Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 06:26 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 06:11 PM
Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:18 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:17 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,019
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 336 1 2 3 4 335 336
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
Anonymous #51405 01/14/14 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing. The Long Island parents will complain
about age differential but you'll still show up to play
at our tournaments. Please find another excuse.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #51479 01/15/14 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amazing. The Long Island parents will complain
about age differential but you'll still show up to play
at our tournaments. Please find another excuse.

We play anybody, playing up in age makes our kids better. It would however, be nice to choose to play up. Although, I guess we've all learned if you go to MD, your going to be playing up.
No excuses, we know the deal. What's your excuse for not be able to compete in age based tournaments that require birth certificates? Why do your teams duck those tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51493 01/15/14 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age issue doesn't bother anyone in Maryland (and most of the boys are in the appropriate age brackets)...see you at Crabfeast. And this does seem to work, 2 Crabs committed to Hopkins, more D1 commits on the way.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51510 01/15/14 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age issue doesn't bother anyone in Maryland (and most of the boys are in the appropriate age brackets)...see you at Crabfeast. And this does seem to work, 2 Crabs committed to Hopkins, more D1 commits on the way.

Sure they do.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51511 01/15/14 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did and let's be honest. One was a B level player in his own age group 2 years ago and had to reclass to be remotely competitive and the other could/should be a junior by now. Yes it's working great and you can have all the credit. Lots for this club to be proud of! Haha. I'm sure the majority of MD parents are happy to have you speak for them.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #51517 01/15/14 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is particularly classless to attack the kids. Are you trying to make an argument that Hopkins offers out to B level players? Give it a rest. Our son plays for a rival club and goes to the same school and is in the same local circles with many of the Crabs kids and we know the families. There are a few holdback kids on that team, yes. And that is in a minority. In our son's class are five Crabs kids who are 14. Why the personal attacks? You think Ryan McClernan runs lousy tournaments? Really? Clubs all across the country flock to his events, they are well run, they are well priced at about $1500 per team (without the Adrenaline $300 "player fee" on top of the $2000 team fee piling on), the Crabs owner keeps it tight and well run with best officials (no cattle calls with 60 teams in each age group stuffed in a venue). Oh, and HE hires a videographer and gives a free copy to the college coaches who attend his events and sells game tapes to the clubs at a very reasonable rate. One D1 coach we know was very complimentary of the game videos con gratis. Really, McClernan is nothing relative in this market to criticize.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51521 01/15/14 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounded to me like it was just a comment on the holdbacks issue and how unfair it is to teams who don't use them a regular basis and that bragging about the 2 commit that are holdbacks just makes the point even clearer for us. I don't see any mention of the clubs tournaments. But you sure seem pretty defensive of him and the club. Gotta wonder why? Protecting the kids I get but wow sounds like a man crush to me! Keep up the good work for the cause!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51537 01/16/14 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is picking on the crab organization or the tournaments they run. Express team my son plays with was happy to be invited to young gunz and completely agree that was a well run, well attended program.

I think what get's the LI people going (only some of them)is the reclass/holdback argument. I also don't think it is fair (not sure this approach for lax pays off in the end), but hoenstly don't care enough to worry about it.

Look forward to playing crabs every year, and this year is no different.

I think we would beat your 2018 team more often if you didn't have a phenomenal goalie...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51555 01/16/14 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for clarification, there is NO Crabs 2018 team. There is a U15AA and a U15A (Hardshells). These teams play in tournaments where all kids are 9/1/1999 or younger.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51573 01/16/14 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, sorry, we played the U-13 team at Crabfest last summer...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #51574 01/16/14 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the U15 team has a middie who should be a 10th grader but is in 8th grade...how does that work?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51575 01/16/14 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for clarification, there is NO Crabs 2018 team. There is a U15AA and a U15A (Hardshells). These teams play in tournaments where all kids are 9/1/1999 or younger.

u-15 is 9-1-1998

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51715 01/19/14 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it. Their tourneys are all age-based at U15, not grad year based. I doubt any player on that team is 8/31/98 or older.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51775 01/20/14 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is currently no way to verify that the birthdate specs are obeyed, correct? Football posts rosters with ID photos. These IDs are obtained by sending birth certificate in to league, where we live, anyway. I realize that this will not happen too soon, but boy what a help this would be. I guess that for now we rely upon the honesty of coaches and parents. where could THAT go wrong?!?!?!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #51833 01/21/14 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is currently no way to verify that the birthdate specs are obeyed, correct? Football posts rosters with ID photos. These IDs are obtained by sending birth certificate in to league, where we live, anyway. I realize that this will not happen too soon, but boy what a help this would be. I guess that for now we rely upon the honesty of coaches and parents. where could THAT go wrong?!?!?!

MD teams play down, always have. Go to the U-15 Championship produce the birth certificates. Reach the finals against kids the same age, and I'll never say another word about age. YOUR CLUB WON'T do it. By the way, try doing it without using kids from 10 different states.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 336 1 2 3 4 335 336
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard