BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 327 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He is not the main factor in this . The girls are very good . they could play for any coach and win. He is lucky, plain and simple . He hasn't scored a single goal. Even I could coach that team to an undefeated season . Give the girls the credit , not the coach.

why don't you coach the YJ 2015 Blue team if it is so easy? give the guy credit for being there all the time and keeping a great team highly motivated. Why are you so angry?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go ,,, more excuses. enough already YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sour grapes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see an excuse anywhere! wth are you refferring to? Does the team need an excuse for NOT losing? crazy talk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not the main factor in this . The girls are very good . they could play for any coach and win. He is lucky, plain and simple . He hasn't scored a single goal. Even I could coach that team to an undefeated season . Give the girls the credit , not the coach.

why don't you coach the YJ 2015 Blue team if it is so easy? give the guy credit for being there all the time and keeping a great team highly motivated. Why are you so angry?

In spite of, not because of...
I don't think the person quoted before is angry. Just pointing out that it's all about the girls. Not the coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are you his wife , If no coach was on the sideline that team would win. I could get a 5 year old to watch the clock and change midfield lines every 5 min. Does that make the 5 year old a great coach. And shame on you for saying those girls might not always be motivated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In spite of, not because of...
I don't think the person quoted before is angry. Just pointing out that it's all about the girls. Not the coach.
There are many talented teams out there. Saying that this has nothing to do with the coaching is rediculous. Of course it does. It is a combination of great talent,great coaching and a huge commitment from everyone involved (including the parents). All you need to do is go watch 1 of pete Mitchel's practices and you will know why they have been so successful. I have seen them at the group YJ practices and it looks like all the other teams are in slow motion. It is impressive

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
who are you his wife , If no coach was on the sideline that team would win. I could get a 5 year old to watch the clock and change midfield lines every 5 min. Does that make the 5 year old a great coach. And shame on you for saying those girls might not always be motivated.
Coaching is all about motivation with the players and orchestrating execution on the field. Both emerge from preparation which can come from training, scrimmages, game plans, or a host of other sources.

For the underdog, the coach can inspire performance beyond personal bests to achieve a team goal. For the favorite, the coach can instill additional intensity to avoid complacency.

A five year old will understand winning and losing, but will not understand anything about motivation, preparation, and execution. When one makes the "robot could do it" analogy about coaching, all of these points are missed.

So little about coaching happens on the sideline at game time, but unless you have done it, you do not realize it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record, 1 girl from Liberty, 1 from the Gold Team, 1 from Hills and 1 from the Express. There were 4 new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not about coaching the game! It is the preparation that has gone into that team!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
" I have seen them at the group YJ practices and it looks like all the other teams are in slow motion"
Either you do not have a girl on the yj or you are a moron, I am hoping it is the former(the first one in case you are actually the other one).Could you be more disrespectful of the other yj teams .That being said it seems many of the posters on this one are disgruntled yj parents in that if they are saying the level of talent is so great compared to other teams even a monkey could coach them to victory, that would be too much for other teams parents to admit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
" I have seen them at the group YJ practices and it looks like all the other teams are in slow motion"
Either you do not have a girl on the yj or you are a moron, I am hoping it is the former(the first one in case you are actually the other one).Could you be more disrespectful of the other yj teams .That being said it seems many of the posters on this one are disgruntled yj parents in that if they are saying the level of talent is so great compared to other teams even a monkey could coach them to victory, that would be too much for other teams parents to admit.

I was refferring to the pace of the practice, not the talent or ability of the girls. BTW I am not disgruntled at all. Just giving credit to a coach who runs a great practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was refferring to the pace of the practice, not the talent or ability of the girls. BTW I am not disgruntled at all. Just giving credit to a coach who runs a great practice.

Now the table is turned. He his the best coach out there and all the other yj coaches are inept and are running slow motion practices. I thought winning cures everything. Why is everyone hating on this guy? You should be happy the team is winning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now the table is turned. He his the best coach out there and all the other yj coaches are inept and are running slow motion practices. I thought winning cures everything. Why is everyone hating on this guy? You should be happy the team is winning!

There are 2 coaches no one is hating on the Comsewogue coach. He is very respected. The bottom line is that you can't please everyone. It is a great team with great coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally agree with a yj parent,all the other yj teams move in slow motion compared to the self proclaimed best team in the universe, it's as if the other yj teams are not even trying during practice.Most who have watched that team play realize the team depends on 5 or so superior girls and the rest are along for the ride playing a support role for the superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try t ofollow the thread. there are 2 coaches. One with qualifications and one without.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try t ofollow the thread. there are 2 coaches. One with qualifications and one without.

Correct. So the one without, where did he come from? Why is he there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally agree with a yj parent,all the other yj teams move in slow motion compared to the self proclaimed best team in the universe, it's as if the other yj teams are not even trying during practice.Most who have watched that team play realize the team depends on 5 or so superior girls and the rest are along for the ride playing a support role for the superstars.

Stop trying to stir up trouble. The whole team is awesome. Every player. This team depend on all it's players. When HALF the team could not show (not) just 5 girls, at the first tournament this team won because all the girls are excellent. They don't just depend on a few great players. They don't need to - they are just that deep. And they are truly nice girls. They enjoy playing with each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure Yj 2015 is good, but Yj parents are saying,, if we loose, its because of this. they haven't lost yet, but making excuses if they do lose. its funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IDK why he is there, his daughter got cut from last years YJ team that went to the u15 nationals in florida. they took some 2015 girls, but not his. i'm surprised he is still around, might not be for long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have done it , with at least 1 of the 2015 blue players . and I have seen them practice , alone and with all the other teams , and I do understand motivation on the sidelines. That being said , I stick by my statement, That team is so good he just manages the girls , undefeated in 3 years is motivation enough , and by the way my daughter plays for a rival team. So I want you to tell me Pete mitchell is not the luckiest man to coach a team with a straight face. And if he is as good as you say why does he not coach a high school team < getting the credentials isn't that difficult. But I'm sure you have some reason , or excuse why he doesn't Mrs. Mitchell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and rose has a nose for talent, but she does miss a few, but thats to be expected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IDK why he is there, his daughter got cut from last years YJ team that went to the u15 nationals in florida. they took some 2015 girls, but not his. i'm surprised he is still around, might not be for long.

Why are all of you so crazy and obsessed over your daughters lacrosse teams. For petes sake get some perspective. I have watched this thread for some time to get a laugh but it is getting downright creepy how involved you all are. I'm not making fun of y'all but I think these beefs seem more important to the parents then they are to the girls that are actually playing the sport. What a great example of out of control parents, the YJ teams are great you should be proud, but stop sucking all the fun out of youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure Yj 2015 is good, but Yj parents are saying,, if we loose, its because of this. they haven't lost yet, but making excuses if they do lose. its funny

Maybe other teams are saying this but the 2015 Blue team isn't. They don't need to make excuses. If they lose, then the other team was better that game. simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are You that much of a moron, the guy mentioned has plenty of credentials and does coach a high school team,try to have some clue ,especially when you mention a name!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have done it , with at least 1 of the 2015 blue players . and I have seen them practice , alone and with all the other teams , and I do understand motivation on the sidelines. That being said , I stick by my statement, That team is so good he just manages the girls , undefeated in 3 years is motivation enough , and by the way my daughter plays for a rival team. So I want you to tell me Pete mitchell is not the luckiest man to coach a team with a straight face. And if he is as good as you say why does he not coach a high school team < getting the credentials isn't that difficult. But I'm sure you have some reason , or excuse why he doesn't Mrs. Mitchell

What are you talking about? Pete Mitchel is one of the mostrespected boys HS coaches there is. he has won @ state titles and numerous league and county championships. Trust me he is that good! The girls are talented and work hard but he has a lot to do with the TEAMS success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He will stay around for a while even though this happened. He is "retired" and this is his his life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy! The girls is a good player (13/14 yo), lets not make it like it was a disgrace not to make that team. They only took a handful of the top 2015 girls. The 2015 girls weren't suppose to make it. The team was mostly 2014 kids. It is obvious that whatever both coaches are doing it is working. It is a great team and I am sure the girls are enjoying themselves. From what I read I am sure the coach isn't perfect, but sometimes you need to take the good with the bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really doubt any changes are coming. To say his daughter got "cut" isn't really true. The 2015 girls that went had birthdays before December and, under the old US Lacrosse rules, would not have been eligible to play in that tournament in 2012.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true for all, get your facts straight before you comment on something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry my bad i quoted the wrong coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's not true at all? You get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really doubt any changes are coming. To say his daughter got "cut" isn't really true. The 2015 girls that went had birthdays before December and, under the old US Lacrosse rules, would not have been eligible to play in that tournament in 2012.

Once again, not accurate, don't take away from girls who worked hard to get there. All were not too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He will stay around for a while even though this happened. He is "retired" and this is his his life.

"Retired" let's get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's not true at all? You get your facts straight.

It is not true that all the girls were too old to go to next years u15. In fact some had very late 97 birthdays. They were picked because they were good enough to play on the team. Not because they couldn't play next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Retired" let's get real.

someone can't be retired? The guy earned a lot of money and retired. God bless him. why is that so hard to believe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what Yj team got dumped by T3 yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. None

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. None

It was not T3 who beat them it was Steps Elite at the T3 Fall Faceoff.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 327 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard