BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Tribalax
Isn't a scholarship a year to year contract?
Yes, in most equivalency sports, athletics scholarships are a year-to-year affair. Reports are starting to emerge (mostly from soccer) of multi-year agreements being used, but those are generally reserved for non-equivalency sports (football, basketball).
In my sons verbal agreement, it was made abundantly clear that it is a four year deal!The only way the scholarship would change would be due to academic failure or not showing up to practice etc. Not based on performance. It was said that the scholarship can only increase if he does really well. I should also point out that at some of the other schools we made visits to, and considered, the scholarship would be revaluated each year.
As we stated, multi-year agreements are starting to emerge and are not the rule in equivalency sports, but the exception at this time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Inside Lacrosse, there are now 38 "public commits" for the 2017 class. My guess is that there are several more that are not yet public. The following clubs now have the most commits so far (I know it is not a race so no comments please): Dukes (5), LI Express - includes Terps Black and Turtles combined (4), Crabs (3), 3D National (3), MaxLax (3), VLC (3). Team 91 has 2 who were both former Turtles. I also realize that many of the Ivy's need to still be under the radar at this point becuase of Academic Index, etc. Not judging, just reporting what is out there in the public domain.

Realistically, probably 50 something commits out there. Very fast pace and not slowing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Inside Lacrosse, there are now 38 "public commits" for the 2017 class. My guess is that there are several more that are not yet public. The following clubs now have the most commits so far (I know it is not a race so no comments please): Dukes (5), LI Express - includes Terps Black and Turtles combined (4), Crabs (3), 3D National (3), MaxLax (3), VLC (3). Team 91 has 2 who were both former Turtles. I also realize that many of the Ivy's need to still be under the radar at this point becuase of Academic Index, etc. Not judging, just reporting what is out there in the public domain.

Who cares if they were former Turtles, they committed playing for 91! Strange that you would point that out. The real question is why did they leave the Turtles ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they were former Turtles, they committed playing for 91! Strange that you would point that out. The real question is why did they leave the Turtles ??

Apparently hit a nerve, wasn't trying to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a younger boy I am less interested about why they left and more interested in which club they were with during their developmental years. If there is commonality between u11/u13 teams and eventual d1 commitment that is valuable information.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a younger boy I am less interested about why they left and more interested in which club they were with during their developmental years. If there is commonality between u11/u13 teams and eventual d1 commitment that is valuable information.

Or maybe the Turtles held them back, and they were noticed when they were actually aloud to play at true potential!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reality is the attackman from CSH was going to get his even if he played for Average Joe's Gym and the D-man played 1 year with the Turtles he also played 1 year for the Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe the Turtles held them back, and they were noticed when they were actually aloud to play at true potential!

I'm sure that week on 91 really unlocked it. I'm pretty sure they were both mvp of an individual showcase. makes perfect sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 more 2017s off the table today to Penn State, one from Smithtown. 3 yesterday to Maryland, Penn State, Syracuse

Cutter
Cutter
Yes, in most equivalency sports, athletics scholarships are a year-to-year affair. Reports are starting to emerge (mostly from soccer) of multi-year agreements being used, but those are generally reserved for non-equivalency sports (football, basketball).

In my sons verbal agreement, it was made abundantly clear that it is a four year deal!The only way the scholarship would change would be due to academic failure or not showing up to practice etc. Not based on performance. It was said that the scholarship can only increase if he does really well. I should also point out that at some of the other schools we made visits to, and considered, the scholarship would be revaluated each year.

Does your son need to maintain a certain gpa? If so wouldn't it be considered an academic scholarship? What division is your son playing in? And what school did he decide on? Just curious because it is extremely out of the ordinary for a lax scholarship to commit to a spot for that amount of time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Details please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does your son need to maintain a certain gpa? If so wouldn't it be considered an academic scholarship? What division is your son playing in? And what school did he decide on? Just curious because it is extremely out of the ordinary for a lax scholarship to commit to a spot for that amount of time.

D1 CAA school, Top 20 lax. GPA is minimum for the school, for any student attending, I'm basically saying he can't be flunking out. It is a athletic sholarship.

Cutter
Cutter
Wow that's awesome! Must be a good student athlete. I wish him all the success. You don't hear of things like that to often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that's awesome! Must be a good student athlete. I wish him all the success. You don't hear of things like that to often.

Thank you, he works very hard, and is under much pressure to continue to perform to his reputation, a source of much stress for our family. Success is a two edged sword !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point! It sounds like exciting times for your son! And maybe early retirement for you!
The unfortunate fact is ugly jealousy that comes from the most unusual suspects

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any LI teams planning on attending the new recruiting event sponsored by IL this summer? Looks like it could be one of the best, as they are so well connected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Freshman tryouts started yesterday with timed runs, was told by my son and his friends that I picked up and drove home, that some boys are so desperate to make the team they lied about their times. This is what you get at a Catholic school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade Freshman tryouts started yesterday with timed runs, was told by my son and his friends that I picked up and drove home, that some boys are so desperate to make the team they lied about their times. This is what you get at a Catholic school?

Seriously? Do you really think that certain aspects of human nature disappear because someone attends Catholic school? Whenever the stakes are high; no matter what, where, and when, then some will game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what are the runs they had to do and what are the times they had to attain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what are the runs they had to do and what are the times they had to attain?

Lying at a Catholic School tryout....that may get you on the team but it isn't getting you past the Pearly Gates! They will forever be banished to fresh/soph

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the coaches are there timing.... more bs unbelivable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son told me the same thing, I thought it was a joke. If my son and these other boys picked up on it I would hope the coaches did also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches wrote down what the players told them. Thats not BS thats fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Do you really think that certain aspects of human nature disappear because someone attends Catholic school? Whenever the stakes are high; no matter what, where, and when, then some will game.

Ita like saying your a good person because you go to church.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son told me the the same thing. One coach was outside giving the boys their times, they then would give the times to another coach, yes some seem to have given lower times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't the JR slots come out today from blue chip?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

allowed... YOU'RE #s are off. Wizard......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

allowed... YOU'RE #s are off. Wizard......

What #s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These #s are off. Sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These #s are off. Sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These #s are off. Sorry
Uh sorry, no they were not at the time this was posted. Pretty straightforward actually. Go to Inside Lacrosse forums (recruiting forum 2017 commit list), look at public commits for 2017s, look at club web pages or articles about commits and it is very easy to piece together. The # of commits has changed a bit since my original post a few weeks ago (which you are replying to now as if it is wrong?) as there have been more commits. In terms of non-public commits who knows, but the info above is accurate at the time it was posted and again look it up before saying it is wrong. For example, go to the Crabs page and you will see 4 public commits/ Dukes/Big 4 5, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Chaminade 2017 lax Roster will look like an All Star team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

uhh, is this a new thing? Chaminade and St. ants look that way every year. St Ants has 18 D1 recruits this year... Nothing new for these two programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will Chaminade play any 2017s up - either JV or Varsity or all freshman on freshman team no matter what given depth in other grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you have the cheater that repeated 8th grade last year,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree...that is wrong. Repeating 8th grade? As a Chaminade graduate I am disappointed in the school for taking a kid who does that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starts Freshman Year: 100+ kids trying out for 40 dedicated frosh spots. And it only gets harder and more competitive from there......

Page 42 of 70 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard