BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 47 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best Post
All this talk about the Jesters is taking away from the U-13 Team of the Tournament(forget Madlax National and their director/coach)

I am talking about the Grand River Ironmen. This group beat every single team which finished 3rd-9th enroute to their 2nd place finish.

In Pool Play they had wins over eventual:
4th place - Jr Mammoth 8-2
5th place - Red Devil United 6-5
6th place - Tampa Elite 4-3
7th place - Cannons Select 8-3

In Bracket Play they had wins over eventual:
9th place - Team Minnesota 13-6
8th place - Ironclads 11-9
3rd place - FCA 11-5

They did not face a single cupcake the whole weekend

Games between eventual 2-8 were all competitive - most other teams had at least 1 blowout loss to one of these teams

Anyone who played Madlax got blown out. But very good point. This was excellent team who played well all tournament.

Madlax was a very athletic, skilled and well coached team. Not sure what previous issues with coach/owner but this team was far and away the best team in the tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I am submitting a variation on the top Long Island club/town thread above. This one is my attempt at January power rankings for the 2018 teams (and TLI). This is based on Summer and Fall play, and is only based on the club teams I saw over that time, so no West Coast Stars or Madlax, for example - feel free to add them or others that you saw/played, but your list has to be 20 teams. This is entirely subjective, and meant to spark a friendly discussion on the top 20 teams. Below are my top 20 - feel free to post yours.

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
8. Prime Time - Westchester
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

Nope adjustment needed. That is a very good list. That should be the A & AA for an invitational tourney.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Embedded Tournament Advertising
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax in top five and sweetlax in top ten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Deleted>> is saying are the official website for travel rankings. They ranked quite a few grades.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Commercial Reference Removed
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax Is a national team. Sweet lax never saw a 2018 team
?? Are they grade based?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I am submitting a variation on the top Long Island club/town thread above. This one is my attempt at January power rankings for the 2018 teams (and TLI). This is based on Summer and Fall play, and is only based on the club teams I saw over that time, so no West Coast Stars or Madlax, for example - feel free to add them or others that you saw/played, but your list has to be 20 teams. This is entirely subjective, and meant to spark a friendly discussion on the top 20 teams. Below are my top 20 - feel free to post yours.

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

Nope adjustment needed. That is a very good list. That should be the A & AA for an invitational tourney.

Very good list. I think there is parity between teams 8 thru 20 that could yield 1 goal games either way on any given day. These rankings are fun, but unfortunately the "who's the best team" discussion will fade fast for this age group. With early recruiting the way it is, the focus will rapidly change for these kids. For many of them the process will begin over the next 6 to 12 months. Crazy, but true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax Is a national team. Sweet lax never saw a 2018 team
?? Are they grade based?

Madlax has a strong dc based team . They are 8th graders and won the Greene turtle and a few others this summer. The top fifteen or so on that team were the core of the national team that played in dicks and the young guns. A few Cali and Florida kids joined to make it a national team. I would put the dc based team pretty high here. Also move the hawks higher. They were strong this summer and have gotten stronger this fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this Victor team the upstate N.Y. town program ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They are very good but they are not top 3 for this age group. I can only assume that these rankings are based off last summer. The Dukes HHH 2018 team last year had seven 2019 kids on it and we managed to go 1-1 against 91 xtreme. This year we have a 2020, a 2019 and a 2018 team. The 2018 is very, very good. I guess we'll see just how good they are this summer but if I were to put money on it they'll be up there with team 91 and the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. They are very good but they are not top 3 for this age group. I can only assume that these rankings are based off last summer. The Dukes HHH 2018 team last year had seven 2019 kids on it and we managed to go 1-1 against 91 xtreme. This year we have a 2020, a 2019 and a 2018 team. The 2018 is very, very good. I guess we'll see just how good they are this summer but if I were to put money on it they'll be up there with team 91 and the crabs.

How many of the Dukes 2018 players will be 15 this summer??? I know they're all 2018. Blah, blah, blah... I know another LI parent whining about the truth...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Xtreme beat Dukes 2018 10-5 this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't how good a list this is - the Wolverines beat the Jesters every time they played each other last spring/summer and beat fl$ in the JDRF. The Wolverines went unbeaten in fall play (2 ties). It is understood that every team has made changes from last year and it might make more sense to wait and see what happens when these teams actually play each other in 2014 before putting together a pretty silly ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't how good a list this is - the Wolverines beat the Jesters every time they played each other last spring/summer and beat fl$ in the JDRF. The Wolverines went unbeaten in fall play (2 ties). It is understood that every team has made changes from last year and it might make more sense to wait and see what happens when these teams actually play each other in 2014 before putting together a pretty silly ranking.

Ok, so wolverines, Jesters, fl$, in that order. Feel better now? Wait fl$ got one player from terps and two from xtreme, so now they're better. Wait, fl$ lost player to terps so now they're not good anymore. Wait jesters brought back every starter and added players from fl$ and 91 and Express, so they're better. Good lord, who cares!! My guess these three teams play each other to one goal games every time they play this year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Jesters 16th when they finished 18th at the [lacrosse]'s tournament which was full of non Hot Bed teams?

Where would you put [lacrosse]'s 2nd - 8th place teams as well as 9th-16th?

Was there any mutual opponents?

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Jesters 16th when they finished 18th at the [lacrosse]'s tournament which was full of non Hot Bed teams?

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

An awful lot of energy going into something that is based on nothing. I agree that 91 Xtreme is in top 3 but that is the only true item on the list. Let's wait until the season has commenced before we start bashing the teams. After all, we all know it is going to come down to Terps and Xtreme, it always does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go with the jester bashing. The teams at Dicks were not 2018 like the Jesters. They were age based teams, many loaded with kids that on LI would be 9th graders. Not 2018. Who cares???

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

An awful lot of energy going into something that is based on nothing. I agree that 91 Xtreme is in top 3 but that is the only true item on the list. Let's wait until the season has commenced before we start bashing the teams. After all, we all know it is going to come down to Terps and Xtreme, it always does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not Jester bashing. LI is the gold standard against which everyone should measure themselves. Jesters are part of that standard. Teams outside LI and Maryland are always looking to compare themselves with LI and Maryland squads.

A close game against any of the teams on your list implies a team can compete with the other teams similarly ranked on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's please stop all the bs. Try to behave like adults lest this forum will turn into the 2017 forum...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not Jester bashing. LI is the gold standard against which everyone should measure themselves. Jesters are part of that standard. Teams outside LI and Maryland are always looking to compare themselves with LI and Maryland squads.

A close game against any of the teams on your list implies a team can compete with the other teams similarly ranked on the list.

They may.......but an all star team from multiple or whole states should be able to compete with one of the many travel teams from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your delusional... 15 years ago your statement might have made sense. Lacrosse is national sport now with strong teams from all over the country. I suggest you have your director book a game with your son's team against the Madlax national team. See how they fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are making the same point Einstein

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did va/md/pa 2018 teams do this Fall? We saw Dukes up at the Express tourney on LI, but none of the other teams. Curious if Crabs, Madlax Md or Va, Bucks Select, Breakers, Hawks etc. were playing each other.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
VA and MD teams played in NPYLL Autumn Classic. Crabs won close final against Hawks. Full results on website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go with the jester bashing. The teams at Dicks were not 2018 like the Jesters. They were age based teams, many loaded with kids that on LI would be 9th graders. Not 2018. Who cares???

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

FCA Blue 2018 should be included in top 5...very talented team, watch out for them this Summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

FCA Blue 2018 should be included in top 5...very talented team, watch out for them this Summer

Who have they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstar 365 in the top 10 ?

Isn't that a new organization with what, one summer under their belt?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstar 365 in the top 10 ?

Isn't that a new organization with what, one summer under their belt?

No, that team has been around for years - the coach added '365' to indicate it's a year round team. They beat a lot of good teams in 2013 including Express and Dukes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did va/md/pa 2018 teams do this Fall? We saw Dukes up at the Express tourney on LI, but none of the other teams. Curious if Crabs, Madlax Md or Va, Bucks Select, Breakers, Hawks etc. were playing each other.

To be honest you didn't really see the Dukes 2018 team this fall. The team you saw was 75% Dukes and 25% Big 4 players. The play day was during football playoffs and football is king in Pa.. My sons 2019 team had the same situation. We lost to the Wolverines 3-1 on Long Island but we smoked them 10-1 at winter nationals with a full squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, 2018 terps beat Dukes 2wice in winter nationals but lost to them on LI...all good teams and i/m/o any of the below teams can beat the others on any given day--

that means terps, extreme, dukes, crabs, team li and 365. I heard the madlax team is also very strong but have not seen them play so can't comment.

the above are the only teams that have had comepetitive games against the terps in the last three years we have been on the team. Perhaps this year will be differnt with various kids being reclassed and the onset pf puberty...

good luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, 2018 terps beat Dukes 2wice in winter nationals but lost to them on LI...all good teams and i/m/o any of the below teams can beat the others on any given day--

that means terps, extreme, dukes, crabs, team li and 365. I heard the madlax team is also very strong but have not seen them play so can't comment.

the above are the only teams that have had comepetitive games against the terps in the last three years we have been on the team. Perhaps this year will be differnt with various kids being reclassed and the onset pf puberty...

good luck to all

Dukes lost to the Terps once at last years winter nationals, not twice. If you read my post earlier in this thread last years 2018 team had 7 2019 players on it. This 7 are now playing age appropriately and have been replaced with really good 2018 players and another 5 or 6 returning players didn't make the team again this year. I'm sure their play this summer will do their talking for them people are talking about how we did last summer or this fall when we were missing players due to football. At winter nationals they destroyed everyone. The closest game was 11-2. It's too bad the Terps didn't play in it this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The terps must have been missing a lot of players because they lost big at the Mitchell field tournament. That team did not look like the terps of old.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

good luck to all

Dukes lost to the Terps once at last years winter nationals, not twice. If you read my post earlier in this thread last years 2018 team had 7 2019 players on it. This 7 are now playing age appropriately and have been replaced with really good 2018 players and another 5 or 6 returning players didn't make the team again this year. I'm sure their play this summer will do their talking for them people are talking about how we did last summer or this fall when we were missing players due to football. At winter nationals they destroyed everyone. The closest game was 11-2. It's too bad the Terps didn't play in it this year.

Dukes are an outstanding organization and like everybody else, when they lose it is because they were missing players or they were younger. one question I do have for you is what are the ages of the fab 7 2019's? could any perhaps have been born in 1999 or early 2000 ? just asking.

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Betty Davis Eyes

good luck to all

Dukes are an outstanding organization and like everybody else, when they lose it is because they were missing players or they were younger. one question I do have for you is what are the ages of the fab 7 2019's? could any perhaps have been born in 1999 or early 2000 ? just asking.

My son is April 5th 2001, one is august 15th 2000 and two others are between the two, the others I don't know their exact birth dates. Of the 7 only one is old enough to be in 8th grade. It cracks me up that some of you guys assume teams have to stack their rosters with over aged players to compete with the Long Island programs. FWIW I was born and raised on the Island. I love the way the game is played there but the Philly kids are really good. When I played the talent ended when you hit Queens and didn't pick up until you hit Baltimore. That's no longer the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that Dukes are a good team and i think that is what was said abover, any of these teams can beat any of the others at any given time. No need to get upset at all because we are all looking forward to a great spring/summer season against the dukes and the rest of the upper level teams.

Out of this group of teams mentioned earlier (extreme, crabs, terps, madlax, team li, 365-if I left your son's team off the list, no disrespect meant, these are the teams that I have seen, no other reason), how many of your boys headed to the Jake reed try out in Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good luck to all

How many reclassified 2017's this year on 2018,10? Isn't it interesting that all of a sudden teams like Dukes and Crabs in Md. become un-beatable teams as rising 9th graders on. The year before they're just another decent team. The kids on the team all begin to look like men too. I guess it's those secret training programs and vitamins. Also interesting that Dukes went to U-15 Championship this year and weren't a top team. (of course crabs never goes and won't) How could that be? They kill it in all the grade based tourns and don't do well in tourns where you need a birth certificate. Why is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good luck to all

How many reclassified 2017's this year on 2018,10? Isn't it interesting that all of a sudden teams like Dukes and Crabs in Md. become un-beatable teams as rising 9th graders on. The year before they're just another decent team. The kids on the team all begin to look like men too. I guess it's those secret training programs and vitamins. Also interesting that Dukes went to U-15 Championship this year and weren't a top team. (of course crabs never goes and won't) How could that be? They kill it in all the grade based tourns and don't do well in tourns where you need a birth certificate. Why is that?

Great point. On Long Island, the debate usually rages around whether someone is a month or three older than a public school cut off date - so September/October/November 1999's and why they aren't playing 2017. Dukes/Crabs is a different kettle of fish entirely. The Dukes team that travelled to Kellenberg this Fall was said to have three or four 1998 birth year kids on the team - all 8th graders. If that is even close to true, it shows how big the age/grade difference is between PA/MD and LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good luck to all

Great point. On Long Island, the debate usually rages around whether someone is a month or three older than a public school cut off date - so September/October/November 1999's and why they aren't playing 2017. Dukes/Crabs is a different kettle of fish entirely. The Dukes team that travelled to Kellenberg this Fall was said to have three or four 1998 birth year kids on the team - all 8th graders. If that is even close to true, it shows how big the age/grade difference is between PA/MD and LI.

The age thing is a rolling debate on the reclassification thread. It just takes US lacrosse to drop the grade play and go age every year u8, u9, u10, to u15. And then go grade in HS. The inconsistency is disconcerting. Those against that would while for a few days and move on. Problem solved. And the top teams would still be the top teams because it is about coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just think that it is funny that all the Maryland parents have been real quiet since this thread was started. I guess that there is nothing that they can say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just think that it is funny that all the Maryland parents have been real quiet since this thread was started. I guess that there is nothing that they can say.

Why get caught up in your nonsense...Not every boy is held back in Maryland. I am from Long Island and when I read these posts I am embarrassed to admit that. Stop the whining, the boys will end up where they should. Let them play, support them, encourage them and focus on grades. It all works out in the end. Only the parents are disappointed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Duke's dad that was happy to tell us about all the 2019 players is now not admitting how old his 2018s are?

Really, 3 players that should be in 10th grade?

How many of the Duke's are actually born in 2000?

Page 13 of 47 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard