BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He treats other people with disrespect. He will
stand in front of you with his iPad . If you say
Excuse me he doesn't care. Rude!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I filmed my son playing more. too hard to film and watch the game. I bet some day 25 years from now watching your kid play will be great, watching your grandchild watch his Dad play even better .
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's enough. This parent is a kind, responsible and respected adult. So he records his child's games? Why does that bother you? He does not yell, degrade or coach his kid from the sideline. All of you should remember that your children are always watching and listening. You are setting examples for your kids by what you say AND write. How do you behave on the sideline? Or do you just come on BOTC and talk smack about others? Hate to break the news to you but your children will learn how to behave on the sidelines from watching and listening to you. Good luck with that.

Totally agree. My kid plays with "iPad Dad's" kid. He is really good guy. No banging on the glass, no berating refs, no coaching from the sidelines, no complaining about playing time. Just comes to watch his kid play the game and interact with other parents. Ask yourself: what's more pathetic, recording your kid play lacrosse or coming to a youth lacrosse message board to mock other parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL No Name Parent blogs again...Pathetic

So says the bald [lacrosse] who keeps banging on the glass while his kid keeps passing the ball and he cannot stand it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has banged on glass and shouted - I have seen him in action for almost 3 years now so don't tell me! And he also stands right in front of you with the ipad. VEry rude and inconsiderate as were many of the parents on the same team as his kid were very recently. Whatever..... all i am saying is it's not just ONE dad. Unfortunately, they are everywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage, any results from last weekends play?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not bald

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So move! At least he is actively watching and involed in his kids life, unlike most of the parents who just sit there and gossip about everyone. Don't you have anything legitimate to complain about?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So move! At least he is actively watching and involed in his kids life, unlike most of the parents who just sit there and gossip about everyone. Don't you have anything legitimate to complain about?

Let's remember one thing here- the person who posted the original post started the gossip.......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 9:30 am game on 2/2 @ the Hub has team 707 listed. They didn't play on Sunday I believe its team 702.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not bald

Its not what is missing on top of your head that people have an issue with....... Its what is missing inside of it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are not accurate..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know when fat bald tatooed dad and ipad dad will be at the hub this weekend ?ive got to see them in action for myself !!!! although i have no horse in the race ,dog in the fight ,or i will be watching while waiting for my kids game to start , got nothing to do on a saturday afternoon need some entertainment please let me know thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post MUST be the kid from the same parent who is posting behind anonymous. What is constructive about this post. This is what you are teaching your kids?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
These are not accurate..
Everything you see here on BOTC is the very latest published information. Your post has zero - absolutely zero - value. If you see something that has been updated since our publication dates, by all means SHARE the information rather than just saying that something is inaccurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know when fat bald tatooed dad and ipad dad will be at the hub this weekend ?ive got to see them in action for myself !!!! although i have no horse in the race ,dog in the fight ,or i will be watching while waiting for my kids game to start , got nothing to do on a saturday afternoon need some entertainment please let me know thanks

If you can get Ipad guy to record bald fat guy and send you the video it will save you a trip. Maybe Ipad guy will post it on BOTC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is the 5th grade cudas Blue and 5th grade cudas Orange Express team?
Is this a full team split for winter or is this 2 teams? which team is better?

Originally Posted by CageSage

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can get Ipad guy to record bald fat guy and send you the video it will save you a trip. Maybe Ipad guy will post it on BOTC?

What team is iPad dad ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably United

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually smash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this weekends results?

I must say from seeing how global sports post results they are better equipped on posting actual score not like how Rockstar gives a W or L .

Originally Posted by CageSage

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Global league is PAL "B" talent, at best. 8-9yo's play at 9pm.

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

If your team is any good people will know it, you don't need to tell them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.
BOTC will post that information shortly - please note that earlier in this thread, we had a preliminary copy of the Week #5 Schedule, but will top it off with the latest information.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 5 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 6 Schedule

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.
This is a league. If you do not want scores, schedules, and standings, you should rent indoor time and stage your own scrimmages.

BOTC has never understood why some are against having results recorded and published - recording results is not "anti-developmental". Recorded head-to-head results allow for better seeding at tournaments, less lopsided competition, less "sand bagging" to win trophies, and will ultimately improve the level of competition. You could argue that recorded results lead to better and more equal development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not "B" level talent! It's coaches who understand the importance of having a schedule that is put out in advance and stuck to during the season. Kids these days should be playing other sports and this allows them to. I don't see anyone running their mouth on the Globall thread! Just the idiots that over pay to play in a poorly run league. My son's team played in Rockstar last year and we learned that it was poorly run. My son's team plays at Globall this year and they play early on Friday night or early Sunday morning, leaving plenty of time to play basketball or get school work done, or be a kid and go hang out with friends!

I see kids with all kinds of travel team helmets, 91, Express, Jeesters, Icon, Igloo, to name a few, on the players of these town teams playing in Globall. The coaches are going above and beyond to keep these kids playing. You have to remember, just cause you spend more doesn't mean you get more! Enjoy not knowing if your game will be played or won't be played until you show up and leave the other winter leagues out of it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a purely positive note, I am a northport parent and my sons team played A team called No Name last weekend, the kids played hard, the coaches were quiet, the parents were respectful, the game was close and all in all it was a hard played fun physical youth lacrosse game. There was a tiny little kid on no name that played with more heart and skill than just about any kid I have ever seen. No controversy just a great matchup and a lot of fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says Revolution Director.

My orig post was to say additional 'stats' were unnecessary when posting results.

Cage... I'm with you, results should be posted, just not all the extras that Global reports. I'm proud of my Sons Rockstar record.

Rockstar is overpriced, but it's where all the top teams play. You've got to play the Big Dogs to be a Big Dog.

Global is a 'B' level league, except for the 2 Sand Bagging Daler Nation teams. There is nothing wrong with B level, it's a great way to develope players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many top "A" players play at global but I agree the teams are "B" level. Having said that it has been a great league and very fun. It is winter lacrosse so I don't mind playing against "B" teams on a field that is about four times the size of Syosset. Winter lacrosse is to have fun and get ready for spring. These "A" teams you talk about have player missing on any given day or may have had kids that are not even plaing on the winter team. Who cares which league is better just make sure the kids have fun !!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw agirls team play yesterday before my daughters game - I neversawthem before - are they new and where arethey based out of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody told me that "Rockstar" lacrosse - the ones that organize this disaster of a league is actually Team 91 - is that accurate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the south shore - I remember during tryouts a lot of people talking about this team as the guy who started it stole a bunch of kids from Turf Island or something like that. I saw them there last night - their 6th grade girls team beat a 5th grade girls team. They looked ok but would have thought they would have blown out a team where most of the kids were a year (and in some cases more than a year) younger. It is their first year so who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody told me that "Rockstar" lacrosse - the ones that organize this disaster of a league is actually Team 91 - is that accurate?

Team 91, DLT, Proplayer, Rockstar, Lax Fest, Shamrock Shootout, Mylacrossetournaments.com, Wreckless Lacrosse etc...the list is endless....there are about 4 guys who run almost every aspect of Long Island Lacrosse (I wish I was the 5th...lol)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday produced a lot of exciting games , nice to see close games rather than 20 goal blow outs

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard