BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
City Lax Gala 2014 at Yale Club in NYC - Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: City Lax Gala 2014 at Yale Club in NYC - Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is the invitation letter from the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation President on behalf of the City Lax Program and Gala.

Dear Friend,

I’d like to invite you to the 8th annual CityLax Gala, a benefit to be held on Thursday March 6, 2014 at the Yale Club in New [lacrosse] City.

Along with spreading the game of lacrosse throughout NYC, their goal is to use the sport and its network of players, coaches, and alumni to help motivated young men and women student athletes achieve success in high school, college and their professional careers. It is well known that participation in team sports is a teaching mechanism that helps students understand the value of taking charge of their education, living a healthier lifestyle and developing life skills for successful college and career advancement.

Before CityLax started in 2004, there were only six public high school lacrosse programs throughout three of the New [lacrosse] City boroughs. Since then, CityLax has helped fund the start-up of 32 new girls’ and boys’ varsity teams throughout all five boroughs. This year, the organization will be initiating thirteen additional PSAL programs.

To learn more about the event and to purchase tickets, make a donation, or purchase an ad in the 2014 Gala program, go to citylaxgala2014.eventbrite.com or to find out more about CityLax, visit citylax.org, or check out the brief overview in this Back of THE CAGE thread. Of course, any help in spreading the word about the CityLax fundraiser would also be appreciated.

I really hope you will be able to attend. In addition, please consider making a contribution to CityLax to enable them to continue this important work. If you have any questions or would like some further information, please let me know.

---------

Please make checks and other donations out to CityLax, Inc.
and mail to 65 West 85th Street, New [lacrosse], NY 10024
All contributions and program ads are fully tax-deductible.

The non tax-deductible portion of each ticket purchase is to be determined.

CityLax is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
Federal Tax ID # 20-4531166
www.citylax.org

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Reminder : The City Lax Gala will be held on Thursday, March 6th - tickets are available for this event and for individual contributions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : The City Lax Gala will be held on Thursday, March 6th - tickets are available for this event and for individual contributions.

Not sure if most folks have been to the City lately. I'd like to shed a little light on the state of the city schools. Over the last many years there has been a building boom. Not all, but many, many schools have been completely rebuilt with beautiful buildings and facilities. Most of these schools also have beautiful turf fields as well. It is my understanding that much of this construction was funded through NYS capital improvement grants. Which is great, every kid should have a nice school to attend.
Interestingly, I have had the opportunity to also see some schools out here on LI. The buildings in many cases are 40 or 50 years old. Haven't been updated in years. The fields are terrible, with many "wealthy" districts still without turf fields. These same districts are also cutting teachers and staff left and right just to stay solvent. One very "wealthy" district in western Nassau was recently highlighted in Newsday as being at financial risk. Many other districts have gone to three lax teams from six just a few years ago. The state of our school systems and their lax programs are the worst they've been in 20 plus years. In addition, our property taxes are through the roof. $20, 30k, 40k per year for the those called wealthy.
Further, our income tax money is sent to Albany and redistributed away from LI by the continued cuts in State education aid. This is one of the very reasons our schools are in the condition they are.
With all that said, we are now being called on to support the growth of lax in the City?
Should we not be doing fund raising for our districts here on LI that are cutting school lax back to one team in MS. Many districts are now down to 12-15 boys per grade left playing lax because of the cuts. One coach for one team for 7th and 8th grade. Just one man's opinion, but I think we need a whole lot of fund raising right here on LI. Charity starts at home folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not sure if most folks have been to the City lately. I'd like to shed a little light on the state of the city schools. Over the last many years there has been a building boom. Not all, but many, many schools have been completely rebuilt with beautiful buildings and facilities. Most of these schools also have beautiful turf fields as well. It is my understanding that much of this construction was funded through NYS capital improvement grants. Which is great, every kid should have a nice school to attend.
Interestingly, I have had the opportunity to also see some schools out here on LI. The buildings in many cases are 40 or 50 years old. Haven't been updated in years. The fields are terrible, with many "wealthy" districts still without turf fields. These same districts are also cutting teachers and staff left and right just to stay solvent. One very "wealthy" district in western Nassau was recently highlighted in Newsday as being at financial risk. Many other districts have gone to three lax teams from six just a few years ago. The state of our school systems and their lax programs are the worst they've been in 20 plus years. In addition, our property taxes are through the roof. $20, 30k, 40k per year for the those called wealthy.
Further, our income tax money is sent to Albany and redistributed away from LI by the continued cuts in State education aid. This is one of the very reasons our schools are in the condition they are.
With all that said, we are now being called on to support the growth of lax in the City?
Should we not be doing fund raising for our districts here on LI that are cutting school lax back to one team in MS. Many districts are now down to 12-15 boys per grade left playing lax because of the cuts. One coach for one team for 7th and 8th grade. Just one man's opinion, but I think we need a whole lot of fund raising right here on LI. Charity starts at home folks.

What is wrong with you? You are talking about turf fields and building conditions. None of that is true. This is to support inner city kids who can't afford equipment, camps or clinics that you probably don't even think about for your kid. Also this is about giving kids the opportunity to learn about a great sport which you take for granted because you live on long island. How many sticks have you bought your kids over the years? Helmets? Gloves, arm pads, shoulder pads? Are poor kids not allowed to play lacrosse bc they can't afford those things?

You are seriously disturbed. We should start a fundraiser for you to get some therapy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Post.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you? You are talking about turf fields and building conditions. None of that is true. This is to support inner city kids who can't afford equipment, camps or clinics that you probably don't even think about for your kid. Also this is about giving kids the opportunity to learn about a great sport which you take for granted because you live on long island. How many sticks have you bought your kids over the years? Helmets? Gloves, arm pads, shoulder pads? Are poor kids not allowed to play lacrosse bc they can't afford those things?

You are seriously disturbed. We should start a fundraiser for you to get some therapy

None of it true? I only wish it wasn't. It is 100% true. Where in the post did I say kids shouldn't play lacrosse, those are your words not mine. Further, ask yourself this question? How are the same kids in these schools able to play football? The schools they attend provide all of the equipment. Also, if you went on the organizations website you would learn that their mission is to help fund the addition of lax to SCHOOLS in the City. You will also see those very kids they've helped playing on turf fields. You really should do your homework before you spew your mindless vitriol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your response to the previous post reminds me of the liberal response to any differing opinion they have.
His post is dead on accurate as I live in one of those "wealthy" districts on L.I.. Our school buildings are falling down, our grass field is a disgrace and we are losing educational and athletic programs every year...all this with $18,000/year taxes. WE need the state to EQUALLY fund our schools. The inner city lax fundraising is a great thing to give those in need an opportunity otherwise out of reach but the funding should NOT go to the schools.
Now......try not to be so nasty and immature if your opinion differs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funds aren't going to build fields or replace windows. It's funding lacrosse teams. If you

Your response to the previous post reminds me of the liberal response to any differing opinion they have.
His post is dead on accurate as I live in one of those "wealthy" districts on L.I.. Our school buildings are falling down, our grass field is a disgrace and we are losing educational and athletic programs every year...all this with $18,000/year taxes. WE need the state to EQUALLY fund our schools. The inner city lax fundraising is a great thing to give those in need an opportunity otherwise out of reach but the funding should NOT go to the schools.

The funds aren't going to the schools for fields or windows. It's to fund lacrosse teams. If you want turf and a paint job pass the hat in your town. Otherwise stfu.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funds aren't going to build fields or replace windows. It's funding lacrosse teams. If you

The funds aren't going to the schools for fields or windows. It's to fund lacrosse teams. If you want turf and a paint job pass the hat in your town. Otherwise stfu.

Stop running your mouth on here. We'll worry about our towns. You worry about yours... If your so benevolent, open your check book and stroke a check for $10 grand to this organization. I'll help out in my own town. Plenty of wealthy people in the City to help fund this cause. Just ask the new Mayor... He'll tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop running your mouth on here. We'll worry about our towns. You worry about yours... If your so benevolent, open your check book and stroke a check for $10 grand to this organization. I'll help out in my own town. Plenty of wealthy people in the City to help fund this cause. Just ask the new Mayor... He'll tell you.

This event raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for a great cause. I hope your charity car wash for the new turf is just as successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that someone can't share a different opinion without some loser saying STFU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that someone can't share a different opinion without some loser saying STFU.

It's also sad that someone has to make a negative comment on a charity flyer because their kid doesn't have a turf field. I get it if he doesn't want to donate but why the need to get on a soap box to rally against a charity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also sad that someone has to make a negative comment on a charity flyer because their kid doesn't have a turf field. I get it if he doesn't want to donate but why the need to get on a soap box to rally against a charity?

Before you tell someone to STFU maybe you should read their post first. It clearly said the charity is a great thing. It also said the funds should not go to the schools themselves as that would be unfair to every other district in NY state as they are subsidized enormously by the L.I. tax base. Simple argument. Now until you read the post.... possibly YOU should STFU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you are in need of therapy!!

It's not about a turf field....read the posts. It's about private money funding public programs. A school on L.I. Just had it's coach fired for helping fund the lax program in their town. The State and the school board claimed it was too controversial to have money he raised at lax tournaments fund the varsity team by purchasing uniforms and equipment. Exactly what is happening here. Why the double standard??

It's a question that needs answering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course you should! So why haven't you? You come on here trying to discourage people from helping a charity because you think you deserve money too, but you don't do anything about it. Set up a fundraiser create a flyer and get the word out there and let people help support your cause. I have seen a school district do fundraisers to fund their entire middle school sports program. The gala they threw was wonderful and a great success we don't live in the district but we participated because that is where our son plays youth lacrosse. Then when they had a lax clinic to raise funds we went and supported with our $50 because every penny counts. So there really are two choices sit around and complain that someone is getting when you aren't OR you could do something about your situation and start fundraising but don't hate on people for choosing to do the latter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course you should! So why haven't you? You come on here trying to discourage people from helping a charity because you think you deserve money too, but you don't do anything about it. Set up a fundraiser create a flyer and get the word out there and let people help support your cause. I have seen a school district do fundraisers to fund their entire middle school sports program. The gala they threw was wonderful and a great success we don't live in the district but we participated because that is where our son plays youth lacrosse. Then when they had a lax clinic to raise funds we went and supported with our $50 because every penny counts. So there really are two choices sit around and complain that someone is getting when you aren't OR you could do something about your situation and start fundraising but don't hate on people for choosing to do the latter.

I think that after di blasio gets school breakfast/lunch/after school snack/dinner, child care for date night and pre-k for every kid that lax is next on his list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe just once you will read an entire post BEFORE you type!!!! There have been many good points you have missed. Stop hating and maybe you will understand the facts of this issue. Did you make it this far.....keep reading....the poster made a point about private money funding public programs and how a coach was fired for doing this same thing. Can you comment on that like an adult?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it you are touring the city schools and noting the state of their facilities and fields? Are you really this concerned over how highly successful people from LI and the city decide to donate their time and money? From the looks of the attendee list and the money raised you should be reaching out to this group to see if they will help your town. Sounds like you need it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it you are touring the city schools and noting the state of their facilities and fields? Are you really this concerned over how highly successful people from LI and the city decide to donate their time and money? From the looks of the attendee list and the money raised you should be reaching out to this group to see if they will help your town. Sounds like you need it.

Why are you so unfocused and obnoxious with your personal attacks? Talk to the subject.

The poster made a point about private money funding public programs and how a coach was fired for doing this same thing. Can you comment on that or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you so unfocused and obnoxious with your personal attacks? Talk to the subject.

The poster made a point about private money funding public programs and how a coach was fired for doing this same thing. Can you comment on that or not?

Why don't we start with some details. Who was the coach that was fired for raising money? What school? When was this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't we start with some details. Who was the coach that was fired for raising money? What school? When was this?

Ok then. Civility. Good.

Coach Rotanz from Shoreham Wading River raised a lot of money for the district, the lax program and cancer research. He was fired last month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok then. Civility. Good.

Coach Rotanz from Shoreham Wading River raised a lot of money for the district, the lax program and cancer research. He was fired last month.

Good Lord. Rotanz was fired for no other reason than swr bod is a bunch of lunatics on a power trip. Their is an entire thread dedicated to this topic. To make the leap that his fundraising was the reason he was fired is a big one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may want to become informed before you make your self important comments.
The attack on the coach due to his financial contributions to the district has been going on for over a DECADE.
The nut job parent and BOE member needed more of a case so they apparently fabricated many other lies to give their case some teeth.
The community is organizing legal action against the district and certain individuals at this time and the actions of the lynch mob and their personal involvement will surely become public.
Further, it is a clear case of abuse of authority and corrupt coercion involving the superintendent and a BOE member that is at the forefront.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The attack on the coach due to his financial contributions to the district has been going on for over a DECADE.
The nut job parent and BOE member needed more of a case so they apparently fabricated many other lies to give their case some teeth.
The community is organizing legal action against the district and certain individuals at this time and the actions of the lynch mob and their personal involvement will surely become public.
Further, it is a clear case of abuse of authority and corrupt coercion involving the superintendent and a BOE member that is at the forefront.

Easy there big fella. Let's not turn this into the swr rotanz thread. The OP made a HUGE generalization that ANY coach who raises private funds to support public lax will be fired.. To use swr to support this ridiculous statement is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there big fella. Let's not turn this into the swr rotanz thread. The OP made a HUGE generalization that ANY coach who raises private funds to support public lax will be fired.. To use swr to support this ridiculous statement is a joke.

Your lack of reading comprehension and "argue at all cost" approach is the joke. The poster didn't make a huge generalization as you say. It was simply an example of......ahh never mind you wouldn't understand anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great event for a great cause. Fun for kids too. Lots of Lizard players, raffles, giveaways. If you have a reason to come to the city it is a first class event.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard