BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 47 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people are pathetic talking about a 14 year old kid here.

I personally know the young man and I find it hard to believe that there might be anyone out there that works harder than him. Is it that difficult for you to just tip your cap to him and say great job.

I wish nothing but the best for him as should everyone else.

Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! You belittle what the kid has busted his butt on to accomplish.

Agree, I am not from his town and not from his club but I know who he is and I know that he has put in a lot of time. He one of the best I have seen at 2018.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank u for that post. But when my kid is 5'3 5'4" say in tenth grade does he have a real opportunity to make it? Prob not when there will be an attackman at 5'10" and fully developed. He sees it already and works hard and is on one of the better teams at his age group but I wonder. Those early bloomers do have an advantage.

Of course they have an advantage. Just have your son do the best he can. Not everyone needs to play at duke or virginia. If he loves lacrosse and he is good at it, use it to he best of your advantage you can.

There will be tons of people with different advantages, older, bigger, faster, D1 coach as a father, personal training, money for weeks in canada learning box, prep school etc.

Just have your son be the best he can and see how far it takes him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank u for that post. But when my kid is 5'3 5'4" say in tenth grade does he have a real opportunity to make it? Prob not when there will be an attackman at 5'10" and fully developed. He sees it already and works hard and is on one of the better teams at his age group but I wonder. Those early bloomers do have an advantage.

First take a breath. They all don't have to commit in 9th grade. Kids commit later, and do very well. My son played on a strong recruiting team as a rising senior last summer. There were 7 or 8 kids that committed to D1 schools like, Michigan, Yale, Lafayette and Delaware. Others committed to great D3 programs as well. Your son has plenty of time, and the opportunities will be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I appreciate the feedback. It's frustrating though knowing your son has the ability but his size will hurt him at this age. I was always told u are too small and I went on to play 1AA college football. I was a late bloomer and he is following. And with this recruting process starting so early it makes u a little crazy. Lol. And I have no problem him going to a good div 3 or 2 school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I appreciate the feedback. It's frustrating though knowing your son has the ability but his size will hurt him at this age. I was always told u are too small and I went on to play 1AA college football. I was a late bloomer and he is following. And with this recruting process starting so early it makes u a little crazy. Lol. And I have no problem him going to a good div 3 or 2 school.

I get it. Sounds like your son is a good athlete, focus on that. There are many "big kids" who don't move like smaller kids. Their bodies take time to catch up with their size. That's frustrating too. There are kids who are great athletes, but despite hard work can't break a B in the classroom. Every kid has challenges. As my Mom always said "go with what you've got"!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome kid, unbelievable player. Very well deserved hardest working kid I know. My son has played with him since the 5 the grade. Deserves all the kudos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome kid, unbelievable player. Very well deserved hardest working kid I know. My son has played with him since the 5 the grade. Deserves all the kudos

This child is one of the top players for 2018 and deserves the kudos. The buzz is more about the quality of the reporting. At a minimum it was biased by reputation and outside inputs. The simple math shows that the reporter would have only had a snapshot of all the players he listed. I would question wether Ty asked " who is the kid wearing numer xxx?" or " What number is ( kids name) wearing?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not that complicated. He watches some games/practices and more importantly, he talks to the 3D evaluators who watch every game. He may choose to acknowledge kids based on his own evaluation, but he is informed of who to watch from the 3D evaluators and coaches. This, of course, would be what any reporter/blogger would do -- listen to many sources and report an opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great kid. I know the kid trains 8 days a week. Before school after school nights kid is always working at getting better. Athlete Zone training. That is his second home. Congrats on the write up and keep up the hard work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This child is one of the top players for 2018 and deserves the kudos. The buzz is more about the quality of the reporting. At a minimum it was biased by reputation and outside inputs. The simple math shows that the reporter would have only had a snapshot of all the players he listed. I would question wether Ty asked " who is the kid wearing numer xxx?" or " What number is ( kids name) wearing?"

What's wrong with the reporting? Was your son not written up? I bet there would be a lot less whining if there were more LI kids identified as standouts! Kuttin was written up because he is a standout, the others just didn't make as much of an impression. Don't be upset, the kids are only in eighth grade. they have at least 2 more years to get noticed! Good luck

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to just relax. A blogger wrote about a few players at a showcase event. He couldn't write about everyone and picked a few from different positions. This was a very tough region probably the toughest of all the 3DBC regions. To be mentioned in the main body is a nice accomplishment and then to be in the honorable mention area is also great. Why must parents take it to the level where they bash kids. My son was there played very well wasn't mentioned but I couldn't be happier for the Kuttin family and all the other Long Island boys mentioned. It was a great event my son will do it again. Thought the coaching was great and the overall talent was exceptional. It was a great barometer to see how your child played when placed in a new team style concept. Most of the boys from Long Island play on the same teams or play against each other. Amazing as it sounds they were all friends before and will be friends after this event. My son commented how nice the players from Dukes, Patriots, Building Blocks and other teams were. Parents just get over the petty b.s. you construe in your own heads. Let the boys have fun being kids and playing the game they love.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to just relax. A blogger wrote about a few players at a showcase event. He couldn't write about everyone and picked a few from different positions. This was a very tough region probably the toughest of all the 3DBC regions. To be mentioned in the main body is a nice accomplishment and then to be in the honorable mention area is also great. Why must parents take it to the level where they bash kids. My son was there played very well wasn't mentioned but I couldn't be happier for the Kuttin family and all the other Long Island boys mentioned. It was a great event my son will do it again. Thought the coaching was great and the overall talent was exceptional. It was a great barometer to see how your child played when placed in a new team style concept. Most of the boys from Long Island play on the same teams or play against each other. Amazing as it sounds they were all friends before and will be friends after this event. My son commented how nice the players from Dukes, Patriots, Building Blocks and other teams were. Parents just get over the petty b.s. you construe in your own heads. Let the boys have fun being kids and playing the game they love.

Nice post. It is so true how they all are friends. My older son has attended several of these showcases. He has developed frienships from all over the country, they all chat constantly. They support each other and congratulate each other on their commitments. Lacrosse players belong to a true brotherhood. They parents are way more anxious and competitive than the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice post. It is so true how they all are friends. My older son has attended several of these showcases. He has developed frienships from all over the country, they all chat constantly. They support each other and congratulate each other on their commitments. Lacrosse players belong to a true brotherhood. They parents are way more anxious and competitive than the kids.

Well this weekend is the final 3d Blue Chip, East Coast, then they should start finalizing the 120 invites. Good luck to all the 2018 kids who tried out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
need some help here - Inside Lacrosse seems to have taken down the link to all of Mr Zanders recruiting blogs - has it moved or is it gone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
need some help here - Inside Lacrosse seems to have taken down the link to all of Mr Zanders recruiting blogs - has it moved or is it gone?

No they didn't, http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/...e-chip-tryout-recap-mid-atlantic-region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it seems to be gone from the drop down tab under recruiting - also it does not come up when you do a search for Ty Xanders" lots of articles but none of the camp stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just posted this on the 2017 site and thought you would be interested. Re: early recruiting for 2017 class.

Another 2017 kid just commited. This time a middie from FCA and Calvert Hall to Ohio State. According to Inside Lacrosse, that now makes 32 "public" commits. UNC (8), UVA (7), Johns Hopkins (7) classes close to being filled up, Maryland has 4. How many more commits to you think are outr there (meaning actual verbals) that have not gone public yet? 10/20/30? This is happening very quickly, admittedly a decent percentage of the 32 have re-classified into the 2017 class (e.g., were 2016s), but that is still a lot. Nothing slowing this early commit thing down apparently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it seems to be gone from the drop down tab under recruiting - also it does not come up when you do a search for Ty Xanders" lots of articles but none of the camp stuff

search 3d blue chip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just posted this on the 2017 site and thought you would be interested. Re: early recruiting for 2017 class.

Another 2017 kid just commited. This time a middie from FCA and Calvert Hall to Ohio State. According to Inside Lacrosse, that now makes 32 "public" commits. UNC (8), UVA (7), Johns Hopkins (7) classes close to being filled up, Maryland has 4. How many more commits to you think are outr there (meaning actual verbals) that have not gone public yet? 10/20/30? This is happening very quickly, admittedly a decent percentage of the 32 have re-classified into the 2017 class (e.g., were 2016s), but that is still a lot. Nothing slowing this early commit thing down apparently.

Apparently this is another holdback ... should be class of 2016, with an early 1998 birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word that a 2018 will announce his commitment shortly. Not a joke!! I guess this is going as predicted! Crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word that a 2018 will announce his commitment shortly. Not a joke!! I guess this is going as predicted! Crazy!

u r crazy!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

Would not surprise me, it's the way things are going. I thought it would have happened next year for and 8th grader. Looks like the runaway train is showing no signs of stopping...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

Neither. they would still be in middle school!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

That joke was lost on some I see. Since he is only in Middle school his committing should only be to what High school he goes to, not college.

It would be interested to see with this trend of younger commits do they stay home or go to the privates??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the committing time to the privates is upon us. I am interetsed to see a few things?

[list]
[*] Which school got the top players.

[list]
[*]with the 2018 class headed to high school how many 91 Express boys going to Cham or St A's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

Would not surprise me, it's the way things are going. I thought it would have happened next year for and 8th grader. Looks like the runaway train is showing no signs of stopping...

Next year a 7th grader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

That joke was lost on some I see. Since he is only in Middle school his committing should only be to what High school he goes to, not college.

It would be interested to see with this trend of younger commits do they stay home or go to the privates??

the only persons getting committed should be the parents on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

Thank you, I will try to keep subtlety to a minimum going forward -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other LI boys that impressed? Goalies or D?

Were not too many LI players there. Mostly New England and a lot of MD/DC. Crabs and Madlax defenseman very strong. Jesters goalie played real well! Made some crazy saves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's or Cham?

that was funny. But true.

the only persons getting committed should be the parents on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were not too many LI players there. Mostly New England and a lot of MD/DC. Crabs and Madlax defenseman very strong. Jesters goalie played real well! Made some crazy saves.

Jesters goalie parent 3D evaluators doesn't read this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, some of us do...and don't think college coaches don't take a peek...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then if thats the case here are my sons stats: He is 6'3 weighs 195 runs a 4.3 40 yard has a verticle of 45. His AI is off the charts. He lit it up at the 2018 Mid Atlantic Region and can play any position equally as well as the best player at that postion. I will be accepting college offers when he turns 13 my email is inyourdreams@aol.com

If any college coaches and evaluators rely on the BS thats written here their teams are in trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then if thats the case here are my sons stats: He is 6'3 weighs 195 runs a 4.3 40 yard has a verticle of 45. His AI is off the charts. He lit it up at the 2018 Mid Atlantic Region and can play any position equally as well as the best player at that postion. I will be accepting college offers when he turns 13 my email is inyourdreams@aol.com

If any college coaches and evaluators rely on the BS thats written here their teams are in trouble.

Wow. Lot of free time?

If someone says something positive about someone who's not on 91 it must be his mom?!
The people who were there saw who played well and I am confident 3D evaluators did as well. Be happy for all the boys that went out and played hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Lot of free time?

If someone says something positive about someone who's not on 91 it must be his mom?!
The people who were there saw who played well and I am confident 3D evaluators did as well. Be happy for all the boys that went out and played hard.

I was there. Kid played well. As did other Jester players, Express and Team LI players. Best to all the LI kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its so funny that a goalie from next level a MD team was mentioned today in the 2018 north east region of 3D write up or players to watch but he also played in last years 2017 group. TY states hes big for his age and fills up the net. Of course he's big he's probably 15. Another reclassification kid taking the spot of a true 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its so funny that a goalie from next level a MD team was mentioned today in the 2018 north east region of 3D write up or players to watch but he also played in last years 2017 group. TY states hes big for his age and fills up the net. Of course he's big he's probably 15. Another reclassification kid taking the spot of a true 2018.

Actually south region not northeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard a few xtreme players are heading to Chaminade any idea who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the committing time to the privates is upon us. I am interetsed to see a few things?

[list]
[*] Which school got the top players.

[list]
[*]with the 2018 class headed to high school how many 91 Express boys going to Cham or St A's

The top boys mostly will go to one of these 2 schools. Not too many top college commitments come from many other schools on LI. Maybe GC, Manhasset, Smithtown. If you;re not in these districts, and you have a chance at top college, most likely you're going to St. A or Cham.

Page 17 of 47 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard