BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 135 of 327 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone seen that there is a combined 2018-2019 team? What's that about?
It looks like the majority of people that were selected to the 5th team in both the 2018 and 2019 age groups opted not to pay the $625 + to be on a developmental team, which left each group short of kids to make up a full 5th team roster. You have a group of 25 kids from both age groups that don’t mind playing on the 5th team, so why not thrown them together on a 2018/2019 team. You’re talking about $15,625 in registration fees, plus what will be made off of the tourney fees. I don’t think CR or any other club owner is going to throw that away, they’d be foolish if they did.
It’s good to see that a lot of people realized that you’re wasting your money playing on a 4th and 5th level team. Teams at that level are usually overlooked by the coaches/directors and the kids suffer because they don’t get the proper coaching and attention that will help them develop their lacrosse skills. I’m curious as to how many times CR came to watch the 4th level teams play last year or address any issues that might have been brought up regarding them? These teams are just considered extra income for the organization. Keep your hard earned money in your own pocket and go on a family vacation instead.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen that there is a combined 2018-2019 team? What's that about?
It looks like the majority of people that were selected to the 5th team in both the 2018 and 2019 age groups opted not to pay the $625 + to be on a developmental team, which left each group short of kids to make up a full 5th team roster. You have a group of 25 kids from both age groups that don’t mind playing on the 5th team, so why not thrown them together on a 2018/2019 team. You’re talking about $15,625 in registration fees, plus what will be made off of the tourney fees. I don’t think CR or any other club owner is going to throw that away, they’d be foolish if they did.

So the 5th team level 2019 girls are going to play up in the 2018 bracket? I didn't understand that when SC All-Stars did a 2016/17 team a couple years ago either. Seems like they will be grossly over-matched.

Playing up a year in age they will not be grossly overmatched, stop being dramatic ,its the same age group they will be playing during middle school games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Illustrates the power of the YJ name. If these kids moved over to Team 91 or Beach Bums, they would be on the top team. Would rather be 5th YJ team.
Not me. I think the level of coaching and attention you receive on the top team at both of those clubs, is probably better than what you get on a 4th/5th level YJ team. Save your money or join one of those clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Illustrates the power of the YJ name. If these kids moved over to Team 91 or Beach Bums, they would be on the top team. Would rather be 5th YJ team.

I think you're very misguided...following the name & reputation, not what's best for your daughter's development and exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not me. I think the level of coaching and attention you receive on the top team at both of those clubs, is probably better than what you get on a 4th/5th level YJ team. Save your money or join one of those clubs.

Not sure if you would be saving any money by going the Team 91 route, looks like 1425 at this age, so it is on par give or take a few dollars either way with YJ.

I also wonder if a player who made 5th level YJ would make a top team at one of those other clubs. While lesser club, those kids aren't bad plays. So you may end up on the 2nd team at these clubs. Now there is a new debate 2nd team vs 5th YJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everything have to do with CR watching or helping people out. Some people play LAX to play at a little higher level and get some good coaching that they may not receive on the town team level. Are they going to be DIV 1 players, NO but that doesn't mean they can't have fun and play during the summer. If the parents have the $$ and don't care about spending it on a good healthy experience for their child that who cares what # team their on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if you would be saving any money by going the Team 91 route, looks like 1425 at this age, so it is on par give or take a few dollars either way with YJ.

I also wonder if a player who made 5th level YJ would make a top team at one of those other clubs. While lesser club, those kids aren't bad plays. So you may end up on the 2nd team at these clubs. Now there is a new debate 2nd team vs 5th YJ.
Good point, but I’d still take the 2nd team on the so called lesser club, just because the level of coaching and attention you’d receive is better than what you’ll get on a YJ 4th/5th level team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everything have to do with CR watching or helping people out. Some people play LAX to play at a little higher level and get some good coaching that they may not receive on the town team level. Are they going to be DIV 1 players, NO but that doesn't mean they can't have fun and play during the summer. If the parents have the $$ and don't care about spending it on a good healthy experience for their child that who cares what # team their on.
In most cases, you wont get good coaching or any coaching at all at the 4th/5th level and I also wouldn’t consider that a higher level of lacrosse. As far as the director watching those teams play, I’d think it would be nice if she showed some interest in these kids. That’s not much to ask for considering the amount of time and money these people spend. On the other hand, if they’re happy, than so be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly right, but so many of these people hate YJ or CR so much that it infuriates them that so many kids want to play.If your kid enjoys playing lacrosse then they should absolutely play no matter what level team.The fuuny thing is some of the lower level teams have excellent coaches , better than many of the top level coaches at rival organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly!!! Well said

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 are playing in 2019 age bracket. Not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team is listed on both 2018 and 2019...pretty sure they will play with the 18's..who the heck would want to hear all you people whining that the girls are too old? She probably put them on both listings so the girls could find their team...give it a rest already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly right, but so many of these people hate YJ or CR so much that it infuriates them that so many kids want to play.If your kid enjoys playing lacrosse then they should absolutely play no matter what level team.The fuuny thing is some of the lower level teams have excellent coaches , better than many of the top level coaches at rival organizations.
Not a CR or YJ hater. As a matter of fact, I have a great deal of respect for CR and what she has done with the YJ organization, but let me ask you this. How many parents from last years 4th level teams can honestly say that they were happy with the quality of coaching and attention their child received last year. Again, if you’re happy and the kids are happy, that’s all that matters, I just don’t think it’s worth the money or time to be on a developmental team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournaments do not allow teams to "Play Down." You must play in the division of your oldest player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny

Really? Have you ever seen the 5th YJ team play? Terrible. In fact even the drop off from the Blue team to the first gold is unbelievable in some age brackets. Blue will generally beat the first gold by 10. Blue will beat the last gold (team 5 or whatever you want to call it) by 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny

Really? Have you ever seen the 5th YJ team play? Terrible. In fact even the drop off from the Blue team to the first gold is unbelievable in some age brackets. Blue will generally beat the first gold by 10. Blue will beat the last gold (team 5 or whatever you want to call it) by 25.
I think this is the first year for a 5th team, so how can you say they are terrible, although I do believe the 4th teams were not so good last year. Hopefully within a year or two they will get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as my daughter gets her YJ wind breaker, I don’t care what team she’s on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a CR or YJ hater. As a matter of fact, I have a great deal of respect for CR and what she has done with the YJ organization, but let me ask you this. How many parents from last years 4th level teams can honestly say that they were happy with the quality of coaching and attention their child received last year. Again, if you’re happy and the kids are happy, that’s all that matters, I just don’t think it’s worth the money or time to be on a developmental team.

I do not know all the coaches but will tell you 4 out of the 5 coaches at the 2019 and 2020 levels are excellent coaches with good reputations and experience in girls lacrosse, the other coaches I am unfamiliar with and may very well be good coaches.The YJ biggest rivals have 1 coach who is their equal between the 2 age groups in terms of experience in girls lacrosse, excluding Daddy off season coaches. Again if your kid is enjoying themselves and they like the kids and coach then who cares, people should really calm down how other people spend discretionary income.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as my daughter gets her YJ wind breaker, I don’t care what team she’s on.

Years ago that windbreaker actually meant something. Now, means nothing. Anyone can be a YJ. Just pay the fee.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Years ago that windbreaker actually meant something. Now, means nothing. Anyone can be a YJ. Just pay the fee.

When you say the jacket used to mean something, does that mean it used to mean something to you as a parent and your ego? And now they have expanded to develop more girls your ego isn't fed by your kid wearing their jacket to their town league practices so you both can feel you are better than your neighbors?

I am all for developmental youth sports, in my opinion if you raise the quality for a broader number of athletes, the entire pool gets stronger and the sport improves across the board. By having more teams your deepen the pool of talent. Sorry if takes value away from your kids "jacket".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Long Shot

When you say the jacket used to mean something, does that mean it used to mean something to you as a parent and your ego? And now they have expanded to develop more girls your ego isn't fed by your kid wearing their jacket to their town league practices so you both can feel you are better than your neighbors?

I am all for developmental youth sports, in my opinion if you raise the quality for a broader number of athletes, the entire pool gets stronger and the sport improves across the board. By having more teams your deepen the pool of talent. Sorry if takes value away from your kids "jacket".

It's called intramurals! Travel sports of all types have been watered down to the point where it means very little unless your on the team that everybody knows - lax,aau and baseball have all turned into cash cows. the people with ego issues are the dillusional parents who never made travel teams as a kid and then jam there kids into all these teams with very ureal expectations, but the are playing travel!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It's called intramurals! Travel sports of all types have been watered down to the point where it means very little unless your on the team that everybody knows - lax,aau and baseball have all turned into cash cows. the people with ego issues are the dillusional parents who never made travel teams as a kid and then jam there kids into all these teams with very ureal expectations, but the are playing travel!

I guess that is your theory.

15 years ago the talent pool on Long Island was not near as deep as it is now. There is no denying that fact. So I guess all these kids playing travel "intramural" teams didn't/don't contribute to the depth of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. YJ has become a watered down cash cow. If you’re willing to pay and/or your father is friends with one of the directors/coaches, then you’re in. The wind breaker does not have the prestige that it used to, maybe they should only hand it out to the kids on the Blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do not tell me you are one of those "Include everyone" people.

It used to mean something - simply means it was a special club to belong to. It was a goal one sets for themselves, works incredibly hard, and achieves the goal. It teaches hard work, discipline, and rewards are given to to those who have distinguished themselves. It was truly a special club to belong to.

Now, join up, pay a fee and you are a YJ. It is no longer special.

Going by your philosophy, then everyone should be able to join the National Honor Society; everyone should have the lead in the school play, everyone should be on Varsity. It doesnt teach real world.

The YJ was something to try and achieve, not something you simply join. Thats what PAL lacrosse is for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not know all the coaches but will tell you 4 out of the 5 coaches at the 2019 and 2020 levels are excellent coaches with good reputations and experience in girls lacrosse, the other coaches I am unfamiliar with and may very well be good coaches.The YJ biggest rivals have 1 coach who is their equal between the 2 age groups in terms of experience in girls lacrosse, excluding Daddy off season coaches. Again if your kid is enjoying themselves and they like the kids and coach then who cares, people should really calm down how other people spend discretionary income.

Your joking, right? The YJ coaches for those age groups are a joke. The two blue coaches are actually laughable. TC and AC are not good coaches, and if you think that they are, you have very little lacrosse experience.

YJ draws great talent. Those coaches are given this talent. My grandmother could win with this talent.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The YJ was something to try and achieve, not something you simply join. Thats what PAL lacrosse is for.

I see your point, in the achievement part of making the team.

But if your kid is that good, you kid will get the jacket they deserve eventually (and you a sweatshirt) saying Northwestern, Duke, Maryland, Syracuse etc.

Even in the world of professional sports the guys on the winning super bowl team's practice squad get a super bowl ring.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I do not have a elitist attitude when it comes to youth athletics.

This is what I believe in when it comes to performance:

If you are good you don't have to tell someone you're good (or in this case wear a special jacket). They will know you're good already.

If you have to tell someone you're good, maybe your not that good.

Strive to get to the point where people know you're good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your joking, right? The YJ coaches for those age groups are a joke. The two blue coaches are actually laughable. TC and AC are not good coaches, and if you think that they are, you have very little lacrosse experience.

YJ draws great talent. Those coaches are given this talent. My grandmother could win with this talent.

Again feel free to compare resumes, lets use the 2 coaches you feel are so laughable, both have experience coaching girls lacrosse for many years coaching both varsity programs and college at the college level. Let us know which program your daughter plays for and we can compare.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Do not tell me you are one of those "Include everyone" people.

It used to mean something - simply means it was a special club to belong to. It was a goal one sets for themselves, works incredibly hard, and achieves the goal. It teaches hard work, discipline, and rewards are given to to those who have distinguished themselves. It was truly a special club to belong to.

Now, join up, pay a fee and you are a YJ. It is no longer special.

Going by your philosophy, then everyone should be able to join the National Honor Society; everyone should have the lead in the school play, everyone should be on Varsity. It doesnt teach real world.

Not even close... I believe that you must develop talent, and that talent (whether it be academic, athletic or even acting as you quote uses as an example) needs to be developed, and not everyone is naturally gifted. For example National Honor Society, is something that a student must work hard academically to achieve. But every student gets that opportunity to reach that, they are not told that cannot attend school in the younger grades because they aren't very smart and wont make National Honor Society, therefore we should only educate our smartest and brightest and let the rest fall to the wayside.

It takes time, hardwork, and access to quality coaching and quality competitive situations to get to the next level. Not every kid develops at the same time/pace. I don't feel every kid should be on varsity, but I think when they are young (10,11,12,13,14) they should have every opportunity to develop.

I base much of my philosophies on the book Outliers: The Story of Success It talks about how access to high level quality instruction (in this case coaching, but it can be dance instruction, computer programming instruction, etc.)relates to mastery and success. One example the book uses is a case study on elite hockey players and there are direct correlation between access,time and success.

http://www.amazon.com/Outliers-Story-Success-Malcolm-Gladwell/dp/0316017930

I wouldn't have a problem with some of the older teams having a more stringent selection process and making the teams "elite" (say from incoming Sophomores and up).

I hope that this clarifies my position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again feel free to compare resumes, lets use the 2 coaches you feel are so laughable, both have experience coaching girls lacrosse for many years coaching both varsity programs and college at the college level. Let us know which program your daughter plays for and we can compare.

First, being a head coach vs being an asst coach is a very different thing.
Second, you can have the talent, but if you mismanage them, you could end up losing the big game to say a B team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say "made" the 5th team. Don't fool yourself, there are girls on these bottom YJ teams that didn't even tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should be asking a Lindy parent their opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why does everything have to do with CR watching or helping people out. Some people play LAX to play at a little higher level and get some good coaching that they may not receive on the town team level. Are they going to be DIV 1 players, NO but that doesn't mean they can't have fun and play during the summer. If the parents have the $$ and don't care about spending it on a good healthy experience for their child that who cares what # team their on.

Second, you can have the talent, but if you mismanage them, you could end up losing the big game to say a B team...

And yet you will not mention what club your daughter plays for, yes they lost to their own B team in a 20 minute game right after beating the team that is considered the best in the age group, a team no other team in the age group has beaten. The B team you speak of is very good with an excellent coach which furthers my point. Just so you know they played again many times and the games were not very close .Again please name the club your daughter plays for or is it you realize your coach will not compare just like your kids team,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Why does everything have to do with CR watching or helping people out. Some people play LAX to play at a little higher level and get some good coaching that they may not receive on the town team level. Are they going to be DIV 1 players, NO but that doesn't mean they can't have fun and play during the summer. If the parents have the $$ and don't care about spending it on a good healthy experience for their child that who cares what # team their on.

And yet you will not mention what club your daughter plays for, yes they lost to their own B team in a 20 minute game right after beating the team that is considered the best in the age group, a team no other team in the age group has beaten. The B team you speak of is very good with an excellent coach which furthers my point. Just so you know they played again many times and the games were not very close .Again please name the club your daughter plays for or is it you realize your coach will not compare just like your kids team,

They played 2 more times. One was a blowout and the other was a 2 goal game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The B team is not a very good team, so why would you say that. The A team has played them three times. They beat them by 10 or more 2 of those times. The only time they lost to them, was at N Draw. It was not because of the kids, it was because of the coaching. Having them do sprints between games in 90+ heat; not letting them rest; on 2 occassions during the game, the A team did not have enough players on the field; picking that game to try girls in positions they have not previously played; all adds up to poor coaching. Nothing more than CR's chauffer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! You blue parent are a tool. Lets hope your not one of the twelve or so akissers who pay for private lessons to keep your kid on team. Let me tell you something when you walk down the sidelines do you hear us snickering why is SHE still hear. Don't be so arrogant because that other team has some real good kids on it still. Also I believe that jones may have let ac get a big win to save face after ND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey blue moron. Blue did beat 2nd team big at Babylon. At LI Elite it was by 3 goals not 10 you idiot. Just worry about your own kid and spell the name on the check for private lessons correctly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! You blue parent are a tool. Lets hope your not one of the twelve or so akissers who pay for private lessons to keep your kid on team. Let me tell you something when you walk down the sidelines do you hear us snickering why is SHE still hear. Don't be so arrogant because that other team has some real good kids on it still. Also I believe that jones may have let ac get a big win to save face after ND.

Actually you can be sure I did not hear you snickering like a coward because if I did , whether it be about my kid or anyone else's you would not have been acting like a [lacrosse] for long. If you really are a YJ parent you would realize that both Curcio and Jones are excellent coaches which tells me you are just some jackass from another club stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you can be sure I did not hear you snickering like a coward because if I did , whether it be about my kid or anyone else's you would not have been acting like a [lacrosse] for long. If you really are a YJ parent you would realize that both Curcio and Jones are excellent coaches which tells me you are just some jackass from another club stirring the pot.

Wow! Threatening a parent. Classy. Yup, that would be a YJ parent. Thugs.

Hey, to the "tool" parent that made that comment about AC and Jones' teams, just laugh at the remarks and say, yes I'm a tool, but at least my daughter is on blue. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Reference Removed>>. Everyone knows this is you causing trouble!

Last edited by CageSage; .
Like Reply Quote
Page 135 of 327 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard