BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where to put this but it would be interesting to see a listing of what the girl's clubs' affiliations are (where directers and coaches are from or significant amounts of players). I'll start (and feel free to correct me if you think or know that I'm wrong):

Liberty: Manhasset, North Shore

Express: Ward Melville, Kings Park

YJ: Northport, Farmingdale, Cold Spring Harbor, ESM, Mt. Sinai, Lindenhurst, Garden City, I'm sure I'm missing some

Top Guns: North Babylon, Northwestern

fl$: Stoneybrook, CWPost

Premier Lacrosse: Commack, HHH

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

Just like on the fields, I think we're talking about only a few psycho's posting most of the crazy messages...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014 Team did not play in the LI Lax Fest. The 2015 team played. Get your facts straight!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong as well but I am not aware of any HILLS on Premier Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you ever thought about why very few teams participate in the YJS tourney's????? Poorly run

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure where to put this but it would be interesting to see a listing of what the girl's clubs' affiliations are (where directers and coaches are from or significant amounts of players). I'll start (and feel free to correct me if you think or know that I'm wrong):

Liberty: Manhasset, North Shore

Express: Ward Melville, Kings Park

YJ: Northport, Farmingdale, Cold Spring Harbor, ESM, Mt. Sinai, Lindenhurst, Garden City, I'm sure I'm missing some

Top Guns: North Babylon, Northwestern

fl$: Stoneybrook, CWPost

Premier Lacrosse: Commack, HHH

I know top guns draws players from one end of the island to the other, north and south shore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.

Don't exactly know if what you predict here will happen, but it does appear the landscape is rapidly changing. As far as the stigma of yellowjacket parents....I now concede, many certainly are over the top. This over the top yellowjacket parent sentiment is something I heard whispers of when my daughter first started in girl's lacrosse. Never thought much about it early on for the first few years. Then you start playing the yellowjacket teams, and I will give the girls/club credit here, they are good. But... You notice the parent behavior on the sidelines and it's comical. Now yes many teams have parents like this, but yellowjackets undoubtedly has a very high percentage of the parents compared. Then comes the casual girl's lacrosse discussions you get into with people, and again there is a certain distain for all other clubs that is wide spread with so many of these parents and players too. Then lastly, with the one year anniversary of Back of the Cage, I've spent time on the threads for the last year. Here it is in black and white on display for all to see. Go on the yellow jacket thread or any other clubs thread and there will be yellowjacket parents bashing everybody and telling you how much better their club is than yours. Good for them, I guess. So, as I said, I now concede to the whispers. The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

First, with all anonymous posts how do you know who is really making the post.
Second, many of the YJ posts on other boards are in response to those club parents. All of these other clubs compare themselves to the best, YJ. YJ simply respond.
Finally, the factt that everyone is talking about YJ speaks for itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.
Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing . As is normal human behavior people seem to go after the so called people at the top. The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.Seems silly to say the parents take on your perceived yj attitude when they come from such varied backrounds. Just ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.

Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing

Keep guessing then, because your guess is wrong.

Look at post 4852 on this board, where the results of a big tournament were posted (originally by the moderator), and Liberty Black did very well (lost in the final), while YJ Blue did not make it to the quarterfinals. The person even went on to COMPLIMENT the YJs, saying this was only one tournament and the YJs win many tournaments.

This did not prevent a YJ parent to immediately attack, where he said that there must be an excuse why YJ Blue lost (there was no excuse, I was there), then he accuses the poster of distorting the facts (there was no distortion), and then he attacks a competing program (by making up stuff).

And you don't think this reflects badly on the YJs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing . As is normal human behavior people seem to go after the so called people at the top. The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.Seems silly to say the parents take on your perceived yj attitude when they come from such varied backrounds. Just ignorant.

These few parents are not killing YJ reputation. All the clubs have these same crazy parents

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... And you don't think this reflects badly on the YJs?
Several very important points about this entire topic. First, the Yellow Jackets are the "big dogs" in town and as a result, their teams always have a target on their backs. Therefore, should the team take their foot off the accelerator in game play for the sake of development, questions are asked about the status of the entire program. You have seen these comments here on BOTC. As a result, the response is to actually press harder.

Second, the Yellow Jackets attract some of the best players from Long Island and beyond. With that caliber of player comes a certain competitive level, seen as edgey by some, dirty by others. The top level players just play the game harder for want of a better word which is a second area where their teams are challenged.

Third, with competitive players come parents who are usually quite dedicated to helping their child compete at the top levels. Therefore, you will see on occasion, more competitive parents on the sidelines. Now, one team might be more extreme than the next, but you could see that with any Long Island elite team. The point is that seriously invested parents will tend to be more competitive and that will be seen in both the sideline personality and the image the team projects.

Finally, when you add up these three key parameters, you come to the tone and style set at the Director level. The Yellow Jackets do maintain an attitude that when you come to play them, particularly at a tournament with a championship format, bring your "A" game. Certainly, you know that their club teams will.

So, coming back to the question - does it reflect badly on the Yellow Jackets? Honestly, no. BOTC believes that some of the attitude comes from within and some comes from the background chatter that has existed long before BOTC came on the air. Much of this is the result of being the hunted dogs for a decade. If another franchise overtook the Jackets in the next two years, these headlines would all be yesterday's news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post thus far in regards to attitudes by and against yj parents and players,could not agree more cage sage.Now this thread should deal with Liberty, that being said where can i find some of the college comitments of the older liberty girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know top guns draws players from one end of the island to the other, north and south shore.

Maybe so, but that's not the point. Tthe bulk of the players for TG are, as I understand, centered on the south shore around the Babylons. Furthermore, kids from those areas are much less likely to go to other clubs because of the high school coach affiliations. It's pretty safe to assume that there isn't a single Manhasset, Northport, or Ward Melville kid on TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could be wrong as well but I am not aware of any HILLS on Premier Lacrosse.

i thought that there was a coach connection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I am sure there is more to it, like did YJ blue play in a higher bracket? Give all details please, not just what suits your team. We wont be having this discussion next year as I hear Liberty has lost a lot of players."
"This did not prevent a YJ parent to immediately attack, where he said that there must be an excuse why YJ Blue lost (there was no excuse, I was there), then he accuses the poster of distorting the facts (there was no distortion), and then he attacks a competing program (by making up stuff)."
You must be a little dramatic, first how do you know this was a yj parent, you don't you just assumed it to be. Second,he asks for more info and you feel this is distorting the facts.If you feel this post was an attack then I know why you probably feel the yj players are too agressive because you are very dramatic in your descriptions.And what exactly are you accusing him of making up? Try not to be so dramatic.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Best post thus far in regards to attitudes by and against yj parents and players,could not agree more cage sage.Now this thread should deal with Liberty, that being said where can i find some of the college comitments of the older liberty girls.
Agreed that we will focus this thread once again on Liberty activity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

libertylax.com, click "alumni", very strong list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the father of a 2015 black player . First both 91 lacrosse and L.I. beach bums asked liberty to attend those tournament with the understanding that they would play in a 2015 age group . It was done as a favor and the team went in with only 13 girls because on such short notice , not all the girls could attend. Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine . Both teams are top notch , and very good. Lastly I was at liberty tryout this year and they could easily have fielded 3 teams, the reason for 2 is that Liberty will not just field a team simply for the sake of fielding a team,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry sage black made semifinals and
lost a tough 1 goal game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did you play Yj blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 years ago lax for a cure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe so, but that's not the point. Tthe bulk of the players for TG are, as I understand, centered on the south shore around the Babylons. Furthermore, kids from those areas are much less likely to go to other clubs because of the high school coach affiliations. It's pretty safe to assume that there isn't a single Manhasset, Northport, or Ward Melville kid on TG.

Yeah, I don't think a kid on the Northport school team would get much playing time if she were a TopGun player. Conflict of intrests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine "
You obviously feel you are much better than the yj gold at your age in that you feel the need to knock them. Have you played them and if so what was the score.The list of your teams accomplishments is what exactly? If you actually believe you are on the same level as 2015 blue , you are clearly dillusional. Have you played tg or yj blue , yj gold in this age gruop in the last year , just curious and no I do not have a child in this age group but have played against all the above teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine "
You obviously feel you are much better than the yj gold at your age in that you feel the need to knock them. Have you played them and if so what was the score.The list of your teams accomplishments is what exactly? If you actually believe you are on the same level as 2015 blue , you are clearly dillusional. Have you played tg or yj blue , yj gold in this age gruop in the last year , just curious and no I do not have a child in this age group but have played against all the above teams.

you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument.

That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV.

Doesn't work like that I am afraid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument.

That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV.

Doesn't work like that I am afraid.

Any tryout results? nothing posted? id like yo know who is on my kids team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who did your daughter try out for , Liberty? they don't post names , you get an e-mail with color and number

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now we are talking about football, guy do you know which way is up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now we are talking about football, guy do you know which way is up?

your attempt to insult actually backfired, my YJ friend

it was an analogy, which is the comparison of two pairs which have the same relationship. Was it too confusing for you?

spend less time on the Liberty board and try University of Phoenix, they have a great English program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument."
Actually have played against each of those teams within the past year.
"That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV"
Terrible analogy , the original was just to say that I have seen them all play in person and it seemed to me yj blue was head and sholders above the rest.
"Doesn't work like that I am afraid." Don't be afraid it is only an opinion. One day one of these teams will beat yj blue and then that team will declare themselves the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for understanding, but the yj parents will find an excuse for the loss , bad refs , bad weather etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for understanding, but the yj parents will find an excuse for the loss , bad refs , bad weather etc...

Let's see when liberty meets YJ at T3 this Sunday what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty will not be playing the true YJ Blue 2015, in the fall the Yellow Jackets mix some of the players.

Not sure if it is a complete 2015 Liberty "A" team.

And let's all be grown ups about this and hope for an exciting game and good sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they always do. there best one is, we were missing our 5 players. they are pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty will not be playing the true YJ Blue 2015, in the fall the Yellow Jackets mix some of the players.

Not sure if it is a complete 2015 Liberty "A" team.

And let's all be grown ups about this and hope for an exciting game and good sportsmanship.

Usually the excuses come after the game, not going into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they always do. there best one is, we were missing our 5 players. they are pathetic

Where did you read "they were missing their 5 best players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you read "they were missing their 5 best players?

Post # 3768 on the Girls 2016 Fall category.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Post # 3768 on the Girls 2016 Fall category. "
Are you that pathetic that you have to make up stuff from past statements to try to make a point. It never refers to missing 5 players.Further the person is talking about a game they won so the making excuses thing is a pathetic attempt.If you feel the need to make up lies by refering to old posts at least get your facts straight or do what you usually do and make up lies that no ome can simply go back and check.Just a sad pathetic jealous parent who again feels the need to bad mouth some other team to make him feel better about his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
Are you that pathetic that you have to make up stuff from past statements to try to make a point. It never refers to missing 5 players.Further the person is talking about a game they won so the making excuses thing is a pathetic attempt.If you feel the need to make up lies by refering to old posts at least get your facts straight or do what you usually do and make up lies that no ome can simply go back and check.Just a sad pathetic jealous parent who again feels the need to bad mouth some other team to make him feel better about his own.

go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi

go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying
Why is that annoying to you? Because it is 100% accurate?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying "
At least this time you did not make up lies about prior posts and just stated your opinion ,so cudos to you ,this may have been your best post yet.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard