BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
turf island was worse. So, far both sessions for us have been just fine. Games start and finish on time. Refs show and other teams are there. 8 games now between the 2 sessions and no complaints, except the outrageous fee's. But hay, the Hub is as nice a field as LI has. Go to turf island and you will be amazed that it is still open. i think i also saw Jimmy Hoffa buried out back!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the spring and summer, most of the travel teams spend the majority of their time playing 4 or 5 games in tournaments every weekend. They practice only once or twice a week.
Time is much better spent training and practicing in the winter, rather than entering these poorly run leagues. Regardless of what indoor facility you choose, well run practices that gives the kids a significant amount of reps and touches is much more beneficial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the town team has some work to do. Ever hear of "hitting the wall". Not all town teams can't compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know "who" is actually running the league? Is it Sports Hub or do they outsource to somebody else to run? Maybe BOTC can talk to them about the issues? Scheduling 10 year old games at 9 PM on a Sunday nigh? Having teams on a schedule that arent registered? Having teams that do not show up? OR maybe it is too late?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anybody know "who" is actually running the league?
The league coordinator became Sean Chamberlain at info [at] rockstarlax.com after some organizational changes. The league was originally being marketed directly by the Sports Hub when it was first brought to us.

Is it Sports Hub or do they outsource to somebody else to run?
The league is managed outside the Sports Hub itself as we have indicated.

Maybe BOTC can talk to them about the issues? Scheduling 10 year old games at 9 PM on a Sunday nigh?
If this is a scheduling issue in future weeks, bring it to the attention of the league. If this is a complaint about a past week, there is nothing that can be done.

Having teams on a schedule that arent registered?
Were these last minute fill-ins? Can you name the non-registered team? We have no examples of that on hand.

Having teams that do not show up? OR maybe it is too late?
BOTC has offered the league some very simple suggestions when we discussed with Sean the need to publish schedules and results starting with Week #3 in Session I - which was done and carried here on BOTC.

BOTC also recommended that every team pay up front with no refunds. In return, the league would set aside blocks of time for age groups (for example, ten year olds play between 10am and 4pm as an example). Your games would be placed somewhere in that time range on a weekly basis. Once you sign up and know your blocks of time, you show up for your games - no make-ups.

BOTC has also offered the idea of requiring a performance bond along with the application fee so that any team that forfeits a game loses the performance bond which is used to refund their opponent.

Then again, with 150+ teams, we would have a much harder hand with managing to the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Mr or Mrs Crazy. Posing as a stranger to pump up a 4th grade team IS pathetic. whether or not your son plays for them? Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Mr or Mrs Crazy. Posing as a stranger to pump up a 4th grade team IS pathetic. whether or not your son plays for them? Lol

I come on regularly to check the schedule so I am far from a stranger to this board. i think YOU are the pathetic stranger that likes bashing teams and trolling around with your negativity. find a reason to be happy about something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turf Island is somebody's business that supports family's. Who ever you are bashing this place,why are you hiding behind ANONYMOUS. If you have something
to say thats negative put your name to it tough guy. They are good people that own Turf Island who do a lot for the local community and also the lacrosse community,most recently the special needs lacrosse clinic last month. So crawl out from under that ROCK and put you name to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turf Island is somebody's business that supports family's. Who ever you are bashing this place,why are you hiding behind ANONYMOUS. If you have something
to say thats negative put your name to it tough guy. They are good people that own Turf Island who do a lot for the local community and also the lacrosse community,most recently the special needs lacrosse clinic last month. So crawl out from under that ROCK and put you name to this.

Really? So now people shouldnt be providing honest feedback? So when you go to a restaurant that is not very good, you tell everyone how much you liked it because "somebody" owns it? Hmmmm that makes sense. If the people that owned Turf Island really cared, they would clean it up and make the place better, Just because there is limited competition in that market, dont take advantage of your customers by running it like the dump it is! Maybe if they did something about it people would not have to complain.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Really? So now people shouldnt be providing honest feedback? So when you go to a restaurant that is not very good, you tell everyone how much you liked it because "somebody" owns it? Hmmmm that makes sense. If the people that owned Turf Island really cared, they would clean it up and make the place better, Just because there is limited competition in that market, dont take advantage of your customers by running it like the dump it is! Maybe if they did something about it people would not have to complain.
This thread is designed to discuss the Rockstar Lacrosse League. The discussion has gone off the rails looking at other facilities. Registered users can open a thread to discuss alternate topics such as Turf Island if needed, but they are now going to be stopped on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet another Schedule change after only week 3. So should we just go with a weekly schedule since the one they send out gets changed every week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they send out another schedule this week?
Yet another Schedule change after only week 3. So should we just go with a weekly schedule since the one they send out gets changed every week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone post this if there has been another schedule change?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Schedule (Revised)

Revision Posted : January 30th, 10:00am

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The latest edition for Week #3 (with revisions from the previously revised edition) has been posted.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Schedule (Revised)

Revision Posted : January 30th, 10:00am

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The latest edition for Week #3 (with revisions from the previously revised edition) has been posted.

This is absurd! I know that things change, but how is anybody supposed to plan a weekend when you don't know until Friday when your kid(s) will be playing. I wouldn't let Rockstar run a birthday party for my 3 year old - they would end up planning it for the wrong day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not have a kid playing but team parents of Igloo playing today at around 10:30 should be embarrassed of themselves. Not sure of the age group , looked to be around 5 th grade. The guy banging on the glass w the bald head really needs to stop acting like a moron. Screaming and yelling and pounding on the glass every time a kid on his team catches the ball, calm down its a winter league game . People were laughing at how ridiculous you looked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absurd! I know that things change, but how is anybody supposed to plan a weekend when you don't know until Friday when your kid(s) will be playing. I wouldn't let Rockstar run a birthday party for my 3 year old - they would end up planning it for the wrong day!

I'm only talking about girls. The league is a travesty. Refs don't know rules. Coaches don't know rules. Teams are grouped horribly. Last year their were two refs for every game. Now you have one ref for the younger games and it is unsafe. This year you get fewer games, one less ref, poor management, a schedule that changes weekly all for more money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not have a kid playing but team parents of Igloo playing today at around 10:30 should be embarrassed of themselves. Not sure of the age group , looked to be around 5 th grade. The guy banging on the glass w the bald head really needs to stop acting like a moron. Screaming and yelling and pounding on the glass every time a kid on his team catches the ball, calm down its a winter league game . People were laughing at how ridiculous you looked.

Yeah that ball headed guy or the fat guy with tattoos can be really annoying when his sons team is thrashing your sons team deposite your son being a year older.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Yeah that ball headed guy or the fat guy with tattoos can be really annoying when his sons team is thrashing your sons team deposite your son being a year older.
Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't even go there. Every team has some crazy parents. I had to stare at some tattooed mans back the whole game at MLK tourney and lets not forget the crazy iPad dad. I won't mention team name though. I think you're the crazy ridiculous tough guy naming a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't even go there. Every team has some crazy parents. I had to stare at some tattooed mans back the whole game at MLK tourney and lets not forget the crazy iPad dad. I won't mention team name though. I think you're the crazy ridiculous tough guy naming a team

The funniest thing I have seen is one of the college coaches that was following this one guys kid at a tournament last summer walked up to this one loadmouth parent and intoduced themselves to the parent and then told him they were no longer interested in his kid in front of everyone on the sideline. This guy was silent the rest of the summer!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this team NO NAME I saw them play Saturday they all have different helmet's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo? Really, Igloo? Well if you were upset by that, spend a few moments watching the 91 parents; your head would explode.

The funniest thing I have seen is one of the college coaches that was following this one guys kid at a tournament last summer walked up to this one loadmouth parent and intoduced themselves to the parent and then told him they were no longer interested in his kid in front of everyone on the sideline. This guy was silent the rest of the summer!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fat, bald, tatooed, Igloo parent banging on the glass and screaming like a lunatic...... Which one - you need to be more specific?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, seems like some parent from LIE NYC is a bit upset that they lost to some younger boys.
I was watching as our boys played next and thought the game was exciting. Yes, the bald guy was absolutely hysterical, enough so that he got you to wake up first this thing this am and cry about your loss and post about him.
Name calling, I would expect nothing less from most parents that post here and hide behind the "anonymous" poster name.
Regardless, they, igloo that is, they are a very good team who are coached extremely well and play extremely intelligent and tough on the field. I have watched them play before and they are quite impressive.
So instead of crying behind your loss and some parent who obviously got you that outraged to post as the next person, how about saying they, the "boys" played a good game. Simple enough I would think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know but they can play my sons game was after them and i watched they had some sharp shooters ripping shots top corners of the cage all game someone said they are a 4th graders too they ran up the score a little bit my son said they are from all the top travel teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement? [/quote]

Why? Because sometimes parents need to be held for their actions. Just maybe if they see they are hurting their kids then "just maybe" they would calm down, cheer and stop acting like a bunch of morons. You never know who is watching

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement?
Why? Because sometimes parents need to be held for their actions. Just maybe if they see they are hurting their kids then "just maybe" they would calm down, cheer and stop acting like a bunch of morons. You never know who is watching
Why is it that parents who are administering their version of accountability cannot seem to keep the "quote" tags in order? Seriously, think twice before you start identifying the morons. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, I hope I have seen it all. But more to the point why isn't somebody from the HUB walking over and telling him to stop at least banging on the glass. Or anybody that witnessed it. Just ask the guy to stop - not because he is acting like an arse, but because it was likely distracting the other kids in the game. I would have said something. If you would rather avoid a confrontation - just ask the desk there. Blogging about just makes for some fun reading about my favorite winter league. 7 weeks until we are outdoors and the Shamrock - hope that groundhog was right. Although the mayor did drop the poor little guy - so I hope that didn't throw off his predictive skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thought that guy was funny! who is team sargent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are comical, I was there to watch my daughters team play and just happened to watch some of the igloo game which seemed to be very competitive, no more than a goal difference for the time I was watching. Honestly have no idea of age of kids or if 1 team was a year older but the bald guy banging on the glass was out of control.Trying to justify it as sour grapes on my part is just silly, point is this particular guy was pretty amusing yelling instructions thru the glass wall and pounding on the glass. He seemed desperate for his kids team to win which they obviously must have thankfully , would not want to be around when they lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL No Name Parent blogs again...Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly like you are. If there was attribution you wouldn't get the honesty, comedy, entertainment and especially good info on the best sport on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know that crazy I pad dad...does same
thing at his kids town games. Does not care
who he is offending. Pompous gym teacher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That doesn't condone acting like an idiot on the
sideline. No one mentioned anything about the
boys play. They are excellent. Their parents act
like fools, not all of them mind you, but this one
in particular made a scene and a fool of himself.
That's all that was stated. Class needs to be
put back into this beautiful game and it starts
with the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what the heck are you talking about? you have NO idea what you are saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's enough. This parent is a kind, responsible and respected adult. So he records his child's games? Why does that bother you? He does not yell, degrade or coach his kid from the sideline. All of you should remember that your children are always watching and listening. You are setting examples for your kids by what you say AND write. How do you behave on the sideline? Or do you just come on BOTC and talk smack about others? Hate to break the news to you but your children will learn how to behave on the sidelines from watching and listening to you. Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's enough. This parent is a kind, responsible and respected adult. So he records his child's games? Why does that bother you? He does not yell, degrade or coach his kid from the sideline. All of you should remember that your children are always watching and listening. You are setting examples for your kids by what you say AND write. How do you behave on the sideline? Or do you just come on BOTC and talk smack about others? Hate to break the news to you but your children will learn how to behave on the sidelines from watching and listening to you. Good luck with that.

Totally agree. My kid plays with "iPad Dad's" kid. He is really good guy. No banging on the glass, no berating refs, no coaching from the sidelines, no complaining about playing time. Just comes to watch his kid play the game and interact with other parents. Ask yourself: what's more pathetic, recording your kid play lacrosse or coming to a youth lacrosse message board to mock other parents?

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard