BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at Long Island Sports Hub
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know what teams KC 7 and KC 7 red are?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone know what teams KC 7 and KC 7 red are?

They are a bunch of 6th grade boys from various clubs that put a team together. Keith Cromwell is the coach and he trains many of the boys. That is what I was told.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Outlaw team (year color) did that Igloo beat by 10+?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade Outlaws were beat up by 2021 Igloo, with some tiny 3rd grade goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Igloo I meant to type..4th grade wrecked us, Silver

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Igloo I meant to type..4th grade wrecked us, Silver

Hey I am an igloo parent no big deal outlaws played good ball, it's just indoor 8v8 off season. All good fun good group of kids and nice parents

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Weeks 3 to 6 Schedules

Revised : December 16th

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Team Index

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the standings kept for this league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no standings for this league .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyway to see the results of the games ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......

Yeah it's expensive - but you are a Rockstar!

For that price ya think they could put schedules and standings online.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......

Yeah it's expensive - but you are a Rockstar!

For that price ya think they could put schedules and standings online.
BOTC must sincerely be missing the scheduling point. The schedules are online at the Sports Hub web site and are being carried here on this thread just a few short posts earlier - scheduling updates are posted as they are made available. As a matter of fact, BOTC contacted Rockstar Lacrosse to make the full six week schedule available which is why you see the content here on this thread.

As for standings, we have not received anything on age group records or game results to this point. Should that information be made available, we will carry it here on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, go watch the games...this is indoor 8v8 off season winter lacrosse. Nobody really cares about the results or standings, it's not even real lacrosse. It's a great opportunity for the boys to work on dome stick skills and learn to play with their teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, go watch the games...this is indoor 8v8 off season winter lacrosse. Nobody really cares about the results or standings, it's not even real lacrosse. It's a great opportunity for the boys to work on dome stick skills and learn to play with their teammates.

JV is 10 v 10 full field lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JV is 10 v 10 full field lacrosse!

Yes, but on a narrow field with short area behind the cage. Fine for winter indoor, but not real lacrosse. Field favors defense for sure. As poster said great for keeping the stick in the kids hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion indoor lacrosse always favors the offense! D can't hit, lighting is tough for goalies, high scoring games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHy cant the D hit ? My son plays attack and theres no space ay all, the D can really T off
In my opinion indoor lacrosse always favors the offense! D can't hit, lighting is tough for goalies, high scoring games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the father of a goalie i couldn't disagree more. It favors offense. Shots are coming basically right on top of the cage. Its basically a shooting gallery

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the JV they hit, trust me. For defense if you can stop the attacks first move you've got him. Attack also really can't get a run at defense, no room. This favors D for sure. Either way who cares, good stick time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHy cant the D hit ? My son plays attack and theres no space ay all, the D can really T off

Because the rules for indoor are the same as most of the tournaments limited contact. Most clean hits are flagged indoors. School ball is the only full contact lacrosse being played these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the father of a goalie i couldn't disagree more. It favors offense. Shots are coming basically right on top of the cage. Its basically a shooting gallery

I agree indoors always has been an offensive game. Goalies face a ton of point blank shots indoors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats becasue there are a crap load more of loose balls picked up by the net. The amount of players smashed into the boards at SPorts Arena is insane. There NO room behind the cage for the Attackman. Far fr far mor ehitting inside, thast why Box Lax where bigger equipment, to make up fpr the more physcal aspect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Woodstick (Manhasset and Garden City kids) started out in the Jv division, but dropped down into the 7th/ 8th grade division. This past Saturday they were scheduled to play Express Piranah's (third team of express). Both teams were missing kids because of vacation. Piranah's went with the 13 kids from their team that showed up, Woodstick recruited 6 to 8 kids from 91 Extreme, 3-4 kids from Express A team, Kids from Smithtown and just about everywhere else on Long Island. Woodstick end ended up with 23-25 kids. 7th/8thgrade division is supposed to be 8vs8 on small sided field. This game mysteriously was played10 vs 10 full field. The Woodstick team was provided with Sports Hub pinnies instead of their usual Woodstick pinnies because of all of the ringers. You can imagine the results.

Way to go Manhasset and Garden city. You name your winter team after one of the most famous events in high school lacrosse. An event that has been the hallmark of sportsmanship for over 50 years. You then show no sportsmanship by recruiting a team of ringers to play in a meaningless winter lacrosse game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of who the team consisted of, no team should be allowed to use the name Woodstick Classic.

As stated by the previous poster, the Woodstick Classic is a lacrosse event that is admired by the Long Island sports community for it's long history of mutual respect and sportsmanship by Manhasset/Garden City.

The use (abuse) of the name should be brought to the attention of the superintendent/athletic directors of Manhasset and Garden City.

A couple of father's who want to throw a team together should not be given the opportunity to taint the name of such a respected event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Woodstick (Manhasset and Garden City kids) started out in the Jv division, but dropped down into the 7th/ 8th grade division. This past Saturday they were scheduled to play Express Piranah's (third team of express). Both teams were missing kids because of vacation. Piranah's went with the 13 kids from their team that showed up, Woodstick recruited 6 to 8 kids from 91 Extreme, 3-4 kids from Express A team, Kids from Smithtown and just about everywhere else on Long Island. Woodstick end ended up with 23-25 kids. 7th/8thgrade division is supposed to be 8vs8 on small sided field. This game mysteriously was played10 vs 10 full field. The Woodstick team was provided with Sports Hub pinnies instead of their usual Woodstick pinnies because of all of the ringers. You can imagine the results.

Way to go Manhasset and Garden city. You name your winter team after one of the most famous events in high school lacrosse. An event that has been the hallmark of sportsmanship for over 50 years. You then show no sportsmanship by recruiting a team of ringers to play in a meaningless winter lacrosse game!

I watched half of this game waiting for the next game and it was ugly! It was like a varsity team against a 7th grade team in terms of talent. Nobody benefits from games like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched half of this game waiting for the next game and it was ugly! It was like a varsity team against a 7th grade team in terms of talent. Nobody benefits from games like that.

Who were the coaches who allowed this to happen? Who recruited these kids?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
any update on session 2 scheduling?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Mike1magee
Not yet - we can confirm that the league was at capacity (104 teams) for session 2 when the session 1 schedules were being published. Once we have the details for session 2, they will be shared here on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starts in 2 weeks you'd think they have a schedule out. Geez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why anyone would be surprised that there is no session 2 schedule out. They could not get the full session 1 schedule out until 2 weeks after it started and there were far less teams to schedule. Which BTW this schedule changed many times also! Honestly, the 1st session has been a joke and we will not be doing the next session or any future ones at this point. For the cost I would expect so much more. oh well, live and learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Not yet - we can confirm that the league was at capacity (104 teams) for session 2 when the session 1 schedules were being published. Once we have the details for session 2, they will be shared here on BOTC.

Where does this league play? Do they take individual players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree that this league felll far below expectations. We had one game cancelled for no apparent reason even though our team was there(the majority which traveled an hour to get there), the other team was there and the ref was there. The game was cancelled for no apparent reason and no explanation or make-up game was ever given.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking for the Varsity girls end of it , only a few teams entered and every other week you get to play the same team over. why have a bracket with a few teams? this is a real class act at its best! at least be up front and let the organizations know how many teams have entered prior to signing up ,complete Joke ! , waste of time and money!

I would have to agree that this league felll far below expectations. We had one game cancelled for no apparent reason even though our team was there(the majority which traveled an hour to get there), the other team was there and the ref was there. The game was cancelled for no apparent reason and no explanation or make-up game was ever given.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$2050 for 6 games??? Thats Nuts!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 games and we play the same team 3 times!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking for the Varsity girls end of it , only a few teams entered and every other week you get to play the same team over. why have a bracket with a few teams? this is a real class act at its best! at least be up front and let the organizations know how many teams have entered prior to signing up ,complete Joke ! , waste of time and money!

Session 2 is worse, they over booked and now they are asking teams to play in alternate venues. Some way out in Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for all the Nassau based teams that were thinking they were playing only in Syosset this is going to not be good. They still need to make up games for teams from session one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The flyer clearly stated that teams participating in this league would play games at both venues. Never did I think only my games would be in Suffolk. I even prepared my parents for this. People need to read and comprehend!!!

for all the Nassau based teams that were thinking they were playing only in Syosset this is going to not be good. They still need to make up games for teams from session one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules out first game, GC vs Igloo , 7am Location Calverton athletic complex

The flyer clearly stated that teams participating in this league would play games at both venues. Never did I think only my games would be in Suffolk. I even prepared my parents for this. People need to read and comprehend!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard