BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the info. But Cuttin is the only 2018. Since this is 2018 thread how did the other boys do.

Read the write up from insidelacrosse magazine. Many LI boys got mentioned.

Kuttin is the only 2018. The rest are from other years. This is the 2018 thread to discuss the 2018 players. He played really well even though his team was pretty bad and lost every game.

Boys named in inside lacrosse 2018 Mid-Atlantic:

S Kuttin (Team 91)
B Brosnahan (Express Terps)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info. But Cuttin is the only 2018. Since this is 2018 thread how did the other boys do.

Kuttin is the only 2018. The rest are from other years. This is the 2018 thread to discuss the 2018 players. He played really well even though his team was pretty bad and lost every game.

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

Didn't see Brandon mentioned until now. Good for him he played really well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

Just to be clear, only Kuttin was written up. The others recieved "mentions", not the same thing. The goal is to be one of the kids actually listed in bold as a stand out. the other kids need to work a little harder, maybe next time they will see their names in bold!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the goal was two fold:

-learn something as the 3d coaching was excellent
-prove yourself against peers and try to earn a trip to Jake Reed

I had no idea the goal was to get on this IL blogger's radar. Have you read what he wrote? Most of the quickly jotted forum posts and assorted rants we read on BOTC are more eloquently written and make better use of grammar than the IL author and editors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

Just to be clear, only Kuttin was written up. The others recieved "mentions", not the same thing. The goal is to be one of the kids actually listed in bold as a stand out. the other kids need to work a little harder, maybe next time they will see their names in bold!

Brosnahan did not get a mention he was in the write up too.

Charlie Cordisco, LSM/D, Kennett Square (Pa.) / Dukes HHH / #140
The athletic LSM made a big impact when he was on the field, roaming with an active stick and sound footwork. Did a nice job shadowing his man 1-on-1 and simply made plays. Teammate Brandon Brosnahan (Syosset, N.Y. / LI Express Terps) also impressed down on close D with his motor, size and stick work.

Yes, i know, he wasn't the highlighted but if you go by your statement, he did get written too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had no idea the goal was to get on this IL blogger's radar. Have you read what he wrote? Most of the quickly jotted forum posts and assorted rants we read on BOTC are more eloquently written and make better use of grammar than the IL author and editors.

Ty Xander is the king of Hs lax. When he writes you up college coaches take notice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

Who's goal is it to be written up? Yours? I feel bad for your kid, If you are the one setting HIS goals. Is it so hard for you to give those kids any credit who got "mentioned"? What an embarrassment right? What a bunch of 13/14 year old losers! They should be ashamed of themselves! Does writing that actually make you feel better about yourself or your own kid? Some of you people are truly out of you minds! BTW How do you know how hard they worked? Congrats to the boys who were "mentioned" and the boys who weren't, but worked their asses off to get there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

You sir/ma'am sum up about evrything wrong with youth sports Are you the same person that sent IL a text? gimme a break if the goal was to type moronic comments well yours should be put in bold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. The Goal is to make the top 125 and get the invite to Jake Reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being mentioned is obviously nice but not the ultimate goal of the camp.

For most, the ultimate goal I assume it is to get the Jake Reed invite. That was my sons goal but after 2 days of the camp, we agreed, the experience was well worth it even if he didn't get the invite.

Overall a great camp and experience.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many games did Ty Xander actully watch at the 2018 level since all games for the 3 age groups were going on at the same time. seems to be a case of playing at the right time for a quick look by mr Xander

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

You sir/ma'am sum up about evrything wrong with youth sports Are you the same person that sent IL a text? gimme a break if the goal was to type moronic comments well yours should be put in bold

I disagree. I believe you are everything wrong with youth sports and youth in general. Everyone is not special, and everyone does not deserve a medal. Deal with it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S Kuttin (Team 91)
Tommy Rooney (Team 91)
J Ginder (Team 91)
F Marinello (Team 91)

Brosnahan did not get a mention he was in the write up too.

Charlie Cordisco, LSM/D, Kennett Square (Pa.) / Dukes HHH / #140
The athletic LSM made a big impact when he was on the field, roaming with an active stick and sound footwork. Did a nice job shadowing his man 1-on-1 and simply made plays. Teammate Brandon Brosnahan (Syosset, N.Y. / LI Express Terps) also impressed down on close D with his motor, size and stick work.

Yes, i know, he wasn't the highlighted but if you go by your statement, he did get written too.

That was nice, but the goal is to be in bold!! He was mentioned in someone else' s write up. Still nice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. Whether it was a write up of a kid or a kid was made mention of. Let's be happy for those kids that were able to standout amongst the best competition. That fact that anybody would lessen something that is a positive is sad. Can you all talk about the experience overall - so those of us that what our kids to attend in the coming years know what to expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to be clear, only Kuttin was written up. The others recieved "mentions", not the same thing. The goal is to be one of the kids actually listed in bold as a stand out. the other kids need to work a little harder, maybe next time they will see their names in bold! [/quote]

You sir/ma'am sum up about evrything wrong with youth sports Are you the same person that sent IL a text? gimme a break if the goal was to type moronic comments well yours should be put in bold [/quote]

I disagree. I believe you are everything wrong with youth sports and youth in general. Everyone is not special, and everyone does not deserve a medal. Deal with it! [/quote]

I really hope he is not your kid, because you are embarrasing yourself and him...Kid is a great player by the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir/ma'am sum up about evrything wrong with youth sports Are you the same person that sent IL a text? gimme a break if the goal was to type moronic comments well yours should be put in bold [/quote]

I disagree. I believe you are everything wrong with youth sports and youth in general. Everyone is not special, and everyone does not deserve a medal. Deal with it! [/quote]

I really hope he is not your kid, because you are embarrasing yourself and him...Kid is a great player by the way. [/quote]

Yea your right. The goal is to get written up by a twenty something that NEVER played the game himself! A typical sports writer. What are his credentials to evaluate athletic talent at any level. Gotta wonder why you would be so concerned about that. And please, please, please don't fool yourselves college coaches DONT take notice of these write ups at all. They rely on their own eyes, their assistant coaches and heir close network of COACHES. I've literally seen write ups on kids that in other age groups that are 2nd string "B" players no kidding! No horse in the race here, just some facts for you all to contemplate. Facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty Xander is the king of Hs lax. When he writes you up college coaches take notice!

Your kidding right? College coaches know better. The only people that pay any attention to hear write ups are the kids and their goofy parents. What are his credentials to evaluate talent? Anyone know where and at what level he played or coached? Nope. Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, as to the write up by Ty - understand that for 2018 the kids were divided into 6 teams and they played 4 games as did 2017 and 2016. There were always 3 games going on at the same time. Ty wrote about each class so unless he has super powers there is no way he saw every game. I hope that puts his write up into some perspective. Congrats to each of the kids that got mentioned but having watched 6 2018 games I can tell you the talent level across the board was off the charts. I saw some of the best lacrosse I have seen played at the 8th grade level. To me there were a handful of kids at top of the class who were phenomenal and a handful at the bottom who were very good but not quite there. The majority of the kids in the middle were really, really good. What was very impressive to me was the excellent passing - you just didn't see any ball hogging which surprised me for a showcase event. The training and coaching was fantastic and it was clear the kids bought into the warnings that ball hogging was the best way to insure not getting an invite.

The goal really is to be one of the kids that makes it to the summer event and I don't know how they will make those decisions as so many played well enough to make it. Whether my son is in that group or not it was well worth the trip and the $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding right? College coaches know better. The only people that pay any attention to hear write ups are the kids and their goofy parents. What are his credentials to evaluate talent? Anyone know where and at what level he played or coached? Nope. Why?

Amen. This guy is a joke. He only writes about kids he hears whispers about from Chanenchuk and others who want their kids written about. It's a scam and a sham. Look at the lists of recruits - just as many if not more that didn't even make this guys "watch list". Love the egg on his face everytime a new "non-lister" commits to a top 10 program. One guy can't possibly properly evaluate thousands of players across the U.S. and Canada in one grade let alone several. They should just stop this foolish stuff but they won't because even though its worthless it generates pages views and more importantly advertsing dollars from monkeys like us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many games did Ty Xander actully watch at the 2018 level since all games for the 3 age groups were going on at the same time. seems to be a case of playing at the right time for a quick look by mr Xander

Best case scenario, he could have ran from field to field and could have watched ~ 15 minutes of every game without eating or a bio brake which means he missed a lot more then he saw. Then again I'm sure he bought the full video for the 3 age groups and watched them all before writing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your write up is spot on. We attended the South event and feel the same way.

Ty does a disservice to the event with his coverage. He should of covered a single grade only. It is clear he caught only limited action and clear he had favorites/kids he already knew of and planned to watch before the event. For a blind tryout you would the think the coverage should be blind too.

First, as to the write up by Ty - understand that for 2018 the kids were divided into 6 teams and they played 4 games as did 2017 and 2016. There were always 3 games going on at the same time. Ty wrote about each class so unless he has super powers there is no way he saw every game. I hope that puts his write up into some perspective. Congrats to each of the kids that got mentioned but having watched 6 2018 games I can tell you the talent level across the board was off the charts. I saw some of the best lacrosse I have seen played at the 8th grade level. To me there were a handful of kids at top of the class who were phenomenal and a handful at the bottom who were very good but not quite there. The majority of the kids in the middle were really, really good. What was very impressive to me was the excellent passing - you just didn't see any ball hogging which surprised me for a showcase event. The training and coaching was fantastic and it was clear the kids bought into the warnings that ball hogging was the best way to insure not getting an invite.

The goal really is to be one of the kids that makes it to the summer event and I don't know how they will make those decisions as so many played well enough to make it. Whether my son is in that group or not it was well worth the trip and the $.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can't we just be happy that so many LI boys were even mentioned. Kuttin so deserves the accolades. The fact that those other boys were noticed to be given honorable mention is also an honor. They stood out at event where it was difficult to stand out. Just like any recruiting/showcase event the coaches, evaluators, only see you at certain times and if you standout you standout if you don't you don't. To be mentioned is to be on the radar. Even if it's by a blogger who covers lacrosse. Now the final evaluation and team selection is up to those at the event. It is a difficult job and one that will receive much criticism. Oh and what's most interesting is all the ex D1 players who are parents on this and read this site can criticize the bloggers lacrosse pedigree and whst does he know. Just enjoy your kid and their successes and failures. Before you know it their off to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the fact that he wrote about/mentioned a kid (Dalton Koponen (D - St. Thomas Aquinas, Fla. / Florida Xtreme)at two events, so either that kid went to two showcases in a row or someone wasn't paying to much attention to what he himself was writing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the fact that he wrote about/mentioned a kid (Dalton Koponen (D - St. Thomas Aquinas, Fla. / Florida Xtreme)at two events, so either that kid went to two showcases in a row or someone wasn't paying to much attention to what he himself was writing.

Xanders only writes about kids he hears about from club coaches and evaluators. If you want your kid written about have your club coach (not your HS coach, because he only mixes with the clubs) contact him. If your club can't make it within 100 miles of Baltimore in the Summer or Fall or isn't from a brand name club that pays for him to attend their events you can forget about your kid being mentioned. Joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless how Ty Xanders found out about the Kuttin Kid. Kuttin still had to perform at a very high level for him to be mentioned in the article. I am sure Ty gets tips on kids all the time. He uses his experience as an evaluator of HS talent. He then chooses the kids who get written up. Its a great honor. Lets not get jealous over others success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless how Ty Xanders found out about the Kuttin Kid. Kuttin still had to perform at a very high level for him to be mentioned in the article. I am sure Ty gets tips on kids all the time. He uses his experience as an evaluator of HS talent. He then chooses the kids who get written up. Its a great honor. Lets not get jealous over others success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem that people have with this guy is the "rankings". To say a kid is # whatever in the country is absurd and the truth is that his rankings are only really within the context of the small pool of talent that he's heard about or improbably seen. But to present a kid as the "x"th best freshman, sophomore or junior h.s. player in the country is entirely misleading and an instant flashpoint for debate and criticism - which is probably his goal anyway - anything for publicity good or bad. Everybody should understand that there are hundreds if not thousands of great players across the continent that are flying way below this guy's radar because they have not had the exposure or promotion that others have had. This guy's list should maybe be renamed the best promoted list. His inacuracy is exposed every day with kids that announce commitments that flew way under his radar because nobody ever bothered to tell this guy about the kid - yet the colleges knew about the kid all along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get ready. Looked at Ty's 2017 list , 5/32 early verbals from LI. All big schools. Hopkins, UNC, Virgina , Maryland and Bucknell. Seems like a low amount for LI, whats going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic talking about a 14 year old kid here.

I personally know the young man and I find it hard to believe that there might be anyone out there that works harder than him. Is it that difficult for you to just tip your cap to him and say great job.

I wish nothing but the best for him as should everyone else.

Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Xanders only writes about kids he hears about from club coaches and evaluators. If you want your kid written about have your club coach (not your HS coach, because he only mixes with the clubs) contact him. If your club can't make it within 100 miles of Baltimore in the Summer or Fall or isn't from a brand name club that pays for him to attend their events you can forget about your kid being mentioned. Joke.

Absolutely not true! He wrote about several kids from LI last summer at Showtime and Jake Reed that were not connected to powerful clubs. He is excellent at what he does. Recognizing and describing the best lax players. And if you think that the coaches of the top D1 programs are not talking with and listening to Ty, get your head out of the sand!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely not true! He wrote about several kids from LI last summer at Showtime and Jake Reed that were not connected to powerful clubs. He is excellent at what he does. Recognizing and describing the best lax players. And if you think that the coaches of the top D1 programs are not talking with and listening to Ty, get your head out of the sand!!

You are so foolish! Or you are Ty's mom!
No d1 coaches put any validity into what he writes. It's media used to generate interest in a website. The only people that it means anything to is you and the kids. D1 coaches at the top schools I know personally, about 4 of them think it's a joke. What are his credentials to evaluate talent? He never even played , but onciously valid credentials mean nothing to you. Yes he's seen lots of games but so has my mother and she isn't qualified to evaluate talent either.
Fact, D1 coaches use their assistants, themselves and a close network of trusted former players and high school and club coaches to recommend and evaluate talent. It's too important. This is their job! That would be like believing that gm's read and listen to Rome's evaluations on players. Your head my friend is not in the sand... It's somewhere far more dangerous. Sorry to let you know his "opinions" and what really amounts to press releases on players mean NOTHING to any respected coaches out there. Just ask them if and when you visit with them! But you believe what you want, clueless. Oh yea and doctors take advise on patients from the stay at home moms that watch the medical channel right? And by the way, both my kids have been written up many times . But we've also seen him write up 2nd string b level players also. So there you go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens to the late bloomer? The kid who has a real good stick and has those tools to be successful but are just too small right now? Can I get some feedback on this please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am quite sure your mother would be a good judge of talent if she has watched as much lacrosse as TY or you or I. It really isn't that hard. You dont have to be an all american or have played at the highest level. You need to understand sport and athletic movements and spacing. And as for the good ole boy network, you don't think they look at these articles, you my friend are living in a fantasyland. (oh yeah, and they don't want to verbal 9th graders either but since there isn't any rule against it why not).

The only thing id say is, I am sure the boys mentioned are on someone's radar. And good for them.

No d1 coaches put any validity into what he writes. It's media used to generate interest in a website. The only people that it means anything to is you and the kids. D1 coaches at the top schools I know personally, about 4 of them think it's a joke. What are his credentials to evaluate talent? He never even played , but onciously valid credentials mean nothing to you. Yes he's seen lots of games but so has my mother and she isn't qualified to evaluate talent either.
Fact, D1 coaches use their assistants, themselves and a close network of trusted former players and high school and club coaches to recommend and evaluate talent. It's too important. This is their job! That would be like believing that gm's read and listen to Rome's evaluations on players. Your head my friend is not in the sand... It's somewhere far more dangerous. Sorry to let you know his "opinions" and what really amounts to press releases on players mean NOTHING to any respected coaches out there. Just ask them if and when you visit with them! But you believe what you want, clueless. Oh yea and doctors take advise on patients from the stay at home moms that watch the medical channel right? And by the way, both my kids have been written up many times . But we've also seen him write up 2nd string b level players also. So there you go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens to the late bloomer? The kid who has a real good stick and has those tools to be successful but are just too small right now? Can I get some feedback on this please?
They are just that a late bloomer. What are you looking to hear. He may never bloom. Really there is no right answer. My son is big for his age and hasnt even hit puberty. Is he going to be a giant, dont know. Look at your family. Is your wife tall or husband. Does the family have a few short people its possible thay might be short. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Late bloomers get the shaft. He is better then most of the kids but his size right now is hurting him. And by the way the doctors said he should be 5'8" to 5'10". But might not get there till he is 17 or 18. To your giant of a kid who hasn't reached puberty. That is bull.. There were many kids that towered over me in 8th grade and stopped. And big johnnie wasn't the great athlete in high school when other kids caught up. I was talking about the recruiting process. In regards to the kid who grows a little later and misses out on those top tier schools because they like that early bloomer. Oh by the way look at pannell. Late bloomer and now one of the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being small doesn't eliminate you from playing D1 Lax. May be harder but there are plenty of smaller success stories:

Jimmy Bitter 5'9, 165 52 points as a sophomore NC
Joey Sankey 5'5 150 56 points as a sophomore NC
Josh Dionne 5'7 185 50 points JR - Duke
Case Matheis 5'8 160 52 points Fr - Duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am quite sure your mother would be a good judge of talent if she has watched as much lacrosse as TY or you or I. It really isn't that hard. You dont have to be an all american or have played at the highest level. You need to understand sport and athletic movements and spacing. And as for the good ole boy network, you don't think they look at these articles, you my friend are living in a fantasyland. (oh yeah, and they don't want to verbal 9th graders either but since there isn't any rule against it why not).

The only thing id say is, I am sure the boys mentioned are on someone's radar. And good for them.

Do you find it at all ironic that the kids that top Ty's lists are all committed to the best schools with probably the best scholarships? There will always be a few that slip past the radar, but you have to admit, that the majority of the kids he writes up and rank excel in HS and beyond. And as for your criticism of his credentials, do you think he really does all of the evaluating? He gets much of input strait from the mouths of the college coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank u for that post. But when my kid is 5'3 5'4" say in tenth grade does he have a real opportunity to make it? Prob not when there will be an attackman at 5'10" and fully developed. He sees it already and works hard and is on one of the better teams at his age group but I wonder. Those early bloomers do have an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic talking about a 14 year old kid here.

I personally know the young man and I find it hard to believe that there might be anyone out there that works harder than him. Is it that difficult for you to just tip your cap to him and say great job.

I wish nothing but the best for him as should everyone else.

Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! You belittle what the kid has busted his butt on to accomplish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids have the next four years to be recruited. They aren't even in HS yet. If they work hard on the field, in the gym, at practice, and most importantly in the classroom (because if the grades aren't there your wasting your time) your son will get a good look.

Please read

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/s...ollege-then-starting-9th-grade.html?_r=0

Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard