Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
4 Spots Left for the Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase - Limited Spots Available!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/05/21 09:57 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/05/21 08:56 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/05/21 08:51 PM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/05/21 08:28 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,352
Posts290,086
Members2,285
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 247 of 586 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 585 586
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Anonymous #51938 01/22/14 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where does the bus tour go?

I know my daughters friend plays for a club that is running a bus tour on the east coast...
Then change clubs.

Team Elevate is running a bus tour on the east coast for recruiting age girls. It's a great idea and can't believe that other clubs have not done this before. Great way for girls to see schools, meet coaches and players and a great bonding experience for the teams.

What if the tour doesn't include the school your daughter is interested in? Then who is it great for the person who organizes the trip? Doesn't sound great to me.

Worst case, you get to see some other schools and have something to compare to when you do visit your top schools. Best case, you fall in love with a school you never considered. Either way, you spend a few days with your teammates off the field - I don't see any downside and I'm not involved with either club.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #51944 01/22/14 02:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny cage such a homer he alters posts and does not even say that it's been edited, shows cages complete lack of honesty. Feel free to edit this post also I will keep them coming, just shows you know TG cannot stand on its own merit.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51955 01/22/14 04:51 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Too funny cage such a homer he alters posts and does not even say that it's been edited, shows cages complete lack of honesty. Feel free to edit this post also I will keep them coming, just shows you know TG cannot stand on its own merit.
No need to edit this edition of your drivel (SAT Word of the Day). Why are you completely absorbed with the activities around the Top Guns program?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51963 01/22/14 05:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Team Elevate trying something new. Seems TG is very helpful in recruiting process also.

Does anyone have real details about what Elevate is doing? What schools, how many days, is it open to non-Elevate players?

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #51965 01/22/14 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage-would you consider posting a "Wish I Knew This The First Time" so that parents and athletes could put helpful things for those of going through the process now? Thank you, Alot of stuff I read on here is helping me in high school.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #51966 01/22/14 06:02 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Cage-would you consider posting a "Wish I Knew This The First Time" so that parents and athletes could put helpful things for those of going through the process now? Thank you, Alot of stuff I read on here is helping me in high school.
Thank you for the kind words and interest. The College Forum here on BOTC is designed exactly for this purpose. On the Ribbon Bar, click "Forum List" and you will see the College Forum in the Lacrosse Library.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51975 01/22/14 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know my daughters friend plays for a club that is running a bus tour on the east coast...
Then change clubs.

Team Elevate is running a bus tour on the east coast for recruiting age girls. It's a great idea and can't believe that other clubs have not done this before. Great way for girls to see schools, meet coaches and players and a great bonding experience for the teams.

What if the tour doesn't include the school your daughter is interested in? Then who is it great for the person who organizes the trip? Doesn't sound great to me.

Worst case, you get to see some other schools and have something to compare to when you do visit your top schools. Best case, you fall in love with a school you never considered. Either way, you spend a few days with your teammates off the field - I don't see any downside and I'm not involved with either club.

Either club? I thought they were talking about Elevate doing this, who else is doing it? I have done exactly this with my daughter and a group of friends from several different teams and went on to play at prestigious colleges summer tournaments. Completely player and parent organized and it has worked out very well. No bus but like that idea too. Is this idea organized by elevate or by parents and players? We have also opted out of similar events because of lack of interest for college, tournament and or coaches present. The idea of the summer clubs we play for is to have the teams play in at least several tournament with a good cross section of exposure to a wide variety of recruiters, are these clubs failing us that we have to go out on our own to get the desired exposure?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51981 01/22/14 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then change clubs.

Either club? I thought they were talking about Elevate doing this, who else is doing it? I have done exactly this with my daughter and a group of friends from several different teams and went on to play at prestigious colleges summer tournaments. Completely player and parent organized and it has worked out very well. No bus but like that idea too. Is this idea organized by elevate or by parents and players? We have also opted out of similar events because of lack of interest for college, tournament and or coaches present. The idea of the summer clubs we play for is to have the teams play in at least several tournament with a good cross section of exposure to a wide variety of recruiters, are these clubs failing us that we have to go out on our own to get the desired exposure?

If you think your club is going to do everything for you, you're failing quite well on your own....

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #51982 01/22/14 09:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
No need to edit this edition of your drivel (SAT Word of the Day). Why are you completely absorbed with the activities around the Top Guns program?

Probably a TG has-been, or never-will be, who just can't let go, and is unhappy on YJ team 4 or 5, so he just hangs around here to criticize continuously. It's people like this hat make me happy they're not actually with TG.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51983 01/22/14 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Team Elevate trying something new. Seems TG is very helpful in recruiting process also.

Does anyone have real details about what Elevate is doing? What schools, how many days, is it open to non-Elevate players?

Why don't you email Elevate? Don't be afraid....

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #51984 01/22/14 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion is that clubs can't be everything for everyone. Most of them work very hard to improve the club which by default makes the kids better and more recruitable (if that's a word...lol).
Parental involvement and guidance can never be replaced and is critical in the formation of solid character and values. Not to mention the invaluable experiences that will be shared when parents take their kids to college showcases and clinics. By the way, it is the most effective way to see the campus, see the culture of the current teams players and get a great look from the coaches.
This formula has worked great for us and we have some great memories and an amazing college recruiting result to show for it. The clubs are a great tool to be utilized to improve your players skills and a great resource to get your foot in the "recruiting door" but the rest is up to you....as it should be.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51985 01/22/14 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My opinion is that clubs can't be everything for everyone. Most of them work very hard to improve the club which by default makes the kids better and more recruitable (if that's a word...lol).
Parental involvement and guidance can never be replaced and is critical in the formation of solid character and values. Not to mention the invaluable experiences that will be shared when parents take their kids to college showcases and clinics. By the way, it is the most effective way to see the campus, see the culture of the current teams players and get a great look from the coaches.
This formula has worked great for us and we have some great memories and an amazing college recruiting result to show for it. The clubs are a great tool to be utilized to improve your players skills and a great resource to get your foot in the "recruiting door" but the rest is up to you....as it should be.

That's an awesome, encouraging take on it. We're just starting the process, with our 2017 daughter, and so far it's already been great, and I agree with your take on it 100%!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51986 01/22/14 10:42 PM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T

I did not want to hijack the TG thread but I thought that if you wanted the details I would let you know them. This is a team organized event and not a parent event. We are visiting the following schools via a coach bus in this order Yale, UCONN, Boston College, Harvard, Brown, Bryant, Connecticut College and Fairfield.

Like Reply Quote
teamelevate #51991 01/23/14 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by teamelevate

I did not want to hijack the TG thread but I thought that if you wanted the details I would let you know them. This is a team organized event and not a parent event. We are visiting the following schools via a coach bus in this order Yale, UCONN, Boston College, Harvard, Brown, Bryant, Connecticut College and Fairfield.

I think it is a great idea.

Like Reply Quote
teamelevate #51996 01/23/14 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by teamelevate

Great idea! A nice variety of schools and a great starting point for the girls and their families. It's a fun and exciting time in their lives.... I think this will make it more fun for them. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Page 247 of 586 1 2 245 246 247 248 249 585 586
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard