Facts are facts. And I love how much training principles and techniques have progressed and am happy to admire the strengths of today's young athletes. But I am not envious of, or belittling of their prowess as you are apt to be.

Game, set and match.

(And you didn't even catch my little play on William's Brute' being substituted with Brutus. I'm so disappointed. We can surely agree that today's players are at least more intelligent in expressing themselves than you are today or in your yesteryear glory days.)

Next.

Good post right up to this:

"Face it...you were and are owned. Period.

Game, set and match.

Next. "

Seriously, you just bring it down to the level that prompted you to post in the first place, negating your argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just happened by this immature argument. Can't believe
It's actually going on. Two points: 1) who cares who was better. 2) this poster
May be the most arrogant, obnoxious ever to grace
this great site. Please, you understand you are on a 2023
Thread bragging about your Olympic dreams and that of your, from
what I gather, your 9th grade sons lax dreams. Do us all a favor and
go practice with your son so maybe one day he can be as
great as you think you are. Oh and by the way you're not
impressing anyone with your vocabulary. Just move on and go watch the
Olympics and think what might have been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game, set and match.

Next.

Good post right up to this:

"Face it...you were and are owned. Period.

Game, set and match.

Next. "

Seriously, you just bring it down to the level that prompted you to post in the first place, negating your argument.

Yeah....kinda went overboard with that last bit... My bad.

Wasn't really intending to descend to those depths, but I just can't imagine Brutus being anything but a bully growing up and felt he would only listen to that level of wording; as he wasn't able to comprehend nor respond to the not so subtle more salient points of previous posts.

I apologize to the forum for letting that get out of control.

I concede to the Bully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just happened by this immature argument. Can't believe
It's actually going on. Two points: 1) who cares who was better. 2) this poster
May be the most arrogant, obnoxious ever to grace
this great site. Please, you understand you are on a 2023
Thread bragging about your Olympic dreams and that of your, from
what I gather, your 9th grade sons lax dreams. Do us all a favor and
go practice with your son so maybe one day he can be as
great as you think you are. Oh and by the way you're not
impressing anyone with your vocabulary. Just move on and go watch the
Olympics and think what might have been.

That hurt. Here's a tip for you. Read the OP's first post. It is not a serious topic and it was taken way off course by Brutus. Sometimes a bully has to be put in his place.

Sorry if my vocabulary isn't from the remedial reading section.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a funny thread, and quite entertaining to say the least -- I actually hope it keeps trudging along until spring - but the English professor's comments have become somewhat overbearing -- Honestly though, NCAA Best of the 80's/early 90's vs Best of today in a 7 game series - 'Today' goes 4-3 but they ain't feeling too sharp the morning after each game -- Would be one helluva series to watch though - I'm thinking it may just go OT in game 7 as well - What's a 'Turtle' by the way?? cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read all the posts and it seems YOU were the bully.
Too much bragging about your accomplishments and
your ncaa rankings and how today's 9th graders could beat
past varsity teams. Then you were the one putting
other posters down. Diminishing their accomishments
In the sport of lacrosse when it seems you never played the game
but verbalize like you have. Your son is young, enjoy it. Stop comparing
him and his team to other older players who have already done what
your son is trying to do. Remember he hasn't done it yet.
Things change. Good luck to you and your family. Hopefully all his dreams
will be fulfilled in the game of lacrosse. That's what it's all about.
Not who's team would beat who.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read all the posts and it seems YOU were the bully.
Too much bragging about your accomplishments and
your ncaa rankings and how today's 9th graders could beat
past varsity teams. Then you were the one putting
other posters down. Diminishing their accomishments
In the sport of lacrosse when it seems you never played the game
but verbalize like you have. Your son is young, enjoy it. Stop comparing
him and his team to other older players who have already done what
your son is trying to do. Remember he hasn't done it yet.
Things change. Good luck to you and your family. Hopefully all his dreams
will be fulfilled in the game of lacrosse. That's what it's all about.
Not who's team would beat who.

Clearly you've missed the point of the whole discussion with Brutus stating kids of yesteryear are and were far superior and tougher and the use of intimidation as a skill and compared them to those of today who are soft and spoiled and not measuring up to his standard of the word 'athlete'; and you also missed my acceptance and support that the kids of today are in fact stronger and tougher that yesteryear as was attempted to be claimed by a bully.
If you don't like how easily a bully can be put in his place that's your problem. I only brought up my experienced to illustrate how minimal that they truly are now compared to today's athletes. Brutus is having trouble comprehending that.
Get it? Can I spell it out for you more clearly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry...if anyone was put in their place it was you.
And you were the one who acted the bully. Your posts claimed how players
Past could not compete with a bunch of 9th graders.
100% false. But again you wouldn't know cause
you never played. Enjoy the Olympics. Dreamer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop...you're being silly.

Now go and read the comics in the paper or watch cartoons on television. The plot lines aren't too demanding and you might even learn something. And be sure to tell your kids that the superheroes of yesterday could kick the [lacrosse] out of today's. :-)

(Can we please get a minimal IQ and reading comprehension score to be posted prior to posting on this site?)

Jeez....you guys are really sensitive about those glory daze (spelling pun intended for those who need footnotes)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop...you're being silly.

Now go and read the comics in the paper or watch cartoons on television. The plot lines aren't too demanding and you might even learn something. And be sure to tell your kids that the superheroes of yesterday could kick the [lacrosse] out of today's. :-)

(Can we please get a minimal IQ and reading comprehension score to be posted prior to posting on this site?)

Jeez....you guys are really sensitive about those glory daze (spelling pun intended for those who need footnotes)

You must be a real pleasure to be around with your condescending comments and superiority complex! You attempts at wit are failing miserably and you simply appear as a jackass. Please stop it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm Calling it

R.I.P. 2023 commits thread

02/07/14 09:21 AM - 02/15/14 02/17 PM

it had a short, yet undistinguished run

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This arrogant guy really thinks he is better and smarter than
everyone else. Still didn't answer the question: what
makes you an authority on everything lacrosse? Did you play?
Ir are you basing everything on what you read in books about
Lacrosse. It must be lax for dummies, cause that's how
you sound. Or have you learned everything that's needed
from the vast experience of your 14 yr old child. Yep your the bully.
Game. Set. Match. Good night Irene. And with that
I shall sign off for last time. Bye bye bully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did this arrogant poster ever play the game of lacrosse?
Simple question. Please answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your last rant mplies that you've signed off before? Stick to your guns. You're the tough guy from the '80's. your new name will be Biff. (Named for the greatest has been bully of the '80's)
Please see YOUR original post regarding the toughness of your generation vs the softness and spoiled nature of this generation. I dint chime in until your boast prompted me to refute our silly statement. You couldn't say anything of substance nor come up with a substantiated argument for your toughness cause.

I will pronounce this thread a flatline wrt your inept attempts to further your inflamed opinions. No resuscitative attempt need be made. There actually is no game set or match; as it wasn't a fair match at all. I am a bully for picking on your inferior intellectual status. I apologize. (That means I'm sorry)
Please continue to go forward at the bowling alley with your pals reliving your amazing glory days and please never stop pontificating how great you were. Must be nice to be so great. And tough. And intimidating. (Your words).

(And my son is 16, btw, and I did infact play the game. 3 letter sports per year, Biff)

I will leave you to your thoughts of grandeur. I shan't miss you or this pitiful discourse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
......my thought is that he never picked up stick prior to his current involvement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your last rant mplies that you've signed off before? Stick to your guns. You're the tough guy from the '80's. your new name will be Biff. (Named for the greatest has been bully of the '80's)
Please see YOUR original post regarding the toughness of your generation vs the softness and spoiled nature of this generation. I dint chime in until your boast prompted me to refute our silly statement. You couldn't say anything of substance nor come up with a substantiated argument for your toughness cause.

I will pronounce this thread a flatline wrt your inept attempts to further your inflamed opinions. No resuscitative attempt need be made. There actually is no game set or match; as it wasn't a fair match at all. I am a bully for picking on your inferior intellectual status. I apologize. (That means I'm sorry)
Please continue to go forward at the bowling alley with your pals reliving your amazing glory days and please never stop pontificating how great you were. Must be nice to be so great. And tough. And intimidating. (Your words).

(And my son is 16, btw, and I did infact play the game. 3 letter sports per year, Biff)

I will leave you to your thoughts of grandeur. I shan't miss you or this pitiful discourse.

For someone who claims to know everything, and sprinkle it with patronizing vocabulary, I would have thought you wold realize that there are THREE (had to spell it out for you) different posters calling you out on you rude, disrespectful and downright bizarre comments. I never signed out. Just back once again pointing out what a fool you are. I have not seen one post in support of your ridiculous comments. I think it is time for you to sign out. Please stop embarrassing yourself, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
......my thought is that he never picked up stick prior to his current involvement

Agreed! And thanks for standing up to the bully! Scary there are people like him out there! So angry and Weird!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the new vs old argument, consider this ...

If you account for (and equalize) the equipment in each era, who would you take:

1. Rob Pannell or Paul Rabil with a 1956 wood stick

OR

2. Jim Brown with a Rabil X (or Super Power).

Sorry, on this analysis, the old guy wins in the old era, and in the new era. Our boys are not any more highly evolved than the athletes back in the day. Better trained with an earlier focus, yes. But your kid isn't ever going to be Jim Brown. And he probably isn't going to be Rob Pannell or Paul Rabil either.

And honestly, you would probably not have let him play the "old version of the game" if you could see it first hand -- you are underestimating the size and speed of the guys who played long ago, and you are discounting toughness to a point that, back then, would have been deemed dangerously foolish. Anyway, have a read:
http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1129606/index.htm

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard