BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 132 of 327 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious how many girls were at the tryouts?

2012, 105

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just curious how many girls were at the tryouts?

2022 had about 44. Not sure about 2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]When do they typically post YJ 2021 and 2022 Teams (4th and 5th grade teams)?

Sunday December 22

Really. Why so long a wait?

They evaluators need time to discuss each player and look at the practice film.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 and 2022 rosters are up. can someone tell me how we know which is A and which is B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 kids on team? How do they get a chance to play?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skakandi is the Blue (A team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's par for the course. I think Top Guns is at 24 per team at the 2021 level.

I believe 2021 is Skakandi, Thorn TBA in that order

I would assume 2022 would be Manning, and TBA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids usually play half of each game. It actually works well as these summer tournaments are in the heat and the games are usually only an hour apart and they can play 4-5 on a given day. Check the other top travel team rosters and they have the same numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some have 28 consider yourself lucky, the other reality is that there are no tournaments where the 2022 they will be playing there own age groups and both the 2021 & 2022 will get beat up by 2020 teams at most tournaments, but its all part of the learning curve or at least thats the company line. The cash cow needs to eat - feed the machine and if you're a good soldier and attend all the clinics and camps and buy all the swag you might get CR to write a recruiting letter for you at the end of your yj career for a couple of thousand dollars. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at the rosters that have most Smithtown and Northport kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams are listed in order. If you are on the bottom expect to ride the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at the rosters that have most Smithtown and Northport kids

Par for the course. That is why you see the Nassau girls going to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2021 and 2022 rosters are up. can someone tell me how we know which is A and which is B?

For the 2022 Manning is the A coach. The B team doesnt have a coach or a goalie .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams are listed in order. If you are on the bottom expect to ride the bench.

Wow, that's awesome my daughter is listed in the top two on her team's roster. She is going to play every minute she must be the best on her team, my ego is finally satisfied............Oh wait a minute, her last name begins with an "A", and the rosters are in alphabetical order. Man you got my hopes up...lol

I guess the above poster has turned down the invitation to the YJ cause his/her daughter was always at the bottom of the roster and so blinded by ego, that they didn't realize that it was because their last name began with a "Z' or something like that.......lol........some people will say anything to be negative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some have 28 consider yourself lucky, the other reality is that there are no tournaments where the 2022 they will be playing there own age groups and both the 2021 & 2022 will get beat up by 2020 teams at most tournaments, but its all part of the learning curve or at least thats the company line. The cash cow needs to eat - feed the machine and if you're a good soldier and attend all the clinics and camps and buy all the swag you might get CR to write a recruiting letter for you at the end of your yj career for a couple of thousand dollars. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

I read your comment, and I understand the cash cow comment, but this entire travel lacrosse thing is a cash cow otherwise known as a business. It would be one thing if there were only one option, but there are several and the prices range for tuition and summer tourn entry. Anywhere from $900-1250 (YJ cost this year) to 1300 (top guns). As far as clinics go, they are all the same averaging from $40-60 per hour.

Bottom line is that whether your playing YJ, Liberty, Express, Team 91, Top Guns etc. You are looking at spending 1500-3000 depending on how many clinics and camps your child does and if they play fall/winter (and those who don't play fall remember you are probably still shelling out for their soccer clubs anyway).

Few most of us who can swing that kind of expense, we can also probably pay for college and like myself enjoy giving my child the opportunity to grow athletically through this game. Choosing where they play is just like any other consumer choice. The people who bash CR's cash cow are really sending personal attacks her way (I don't know her met her a few times, but I think she has a good product) so we chose this path for now. If my child progresses and enjoys it, then we stay. If it does not live up to expectations we go somewhere else.

Some of the comments on here remind me of an argument I heard that got heated between two rich snobs, one drove an Audi and the other a Mercedes. They got so heated and emotional over which car was superior, when neither could see they were both expensive and luxurious and only a wealthy person could afford either, and which one a person chooses to drive depends on which features appealed the most to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, that's awesome my daughter is listed in the top two on her team's roster. She is going to play every minute she must be the best on her team, my ego is finally satisfied............Oh wait a minute, her last name begins with an "A", and the rosters are in alphabetical order. Man you got my hopes up...lol

I guess the above poster has turned down the invitation to the YJ cause his/her daughter was always at the bottom of the roster and so blinded by ego, that they didn't realize that it was because their last name began with a "Z' or something like that.......lol........some people will say anything to be negative.

I think they meant that the bottom team roster would be considered the weakest team. Or the roster farthest to the right...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they meant that the bottom team roster would be considered the weakest team. Or the roster farthest to the right...

no they meant what they said. That if your kid was on the bottom of the roster. How would being on a weak team mean less aying time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if she did write a letter it would be worth more than anything TG has to offer, other than the executive path to Hofstra .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind the YJ 2021's did pretty well in their tournaments against the 2020's last summer. Stop hating and just enjoy the holiday. Let the kids sort it out on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- Russell/Manning is the "A" or "Blue" team.
- TBA will be the "B" or "Yellow" team, and is a team with all new players

- Skakandi is the "Blue" team, or "A" team from last year
- Thorn is the "Yellow" team, or "B" team (for now)
- TBA is the newly added team, and mostly new players to the program. They will be considered by the parents as the "C" team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For now..... Wait until Thorn schools everybody in how to get the best out of her girls. Look at what she's done for us at ESM over the past few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no they meant what they said. That if your kid was on the bottom of the roster. How would being on a weak team mean less aying time?

No what was meant was that if you are one of the weakest on your team, no matter which one, you will ride the bench. And I've seen it. They play to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if she did write a letter it would be worth more than anything TG has to offer, other than the executive path to Hofstra .

Which is a lot better than the executive path to Northport and there 1 state title. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For now..... Wait until Thorn schools everybody in how to get the best out of her girls. Look at what she's done for us at ESM over the past few years.

Agreed 100%. Skakandi had choked in big games with CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is a lot better than the executive path to Northport and there 1 state title. LOL.

Exactly how many State titles does West Bab have?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

...you might get CR to write a recruiting letter for you at the end of your yj career for a couple of thousand dollars. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

And if she did write a letter it would be worth more than anything TG has to offer, other than the executive path to Hofstra . [/quote]

Which is a lot better than the executive path to Northport and there 1 state title. LOL. [/quote]

Exactly how many State titles does West Bab have? [/quote]

1. SS never coached WBab;
2. At least TG isn't charging for the club's recruiting support, aka letter writing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to laugh at the venom spewed by 2021/2022 parents/players. My daughter is a 2013 YJ graduate that is playing in college and is loving both playing and school. I don't recall the attitudes I see on this website when she started playing--has it become this bad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would be one lucky girl to be playing for Becky Thorn! She is one of the best coaches YJ has!!! I would want my daughter to be on that B team!! I was disappointed she wasn't coaching the blue team for 2022... And no I'm not from ESM! Thorn coaches my older daughter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No what was meant was that if you are one of the weakest on your team, no matter which one, you will ride the bench. And I've seen it. They play to win.

So if you are on a weak team then who plays if every kid the weak team rides the bench. Someone has to play. You could be the best kid on a weak team, then you wil see plenty of time. You only make sense to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are talking about 9 and 10 year old girls!! Get a life!! If you have problems now then just quit! Who is playing... You or your daughter?? Stop living through them!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know coach Thorn as last year was our first with the YJ organization. Coach Skakandi was fantastic and all of the girls received balanced playing time. There was little emphasis placed on winning every game, although this team won a tournament and made the finals and semi-finals in two others while playing mostly 2020 teams. They are a very talented group of young girls. I wish the best to all three 2021 YJ teams as that will make this age group stronger as they get to the older age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely inaccurate for the 2021 Skakandi team last year. 100% balanced playing time in all four tournaments in every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely inaccurate. at least a third of the Skakandi 2021 team is from outside of suffolk county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder you are so clueless. Yes SS nor her father has ever coached any collegiate or high school team to any championship ever. Northport has had one of the most successful lacrosse programs on long island and has won more championships than any of your TG coaches can even think about.If you do not think you are paying TG for help in the recruiting process it just shows how blind you are. Hofstra is one of the worst values for your money in higher education .Go take a look at the latest recruits and compare , YJ 8 kids going to top 30 ranked schools , TG has 1. Maybe you guys should start paying to get your coaches more involved in the recruiting process or just be happy with going to 135 ranked school with the gorgeous campus in such a great college town. When you try to compare coaches from YJ to TG you just look foolish, look at the Long Island championship teams from the past season and let me know what travel club they coach in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you're on the 3rd team no one will care. Play and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder you are so clueless. Yes SS nor her father has ever coached any collegiate or high school team to any championship ever. Northport has had one of the most successful lacrosse programs on long island and has won more championships than any of your TG coaches can even think about.If you do not think you are paying TG for help in the recruiting process it just shows how blind you are. Hofstra is one of the worst values for your money in higher education .Go take a look at the latest recruits and compare , YJ 8 kids going to top 30 ranked schools , TG has 1. Maybe you guys should start paying to get your coaches more involved in the recruiting process or just be happy with going to 135 ranked school with the gorgeous campus in such a great college town. When you try to compare coaches from YJ to TG you just look foolish, look at the Long Island championship teams from the past season and let me know what travel club they coach in.

So much hate, it's sad. Take a week off for the holidays and go back to hating next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you're on the 3rd team no one will care. Play and have fun.

Not true. Check past commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much hate, it's sad. Take a week off for the holidays and go back to hating next week.

Yes I hate when people write things that are just completely ignorant at the expense of people and coaches who have done so many good things for so many young girls on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I hate when people write things that are just completely ignorant at the expense of people and coaches who have done so many good things for so many young girls on Long Island.

Some TG commit schools are Duke, Boston College, Navy, Dartmouth, Cornell, UPenn, Northwestern, Georgetown, UVA. Seem like top schools to me. As the poster claiming TG has no top schools in their commit list illustrates..."stupid is as stupid does".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some TG commit schools are Duke, Boston College, Navy, Dartmouth, Cornell, UPenn, Northwestern, Georgetown, UVA. Seem like top schools to me. As the poster claiming TG has no top schools in their commit list illustrates..."stupid is as stupid does".

You know what's stupid is when you call people stupid. The post stated latest commits which would probably mean 2016. There is no comparison at the 2016 age group , maybe TG will get more top 30 school commits in the future but said now just 1 2016. Try reading the whole post before you reply Mr. Gump.

Like Reply Quote
Page 132 of 327 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard