BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every kid from NY is better than every kid from down south. The LI Express FOGO played really really well. The other Express players blended in. I was surprised to see so many Express, but glad they were there.

Don't forget there were MD Crabs and the VA kids are really DC suburb Madlax/VLC etc...

My guess is that this was probably the 2nd strongest weekend.

Several standout players not from NY and not all older holdbacks either

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not every kid from NY is better than every kid from down south. The LI Express FOGO played really really well. The other Express players blended in. I was surprised to see so many Express, but glad they were there.

Don't forget there were MD Crabs and the VA kids are really DC suburb Madlax/VLC etc...

My guess is that this was probably the 2nd strongest weekend.

Several standout players not from NY and not all older holdbacks either

Please don't take it as I am saying there are not good players down south. There are a ton of great athletes down there but their choice of sport has not been lacrosse as it has been for generations on the North East. It's just the talent pool isn't as deep in the south. So if your a LI kid at the south regional you have let's say a 70% chance of going vs a weaker player so you look better. In the Mid Atlantic you have only a 20% chance of going against a weak player. It's that simple. You brought up the Express FOGO he didn't have to go against the Extremes face off guys and fl$ guy. Not a knock but how did he do against them when they played at Mitchell Field. I was there and saw the games. Please tell me what you saw.

I see that some were assigned to different regions and I can assume it's because the position was full as you can see on the 3D website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2018's went down to 3D Blue Chip this weekend to compete in the South region.

Would LI players like to compete against AL,FL,GA,LA,TN,MS for a spot on Jake Reed. Of course they would. Think about the lack of competition. Sorry its just facts. If you cant compare them sisde by side with Mid Atlantic region which will be stacked then very tough to compare apples to apples.

Please go to the 3d website before you make a comment like this. You would find out that you missed a few states for this camps "South region". like MD, Va, NC. This in fact is the toughest week. So if you are from LI your playing every stud and holdback from these three states. Now go to the website and look who LI will be competing against next week?

First things first I emphasized the weaker states for a reason. LI will be competing against PA, New [lacrosse], and LI, DE, and NJ. Would you compare these areas to the south. It's not football. The states I mentioned lacrosse is relatively a new sport. The states LI are competing against have long histories in the sport. It's just fact. And I did go to the 3D website. I find it interesting that so many LI players don't go down during their region tryout to avoid LI competition.
So the top LI Kids are going down to compete against Kids they have seen and beat regularly in local tournaments? And not compete against the "other" hot bed MD kids?

This isnt a team event. Its an individual event. Weaker players on some of the elite teams cant be hidden because they touch the field only when their team is up. Its facts. So why wouldnt you want to compete against the best from your region. The best players from the other regions will make their teams and then you play them. So you would face the best regardless but it easier to make the team in other regionss. If your a good player from LI but not the best you can shine vs some of the weaker players in other regions. Its a tough task for the evaluators. Wouldnt want to be in their shoes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, 600 kids across 5 regions only the top 120 make it to Jake Reed.

How many do you think will come from each region? Do you really think all the other regions are horrible? are 80-90% going to come from MId Atlantic

FOGO is the position where the hot beds excel significantly. To reach top level requires skill specific coaching which is hard to find outside the hot beds. At all other position I find it highly doubtful a single region out paces the others. This is an athletes game and there are athletes everywhere. LI does not have a monopoly on athleticism.

You also need to double check which states are in the region - It is not like there were a lot of Mississippi and Louisiana kids in the South - It was a lot of MD, VA, FL

I will concede Mid Atlantic is probably the top, my guess is Jake will be:
25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many do you think will come from each region? Do you really think all the other regions are horrible? are 80-90% going to come from MId Atlantic

FOGO is the position where the hot beds excel significantly. To reach top level requires skill specific coaching which is hard to find outside the hot beds. At all other position I find it highly doubtful a single region out paces the others. This is an athletes game and there are athletes everywhere. LI does not have a monopoly on athleticism.

You also need to double check which states are in the region - It is not like there were a lot of Mississippi and Louisiana kids in the South - It was a lot of MD, VA, FL

25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

the level of competition in some of the states that are in the South region is nowhere near as good as the mid-atlantic region.yes the number of kids that would be selected from Florida, Maryland and Virginia will be much greater. you just have the opportunity to play against weaker competition in the southern region so you may look better than you would playing in mid Atlantic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

Wow. That's a lot of effort to just make stuff up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

2018 parents. Just a warning of advice. My 2017 son went to 3D Mid-Atlantic and was one of the 120 kids that made and played in Jake Reed during the summer. 3D Blue Chip was a good experience as was Jake Reed. It was a good experience because (1) it was fund for my kid (2) it gave him and his parents a chance to generally see where he stacked up and (3) it gave him some experience in a "showcase" situation which is invaluable as they enter their freshman year's as playing in showcases is very different than playing on their club teams and getting used to them helps a kid be more prepared for the next one. At Jake Reed last summer, there were very few college coaches because of IMCLA's guidance to stay away until they are officially in H.S. What I have learned since. Jake Reed for rosining freshman does help some of the boys "get on the radar" of college coaches. But Jake Reed is becoming more diluted in the 9/10/11th grades as they take 240 kids (not like ONLY 120 in the rising freshman year) and coach perception is that Jake Reed is being diluted. It still matters to get a direct (rather than having to make it there through the 3D camps) as a 9/10/11th grade but Maverick is without a doubt the most important showcase in the summer (over Jake Reed) and Philly Individual Showcase has become the most important in the Fall for freshman, Additionally, Fall tournaments if you play on a high caliber club team are critical and prospect days have become more and more important. Punchline is that Jake Reed is not the be all and end all and in fact has become diluted in the eyes of the coaches so don't fret too much over it. This is coming from a parent whose kid has made it 2 years in a row (current 2017).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of effort, and I agree my #'s at the bottom are made up. But I am trying to understand from the LI parents how many of the Jake Reed 120 they think will come from LI? is the rest of the country throwing money away when they sign up for 3d? If that is the case it should be discussed here.

Are we to expect that for Jake Reed 20 each from 91,Express and Team LI? Leaving only 60 spots for every other boy to compete for?

25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

Wow. That's a lot of effort to just make stuff up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 parents. Just a warning of advice. My 2017 son went to 3D Mid-Atlantic and was one of the 120 kids that made and played in Jake Reed during the summer. 3D Blue Chip was a good experience as was Jake Reed. It was a good experience because (1) it was fund for my kid (2) it gave him and his parents a chance to generally see where he stacked up and (3) it gave him some experience in a "showcase" situation which is invaluable as they enter their freshman year's as playing in showcases is very different than playing on their club teams and getting used to them helps a kid be more prepared for the next one. At Jake Reed last summer, there were very few college coaches because of IMCLA's guidance to stay away until they are officially in H.S. What I have learned since. Jake Reed for rosining freshman does help some of the boys "get on the radar" of college coaches. But Jake Reed is becoming more diluted in the 9/10/11th grades as they take 240 kids (not like ONLY 120 in the rising freshman year) and coach perception is that Jake Reed is being diluted. It still matters to get a direct (rather than having to make it there through the 3D camps) as a 9/10/11th grade but Maverick is without a doubt the most important showcase in the summer (over Jake Reed) and Philly Individual Showcase has become the most important in the Fall for freshman, Additionally, Fall tournaments if you play on a high caliber club team are critical and prospect days have become more and more important. Punchline is that Jake Reed is not the be all and end all and in fact has become diluted in the eyes of the coaches so don't fret too much over it. This is coming from a parent whose kid has made it 2 years in a row (current 2017).

great post and I hope everybody reads this carefully, my son (2015) went to 3D as a rising 10th grader and made it to Jake Reed, both camps were good but at Jake Reed I felt only the top of the top schools were represented (IVY, ACC, ND, Hopkins ect.) and not a lot of other schools, I realize that the time line has changed dramatically since then but from what I have seen it looks like prospect days are the single most important thing followed by Individual camps and then tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great post and I hope everybody reads this carefully, my son (2015) went to 3D as a rising 10th grader and made it to Jake Reed, both camps were good but at Jake Reed I felt only the top of the top schools were represented (IVY, ACC, ND, Hopkins ect.) and not a lot of other schools, I realize that the time line has changed dramatically since then but from what I have seen it looks like prospect days are the single most important thing followed by Individual camps and then tournaments.

Confused. If you are at what is truly a top tier event, shouldn't be on the radar of the schools you mention? Were you expecting NEC, A-Sun and some D2's? I would think that if those are your targets you should attend showcases geared toward that group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confused. If you are at what is truly a top tier event, shouldn't be on the radar of the schools you mention? Were you expecting NEC, A-Sun and some D2's? I would think that if those are your targets you should attend showcases geared toward that group.

At Maverik you had every D1 school in the nation not JUST to ACC and IVY schools, some of the better academic schools are not the best fit for some kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
accroding to Jake Reed, it doesn't matter what region, it is soley base on individual performance.

How many 2018's went down to 3D Blue Chip this weekend to compete in the South region.

Would LI players like to compete against AL,FL,GA,LA,TN,MS for a spot on Jake Reed. Of course they would. Think about the lack of competition. Sorry its just facts. If you cant compare them sisde by side with Mid Atlantic region which will be stacked then very tough to compare apples to apples.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't speak for everyone, but my son went this last weekend because that was the date that was sent in the invite. Honestly, we would have gone to any of the dates (happy to get invited), but would have preferred the LI event because we know the level of competition...Going up against the MD boys (and some others that were 15 years old and outweighed mine by 40 pounds) was no picnic.

This isn't meant to address the reclass issue which has been played out a million times, but for all those that think the rest of the south can't play, you are wrong. For those that think we chose which dates we would attend because we wanted to go against weak competition, you are also wrong, at least in my case...

Note to the person commenting on express FOGO above, I watched that FOGO play at Mitchell field and all over at dozens of games over the years. I thought he won more than he lost, as he generally does against the top guys. We didn't play fl$ that day; we played extreme, team LI, 365 and Dukes and lost all those games.

If that kid is not the best (always going to be someone that is better, and faster and bigger), he is as good as any other and in my experience, has beaten all comp more than he has lost...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't speak for everyone, but my son went this last weekend because that was the date that was sent in the invite. Honestly, we would have gone to any of the dates (happy to get invited), but would have preferred the LI event because we know the level of competition...Going up against the MD boys (and some others that were 15 years old and outweighed mine by 40 pounds) was no picnic.

This isn't meant to address the reclass issue which has been played out a million times, but for all those that think the rest of the south can't play, you are wrong. For those that think we chose which dates we would attend because we wanted to go against weak competition, you are also wrong, at least in my case...

Note to the person commenting on express FOGO above, I watched that FOGO play at Mitchell field and all over at dozens of games over the years. I thought he won more than he lost, as he generally does against the top guys. We didn't play fl$ that day; we played extreme, team LI, 365 and Dukes and lost all those games.

If that kid is not the best (always going to be someone that is better, and faster and bigger), he is as good as any other and in my experience, has beaten all comp more than he has lost...

Nicely said.. we go down this week, looking forward to it, and yes, we did not choose this weekend, in fact, we had received invites for both the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. I just want my son to have some great opportunities and the chance to play and compete with the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you with kids in 8th grade, when did they start working out in the gym for strength training? Was it manual resistance/body weight only at first? When did they progress to using weights? Just curious as to when some of these elite kids started to work out. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you with kids in 8th grade, when did they start working out in the gym for strength training? Was it manual resistance/body weight only at first? When did they progress to using weights? Just curious as to when some of these elite kids started to work out. Thanks

14 years old - so not yet for us or 6th grade if you are from a Maryland Prep School

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a bit confused and am hoping someone can set me straight. 3d Blue Chip has told us that "the best 120 players per grade" will be invited to the Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp coming out of the 5 try-out camps being conducted this winter. I have read/heard that there will be some kids invited who get "direct bids" without the need to try out. Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a bit confused and am hoping someone can set me straight. 3d Blue Chip has told us that "the best 120 players per grade" will be invited to the Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Lacrosse Camp coming out of the 5 try-out camps being conducted this winter. I have read/heard that there will be some kids invited who get "direct bids" without the need to try out. Is this true?

2018's 120 kids all must go to 3D tryout to get an invitation to Jake Reed

2017,2016 and 2015 - 120 direct invites, 120 invites from 3D tryout - 240 total per grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks much for clearing that up for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get them training with the right people, do your homework. Speed and agility come from strength. Not cones and ladders. If the muscles are not strong enough to handle the load, the speed will not come, nor will the ability to cut. A balanced strength program is the only way to go. Can't start them off with the old school benching and squatting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U can start doing weight training as early as 9 yrs old. If it's done right with precision form it will help your kids tremendously. American board of pediatrics states it's a myth of weight training stunting growth. They say it helps strengthening bones and truly helps their minds too. It also helps prevent injury. My son is 12 and has been doing it for 3 yrs on and off and it has helped his acceleration and he is strong for his size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stack cards 52 or the Hershel Walker way is the best for those just entering into the teen years or pre teen (it is best to find a good trainer so you are not the bad guy. trust me, it helps the family dynamic also). Then by 15 you will know if a full out work out strength training regimen is best. but you need to know your child and what works best because it is not a cookie cutter thing to enter into.

like everything there are physical and emotional sides of it.

Get them training with the right people, do your homework. Speed and agility come from strength. Not cones and ladders. If the muscles are not strong enough to handle the load, the speed will not come, nor will the ability to cut. A balanced strength program is the only way to go. Can't start them off with the old school benching and squatting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to 3D - my son never received an invitation, we never pursued an invitation nor applied to 3D and we have no interest in going to 3D yet I just received an e-mail "last Chance" to register for 3D, this is the first time we have heard from them.

Anybody that missed out and is dying to spend 2 grand for 3 days in the Florida sun I would contact 3D and try and get in. They are obviously looking to fill the Super Bowl weekend.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Commercial References
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think including Superbowl weekend was a bad choice by 3d.

I will tell you however that in each grade your last game is either at 1pm, 2pm or 3pm and lasts for one hour. You do not need to miss the Seahawks/Broncos - this is the northeast region weekend so good thing the Pats didn't make it smile

Overall this was a great skills camp. The six hours of practice included a lot of reps and constant stops for add'l coaching. Friday turned into a long day leaving the field after 9pm. Position training at 3:30pm is listed as optional, my son got a lot out of it, I recommend attending.

I also recommend that during practices you park as close to the entrance as possible and back your car into the spot (makes leaving much easier - everyone leaves at the same time). Once games begin there are less people at the fields with big gaps between games so parking is easier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we leave tonight, any other tips, should the parent stay the entire time, how was the weather, etc.

I think including Superbowl weekend was a bad choice by 3d.

I will tell you however that in each grade your last game is either at 1pm, 2pm or 3pm and lasts for one hour. You do not need to miss the Seahawks/Broncos - this is the northeast region weekend so good thing the Pats didn't make it smile

Overall this was a great skills camp. The six hours of practice included a lot of reps and constant stops for add'l coaching. Friday turned into a long day leaving the field after 9pm. Position training at 3:30pm is listed as optional, my son got a lot out of it, I recommend attending.

I also recommend that during practices you park as close to the entrance as possible and back your car into the spot (makes leaving much easier - everyone leaves at the same time). Once games begin there are less people at the fields with big gaps between games so parking is easier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last weekend was definitely cold. Especially at night. Check the forecast and bring appropriate dress. Most boys wore sweats for Saturday night games. My son played until 9pm both Friday and Saturday night.

Expect a tired boy on Saturday morning after late practice Friday night. Some people skipped the recruiting seminar to allow their boy to sleep in. The parking at the hotel main building is inadequate.

It seemed that nearly all parents stayed. Bring a chair if you want one. Not a lot of stuff nearby, the main hotel is 15-20 minutes from the field.

I also recommend stopping at a gas station and bringing your own water since the water at the field is not very accessible (120 boys taking a break at the same time).

we leave tonight, any other tips, should the parent stay the entire time, how was the weather, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are my thoughts.

Weather was cold at times -- especially at night or when cloudy. Check the forecast and do not assume it is Florida and warm. Boys will be fine because they will be playing, but the cold warning is more about spectators. I packed poorly.

I would say most parents stayed for every session, but it is not necessary. I watched a lot because I coach and was interested in the 3D approach, which I liked a lot. You likely will want to watch the games.
The 3D system/approach is taught and sold throughout the camp. Individual or selfish play is not rewarded.
Map out a schedule for food for your son. The sessions/games fall during meal times, so you want to make sure your son is fed and hydrated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I thought was interesting was the offensive schemes were largely set up to create isolation plays (either from the top or at x)

This allowed both the ball carrier and defender to showcase their skill/athleticism. The better players after beating their initial man usually made the right choice whether to shoot or pass based on what they saw. The athletic but low lax IQ players usually beat the 1st defender, but then turned the ball over with a poorly thought out shot or ill timed passed.

This play calling setup a lot of opportunity for evaluation. The coaches I am sure wanted to win, but stuck to the prescribed game plan

Officials kept their flags in their pockets unless an egregious fouls occurred - this helped maximize playtime

Although I am sure it was unintentional, the teams were not all evenly matched. The officials helped out in this case too. In one particular game my boys’ team held the ball most of the game. During the last ten minutes it seemed that every time we caused a turnover a hold was called. Normally I would complain, but this allowed for more reps for our defenders and for the other team’s attack.

It was also very strange to see the parents so quiet on the sidelines, my first experience at an individual showcase and it was great to see the dads hold themselves in check and not ruining things for their sons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last weekend was definitely cold. Especially at night. Check the forecast and bring appropriate dress. Most boys wore sweats for Saturday night games. My son played until 9pm both Friday and Saturday night.

Expect a tired boy on Saturday morning after late practice Friday night. Some people skipped the recruiting seminar to allow their boy to sleep in. The parking at the hotel main building is inadequate.

It seemed that nearly all parents stayed. Bring a chair if you want one. Not a lot of stuff nearby, the main hotel is 15-20 minutes from the field.

I also recommend stopping at a gas station and bringing your own water since the water at the field is not very accessible (120 boys taking a break at the same time).

Love the advise....Thank you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get the invite? High School ball? Club play? Other showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the boys are back from 3D Blue Chip. What are people's opinions and how did the LI boys do in the Mid Atlantic Region tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get the invite? High School ball? Club play? Other showcase?

Yes, Yes and No - you need to have someone with a contact to recommend you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the boys are back from 3D Blue Chip. What are people's opinions and how did the LI boys do in the Mid Atlantic Region tryout.

Here is a review of how some of the locals played this weekend:

Ryan Schaeffer, A, Bellport (N.Y.) / LI Jesters / #209
Schaeffer was one of the more skilled attackmen over the last two camps, generating a ton of points for his squad. Could move well without the ball and carry while making excellent decisions, finishing many of his shots after separating turning the corner or from the outside. Did a nice job riding too.

Nick Filipelli, M, Chaminade (N.Y.) / fl$ / #158
Liked this two-way athlete, especially the way he surveyed the field from his spot up top, constantly looking for cutting teammates or using a split or rollback to get his hands free for a shot. Have to also give a shoutout to teammate and high school rival Keller Jacobs (St. Anthony's, N.Y.) for some nice plays throughout the two days of games.

Lucas Capobianco-Hogan, LSM/D, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.) / Tenacious Turtles / #137
While he'll need to work on his foot speed to match up with athletic attackmen, I like the upside on the Long Island D guy. His size is excellent, the tenacity he shows when staying all over hands is impressive and his off-ball work is steady. With some polish, he'll be recruit that is very much in demand a year or so from now.

Jensen Corabi, M, Half Hollow Hills West (N.Y.) / Team 91
A strong outside shooter, Corabi went to the rack hard all weekend, unleashing an accurate shot and showing great play between the lines. He's rather small height-wise and needs to bulk up but I was impressed with him nonetheless.

Jason Intermesoli, A, Sayville (N.Y.) / Team LI / #180
Given his ability to catch and finish virtually everything, I'm fully convinced that Intermesoli must have some sort of Canadian in him. Paired with Munro's feeds, the offense of the Spencer Ford-coached squad was outstanding. The kid showed flashes of dodging but has a really good stick around the crease, a quality that recruiters will eat up.

Sean Kuttin, M, St. James (N.Y.) / Team 91 / #166
I'd received a text from a source on Long Island about the prowess of Kuttin (who will attend Chaminade next year, I'm told) and those expectations were surpassed. A super-skilled dodger, Kuttin gave the opposition fits with some excellent plays and a fantastic lacrosse IQ for his age. Also possesses a great burst of speed, a wiggle in his step when beating his man and some nifty fakes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info. But Cuttin is the only 2018. Since this is 2018 thread how did the other boys do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other LI boys that impressed? Goalies or D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 3 other 91 extreme boys where mentioned as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the info. But Cuttin is the only 2018. Since this is 2018 thread how did the other boys do.

Read the write up from insidelacrosse magazine. Many LI boys got mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 3 other 91 extreme boys where mentioned as well.

There are two more from 91 Extreme a D man and a Mid that should have been mentioned. Should have been a total of 6 Extreme players. Also a fl$ Face Off/Mid, another fl$ Mid, and a Legacy goalie that all played really well from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read the write up from insidelacrosse magazine. Many LI boys got mentioned.

Kuttin is the only 2018. The rest are from other years. This is the 2018 thread to discuss the 2018 players. He played really well even though his team was pretty bad and lost every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The IL articla should be taken with a grain of salt.

The author is borderline apologetic in his writing at the beginning of the mid atlantic article. I wonder if he received feedback after posting the south article? "Please keep in mind that the observations below are mine alone, switching between three fields all weekend, and I have no influence over who gets invited."

I perceived a bias in his writing towards kids from well know clubs in his area (kids he already knew). I also noted a couple of boys who spent a somewhat recent season on 2017 squads. Not sure if they are reclassified or had historically played up.

Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard