CageSage #52869 02/10/14 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this weekends results?

I must say from seeing how global sports post results they are better equipped on posting actual score not like how Rockstar gives a W or L .

Originally Posted by CageSage
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Anonymous #52874 02/10/14 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52896 02/10/14 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Global league is PAL "B" talent, at best. 8-9yo's play at 9pm.

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

If your team is any good people will know it, you don't need to tell them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52899 02/10/14 03:10 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.
BOTC will post that information shortly - please note that earlier in this thread, we had a preliminary copy of the Week #5 Schedule, but will top it off with the latest information.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
CageSage #52901 02/10/14 03:17 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 5 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #52902 02/10/14 03:24 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 6 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52905 02/10/14 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52907 02/10/14 05:06 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.
This is a league. If you do not want scores, schedules, and standings, you should rent indoor time and stage your own scrimmages.

BOTC has never understood why some are against having results recorded and published - recording results is not "anti-developmental". Recorded head-to-head results allow for better seeding at tournaments, less lopsided competition, less "sand bagging" to win trophies, and will ultimately improve the level of competition. You could argue that recorded results lead to better and more equal development.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #52908 02/10/14 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #52934 02/11/14 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not "B" level talent! It's coaches who understand the importance of having a schedule that is put out in advance and stuck to during the season. Kids these days should be playing other sports and this allows them to. I don't see anyone running their mouth on the Globall thread! Just the idiots that over pay to play in a poorly run league. My son's team played in Rockstar last year and we learned that it was poorly run. My son's team plays at Globall this year and they play early on Friday night or early Sunday morning, leaving plenty of time to play basketball or get school work done, or be a kid and go hang out with friends!

I see kids with all kinds of travel team helmets, 91, Express, Jeesters, Icon, Igloo, to name a few, on the players of these town teams playing in Globall. The coaches are going above and beyond to keep these kids playing. You have to remember, just cause you spend more doesn't mean you get more! Enjoy not knowing if your game will be played or won't be played until you show up and leave the other winter leagues out of it!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52948 02/11/14 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a purely positive note, I am a northport parent and my sons team played A team called No Name last weekend, the kids played hard, the coaches were quiet, the parents were respectful, the game was close and all in all it was a hard played fun physical youth lacrosse game. There was a tiny little kid on no name that played with more heart and skill than just about any kid I have ever seen. No controversy just a great matchup and a lot of fun.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52949 02/11/14 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says Revolution Director.

My orig post was to say additional 'stats' were unnecessary when posting results.

Cage... I'm with you, results should be posted, just not all the extras that Global reports. I'm proud of my Sons Rockstar record.

Rockstar is overpriced, but it's where all the top teams play. You've got to play the Big Dogs to be a Big Dog.

Global is a 'B' level league, except for the 2 Sand Bagging Daler Nation teams. There is nothing wrong with B level, it's a great way to develope players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #52958 02/12/14 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many top "A" players play at global but I agree the teams are "B" level. Having said that it has been a great league and very fun. It is winter lacrosse so I don't mind playing against "B" teams on a field that is about four times the size of Syosset. Winter lacrosse is to have fun and get ready for spring. These "A" teams you talk about have player missing on any given day or may have had kids that are not even plaing on the winter team. Who cares which league is better just make sure the kids have fun !!!

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #53213 02/17/14 06:13 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote