BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Girls 2017 (9th Grade) age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Girls 2017 (9th Grade) age group.

Do you know who the Head Coach for Kellenberg Girls Varsity is? I want to contact but I can't find a name on the school website. Thanks!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Refreshing our Girls 2017 discussion thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone have any constructive information/opinion on the following events:

Brine National Classic - 2017 Only Regional Tryout
Showtime Girls National Spotlight - at Western CT State

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Tryout for the Brine National Classic last year was a joke. The large majority of team were elevate girls at the middle school level and wouldn't you know the owner of elevate was the lead organizer and evaluator. Other girls had personal connections to him as well. You are better off going to a different region for a tryout, maybe not so biased. Or hopefully, the organizers will make changes at the tryouts as he has a daughter that age. The event itself was good, but not any better than other events sponsored by IWLCA.

Showtime maverick is up and coming. Huge, premier event on boys side and I would only think it is going to develop the same way on girls side. Only 2nd year for girls but heard that the first one was successful, well organized and good turnout from coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Shannon Smith running Brine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? Shannon Smith is involved in Brine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout for the Brine National Classic last year was a joke. The large majority of team were elevate girls at the middle school level and wouldn't you know the owner of elevate was the lead organizer and evaluator. Other girls had personal connections to him as well. You are better off going to a different region for a tryout, maybe not so biased. Or hopefully, the organizers will make changes at the tryouts as he has a daughter that age. The event itself was good, but not any better than other events sponsored by IWLCA.

Showtime maverick is up and coming. Huge, premier event on boys side and I would only think it is going to develop the same way on girls side. Only 2nd year for girls but heard that the first one was successful, well organized and good turnout from coaches.

I heard on another thread that Showtime was "awful" last year, but they're hoping for improvement, with the YJ women getting involved...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Carol Rose is running Maverick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you know this how????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are miss informed, Showtime was nothing on the girls side last year...almost no college coaches. Not yet worth is as a recruiting event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, any truth to this?? Last year Elevate ran Brine. Was very biased as the Elevate director was coaching his own girls and calling them by name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This would be awesome, but I think it's wishful thinking, or someone messing around...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And don't forget Under Armour

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

In my perfect world, all these high profile tournaments would rotate which club they have running the regions, or have another region's coaches coach our region. It might cut down on the inherent favoritism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

In my perfect world, all these high profile tournaments would rotate which club they have running the regions, or have another region's coaches coach our region. It might cut down on the inherent favoritism.

Excellent post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I knew I picked YJ for a reason!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I knew I picked YJ for a reason!

Sad that this turned out to be your reason...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't have been too biased...LI Team won the Brine Tournament. Guess the evaluator selected the right girls...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't have been too biased...LI Team won the Brine Tournament. Guess the evaluator selected the right girls...

Poster referred to middle school age group which 2017 was in last year. Should have read more clearly. And if you were there some of the other teams were so weak, some strong Maryland teams were not present and LI girls were added onto Alabama, Maryland, Syracuse teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poster referred to middle school age group which 2017 was in last year. Should have read more clearly. And if you were there some of the other teams were so weak, some strong Maryland teams were not present and LI girls were added onto Alabama, Maryland, Syracuse teams.

So the LI team won because all the good MD girls didn't play and the other regions got stuck taking some bad LI girls.... Stop please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the LI team won because all the good MD girls didn't play and the other regions got stuck taking some bad LI girls.... Stop please.

LI HS girls won it all and LI MS girls lost in the final. As far as competition. You can only play he other teams that show up. Is it clear now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for PARENTS of 2017 kids that were in 8th grade last year and had their 8th rrade daughter play varsity lax. My daughter (8th grader) is trying out for her Vsity school team - talent aside - if you child payed - did your daughter experience any social hurdles in spending time with girls in 11th and 12th grade who in some cases are alomost 5 years older? I now spending tie with much older kids, bus rides etc things may come up where an 8th grader may not fit in socially - I was just curious. Obviously it depends on the child as well - I was just curios. Thanks for the feedback.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Question for PARENTS of 2017 kids that were in 8th grade last year and had their 8th rrade daughter play varsity lax. My daughter (8th grader) is trying out for her Vsity school team - talent aside - if you child payed - did your daughter experience any social hurdles in spending time with girls in 11th and 12th grade who in some cases are alomost 5 years older? I now spending tie with much older kids, bus rides etc things may come up where an 8th grader may not fit in socially - I was just curious. Obviously it depends on the child as well - I was just curios. Thanks for the feedback.

Not a parent of a 2017 but a parent of three kids who all played up in 8th grade (not all lax), my kids had no problems. From their perspectives, the kids who had probs were the kids who came in thinking they were all that because they were 8th graders playing up. If the 8th grader comes in knowing the pecking order and not expecting to be a star then the older kids take her under their wings and accept her. Tell her to stay out of whatever team drama is going on and to respect the girl who may be riding the bench because the 8th grader took her spot.

Purely on a social level, will your kid hear things above her years? Yeah, probably. Is it going to freak her out? Probably not. Will she get invited to HS parties? Maybe, but that doesn't mean she'll want to go or that you have to let her. My kids passed on most because they knew they'd feel uncomfortable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 9th grader who has played 2 varsity sports so far this year and is hoping to play varsity lacrosse as well. Her experience has been very positive - in both sports thus far, many of the older girls have gone out of their way to include the younger girls and make them feel comfortable. However, be aware that younger girls playing on teams made up predominately of older girls are certainly more exposed to typical more "mature" teenager behavior. It was of some concern but also offered great opportunities to open up dialogues with my daughter about various things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every school has a different environment. My child and her friends played on 2 varsity teams as an 8th grader. One sport the girls were terrific, the other had a posse of older girls who completely ignored the younger players. To the point where officials commented to the coach about poor sportsmanship (lack of passing to open players, no congrats after goals, etc-it was that obvious). Sadly, sometimes the younger players are more mature than the older players. Good luck to your daughter as it is a huge accomplishment to be asked to play up!

Link Copied to Clipboard