BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would expect some revisions based on the fact that I see one team playing 2 games the same day, on in St James and another in Syosset 2 hours later

I will be waking up my 11 year old at 5:45 Saturday morning for his game but we'll probably get a group of families to invade a local diner afterwards and make the best of it. With 150 teams there is only so much room to fit that many games.
Right attitude - a team breakfast after the early morning game is the right answer!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone but YOU got the email last night. Perhaps you didnt write your email address properly or clearly. maybe a typo on Rockstar's part.
Before complaining, call The Hub, because you sound like 'abitch' right about now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My team is on the master list, which is how I found out about the Saturday game. I checked my bulk/junk folder and nothing is in there.

I know they have my email address because I have received several messages from them in the past few weeks (mostly about when the money was due). I also got a phone call last week confirming that I was in Session 2

Have any other coaches/directors on this forum received their schedule or roster form via email?

Originally Posted by CageSage
I'm a team director and have not yet received anything from Rockstar regarding the Session 2 schedule. That, coupled with the fact that they still haven't even published it on the Sports Hub website, leads me to believe that this schedule is not the final one.
BOTC was expressly told that we were on the distribution list for coaches - and received this schedule at 11:44pm last night (Monday night). BOTC was requested to post this information as soon as possible which has been done. We strongly urge you to both check that your team appears on the Team Master Index and that the e-mails from the Rockstar Lacrosse group have not been blocked by a spam filter or placed into your junk folder.

My first game is Saturday morning, so I sent my team what I found on this site.
Again, we have been told that this was the schedule to be followed.

What is the likelihood that the schedule will change, and how much notice will we have?
The schedule for this weekend is set. As for notice time on additional changes, you will need to consult with Rockstar at the Sports Hub this weekend. When BOTC receives e-mail notification of changes, we typically get the data posted within hours.

Since Back of the Cage seems to have some privileges that the rest of us don't, can you please find out for us?
This information is the official data as of this morning. Please note that your team will also need to fill out a team roster form which should have come in your e-mail.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My team is on the master list, which is how I found out about the Saturday game. I checked my bulk/junk folder and nothing is in there.

I know they have my email address because I have received several messages from them in the past few weeks (mostly about when the money was due). I also got a phone call last week confirming that I was in Session 2

Have any other coaches/directors on this forum received their schedule or roster form via email?
Friend, just call the Sports Hub or write to Rockstar at info@lirockstarlax.com. Your address might have been missed for some reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Team Index

[Linked Image]

On the girls 7/8 - who are team Fire and Ice - what club or town?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay classy

I just called and they said coaches have been calling all day because they never got their schedules

It is also up on the Sports Hub website (finally)

Everyone but YOU got the email last night. Perhaps you didnt write your email address properly or clearly. maybe a typo on Rockstar's part.
Before complaining, call The Hub, because you sound like 'abitch' right about now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I received it at 11:45PM last night.

I'm a team director and have not yet received anything from Rockstar regarding the Session 2 schedule. That, coupled with the fact that they still haven't even published it on the Sports Hub website, leads me to believe that this schedule is not the final one.
BOTC was expressly told that we were on the distribution list for coaches - and received this schedule at 11:44pm last night (Monday night). BOTC was requested to post this information as soon as possible which has been done. We strongly urge you to both check that your team appears on the Team Master Index and that the e-mails from the Rockstar Lacrosse group have not been blocked by a spam filter or placed into your junk folder.

My first game is Saturday morning, so I sent my team what I found on this site.
Again, we have been told that this was the schedule to be followed.

What is the likelihood that the schedule will change, and how much notice will we have?
The schedule for this weekend is set. As for notice time on additional changes, you will need to consult with Rockstar at the Sports Hub this weekend. When BOTC receives e-mail notification of changes, we typically get the data posted within hours.

Since Back of the Cage seems to have some privileges that the rest of us don't, can you please find out for us?
This information is the official data as of this morning. Please note that your team will also need to fill out a team roster form which should have come in your e-mail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the complaining begin!!!!!! LMAO
Good luck planning...

I wouldnt just yet, the revisions are coming!!!
Let me offer my personal thoughts on this idea of revisions.

There are more than 150 teams in this session's league and when you sign up, you agree to play the six games. Unless you were scheduled for a specific "black-out" time that your submitted with your application, each team should meet its commitment.

Dozens of posts have discussed the fact that Session II's schedule had not been published. Well, all of the planning has been done allowing two months to rejuggle individual plans as needed - or just miss a game.

Yes! I hope no more our team can't play because.....show up and play and if you don't you forfeit. The team that showed at least gets an hour practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's give them credit. Lotsa complaints (deservedly so) for the last go round. They got the full schedule out and now you and your coaches can adjust accordingly. Since the standings has been debated for and against let's not restart that. Just comment on the level play that you observe each week (hopefully all positive). And see who is going to be the most ready for the outdoor season, which starts as this ends. Yup already looking for winter to end.

Good Luck All!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard some of the Varsity teams are dropping due to schedule and Rockstar allowing 9th grade teams to play in the Varsity division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your format says that elite travel teams will play UP one year! What happened to that??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both igloo teams are playing up a grade? They are the only elite teams I see in 4th or 5th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both igloo teams are playing up a grade? They are the only elite teams I see in 4th or 5th grade.

My sons 6th grade team has 5th grade Igloo on it's schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11th and 12th grade varsity teams are wasting their time playing 9th graders signed up in the varsity bracket. However, it is beneficial for the 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls have a GC team playing down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In girls league, there are two 8 th grade travel teams (2018) playing in the 7th and 8 th grade division. That's not playing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 5th grade igloo team is unstoppable. Best team I have seen at this age in all my years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In girls league, there are two 8 th grade travel teams (2018) playing in the 7th and 8 th grade division. That's not playing up.

True, they should be in JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does it benefit the 9th grade team. At some point the size speed and strength can be dangerous. Please let me know what that 9th grade goalies mom thinks. Let her know that 17 18 year old players will be firing the ball from 10 yards at her son. Until someone gets seriously hurt which is only a matter of time it will continue. It may be that they called in late and Rockstar is not turning away a check so they put them where they could wether it was dangerous or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will tell you what happended. Rockstar will never turn away a check so they will do what ever and say what ever to get you to join and then hope for the best that no one gets hurt. And if someone does get hurt oops you signed the waiver or your coach said you were good enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who really cares where the teams play? First of all, town teams spend WAY more time playing and practicing together and have played together for a long time and are more of a "Team" than most travel teams. And, even if (and it is not always true) the travel team girls have better skilled players, the fact that they do not play together a lot really evens that out. Also, on the travel teams, many girls do not play winter with their travel team and play with their town teams so the travel teams are somewhat pieced together. And, I will add, since tryouts were in September, some girls on the travel teams are seeing each other for the first time as teammates as they are really getting to know each other now before spring practices and summer. So are travel teams really better "teams" this early in the season when they are missing girls and many kids are meeting each other for the first time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who really cares where the teams play? First of all, town teams spend WAY more time playing and practicing together and have played together for a long time and are more of a "Team" than most travel teams. And, even if (and it is not always true) the travel team girls have better skilled players, the fact that they do not play together a lot really evens that out. Also, on the travel teams, many girls do not play winter with their travel team and play with their town teams so the travel teams are somewhat pieced together. And, I will add, since tryouts were in September, some girls on the travel teams are seeing each other for the first time as teammates as they are really getting to know each other now before spring practices and summer. So are travel teams really better "teams" this early in the season when they are missing girls and many kids are meeting each other for the first time?

That's a nice try, and decent argument, but with the exception of a few towns, YES, they usually are "better"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 5th grade igloo team is unstoppable. Best team I have seen at this age in all my years.

Yes they are by far the best but they do have a few 6th graders. (Don't argue they don't) If 91, Icon or some of the other top teams also had 3 to 5 6th graders they would be just as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible argument! Anyway, I was just commenting because they did not hold true to the stated format of TRAVEL TEAMS will play UP one grade level! Most TOWN teams have not played together since last May or June! Whereas, the TRAVEL teams hold winter practices. Town teams were looking to play town teams, that's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get all the rosters out with birth dates (and original birth certificates) of all kids in "5Th grade" you would be amazed at how many should be in 6th grade I am sure every "5th grade" team travel or town has 1 or 2 that could be in 6th grade ......That is why we should transition to the U brackets (u-9, U-11, etc.) So until then all will have some kids who "Could" be in 5th grade but the parents did not hold back .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Post Removed>>

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Advertising Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that a player in 5th grade who was held back and could be in 6th is often also US lax eligible for the team his currently on. US lax cutoff is in either August or Sept , the schools are Dec 1
Lets get all the rosters out with birth dates (and original birth certificates) of all kids in "5Th grade" you would be amazed at how many should be in 6th grade I am sure every "5th grade" team travel or town has 1 or 2 that could be in 6th grade ......That is why we should transition to the U brackets (u-9, U-11, etc.) So until then all will have some kids who "Could" be in 5th grade but the parents did not hold back .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that a player in 5th grade who was held back and could be in 6th is often also US lax eligible for the team his currently on. US lax cutoff is in either August or Sept , the schools are Dec 1

You do realize if a boy was held back already before 5th grade , maybe he doesn't need to be in a winter lacrosse league ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible argument! Anyway, I was just commenting because they did not hold true to the stated format of TRAVEL TEAMS will play UP one grade level! Most TOWN teams have not played together since last May or June! Whereas, the TRAVEL teams hold winter practices. Town teams were looking to play town teams, that's all.

That's right. And, town teams often have less skilled, even beginner type players sometimes. Some them haven't practiced together at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of them "need" to be in a winter lax league. Point is my son likes lax. He was a late NOV baby and for the sake of less then 24 hours I was not going to have him be the youngest in his grade. That being said, according to US lax rules he was the appropriate age at their Aug cut off date. I have also been told by numerous people including Guidance Counselors that boys born in Oct Nov tend to make up the majority of their problems. I am sorry that you think I should have put my son in school so that your son could have more success in winter lax, but I really need to put him in the best position to achieve for the rest of his life.

You do realize if a boy was held back already before 5th grade , maybe he doesn't need to be in a winter lacrosse league ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cheated in the realm of academics to move your kid ahead. Yes I feel you should have had him in the current year. As the counselors stated their are those at the bottom and those at the top of each grade. You changed his stars to be at the top when he should have been at the bottom. You manipulated the natural order of things. Hence Cheated.

Whether we are talking 5th grade lax or when they are ready for college your child will be in a better spot than anothers because you intervened you cheated.

Just because you can, just because you wont go to jail, just because you did - doesn't mean you didn't cheat.

None of them "need" to be in a winter lax league. Point is my son likes lax. He was a late NOV baby and for the sake of less then 24 hours I was not going to have him be the youngest in his grade. That being said, according to US lax rules he was the appropriate age at their Aug cut off date. I have also been told by numerous people including Guidance Counselors that boys born in Oct Nov tend to make up the majority of their problems. I am sorry that you think I should have put my son in school so that your son could have more success in winter lax, but I really need to put him in the best position to achieve for the rest of his life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time at Sports Hb last night and thought it was great! Much better than Mt Siani. Only issue I find is club teams playing town teams, as a previous poster suggested club should play up. Clean place, refs were good, should have a "no standing" sign between bleachers as onlooker block the view from the bleachers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me guess you wouldn't do that for your child?
you are f-en crazy if you wouldn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cheated in the realm of academics to move your kid ahead. Yes I feel you should have had him in the current year. As the counselors stated their are those at the bottom and those at the top of each grade. You changed his stars to be at the top when he should have been at the bottom. You manipulated the natural order of things. Hence Cheated.

Whether we are talking 5th grade lax or when they are ready for college your child will be in a better spot than anothers because you intervened you cheated.

Just because you can, just because you wont go to jail, just because you did - doesn't mean you didn't cheat.

You sound crazy. seriously crazy. We held our 10 yr old son out of starting a 2 yr old program until he was 3 and kept him on that track because he was the very end of the Nov. month- just days from the cut off. He does play lax and guess what- despite the fact that he is older, a few days then some and a few months by others, he is still a struggling learner and a less than avg athlete. The numbers of kids that actually rise to the top of their grade because they were held back is small. WHY? Because parents usually hold their kid back or start them later in school from the get go is because there is something keeping them from being with their peers, not because the majority of these parents want D1 scholarships. Ridiculousness... so if a few kids needed some extra time to learn how to talk, walk, get through a day without a nap- they should be pushed ahead so your avg to above avg son does not have to compete against them? Enjoy your kid with no issues- because obviously you have never been a parent of a child that needs some extra time to get by, fit in and be accepted by ones peers. The gift of a year gives these kids time to be a part of their "new" grade and not left behind and left completely out. You call those parents cheaters, I call them caring, smart, interested parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Kid is a mid November baby and instead of holding her back we put her in so her mom could get back to work full time . She is a Principal list student and a A team lax player. Every kid is different and it all depends on the situation. I know boys lacrosse is a contact sport but if your kid is good then they will be playing on Varsity as a 9th grader and play against kids 3 years older. In college with all of the redshirts some will be 4 years older or more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating is doing something that violates the rules . I did no such thing. WHat I did was allowed. Like I said, as per US lax rules he would be on the same team. He didn't even pick up a lax stick till third grade, wasn't ilk fit was part of the plan. Just did what his teachers said would be best for him. Cheating would have been putting him in a year before where he would struggle because he was not born 10 hours later , we would have cheated him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound crazy. seriously crazy. We held our 10 yr old son out of starting a 2 yr old program until he was 3 and kept him on that track because he was the very end of the Nov. month- just days from the cut off. He does play lax and guess what- despite the fact that he is older, a few days then some and a few months by others, he is still a struggling learner and a less than avg athlete. The numbers of kids that actually rise to the top of their grade because they were held back is small. WHY? Because parents usually hold their kid back or start them later in school from the get go is because there is something keeping them from being with their peers, not because the majority of these parents want D1 scholarships. Ridiculousness... so if a few kids needed some extra time to learn how to talk, walk, get through a day without a nap- they should be pushed ahead so your avg to above avg son does not have to compete against them? Enjoy your kid with no issues- because obviously you have never been a parent of a child that needs some extra time to get by, fit in and be accepted by ones peers. The gift of a year gives these kids time to be a part of their "new" grade and not left behind and left completely out. You call those parents cheaters, I call them caring, smart, interested parents.

I am not sure the total number of hold backs in my child's class grade but the top 15 students are 90% hold backs. So yes those students are taking academic opportunities away from others.

You said "the gift of a year..." You are Correct, a gift, something not earned!

But I guess your also fine with eating the grapes at shop rite before you pay for them, before they get weighed, before knowing the real value. It's just a few cents what difference does it make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rockstar sent out a revised schedule last night. They should change their name to Wedding Singer the way they run things.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am not sure the total number of hold backs in my child's class grade but the top 15 students are 90% hold backs. So yes those students are taking academic opportunities away from others.
Name the school district. BOTC absolutely guarantees that there is not a district on Long Island where the Top 15 Academic students will see 90% holdbacks. Holdbacks for Academic or Athletic reasons never thrive in the classroom. As we have said before, top academic students who excel at their studies will often "play up" with younger students taking more advanced classes, not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard