BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Oyster Bay Lacrosse League Turkey Shootout
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Why is it so expensive to play in this tournament and in the Oyster Bay Lacrosse League?. They do not have to pay for fields.
Mike Chanenchuk runs the Oyster bay Lacrosse league and tournaments and lives in Suffolk County. He is making tons of money on the taxpayers of Oyster Bay . Can someone explain why?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League Turkey Shootout
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxfan14
Why is it so expensive to play in this tournament and in the Oyster Bay Lacrosse League?. They do not have to pay for fields.
Mike Chanenchuk runs the Oyster bay Lacrosse league and tournaments and lives in Suffolk County. He is making tons of money on the taxpayers of Oyster Bay . Can someone explain why?
Cannot explain the pricing, but sure can see that this tournament is gone from BOTC which has never happened. Is this tournament cancelled?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cannot explain the pricing, but sure can see that this tournament is gone from BOTC which has never happened. Is this tournament cancelled?
I came here to get details and the tournament was no longer being recommended. So, our club will take our sixth graders over to the Riptide Fall Brawl event instead. Thanks BOTC for the information.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Can you tell me where the tournament is being held? Meanwhile I will check to see his corporate status. Key to your argument is where is the venue, as there are laws that govern the use of public property. I raise this question because you are claiming that this event is profiting from the taxpayers and I do not believe that is kosher.

I will look forward to your reply. I have extensive successful experience in dealing with nefarious youth sports promoters before.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC can confirm that this tournament is "on".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The fields for the Turkey Shootout Tournament have not been named as far as BOTC has been told. Note that the Oyster Bay Lacrosse League season is a seperate event from the Thanksgiving tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like $750 is alot of money for 3 games!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$750 may be a little high but hoffstra (2 weeks ago) was $800 and the Yale bulldog tournament is $1000 (nov 12)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, but they may be paying for the fields- Someone is stealing and yes that is the word from the TOB taxpayers. The fields are free, and the refs get 50 a game.
750-200 ref fees= 550 bucks lets say there are 20 teams. Do the math, and send the check East Setauket. Ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, but they may be paying for the fields- Someone is stealing and yes that is the word from the TOB taxpayers. The fields are free, and the refs get 50 a game.
750-200 ref fees= 550 bucks lets say there are 20 teams. Do the math, and send the check East Setauket. Ridiculous

How is it possible to get the fields for free? Is there no permit fee? What prevents a group of soccer players getting there first and taking over the fields? What about liability? I think you need to provide better proof. Accusing someone of stealing taxpayer money is a serious allegation. This is a situation where it is very possible an instigator is hiding behind "Anonymous"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your kid did not make the cut with Express. Life is too short to be jealous and miserable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is right,and my kid is on Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How exactly is this considered stealing? Is your reasoning that the fields are free then the tournament should be free? All these tournaments are money making ventures, even the not for profit and fund raising/benifit tournaments are disguised money makers. Whoever this person is has a right to try to charge whatever they want and try to make a profit. If they charge too much, no one will register. The only question here is if they have the proper permission to use the fields. If they have permission and there is no fee, who are you to put them under public arrest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you bring the Express into this. No one mentioned the express organization. The Oyster Bay Lacrosse league Directors are different people, besides Chanenchuk.
They are advertising the tournament being played in Massapequa on Town of Oyster Bay Fields.
I'm not jealous, just curious on how Mike Chanenchuk gets to profit at the taxpayers expense. He charged 2000 per team last year in the spring. Who got all the money? Did the Oyster Bay League directors get it?
Anonymous or not,these are fair questions.
Last time I checked Setauket was in Suffolk .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not jealous, just curious on how Mike Chanenchuk gets to profit at the taxpayers expense. He charged 2000 per team last year in the spring. Who got all the money? Did the Oyster Bay League directors get it?
Anonymous or not,these are fair questions.
Last time I checked Setauket was in Suffolk .
Can I ask a simple question? Why is it that someone who lives in Suffolk cannot earn a living in Nassau? Before you answer that question, think of the LIRR on any morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes clearly the man is making major bank off this. My kid is on the express(for now). Probably the same reason his son was removed from princeton. We are all catching on CHANNY

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have 7 seasons experience with Travel Lacrosse and I have never joined the Express. I paid for a tryout 3 years ago, my son made the orange team but we went elsewhere. I know people with very good and very bad Express stories.

How does this forum substantiate accusations toward Mike Chanenchuk? Where is the proof? This has the potential of becoming a legal issue similar to when the Barracuda thread got out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If people dont like this stuff just dont play in the tournament. People stop being sensitive and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 429lax
I have 7 seasons experience with Travel Lacrosse and I have never joined the Express. I paid for a tryout 3 years ago, my son made the orange team but we went elsewhere. I know people with very good and very bad Express stories.

How does this forum substantiate accusations toward Mike Chanenchuk? Where is the proof? This has the potential of becoming a legal issue similar to when the Barracuda thread got out of hand.

Discussions like these, where anonymous people start to slander specific people on the internet walks a fine legal line. I am familiar with past issues on back of the net where legal actions were taken. On one side the anonymous poster is only anonomous to other readers, not to BOTC. The next responsibilities come from the moderator, which I'm sure they screen much of the slander they feel would incur legal issues. You sometimes see posters complain that their posts were missing or content edited. What your left with is seen here. Point is, you are not truely anonymous, think before you post.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC has a question for you. What was the accusation made against anyone? There has been discussion as to how fields in Nassau County have been procured. Second, there have been questions about why Nassau County for the OBLL events than hosting those same events in Suffolk County. There has been a discussion of the cost of this tournament relative to some other events in the same time period.

There is no legal issue here just as there was no legal issue related to the Barracudas.

Discussions like these, where anonymous people start to slander specific people on the internet walks a fine legal line.
The law is quite clear on this front. The actual author of content is responsible for their own content. However, the bottom line here is that we have allowed the discussion and quite frankly, nothing slanderous has been stated. More importantly, the discussion has thus far indicated that everything is on the "up and up" since there has been nothing presented to the contrary.

I am familiar with past issues on back of the net where legal actions were taken.
You are? Exactly when would that have been?

On one side the anonymous poster is only anonomous to other readers, not to BOTC. The next responsibilities come from the moderator, which I'm sure they screen much of the slander they feel would incur legal issues.
Understand that one of the challenges with moderation is honestly that some posters might have more knowledge of a topic or situation than we have in the BOTC back offices. We tend to err on the side of removing questionable content based in our views.

You sometimes see posters complain that their posts were missing or content edited. What your left with is seen here. Point is, you are not truely anonymous, think before you post.
If you look at the number of posts that are removed from the board, that number is less than 0.40% (Fewer than 1 in 250 posts). If you throw in the posts where we need to remove a reference, we are less than 0.75% in total. The problem is that these moderation edits run in streaks on a given topic; they are not a constant issue across all discussions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless it reads differently, because sometimes it hard to get the tone from text message/email, the post was defending and supporting BOTC and the moderation. And yes I am certain of the legal action that was taken several years back, not going to air it out on some internet thread. Trying to represent a rational veiw on the public lynching of some guy and tournament that I don't even know. I will keep my two cents out at this point, because obviously people have high emotions on the topic. Good day.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The first post #4673 by laxfan14 suggests that OBLL is circumventing TOB field fees. Larry M. seems to have understood this the same way in post #5006. Post #5048 states "someone is stealing and yes that is the word from the TOB taxpayers" - c'mon man. Post #5061 is just a cheap shot.

BOTC has called out the post about legal action being taken in the past on Back of the Net. Your response suggests you now have to defend yourself against a false accusation. Likewise, I'm saying give me proof field fees were not paid.

My question to BOTC is what can be done, if anything, to stop unsubstantiated allegations?

Not for nothing, the ugly barracuda discussions did stop when someone posted the NYS penal code regarding internet postings.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 429lax
My question to BOTC is what can be done, if anything, to stop unsubstantiated allegations?
BOTC will hold posts (as opposed to deleting them) if we need to do some research first. If you look at this thread, the original post was from October 18th and we held it for several days to check the facts. In short, we have not found any chicanery here. Thanks for your post, 429lax.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC can confirm that this tournament is "on".
Please note that BOTC will be covering this event during November with games to be held on November 25th and November 26th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by BOTC letting this conversation take place. Nice to see also that the tournament is part of the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not a fan of chanachuck, but you have to admit it, he works his tail off to offer kids the opportunity to play lax. and until someone steps up and offers a better product he will continue to make our $$$. so, unless you are the one who is going to step up, then shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way I see it ( and yes my son played for the Express) is Mike is a LACROSSE guy through and through NOT a business man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I see it from someone that has children play on several different club teams and has been fortunate enough to have children play for him. MC is a coach,mentor,recruiter,guidance counselor,therapist,and business man.May not be for everyone but many D1 players can Thank him and mnay D1 coaches also can say the same.
Looking forward to some good competition at the Turkey Shootout!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As I see it from someone that has children play on several different club teams and has been fortunate enough to have children play for him. MC is a coach,mentor,recruiter,guidance counselor,therapist,and business man.May not be for everyone but many D1 players can Thank him and mnay D1 coaches also can say the same.

I could not agree with you more well said. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him and the Express organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
I could not agree with you more well said. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him and the Express organization.
All the more reason for additional teams to register for this Thanksgiving tournament. Mike has gained a reputation of respect and should be able to help create an excellent tournament environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is from the kissing [lacrosse] being done, that your kids are the friend of a friend, that we get stuch with every year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son trained very hard and worked out an hour day from the beginning of August until tryouts. We signed him up for 3 and he made the 2 he attended. We chose LI Express after I researched the coaches from both teams, spoke to people in the industry and looked at what was best for him. Yes lots of kissing, hugging and support. Prior to tryouts I never met anyone from the Express, so far we are very happy. Communication from the Express and the team have been terrific, practicing at least once a week, 2 tournaments so far and my son is happy. Yes lots of kissing of the A..... Sometimes hard work pays off on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What color is hr on Orange, Blue or White?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There are no colors this year in the 2017 they are going by names, after the turtles there are 2 A teams this year and then 1 B team, he is on one of the A teams, they went 4 - 0 this weekend at Skull n Bones and won the 2017 division. Coaches are great, very good players. will be nice to see them play together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you found a perfect spot for your kid,good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son trained very hard and worked out an hour day from the beginning of August until tryouts. We signed him up for 3 and he made the 2 he attended. We chose LI Express after I researched the coaches from both teams, spoke to people in the industry and looked at what was best for him. Yes lots of kissing, hugging and support. Prior to tryouts I never met anyone from the Express, so far we are very happy. Communication from the Express and the team have been terrific, practicing at least once a week, 2 tournaments so far and my son is happy. Yes lots of kissing of the A..... Sometimes hard work pays off on and off the field.

Hope you enjoy paying 2-3x for substandard coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Do you know the coaches? Have you seen the team practice? Have you seen them play? Are you a usla evaluator, a college coach or recruiter? Perhaps with all your insight you can give the President of the United States a call and fix the economy. When you make a statement make sure you can back it up, hiding behind "Anonymous" says it all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know the coaches? Have you seen the team practice? Have you seen them play? Are you a usla evaluator, a college coach or recruiter? Perhaps with all your insight you can give the President of the United States a call and fix the economy. When you make a statement make sure you can back it up, hiding behind "Anonymous" says it all!

That club is all about money, as everyone knows. Look at the tryout fees, which are outrageous. Real clubs are looking for the best talent and consequently don't charge fees in order to attract the biggest turnout possible.

LOL.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sometimes you pay for what you get.... so far so good! So where does your child play? Perhaps you can shed some light on youth lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

That club is all about money, as everyone knows. Look at the tryout fees, which are outrageous. Real clubs are looking for the best talent and consequently don't charge fees in order to attract the biggest turnout possible.

LOL.

please explain - if the tryout fees were outrageous then why did thy have such huge turnouts? and the talent level was outstanding - looks like the fake club did OK

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard