Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 06:17 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 06:04 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:57 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:57 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,157
Posts341,841
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 187 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 186 187
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
CageSage #50055 12/18/13 06:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great info from Brine - Thanks for advocating Sage

Is similar available for the Middle School tryout?


BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
CageSage #50056 12/18/13 06:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Brine National Lacrosse Classic - Selection Process

The Brine regional tryout and selection process is standardized as follows:

1. Limit the total number of players
2. 3 hour time limit
3. No player data provided to coaches
4. Jersey numbers are not pre-assigned
5. 10:1 player coach ratio
6. Divide players by positions in to smaller team groups
7. Rotate team groups to drill stations: 1v1, 2v3, 4v4, half field and full field transition
8. Assign evaluators to drill stations
9. Provide evaluators with master player check in list to contain position and jersey number only
10. High school coaches cannot vote for their own players or biological children
11. Player selection is by unanimous vote

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50057 12/18/13 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's a potential problem with the very early commits we are seeing. The kids (and they are kids still) have an expectation both athletically and academically to continue to be a top prospect for the next 4 years of high school. Admit it or not, it is a lot of pressure for most to handle. When they leave high school the real pressure cooker starts. Division 1 athletics is a grind - and yes I know from personal experience. It is very rewarding but it is ultimately a full time job along with studies. So a kid who commits to a top school in 9th grade has 4 years that he has to "perform" because he is expected to as an early commit and then has to continue on an even bigger stage with better, stronger competition. Overall that's 8 years of a tough grind. I know some kids handle it fine, but I would think for others the idea of an early commit and "now I don't have to worry" is shortsighted. You have to ask yourself and your son " Are we committing just to say we committed or are we committing because the school, the program, the offer is everything we could hope for and more? Just one man's thoughts.



Really well thought out, I could not agree more. The "paper chase" of a D1 scholarship is fleeting. No matter what these kids need to keep their grades up because it is their grades that will determine where they go and BTW lots of these schools give more merit aid based on their grades than they may get from a 1/4 D1 scholarship.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50059 12/18/13 07:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great info from Brine - Thanks for advocating Sage

Is similar available for the Middle School tryout?
Apologies however we do not have any additional material exclusively targeted at Middle School players, but the subject did come up during our teleconference. We did discuss the fact that Grades 6 through 8 were grouped together which might have fed some of the posts that you have seen here on BOTC with younger players facing players 24+ months older in the Middle School bracket. This is something that the event will look into potentially changing going forward.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
CageSage #50066 12/19/13 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While the MS bracket is open to 6th-8th grade players, it takes a VERY special player to make this sort of team as a 6th grader. The tryout should be open to these players.

Shame on the 6th grade parents who bring their children to this and then complain that the 8th graders are too old, too big and too strong. Parents should know better.

Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great info from Brine - Thanks for advocating Sage

Is similar available for the Middle School tryout?
Apologies however we do not have any additional material exclusively targeted at Middle School players, but the subject did come up during our teleconference. We did discuss the fact that Grades 6 through 8 were grouped together which might have fed some of the posts that you have seen here on BOTC with younger players facing players 24+ months older in the Middle School bracket. This is something that the event will look into potentially changing going forward.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50068 12/19/13 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
I'm not sure how your concern relates to the proposal. The situation that you describe exists today at the HS level, only it is worse because the comparison "Freshman" may be 16 yo. The proposal would not effect those seeking PG yrs- the late bloomers (Rob Pannell, for example). PG is a real option, the offer's exist as you describe, and, for a late bloomer, they represent a real opportunity vs. none at all.
You may have a legitimate concern at the youth level since states have varying school year cut offs, and currently NY is 3 months out of alignment with the USLacrosse age guidelines. Not sure how to resolve, but I think the proposal still has merit and is better than the status quo.


Don't you have a job? All you do is post around the Internet on multiple forums bragging about your son's Madlax team. Weird.


And you spend all day reading the above mentioned forums...weird


Actually, I don't. But whenever I come to this forum (and others), I see that guy posting all the time, so I assume he must visit/post on these boards every day. Bizarre, but I guess some guys live their lives through their kids. I guess he doesn't mind that the Madlax owner is a nightmare.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50077 12/19/13 12:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 51
V
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
V
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 51
Now the agenda is clear.

For others, I don't use this screen name anywhere else.

Let's try the Golden Rule, shall we? Anything of substance to add?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
I'm not sure how your concern relates to the proposal. The situation that you describe exists today at the HS level, only it is worse because the comparison "Freshman" may be 16 yo. The proposal would not effect those seeking PG yrs- the late bloomers (Rob Pannell, for example). PG is a real option, the offer's exist as you describe, and, for a late bloomer, they represent a real opportunity vs. none at all.
You may have a legitimate concern at the youth level since states have varying school year cut offs, and currently NY is 3 months out of alignment with the USLacrosse age guidelines. Not sure how to resolve, but I think the proposal still has merit and is better than the status quo.


Don't you have a job? All you do is post around the Internet on multiple forums bragging about your son's Madlax team. Weird.


And you spend all day reading the above mentioned forums...weird


Actually, I don't. But whenever I come to this forum (and others), I see that guy posting all the time, so I assume he must visit/post on these boards every day. Bizarre, but I guess some guys live their lives through their kids. I guess he doesn't mind that the Madlax owner is a nightmare.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
VaLaxDad #50083 12/19/13 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
Now the agenda is clear.

For others, I don't use this screen name anywhere else.

Let's try the Golden Rule, shall we? Anything of substance to add?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
I'm not sure how your concern relates to the proposal. The situation that you describe exists today at the HS level, only it is worse because the comparison "Freshman" may be 16 yo. The proposal would not effect those seeking PG yrs- the late bloomers (Rob Pannell, for example). PG is a real option, the offer's exist as you describe, and, for a late bloomer, they represent a real opportunity vs. none at all.
You may have a legitimate concern at the youth level since states have varying school year cut offs, and currently NY is 3 months out of alignment with the USLacrosse age guidelines. Not sure how to resolve, but I think the proposal still has merit and is better than the status quo.


Don't you have a job? All you do is post around the Internet on multiple forums bragging about your son's Madlax team. Weird.


And you spend all day reading the above mentioned forums...weird


Actually, I don't. But whenever I come to this forum (and others), I see that guy posting all the time, so I assume he must visit/post on these boards every day. Bizarre, but I guess some guys live their lives through their kids. I guess he doesn't mind that the Madlax owner is a nightmare.


Just observing that seemingly every one of your posts is an apology for the Madlax owner's behavior. What are you going to do when your son leaves the nest?

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50087 12/19/13 02:38 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 51
V
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
V
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 51
Yawn, Mr Anon. I have not excused his behavior. Quote me, since you have all day to research my posts.

I have been transparent in my intentions. How about you?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
Now the agenda is clear.

For others, I don't use this screen name anywhere else.

Let's try the Golden Rule, shall we? Anything of substance to add?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
I'm not sure how your concern relates to the proposal. The situation that you describe exists today at the HS level, only it is worse because the comparison "Freshman" may be 16 yo. The proposal would not effect those seeking PG yrs- the late bloomers (Rob Pannell, for example). PG is a real option, the offer's exist as you describe, and, for a late bloomer, they represent a real opportunity vs. none at all.
You may have a legitimate concern at the youth level since states have varying school year cut offs, and currently NY is 3 months out of alignment with the USLacrosse age guidelines. Not sure how to resolve, but I think the proposal still has merit and is better than the status quo.


Don't you have a job? All you do is post around the Internet on multiple forums bragging about your son's Madlax team. Weird.


And you spend all day reading the above mentioned forums...weird


Actually, I don't. But whenever I come to this forum (and others), I see that guy posting all the time, so I assume he must visit/post on these boards every day. Bizarre, but I guess some guys live their lives through their kids. I guess he doesn't mind that the Madlax owner is a nightmare.


Just observing that seemingly every one of your posts is an apology for the Madlax owner's behavior. What are you going to do when your son leaves the nest?

Last edited by VaLaxDad; 12/19/13 02:49 PM.
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
VaLaxDad #50088 12/19/13 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is the team Mr Anon's son plays for was beaten badly by MadLax...he is bitter and now will complain about older players, unfair advantages...blah, blah, blah...

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
CageSage #50093 12/19/13 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are all the LONG ISLAND 2017 Teams Looking?

Express Orange
Team 91A
True Blue
fl$
Jesters
Team Long Island
Outlaws
Be the Best
Tomahawks
Checkmate
Millon Force
Recon
Pride

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50097 12/19/13 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are all the LONG ISLAND 2017 Teams Looking?

Express Orange
Team 91A
True Blue
fl$
Jesters
Team Long Island
Outlaws
Be the Best
Tomahawks
Checkmate
Millon Force
Recon
Pride


From a NJ person from what I saw in Fall tournaments:

- Turtles
- Team 91
- Express Orange
- everyone else

No way Express Orange is #1. In fact, all but Turtles had a few to several loses this Fall.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50100 12/20/13 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are all the LONG ISLAND 2017 Teams Looking?

Express Orange
Team 91A
True Blue
fl$
Jesters
Team Long Island
Outlaws
Be the Best
Tomahawks
Checkmate
Millon Force
Recon
Pride


From a NJ person from what I saw in Fall tournaments:

- Turtles
- Team 91
- Express Orange
- everyone else

No way Express Orange is #1. In fact, all but Turtles had a few to several loses this Fall.


Turtles were not unbeaten.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50110 12/20/13 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, maybe they can all battle it out at the Hershey Chocolate Shootout or some other kindergarten tournament??? Seriously guys, time to grow up, they are 14yrs old now. No coaches care if you run around dressed in your ninja turtle garanimals, claim to play solely "for the love of the game", or you're a pumlin-colored terp, a scary outlaw, a court jester or the big bad wolf. Focus on going to some showcase/ prospect camps ... and wear your high school helmet.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are all the LONG ISLAND 2017 Teams Looking?

Express Orange
Team 91A
True Blue
fl$
Jesters
Team Long Island
Outlaws
Be the Best
Tomahawks
Checkmate
Millon Force
Recon
Pride


From a NJ person from what I saw in Fall tournaments:

- Turtles
- Team 91
- Express Orange
- everyone else

No way Express Orange is #1. In fact, all but Turtles had a few to several loses this Fall.


Turtles were not unbeaten.

Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Anonymous #50112 12/20/13 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Years of entitlement are catching up to that team. They've already witnessed some defections. Just a matter of time before they blow up.

Page 82 of 187 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 186 187

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4