BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 70 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have news for you all the top players 2017 class were home mulling over offers or are committed in one form or another. They were not down at UNC. Plenty of talent in the 2017 class. If you are not aware of this then you're living under a rock. Not saying that the 2016 class isn't incredibly talented but don't for a second think the UNC camp was representitve of the best 2017's. THAT IS A FACT!!!!

I totally agree! But if your not in that group you just don't get it or don't want to believe it.
I guess it comes down to the fact that most of these people on here just don't understand that there is a difference between playing and "being" recruited by college coaches and actively "trying" to be recruited by college coaches. One is they come after you, the other is you pursue them. Nothing wrong with the latter, please just stop confusing these different types of players. The best on these teams are or have been recruited already.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another true 2017 commits (Penn State), Probably the best goalie in the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like Ted Knight to Rodney Dangerfield at Bushwood Country Club. Some people don't belong! Who are you to judge. If the kids aren't good enough, they will find out by not being recruited. They paid the fee too !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island kid?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree. It was more telling who was absent than who was there!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best goalie in the grade by many accounts is the kid on the Breakers who is not committed yet.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You sound like Ted Knight to Rodney Dangerfield at Bushwood Country Club. Some people don't belong!
Actually, as a self-professed Caddyshack officienado, the "some people do not belong" comment was uttered by Judge Smails (Ted Knight), but it was said to Danny Noonan (Michael O'Keefe - yes, that Michael O'Keefe).

The actual exchange with Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) follows :

Judge Smails: You - you will never be a member of Bushwood!
Al Czervik: A member? You think I actually want to join this scumatorium? The only reason I'm here is because I might buy it!

Honestly, it is amazing just how many quotes from this low-budget "B" comedy have made their way into everyday expressions (and not just on the putt-putt course) : Caddyshack Quotes via IMDB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have news for you all the top players 2017 class were home mulling over offers or are committed in one form or another. They were not down at UNC. Plenty of talent in the 2017 class. If you are not aware of this then you're living under a rock. Not saying that the 2016 class isn't incredibly talented but don't for a second think the UNC camp was representitve of the best 2017's. THAT IS A FACT!!!!

I totally agree! But if your not in that group you just don't get it or don't want to believe it.
I guess it comes down to the fact that most of these people on here just don't understand that there is a difference between playing and "being" recruited by college coaches and actively "trying" to be recruited by college coaches. One is they come after you, the other is you pursue them. Nothing wrong with the latter, please just stop confusing these different types of players. The best on these teams are or have been recruited already.
Are you talking about UNC/UVA/JHU/Maryland/Penn State/Ohio State/Michigan or all top 20 schools? Yes, the very early recuiting schools are far along in their recruiting of 2017s but do you really think that is the case with all Ivys/Patriot League/Georgetown's of the world? Yes there has been contact from these schools re: 2017 and some recuriting, but nowhere near as far along as the schools mentioned above. The thought that kids who go to prospect camps are too late/not the kids being recruited is just not try for many of the schools I just mentioned. Please tell me if I am wrong and other are having a much different experience a the Ivy's/Patriot League/Georgetown other than invites to prospect days, maybe a few calls from the coach, a request for visits. Other than a few kids, do kids really have offers in hand from these schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best goalie in the grade by many accounts is the kid on the Breakers who is not committed yet.

I would agree here, Breakers goalie among the best, FCA goalie out of Baltimore right there...kid from Mass is top notch as well....Crabs have 2 solid goalies as well

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good call Cage, I will have to break out the DVD again and brush up with my quotes. By the way, what was the college Danny Noonan went to and did they have a D3 or club lax team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes goalie looked very good this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island kid?

Upstate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best goalies were at Jake Reed this past summer and Philly showcase. And he is NOT from Long Island!!! That's by most accounts !!!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Good call Cage, I will have to break out the DVD again and brush up with my quotes. By the way, what was the college Danny Noonan went to and did they have a D3 or club lax team ?
Danny mentioned that he wanted to go to St. Copias of Northern ... and then has his voice trail off. Not known for their lacrosse, St. Copius has one helluva golf team.

Danny Noonan: [trying to make small talk with Chuck after Smails has introduced them] Well, I'm going to college too.
Chuck Schick: [haughtily] Really... are you going to Harvard?
Danny Noonan: No, St. Copius of northern...
Chuck Schick: Where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best goalies were at Jake Reed this past summer and Philly showcase. And he is NOT from Long Island!!! That's by most accounts !!!

Sounds like your account. Any Varsity stats to back up your opinion?

C
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
C

I would agree here, Breakers goalie among the best, FCA goalie out of Baltimore right there...kid from Mass is top notch as well....Crabs have 2 solid goalies as well

Sorry, new here. Someone forwarded me this drivel. My son is one of the kids mentioned in this goalie thread. I find it very tasteless and extremely inappropriate that adults would engage this toward kids. Flattering or no, it crosses a line. I would ask each of you and the moderator on this thread to use some adult discretion when posting about kids at this age. You should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Crabby Daddy

Sorry, new here. Someone forwarded me this drivel. My son is one of the kids mentioned in this goalie thread. I find it very tasteless and extremely inappropriate that adults would engage this toward kids. Flattering or no, it crosses a line. I would ask each of you and the moderator on this thread to use some adult discretion when posting about kids at this age. You should be ashamed.

Lighten up Judge Smails....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares where he's from whats important is where he's going. The First Goalie from 2017 is off the board and the rest will soon follow. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plays for SweetLax and played Varsity as an 8th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back to Maryland. There is a more gentile Maryland board for you,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to him but as far as varsity stats the reality is that that league in Rochester is so weak that those varsity teams wouldn't even be competitive in the MIAA jV league. So really can't compare. Be real!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well 'tanks fer nuttin' !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I saw was positive commentary about goalies, nothing negative mentioned. Lighten up Francis!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can't take the heat, get out of the pan!! This is what we do here, discuss lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to him but as far as varsity stats the reality is that that league in Rochester is so weak that those varsity teams wouldn't even be competitive in the MIAA jV league. So really can't compare. Be real!

So weak??? Have you seen the long list of D1 college commitments? The top club teams (Sweetlax) have more commitments than the Baracudas! You need to get a clue

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
One of the famous lines delivered by Sarah Holcomb. Sarah is the answer to one of our favorite comedy movie questions of all time : Name the actor who appeared in both "Animal House" and "Caddyshack".

Sarah appeared as Clorette DePasto ("Animal House") and Maggie O'Hooligan ("Caddyshack") among her four films between 1978 and 1980.

Battles with drugs, alcohol, and mental health issues led to her departure from the public eye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
One of the famous lines delivered by Sarah Holcomb. Sarah is the answer to one of our favorite comedy movie questions of all time : Name the actor who appeared in both "Animal House" and "Caddyshack".

Sarah appeared as Clorette DePasto ("Animal House") and Maggie O'Hoolihan ("Caddyshack") among her four films between 1978 and 1980.

Battles with drugs, alcohol, and mental health issues led to her departure from the public eye.

I always thought she was Dean Wormer's daughter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to me that most of the 2017 commits are really 2016s in PG drag. There really isn't much identifiable D1 talent in the "true" 2017 class. At least not yet.

said the dad of a reclassified 2016 who hasn't been committed yet as a 2016 so he's now with the 2017's

the 22+ kids who committed weren't there...oh i forgot...they are mostly reclassified '16's....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine most of the best players were not there! If already a top player then you are already committed or already fielding offers so why would you go? What you saw was more than likely the 2nd tier of 2017 talent! That was not a very well throughout post! If your in the top tier of your class, sorry but there is no need to go to these camps with everyone else. Your already committed, offered or on their radar. Duh!
And dad, if your 2016 is there... Well then their you go because most of the top teams have already filled up their spots for 2016 class so your probably at the wrong schools. The TOP players do not need to go to these "prospect" camps. They are for everyone else. Sorry!

have to admit that he has a point there, 2016 dad...why is your outstanding 2016 kid still not committed? or....is he actually a 2015 in drag as a 2016 trying to impress coaches by playing 2017's????

no one has brought up that possibility...

C
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
C
If you can't take the heat, get out of the pan!! This is what we do here, discuss lax!

You're right. I have better things to do. Erkel called, he needs your Suffolk County fantasy junior high school hockey draft picks in today. Have fun, losers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. I have better things to do. Erkel called, he needs your Suffolk County fantasy junior high school hockey draft picks in today. Have fun, losers.

uuhhhhh....whut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all I have to say is: Gunga Galunga

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
all I have to say is: Gunga Galunga
Well, you do have that going for you. Total consciousness from the Lama himself. (Note : We really need to bring the curtain down on the obscure comedy movie trivia.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine most of the best players were not there! If already a top player then you are already committed or already fielding offers so why would you go? What you saw was more than likely the 2nd tier of 2017 talent! That was not a very well throughout post! If your in the top tier of your class, sorry but there is no need to go to these camps with everyone else. Your already committed, offered or on their radar. Duh!
And dad, if your 2016 is there... Well then their you go because most of the top teams have already filled up their spots for 2016 class so your probably at the wrong schools. The TOP players do not need to go to these "prospect" camps. They are for everyone else. Sorry!

have to admit that he has a point there, 2016 dad...why is your outstanding 2016 kid still not committed? or....is he actually a 2015 in drag as a 2016 trying to impress coaches by playing 2017's????

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? NO," now get that 2015 to the 2018 3d camp asap! "Nothings over till we say its over"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? NO," now get that 2015 to the 2018 3d camp asap! "Nothings over till we say its over"

the time has come for someone to put his foot down and that foot is me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You want the truth, you can't handel the truth!" Your kids not going D1

C
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
Crabby Daddy
Unregistered
C
You're right. I have better things to do. Erkel called, he needs your Suffolk County fantasy junior high school hockey draft picks in today. Have fun, losers. [/quote]

uuhhhhh....whut? [/quote]

You didn't pick up on the wit in that statement? You really are from Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So weak??? Have you seen the long list of D1 college commitments? The top club teams (Sweetlax) have more commitments than the Baracudas! You need to get a clue

Ok so here's YOUR clue... MIAA "A" conference commits as of 12-30-13. 110...with many more on the way. That's One Hundred Ten. How many in that Rochester Catholic league McQuaid plays in??? Yeah, that's what I thought. Its ok, I accept your apology. No Comparison!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr Clueless, there are Individual Schools in the MIAA with more commits than your entire All Star "Club" team. Weak counter, at best.

Page 37 of 70 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard