BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Did Garden City have any holdbacks last Year? How about Ward Melville? I would bet that there are some boys at WM and GC who are holdbacks. ...

Only a fool would bet against you on that point.

Hold-backs in every grade, in almost every sport, here in the garden. There are always going to be kids who start late or are held back for developmental issues or concerns, in every school district. But then there are plenty of "gamers" who were held back (admittedly by their parents) to give them an advantage athletically and even academically. It's all a matter of degree. A kid born in mid-November ... not unreasonable to start school one grade back. But how about a kid with an August birthday? Less reasonable. It definitely happens all the time.

Doesn't mean these kids are dominant on the field or in the classroom, but at least some of them are. Also, it is undeniable that all of the hold-backs are performing better relative to the "grade" they are in than their age-based peers. Which is why the parents did what they did.

Not unlawful, but clearly the rest of our children are disadvantaged by this.

And there is certainly a stigma for some of the hold-backs, where it is known they are much older than the other kids in the grade. Every goal, every hit, every jump shot ... people say "he's good, but you know, he is a year older than everyone else out there". I have heard that at least 500 times over the years, and admittedly, have also said it myself.

This is the system. For now at least.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
In the ultimate holding back - Casey Carroll will play his final season at Duke this year, Casey graduated Duke in '07 with one year of eligibility left but decided to do 5 years PG in Afghanistan, came back last year but hurt his leg so he red shirted and now, at age 29 will play his final year.

Or as most LI lax parents would say.....cheater

This comment is disgraceful! That fact that you would even mention his name and what he did for this country in this thread is unbelievable. He served his country and fought for your freedoms. The NCAA did the right and proper thing by waving the 5 in 4 rule for last year's season and after his injury before the season started last year by giving him his medical red-shirt to play this year. He is getting his well deserved chance to finish his dream of dodging an opponent on a DI college lacrosse field, instead of dodging a bullet in Afghanistan.

Last night, I sat my 8 yr old son and my 12 yr old nephew down and had them read about Casey Carroll and his sacrifices he made and his perseverance. This is what a true hero looks like! Show your kid what hard work looks like instead of showing them a shortcut to being one year bigger and stronger than their classmate/teammate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not suggesting it is bad recruiting advice. 3d is doing right by its followers given the current landscape.

I am of the camp that believes that a boy who couldn't earn a roster spot when competing against kids his own age and therefore reclassifies and builds a resume based on playing against younger boys, simply isn't as good as the college coaches may think.

I believe and am rooting hard that the schools who early recruit re-classified players fail and fail miserably. I hope very much that UVA, JHU and UNC (who I see as worst offenders) underperform vs. recruiting class rank as UNC has done for years and UVA/JHU did last year. Specifically I expect these schools to lose top lax school status from 2017 onwards. The 2016 HS class is the class where the the line was really crossed this is why the 2017 season is the tell all season.

This IS good recruiting advice. - I know first hand of a kid who went to 3D as a 2016 and did not receive an invite to Jake Reed, he repeated 8th grade a re-classified as a 2017 and has now verbally committed to a top team and top school. How can anybody question their decision or question repeating 8th grade as a viable strategy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Maniac
In the ultimate holding back - Casey Carroll will play his final season at Duke this year, Casey graduated Duke in '07 with one year of eligibility left but decided to do 5 years PG in Afghanistan, came back last year but hurt his leg so he red shirted and now, at age 29 will play his final year.

Or as most LI lax parents would say.....cheater

This comment is disgraceful! That fact that you would even mention his name and what he did for this country in this thread is unbelievable. He served his country and fought for your freedoms. The NCAA did the right and proper thing by waving the 5 in 4 rule for last year's season and after his injury before the season started last year by giving him his medical red-shirt to play this year. He is getting his well deserved chance to finish his dream of dodging an opponent on a DI college lacrosse field, instead of dodging a bullet in Afghanistan.

Last night, I sat my 8 yr old son and my 12 yr old nephew down and had them read about Casey Carroll and his sacrifices he made and his perseverance. This is what a true hero looks like! Show your kid what hard work looks like instead of showing them a shortcut to being one year bigger and stronger than their classmate/teammate!

maniac i believe the poster was being sarcastic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So How does the LI competition stack up at this age group. There has to be more teams

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So How does the LI competition stack up at this age group. There has to be more teams

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

IMHO you have 4 groups here

1) 91 Extreme in a class by themselves

2) TLI is an aged based team and not a 2018

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very fair assessment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

Son not on Extreme, TLI or Terps. Fair statement, until proven otherwise. My guess is the Terps will get some tougher than expected games from the everybody else category this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

Son not on Extreme, TLI or Terps. Fair statement, until proven otherwise. My guess is the Terps will get some tougher than expected games from the everybody else category this summer.

Not sure why you isolate the TERPs, I think the "Everybody else" group will provide challenges to any of, what is deemed, the top 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

I would rank them the same way, but I wouldn't put 91 in a class by themselves! They are not dominant like the Turtles or what Crush is doing. Terps gave them fits last summer and TLI always gives them fits. That being said they earned the 1 spot, but they can be beat. Being in a class by yourself means that you are head and shoulders better than everyone else. Not the case here!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

Not sure why you isolate the TERPs, I think the "Everybody else" group will provide challenges to any of, what is deemed, the top 3.

I isolated the Terps because I think they are a lot better then the other teams and the original post was asking opinions and that is what I was trying to give. I agree that some of the other teams can and will play competitive games with the terps but no 2018 team on LI can compete with Extreme, forget about beating them, they can not compete with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

Unless the teams in the "everyone else" category made major improvements they will not challenge the top 3! That being said as they get older the teams get closer and closer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I am not including any Team LI because they are aged based. This is for 2018 only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

3) Terps

4) Everybody else

I isolate TERPS because they are simply not as strong as Extreme or TLI, until proven otherwise. With all due respect to the TERPS, they are a great team and will most likely beat the teams in the all the other category. However, some of these other teams will give them a better run this year. Some of these teams have improved quite a bit! No trash talk here, better competition is better for all the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I am not including any Team LI becauseWant us to drive. ? Johnson's waiting in car so we are back out they are aged based. This is for 2018 only.

If your going to add town teams in you have to put a bunch of them in before bottom 10!

Smithtown, Garden City, West Islip, Masdapequa etc.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I am not including any Team LI because they are aged based. This is for 2018 only.

Wow - I am a 2018 parent and I have never heard of a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I have to say that is pretty good. Sure there can be interchangeable teams between - it is a pretty good ranking. Somebody should talk to TLI and enter a grade based combo team. Not saying they change their U based approached (that is their god given right). Just saying put a combo team in for like 2 or 3 tourneys. They practice together anyway all week at those clinics that Gongas runs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

How does fl$ finish abound Wolverines and Jesters when they beat them several times last year??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny, terps played extreme in two tournaments last year, shamrock and laxfest. they lost 2 games and won one...won the championship at laxfest.

this year they played one game and terps lost by 3 or 4. that same day terps lost to dukes, team li, and 365. no excuses but even good teams have bad days...not to mention some of the boys were beat up from football.

extreme is a very good team, but they will lose their fair share this year, they are certainly beatable.

let's all wait and see what the summer season brings, lots of good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I have to say that is pretty good. Sure there can be interchangeable teams between - it is a pretty good ranking. Somebody should talk to TLI and enter a grade based combo team. Not saying they change their U based approached (that is their god given right). Just saying put a combo team in for like 2 or 3 tourneys. They practice together anyway all week at those clinics that Gongas runs.

I'd have to agree, especially with 3 thru 7. Those teams last summer played each other to 1 goal games either way, I suspect the same this summer, with some of them beginning to challenge the top two. Best to all the boys on all the 2018 teams moving forward. There will be many, many D1,D2 and D3 players from this grade in the years to come. I for one hope we 2018 parents can stay positive. Maybe we can promote healthy competition in this age group to better prepare these young men for whatever their college lacrosse aspirations are. The more they push each other, the better they all will become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon has 2 teams, True Blue has 2, Vipers and HDD had 2 last summer. Don't know what they have this year. LI Thunder, LI Pride and Million Force had teams last year. Wantagh Tribe is good town team that played at B level and won a few tournaments. I don't think they are in top Garden City, Smithtown,3V level though. I don't know about Syosset, W.I., S.W.R., or Massapequa , but I think they do mostly spring tournaments, then kids do summer club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jester's A the same team that went to [lacrosse]'s? If so, surprised to see such a high ranking. A lot of teams that finished higher than Jesters are not even the best team in their Not Hot Bed areas - if so, this bodes well for the rest of the Country and Canada - other posts on the Dicks thread suggested that they were a B team

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened to 91Raiders, where did those kids go ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree putting wantagh on the list and leaving out smithtown, syosset, three village who will beat wantagh tribe!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

I'd have to agree, especially with 3 thru 7. Those teams last summer played each other to 1 goal games either way, I suspect the same this summer, with some of them beginning to challenge the top two. Best to all the boys on all the 2018 teams moving forward. There will be many, many D1,D2 and D3 players from this grade in the years to come. I for one hope we 2018 parents can stay positive. Maybe we can promote healthy competition in this age group to better prepare these young men for whatever their college lacrosse aspirations are. The more they push each other, the better they all will become.

I agree. I would like to see those 5 teams playing each other. Parents get your coaches to put them all in the Shamrock. It will be a nice primer for the summer. These teams are filled with really good players and would be fun to watch the best of rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

How does fl$ finish abound Wolverines and Jesters when they beat them several times last year??

can't go by last year, several of the 3 and below teams had a lot of player changes. i believe fl$ picked up several who are capable of making extreme or terps but would rather get more play time which is what fl$ is all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree putting wantagh on the list and leaving out smithtown, syosset, three village who will beat wantagh tribe!!!!!

Appologies for adding Wantagh and not the rest of the town teams. I watched the Tribe play last year and this fall in a bunch of Tournaments. I didn't think they had players that played on other travel teams. Also appologies if I left out other Travel Teams. Trying to remember all the LI Teams is tough..
But feel free to add to the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset and smithtown are the two
Best town teams on LI at this age hands Down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i suggest leaving town teams out of this discussion and have them prove who is the best on the field at the various town team tournaments that will be commencing in a few months. on any given day, a top notch travel team will beat the best town team, most towns just don't have the quality in all the positions, strong in some but not all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hands down?? Smithtown East or west?? Combined absolutely, but that doesn't count. Three village, GC, Commack Northport and Mt Sinai are just as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jester's A the same team that went to [lacrosse]'s? If so, surprised to see such a high ranking. A lot of teams that finished higher than Jesters are not even the best team in their Not Hot Bed areas - if so, this bodes well for the rest of the Country and Canada - other posts on the Dicks thread suggested that they were a B team

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

If you weren't there you have no idea what your talking about. Teams 2 through 20 were all competitive teams. 20 through 28 not so much. Madlax was a national team and head and shoulders above rest. The amount of OT and one goal games tells the story of similar competition.

What team your kid play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

If you weren't there you have no idea what your talking about. Teams 2 through 20 were all competitive teams. 20 through 28 not so much. Madlax was a national team and head and shoulders above rest. The amount of OT and one goal games tells the story of similar competition.

In fact, here is a post from the Jesters thread "Father of a madlax player here. Jesters were talented and played well. I think they were up early in the game. The goalie made som very nice saves early on from what I recall. Our boys were bigger, more physical and won more ground balls. Not sure if Jesters were younger, but it was a decent game and no reason for the Jesters not to feel good about it. They were perhaps the most skilled team we played, but there were others who were more physical." (Anonymous - 1/2014)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hands down?? Smithtown East or west?? Combined absolutely, but that doesn't count. Three village, GC, Commack Northport and Mt Sinai are just as good.

Town is just about over for these kids anyway - so let's leave them out. And I would bet a few of the better kids on the town teams are heading to one of the LI Catholics next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Town teams are beatable by the better clubs, primarily because many of the better players from those towns play for the better clubs.

Every town program has to contend with parent coaches and/or school district coaches, all of whom bring varying levels of cronyism and nepotism to the field. Of course some private clubs have the same issues, but having done both, the private clubs have nowhere near the same level of unfairness and incompetence shown by our town program.

Best to rank the town teams separately, although I don't disagree that Syosset and Smithtown probably rank in the top half of that list depending on the day and who shows up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

If you're questioning the Jesters talent level, go on the jester tryout thread and see what a madlax parent thought of them. Also, as has been said here before, if you or your son have something to prove, have your Coach or Director call the Jesters and book a game. 2018 Black will play anybody, anytime, anywhere. You won't book a game though, you'd rather run your mouth on here from afar and bad mouth 13 year old boys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown has a 2018 town team made up of east and west kids. Many extreme and terps kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about the Jesters is taking away from the U-13 Team of the Tournament(forget Madlax National and their director/coach)

I am talking about the Grand River Ironmen. This group beat every single team which finished 3rd-9th enroute to their 2nd place finish.

In Pool Play they had wins over eventual:
4th place - Jr Mammoth 8-2
5th place - Red Devil United 6-5
6th place - Tampa Elite 4-3
7th place - Cannons Select 8-3

In Bracket Play they had wins over eventual:
9th place - Team Minnesota 13-6
8th place - Ironclads 11-9
3rd place - FCA 11-5

They did not face a single cupcake the whole weekend

Games between eventual 2-8 were all competitive - most other teams had at least 1 blowout loss to one of these teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Team LI White
Terps
91 Orange
Jesters
fl$
Outlaws
Wolverines
Tomahawks

1. 91 Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. fl$
4. 91 Orange
5. Jesters A
6. Express Wolverines
7. Outlaws A
8. Wantagh Tribe
9. Tomahawks
10. Legacy A
11. Express Piranhas
12. Outlaws B
13. 91 White
14. Recon
15. Threshers
16. Legacy B
17. Jesters B
18. Checkmate
19. Lax Warriors
20. Hitmen
21. 91 Stampede

can't go by last year, several of the 3 and below teams had a lot of player changes. i believe fl$ picked up several who are capable of making extreme or terps but would rather get more play time which is what fl$ is all about.

Can't go by last year but you go by the rumor that they have "new" players that could have gone to Terps or Extreme??

Come on!

They also lost some very good players who did go to other top teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I am submitting a variation on the top Long Island club/town thread above. This one is my attempt at January power rankings for the 2018 teams (and TLI). This is based on Summer and Fall play, and is only based on the club teams I saw over that time, so no West Coast Stars or Madlax, for example - feel free to add them or others that you saw/played, but your list has to be 20 teams. This is entirely subjective, and meant to spark a friendly discussion on the top 20 teams. Below are my top 20 - feel free to post yours.

1. 91 Xtreme
2. Crabs
3. Victor
4. Team Long Island
5. Dukes
6. Superstar 365
7. Express Terps
8. Prime Time - Westchester
9. Bucks Select Red
10. Laxachusetts Black
11. Tri State
12. 91 Orange
13. Annapolis Hawks
14. NJ Patriots
15. 3D New England
16. Jesters
17. Texas Mustangs
18. NH Tomahawks
19. Baltimore Breakers
20. fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Post
All this talk about the Jesters is taking away from the U-13 Team of the Tournament(forget Madlax National and their director/coach)

I am talking about the Grand River Ironmen. This group beat every single team which finished 3rd-9th enroute to their 2nd place finish.

In Pool Play they had wins over eventual:
4th place - Jr Mammoth 8-2
5th place - Red Devil United 6-5
6th place - Tampa Elite 4-3
7th place - Cannons Select 8-3

In Bracket Play they had wins over eventual:
9th place - Team Minnesota 13-6
8th place - Ironclads 11-9
3rd place - FCA 11-5

They did not face a single cupcake the whole weekend

Games between eventual 2-8 were all competitive - most other teams had at least 1 blowout loss to one of these teams

Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard