BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 144 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have 2016 graduating players (1998 birthdays)on the team. They have kids that cant play PAL football because of their age. I'm sure they will avoid any tournaments that would enforce age requirements. It's about putting pictures on the Express website.

A 1998 b-day doesn't always mean a 2016 (8th grade) graduation. Some December b-days will be a 2017 graduation year. If they knowingly play 8th graders in the 7th grade age brackets, that's another story all together. I'll don't know much about them other than seeing the team play a few times. No doubt a talented team that practices year round.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
well said, my son knows many of the kids on the team and they are all 7th graders. Sometimes credit needs to be given wether you like it or not. My sons express team is playing them Sunday and are looking forward to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, very talented team. Forget about them for a second and think of youth teams in general. Too often now,parents hold kids back (for one reason or another) and so their kids are the oldest in a particular grade. Definitely and advantage through PAL and U13, but most everyone catches up in the high school years and the extra year older is not as significant. This is probably a topic for a different thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The turtles are very talented, but are not very big. As they progress, let's see if all of the kids stay on the team, or they jettison some players for size. That will make their parents go nuts for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its time for Adults to stop bashing a group of very talented 12/13 year olds. Personally know 6 kids and their families on the team they are a 7th grade team. They played up in certain tournaments to have better competition.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not sure if the parents will go nuts. I for one know its my kid on the field playing and not me. Its his ride and I am just a chauffeur and supporter. I work hard to afford any means of improving his skill sets. I will not push him to pick up a stick or go to practice...luckily I do not have to. I do understand that when and if the time comes my kid is no longer capable of playing for the team he is on, I then need to seek alternatives, which as the sport develops, are ever increasing. One team does not stay together forever. My experience with baseball proved that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the new US Lacrosse rule of Aug 31st birthday is fair and most LI club teams comply. NJ and PA base Kindergaten enrollment on the school year (Sept 1st). NY bases thiers on the calendar year (Dec 31st). Many NY parents with kids having Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec birthdays start thier kids in Kindergarten based on the school year (Holding them back). If anything NY youth Lacrosse teams are at a disatvantage when playing out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone provide some information and personal experiences with the Express girls' teams? Any info/comments would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone provide some information and personal experiences with the Express girls' teams? Any info/comments would be appreciated.

My daughter is a freshman in college she played for Express and her entire team is playing in college.Schools that are being attended by her team are Duke,Penn,Yale,Dartmouth,Georgetown,Maryland,Bucknell,American,Siena, Marist,Hofstra, That's just off the top of my head certainly a team worth considering.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter is a freshman in college she played for Express and her entire team is playing in college.Schools that are being attended by her team are Duke,Penn,Yale,Dartmouth,Georgetown,Maryland,Bucknell,American,Siena, Marist,Hofstra, That's just off the top of my head certainly a team worth considering.
That is a tremendous list of academic choices not to mention the lacrosse/athletics point. Well done to those players and their parents. Many Top 30 schools in that collection!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any child born In December would be born the previous year, as The cut off for Kindergarten is December 1st, However many kids born In September October and especially November either hold their kids back from Kindergarten or they end up repeating kindergarten, because they are only 4 at the start of Kindergarten, Ny Is one of the few states that sends Kindergarteners to school at four most states You Have to be 5 by September !st.
Therefore a lot of teams we verse in out of state tournaments would have many children born the previous year,compared to the express teams of Long Island That may only have a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one hear anything (good, bad, etc.) about the Checkmate Sharks that were recently formed? Ran by the founder of Checkmate lacrosse and former Adelphi alumni.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For an early stage program seems to have had early success pulling in a few good kids that were dissatisfied with the cost, politics and overall experience of the larger programs. Quality guys running and coaching - I would take a look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't heard of the Checkmate Sharks, what age are they? My son played in the Lighthouse League on a free agent team and we played Gladiator Lacrosse. Anyone know anything about them? They were mostly 7th graders, but showed some skill.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I haven't heard of the Checkmate Sharks, what age are they? My son played in the Lighthouse League on a free agent team and we played Gladiator Lacrosse. Anyone know anything about them? They were mostly 7th graders, but showed some skill.
Gladiator Lacrosse was added to the Long Island Clubs content island on the right side of the screen last week. Two teams are currently on offer : a 5th grade team and a 7th grade team.

BOTC has been speaking with Bob Burns from the Gladiators and they might be thinking about expanding, but we do not have any further details. Their contact e-mail address is on their web site.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Some fun All-Long Island matchups coming up this weekend at the Fall Finale Classic in New Jersey. See the Tournaments Board for more details on all the games, schedules, and participating teams.

5th/6th Grade, Division A : LI Express 2018 Orange vs. LI Outlaws 2018, 10:30am, November 5th

5th/6th Grade, Division B : LI Express 2019 vs. LI Outlaws 2019, 10:30am, November 5th

7th/8th Grade, Division A : LI Express Orange vs. LI Outlaws 2016 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls that will be seniors this year 2012 will be attending some of the following Schools Harvard,Brown Princeton, Georgetown,New Hampshire,Stony Brook,Catholic,American,Rutgers just to name a few there are more these are just the girls I know.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Regarding comments about age. All teams have kids born in the latter part of the year, remember the school cut off is December 1, therefore many parents around that age choose to hold their child back if born around then that is why USLacrosse has changed the age requirements for the divisions to August 31. See the Link below. As for the Turtles they have as many november 1998 as they do November 1999's so its not about age, its about ability.

http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/Events/2012USLRegionalChampionships/AgeRequirement.aspx

Regarding comments about "pictures on the website"? They play "up" very often...if it was about pix on the site wouldn't they always play their grade?

don't hate...appreciate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say that having kids with November 98 birtdays doesn't make a difference is absurd. They are almost a year older than most of the kids they are playing against. My son with an October 99 bday, will be a much better, stonger player a whole year from now. If you choose to hold your kid back for academic reasons, you're not fooling anyone in the area of sports. We all know it is a win/win situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Some fun All-Long Island matchups coming up this weekend at the Fall Finale Classic in New Jersey. See the Tournaments Board for more details on all the games, schedules, and participating teams.

5th/6th Grade, Division A : LI Express 2018 Orange vs. LI Outlaws 2018, 10:30am, November 5th

5th/6th Grade, Division B : LI Express 2019 vs. LI Outlaws 2019, 10:30am, November 5th

7th/8th Grade, Division A : LI Express Orange vs. LI Outlaws 2016 Black

Scores? Results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Express 2018 Orange won their bracket it was a great job by all. Hats off to the Outlaws for continuing to take the face off even when the refs gave them the ball when they were down by 7 or more. Express only gave up two goals in four games! Defense was awesome.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not trying to be argumentative and in fact I agree with you, my point is everyone is doing this especially in Maryland. Take a look at any Div 1 teams roster and look at the birthyear's of the freshman all of them are older than what would equal your son's age.

based on your son being a 1999/7th grader the equivalent for a collge Freshman would be 1993. See chart below:
1999/7th
1998/8th
1997/9th
1996/10th
1995/11th
1994/12th
1993/College freshman

Here is UNC Freshmans Birthyear directly from their website.

Jan/1992
Jan/1992
Feb/1992
Feb/1992
Mar/1992
Aug/1992
Sept/1992
Sept/1992
Oct/1992
Nov/1992
Mar/1993

They only have 1 1993 on the roster as a freshman!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxmachine
I'm not trying to be argumentative and in fact I agree with you, my point is everyone is doing this especially in Maryland. Take a look at any Div 1 teams roster and look at the birthyear's of the freshman all of them are older than what would equal your son's age.

based on your son being a 1999/7th grader the equivalent for a collge Freshman would be 1993. See chart below:
1999/7th
1998/8th
1997/9th
1996/10th
1995/11th
1994/12th
1993/College freshman

Jan/1992
Jan/1992
Feb/1992
Feb/1992
Mar/1992
Aug/1992
Sept/1992
Sept/1992
Oct/1992
Nov/1992
Mar/1993

Great post and very true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxmachine

1999/7th
1998/8th
1997/9th
1996/10th
1995/11th
1994/12th
1993/College freshman

Jan/1992
Jan/1992
Feb/1992
Feb/1992
Mar/1992
Aug/1992
Sept/1992
Sept/1992
Oct/1992
Nov/1992
Mar/1993

please confirm where you goit this, UNC I believe UNC web site is still showing last years roster - an example is Billy Bitter listed as a Freshman and born in Jan 1992 is now a Sophomore and as a '92 he is in the "correct" grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to correct a post made in error - that is the 2012 roster and it is Jimmy Bitter - and he is a freshman - sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyone here who is a parent of a kid on the Express team going to the NPYLL tournament this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's Jimmy Bitter not Billy. Jimmy is a 2011 graduate and a current freshman. PLease see the link.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-lacros/mtt/unc-m-lacros-mtt.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes why?

Hello. Can you email me at laxparent@mail.com? I promise you I am not going to spam you or disparage the Express. Since you guys are going to the NPYLL Fall Fest tournament, I thought you might be interested in something. It's not gossip or anything related to the tournament or teams.

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes why?

Hello. Can you email me at laxparent@mail.com? I promise you I am not going to spam you or disparage the Express. Since you guys are going to the NPYLL Fall Fest tournament, I thought you might be interested in something. It's not gossip or anything related to the tournament or teams.

Thanks.
Why not become a registered user here on BOTC which allows you to use our on-board private messaging system?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just post it here if it is an interesting point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not an interesting point or anything. Just something intended for a parent of the Express team that is going to this tournament.

Again, please email me at laxparent@mail.com (note - mail.com, not gmail.com). Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not an interesting point or anything. Just something intended for a parent of the Express team that is going to this tournament.

Again, please email me at laxparent@mail.com (note - mail.com, not gmail.com). Thanks!

Come on! Tell us man!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to LI Express 2018 Orange on winning this past weekend at the Skulls and Bones tournament at the Greenvale School.Great job players and coaches!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to LI Express 2017 Korwin Team, they won Skull and Bones tournament this past weekend. Well done boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really just about winning tournaments and getting pictures on the website. Express 2018 Orange is a good team, but how is winning 12-0 every game going to make our boys better? I hear 91 orange (2018) plays up every tournament. Is it really about winning? Or is it about having good competitive games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the 2017 Blue team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really just about winning tournaments and getting pictures on the website. Express 2018 Orange is a good team, but how is winning 12-0 every game going to make our boys better? I hear 91 orange (2018) plays up every tournament. Is it really about winning? Or is it about having good competitive games?

91 Orange played up in 1 maybe 2 tourneys last year. Good team, but they needed to get a couple easy wins for the website too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Express did, by far, the least competitive tournaments last year.
A classic last summer was traveling a few hours into PA to destroy a few teams instead of playing at a competitive tournament, LI Laxfest, right in their own backyard. Come on already.
This Fall playing against 6th grade town teams is really going to challenge the kids. Only ones getting any benefit from that is the kids on the town teams that have to actually work.
Lets not forget to mention the LACK of sportsmanship. Hey everybody we can score 40 plus goals in a game against younger kids and town teams. Weeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sorry but if my son kept shooting I would be pissed. Teach the kids respect for the game and class.
Very surprised they actually went to Trilax.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 144 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard