BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,552
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 144 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are clueless!!! Sorry your list is wrong not going to mention names (naming kids should be off limits)but some of them play for Set and not Chaminade. Most of the rest would not have started at Set. Again most of the best players in Set stay there. Why is that so bad or difficult to understand. You obviously don't live there or you would know better. Let it be. They are all great kids. It doesn't matter.

At least 2 if not 3 on that list of Manhasset kids will start for Chaminade's varsity this coming Spring. These are big losses for a school as small as Set. Every year it's an uphill battle for Set to piece together at every position on the field. Set will run up the stats and their record will be decievinly good against lynbrook, floral park etc. but will increasingly have a tough time against virtual county all-star teams like Chammy and in other games against great competition. Witness last year's County final aginst GC - over in the first 5 min. And I agree, not all of the kids on the list went (or currently attend) Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Set will be fine ....just ask GC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset beat GC last year, they split the season series. Also, GC is a much bigger school - based on public stats, GC has 1,152 students vs. Manhasset's 785 (seems low).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset beat GC last year, they split the season series. Also, GC is a much bigger school - based on public stats, GC has 1,152 students vs. Manhasset's 785 (seems low).
Woodstick was a fluke - GC was asleep and took for granted that Set was not a strong team. One middie had the game of his career for Set. The County final showed the level that both teams were really at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the chip on your shoulder about Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like "Quality Manhasset laxers at Chaminade: Fact or Fiction" need its own thread. How come the Garden City and RVC dads aren't whining about Chaminade defectors who really aren't good enough to play for their school team? I guess I better take the Chaminade lax sticker of the SUV before it gets keyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the reality of it is Manhasset kids that go to Chaminade aren't going to play there. They will make the team but they aren't going to play much if at all. They would not have played at Set either. Why because for the last couple years the best lax players from Set stay at Set. There is no reason for them to go to elsewhere. It's very simple and continues to be the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Woodstick was a fluke - GC was asleep and took for granted that Set was not a strong team. One middie had the game of his career for Set. The County final showed the level that both teams were really at.

I was at both games and the County Championship was a fluke - Manhasset was asleep and took for granted that GC was not a strong team. One middie had the game of his career for GC. The Woodstick showed the level that both teams were really at. na na na na na - we are rubber baby and your glue, it bounces off us and sticks to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Upsets are what makes sports in general great events. GC was supposed to win but they lost, so Manhasset was better on that day. Don't make excuses, accept the loss and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Upsets are what makes sports in general great events. GC was supposed to win but they lost, so Manhasset was better on that day. Don't make excuses, accept the loss and move on.

What would you rather have? County/L.I./State Champs or Woodstick? Na na na n na...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like "Quality Manhasset laxers at Chaminade: Fact or Fiction" need its own thread. How come the Garden City and RVC dads aren't whining about Chaminade defectors who really aren't good enough to play for their school team? I guess I better take the Chaminade lax sticker of the SUV before it gets keyed.

Agree. You certainly don't play at Chaminade because you have no other options. I can think of two kids current collegiate players right now from GC (one at Harvard and one at Yale) who opted for Chaminade over GC High. They not only would have played at GC but been superstars......and there are many, many others. The real positive is the choices available for the kids...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other factor not mentioned is, have you been to GC ?? All the girls are pale with red hair and freckles I'd opt for all boys too given those choices

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What would you rather have? County/L.I./State Champs or Woodstick? Na na na n na...

Who cares. It is an Express thread and nobody is interested in a high school game from 6 months ago. Talk about something relevant. Like did you see Channy's new 2020 NYC team or the 2018 Terps got humbled a bit - but will bounce back. Etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other factor not mentioned is, have you been to GC ?? All the girls are pale with red hair and freckles I'd opt for all boys too given those choices

The good news is you're priced out of GC (and Manhasset) and can't afford Chaminade, so your kids don't have to worry about it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. It is an Express thread and nobody is interested in a high school game from 6 months ago. Talk about something relevant. Like did you see Channy's new 2020 NYC team or the 2018 Terps got humbled a bit - but will bounce back. Etc

Is the NYC team only for 2020? Were these players on Express last year and chose to form a team that may practice closer to home?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good news is you're priced out of GC (and Manhasset) and can't afford Chaminade, so your kids don't have to worry about it!

Said the red heads dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these d-bags have something against the Irish? How about you come down to Murphy's on a Friday night and open your mouth. Punk! Sorry had to say it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
these d-bags have something against the Irish? How about you come down to Murphy's on a Friday night and open your mouth. Punk! Sorry had to say it.
This has gone off the rails far enough now.

Anyone who posts a follow-up with any further ethnic references will be banned without further warning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the invites went out for last week's 2015 and 2016 tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just sent out. Does anyone know how many teams or the quality of the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too am wondering how many 2016 teams Express has?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know team order ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barracudas first team
Piranhas second team
Terps third team

Also heard they took over 35 to 40 kids on the barracudas why would they do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barracudas first team
Piranhas second team
Terps third team

Also heard they took over 35 to 40 kids on the barracudas why would they do that.

THAT TEAM WILL BE SPLIT INTO AN A AND B JUST LIKE TERPS AND TERPS BLACK....= ....MO' MONEY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there are 4 2016 teams and one has 40 kids??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the size of the Pirhana and Terps teams? Someone commented that Terps will be Terps and Terps Black, so is this a big group also and getting split again like last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were mistakes in email invites. It will be interesting to see what happens. There were kids who were invited to Barracudas that didn't make that team. I guess that's why there were so many on it. There were kids that didn't make their high school team that made the cudas so that doesn't make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which team is the Top 2019 team for the express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolverines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express hosting a Tournament this year? I have heard some talk about something in the summer of 2014. good luck. hopefully all the MD Clubs return the favor and send some teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express hosting a Tournament this year? I have heard some talk about something in the summer of 2014. good luck. hopefully all the MD Clubs return the favor and send some teams.

On the 91 website, some of their teams are going to the LI Express Clash on 6/28 & 6/29. Of course being an Express parent, I would expect 91 to have that info first. Go figure..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolverines

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolverines weak team. Didn't win a single championship during 2013 summer travel season. They lost some stringer players in the fall to other programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolverines weak team. Didn't win a single championship during 2013 summer travel season. They lost some stringer players in the fall to other programs

This keeps popping up. Why is a team considered a weak team if they do not win a championship? Werent they in very strong tournaments and generally when they lost it was by a few goals. How many LI teams actually won tournaments. How do other teams compare to Express that 91 O and Dune Dawgs played. Are they that much better than Express to label Wolverines a weak team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the 91 website, some of their teams are going to the LI Express Clash on 6/28 & 6/29. Of course being an Express parent, I would expect 91 to have that info first. Go figure..

It's the sister tournament to the Big4 champions league that is being played the week before at Penn Charter HS in Philly. Both tournaments are limited to 8 top teams with a 5 game guarantee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone get any news from the 2nd express tryout? My daughter tried out, but we haven't heard. She also made YJ yellow (2nd team), but I wanted to know where she ended up with Express before we committed to YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 terps are better then the wolverines this year. They should be the A team. They will not play the terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone get any news from the 2nd express tryout? My daughter tried out, but we haven't heard. She also made YJ yellow (2nd team), but I wanted to know where she ended up with Express before we committed to YJ.

Tough decision. You could have your daughter play on Express and in a year explain to her that the directors don't really care about girls and that boys are much more important or you could have her play in 2nd YJ team and in a year you can explain to her that the game is about winning at all costs and she will never be on the top team if she is not politically connected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough decision. You could have your daughter play on Express and in a year explain to her that the directors don't really care about girls and that boys are much more important or you could have her play in 2nd YJ team and in a year you can explain to her that the game is about winning at all costs and she will never be on the top team if she is not politically connected.

Well I guess it will be Yellow Jackets, since there are three teams in her age division and she is on the 2nd team, and her YJ coach is a top notch HS coach (a varsity coach with championships who gets the most out of her players), so
her team will get outstanding instruction. Making winning a priority isn't necessarily a bad thing. After speaking to a few parents who have had this same coach, my decision has been made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone from Express please let us know when people will start being notified as to when we can expect to hear the results of the last tryout? We were told 'after chistmas' at the clinic, but that's a pretty big window. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 144 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard