BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all cheaters, please name one kid who would have stood out in the summer 2016 Jake Reed camp. The answer is 0

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you find out when the college prospect days are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
christian marshall is a true freshman

Nice to here. The LSM from St.A's commited to Bucknell in also a true freshman and he is 14 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Will Rock, none of the top DC/MD kids have committed yet. The top players are still on the board. The families who pushed this are committed.

Two of them are lefty attackmen. The two top lefty attackmen on the VLC team remain on the board. And that is just one position. No Balt Crabs committed and the top VLC players are still on the board. It is very early and the best players from the two top teams are not committed. And that might remain the case for some time because many of them want to at least consider the Ivy League and Duke, neither of which breathes near 9th grade recruiting.

Ahem....you'd be surprised if you had a 2017kid going through the "process"; I assure you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed.
Congrats to the boys!

I guess I have a hard to time saying congrats - I don't know the facts, but there is a growing, disturbing trend which is the reclassifying game. It sure seems like a twisted arms race of sorts where if you don't chose to play the cards are stacked heavily against you.

Trust me.... We are all very tired of the "reclassified" situation. But let's not judge those who do so in order to help their kids. If i had a child whose only chance to compete against the best of Long island was to "reclassify; then maybe i would see things through their eyes. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

They will do as they must to remain competitive with the true LAX hot bed: Long Island

I personally know there are several (at least 7) LI true 14 yo 2017's who are in the process of choosing just who to commit to and they all understand that there is no race here. Their families understand that the real importance here is helping the players pick the school which will best serve their educational options. Young as they may be; these kids are advanced enough to understand that their budding abilities are going to afford them great opportunities. With their parent's guidance; they will have the schools of choice amongst them which include all of the afore mentioned LAX powerhouse schools as well as IVY academic powerhouses.

Patience is truly a virtue. Long Island will as usual be very well represented across the board amongst all of these fine schools.

And they won't need "reclassification" to do so...

Long Island LAX: No reclassification needed.

Get a life. If a family decides to reclassify their child, it is pathetic to call that cheating.

God, you guys are total whiners.

Touched a nerve there, huh? :-)

Tell us the definition of pathetic, pray tell!!

As they used to say: if the shoe fits; wear it.

Ringers, cheaters, left back, held back, "re-classified " (luv that one)

Call it what ever you want....a cheater is a cheater.

Like father....like son,...way to go cheater dads...show us all how to get ahead with your lesser lax skilled kid using brute size and speed and being older and stronger.

Joe D had it right up here on LI: take the best age appropriate kids and bring them up and down the country and play up and beat everyone to condition the boys for the event of finally facing the CHEATERS; to which the skills of our true 2017's far outshine those of any reclassified CHEATERS...this goes for all Long Island A level teams across the board.

Head to head, one on one, we repeatedly suppress a little smile when we watch our true 2017's whoop up on the RECLASSIFIED CHEATERS.

Them's the facts.......DEAL WITH IT CHEATERS.

Our 2017's will get all and any spots they desire without CHEATING.

Now I have to go help my true 2017 narrow down his commitment choices. (Oops, is he taking away a 2017 spot from a 2016 CHEATER?)....answer: absolutely.

No cheating needed. And no whining here. Just chuckling at the collective blush I can feel from so many insecure dads in Va and Md that held their cheater kids back.

Have a lovely day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. "Cheaters". You guys in LI sure have an inferiority complex.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed.
Congrats to the boys!

I guess I have a hard to time saying congrats - I don't know the facts, but there is a growing, disturbing trend which is the reclassifying game. It sure seems like a twisted arms race of sorts where if you don't chose to play the cards are stacked heavily against you.

Trust me.... We are all very tired of the "reclassified" situation. But let's not judge those who do so in order to help their kids. If i had a child whose only chance to compete against the best of Long island was to "reclassify; then maybe i would see things through their eyes. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

They will do as they must to remain competitive with the true LAX hot bed: Long Island

I personally know there are several (at least 7) LI true 14 yo 2017's who are in the process of choosing just who to commit to and they all understand that there is no race here. Their families understand that the real importance here is helping the players pick the school which will best serve their educational options. Young as they may be; these kids are advanced enough to understand that their budding abilities are going to afford them great opportunities. With their parent's guidance; they will have the schools of choice amongst them which include all of the afore mentioned LAX powerhouse schools as well as IVY academic powerhouses.

Patience is truly a virtue. Long Island will as usual be very well represented across the board amongst all of these fine schools.

Get a life. If a family decides to reclassify their child, it is pathetic to call that cheating.

Like father....like son,...way to go cheater dads...show us all how to get ahead with your lesser lax skilled kid using brute size and speed and being older and stronger.

Joe D had it right up here on LI: take the best age appropriate kids and bring them up and down the country and play up and beat everyone to condition the boys for the event of finally facing the CHEATERS; to which the skills of our true 2017's far outshine those of any reclassified CHEATERS...this goes for all Long Island A level teams across the board.

Head to head, one on one, we repeatedly suppress a little smile when we watch our true 2017's whoop up on the RECLASSIFIED CHEATERS.

Now I have to go help my true 2017 narrow down his commitment choices. (Oops, is he taking away a 2017 spot from a 2016 CHEATER?)....answer: absolutely.

No cheating needed. And no whining here. Just chuckling at the collective blush I can feel from so many insecure dads in Va and Md that held their cheater kids back.

Have a lovely day.

Great points! Only one public LONG ISLAND 2017 D1 commit as of now, and he is 14 years old, not a cheater. There is more to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster is correct! Truth hurts, and YES Im a proud Long Islander. Face it, YOU HELD BACK YOUR KID TO GIVE HIM AN EDGE., because he couldn't STAND OUT in the 2016. Simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the boys!

Have a lovely day.

Joe D has kindergarten holdbacks on his team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have the geography wrong in this statement.

There's yet to be an ethical justification made for holding back / reclassifying. The only defense made to the cheating comment is "whiners". It's very comical and suggestive of an inferiority complex.

If holding back is not used to gain an athletic advantage (some call it cheating) because of the inherent size and strength gain born out of an inferiority complex, then what is it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster is correct! Truth hurts, and YES Im a proud Long Islander. Face it, YOU HELD BACK YOUR KID TO GIVE HIM AN EDGE., because he couldn't STAND OUT in the 2016. Simple.

Wrong. Get a life. When my son's team beats you guys again, I'll be laughing on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Get a life. When my son's team beats you guys again, I'll be laughing on the sidelines.

I think conversation officially over when it comes down to I know you are but what I'm i?!!

So your 2017 player can vote! Good for you. Move on.
(And your not "in" LI , you are "on" Long Island!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is that because by then you'll have made your 2016 son a double reclassified cheater and he will then be in the class of 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your thoughtful insight. I believe this was the most helpful bit of info I have received from this site.
Now don't get me wrong, the rants, raves, whining and such are very entertaining.
When is everyone going to realize that none of the nonsense changes what happens on the field and what happens on the field is all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is that because by then you'll have made your 2016 son a double reclassified cheater and he will then be in the class of 2018?

Cage - I am ready to talk baseball rather than read this nonsense anymore. For the love of God, man let's move on!!!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage - I am ready to talk baseball rather than read this nonsense anymore. For the love of God, man let's move on!!!
Click on the "Baseball" link to the right in our ribbon bar above and you will be taken to our Back of THE PLATE (www.backoftheplate.com) web site. Similar format and function to our lacrosse site, but focused on Youth Baseball and Softball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think these 2017 players are at a point that "team wins" mean NOTHING. If your still banging your chest about that than its obvious your son isn't truly getting recruited at the momnent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think these 2017 players are at a point that "team wins" mean NOTHING. If your still banging your chest about that than its obvious your son isn't truly getting recruited at the momnent.
Serious question - being recruited, what does it mean? My son has had contact from many schools and been invited to 10+ prospect days, most at schools he is interested in. Coaches have watched his video and viewed his profile, then invited him to their prospect days. But no coach has said we want you to commit. He went to Jake Reed last year and is going again this year + attending Maverick Showcase. His focus is on Ivys and Patriot League schools, who typically want to see some grades first. Are other kids in this situation being asked to commit already at these type schools? Find the whole process confusing and if you let it you could be doing some event every weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think conversation officially over when it comes down to I know you are but what I'm i?!!

So your 2017 player can vote! Good for you. Move on.
(And your not "in" LI , you are "on" Long Island!!

HAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHA - 2017 voting - How many have car keys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Will Rock, none of the top DC/MD kids have committed yet. The top players are still on the board. The families who pushed this are committed.

Two of them are lefty attackmen. The two top lefty attackmen on the VLC team remain on the board. And that is just one position. No Balt Crabs committed and the top VLC players are still on the board. It is very early and the best players from the two top teams are not committed. And that might remain the case for some time because many of them want to at least consider the Ivy League and Duke, neither of which breathes near 9th grade recruiting.
hey "DAD", not entirely true! SOME of the top players are on the board still in MD/VA. These boys in MD/VA have committed BECAUSE they ARE the top players in MD/VA. If you saw them all play and spoke to the coaches recruiting them you would know that. Certainly there are a few more out there yet to commit but don't be fooled by the "club" they play for. That means nothing.
When all of the top programs are after you, I don't think it's the parents pushing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed. JT Bugliosi to Ohio State a "true" freshman.
Congrats to the boys!
These boys have committed because THEY ARE some of the best in MD/VA. Don't fool yourself. There is a reason they all were recruited so hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. How does one hold back or otherwise reclassify their son after he's already started 9th grade? My son's school would never allow it. They would claim they are not lacrosse incubators. Is it too late?

Go private.

We are considering it but afraid of the expense for unsure returns. Anyone know if St Anthony's or Chaminade allow reclassifications?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question - being recruited, what does it mean? My son has had contact from many schools and been invited to 10+ prospect days, most at schools he is interested in. Coaches have watched his video and viewed his profile, then invited him to their prospect days. But no coach has said we want you to commit. He went to Jake Reed last year and is going again this year + attending Maverick Showcase. His focus is on Ivys and Patriot League schools, who typically want to see some grades first. Are other kids in this situation being asked to commit already at these type schools? Find the whole process confusing and if you let it you could be doing some event every weekend.

Entirely true...we had to draw the line finally. The offers from the right schools are on the table. The choice for this true 14 yo 2107 is made. Announcement coming. Actually still trying to wrap my brain around the entire concept.

You go just 3 yrs back in time and these kids are playing PAL and goofing off and just having fun and we are all sitting on the sidelines waiting to hit the coolers in the trunk.

Now fast forward to the present: sitting in front of the desk of several D1 coaches listening to them praise the kid and tell him what opportunities this particular school will offer. Looking to my right and seeing a 14 yo conversing about college, course load, grad school opportunities and graduation rates.

Then digressing back to when I was 14 and just thinking about the girl in math class and how can I get her to notice me. Flashing forward again and seeing this mature life altering conversation go on between coaches and my son.

And then thinking back on the cooler in the trunk. How simple it was just 3 years ago.

I wouldn't change a thing. These kids earned it with the sweat off of their backs and multiple sacrifices along the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entirely true...we had to draw the line finally. The offers from the right schools are on the table. The choice for this true 14 yo 2107 is made. Announcement coming. Actually still trying to wrap my brain around the entire concept.

You go just 3 yrs back in time and these kids are playing PAL and goofing off and just having fun and we are all sitting on the sidelines waiting to hit the coolers in the trunk.

Now fast forward to the present: sitting in front of the desk of several D1 coaches listening to them praise the kid and tell him what opportunities this particular school will offer. Looking to my right and seeing a 14 yo conversing about college, course load, grad school opportunities and graduation rates.

Then digressing back to when I was 14 and just thinking about the girl in math class and how can I get her to notice me. Flashing forward again and seeing this mature life altering conversation go on between coaches and my son.

And then thinking back on the cooler in the trunk. How simple it was just 3 years ago.

I wouldn't change a thing. These kids earned it with the sweat off of their backs and multiple sacrifices along the way.

Funny how another arrogant parent uses one parents question as an opportunity to pound his chest. You did not address the question, and as for your bragging......nobody cares! And as for offers on the table, you better hurry or else before someone else takes your superstars spot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how another arrogant parent uses one parents question as an opportunity to pound his chest. You did not address the question, and as for your bragging......nobody cares! And as for offers on the table, you better hurry or else before someone else takes your superstars spot!

Dude (Mr Chest pounder accuser Guy)

You are so out of line that its ridiculous. Not even going to drop to that level. I was informed many years ago by a wise person who told me to never argue with idiots because first they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience.

I Was just echoing this other guys situation. Sorry you can't chime in in a positive manner. Was not chest pounding at all. Just friggin' commenting on how absurd this whole thing is that this lax recruiting vortex has sucked us into. Never expected it.

But to be more direct in answering the other posters question as to what does it all mean?... I'm not even sure what it means. I've read the Cage Sage (thanks Sage) columns on schools rarely taking back a verbal commitment but, "what if" pops up in my head. Thus; I've told the boy that none of this matters. He's still got to prove every day that he's as good as other think he is. That his grades are the primary goal every day. Period. The only easy day was yesterday.

Now, back to Mr. "Chest Pounder accuser Guy": have a drink on me and chill, bro.
You're way too serious. Maybe a visit to your primary care MD to check your BP and see if any serious psychological issues may be at hand. Seriously.

Life's too short to be so angry.

Peace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you guys are a bit ahead of us and good luck. With invites to Maverik and JR it sounds like your son is well on his way.

I think you know when your son is really getting recruited. You will get the calls from either your HS or club coach that so and so school has expressed an interest and wants you to call.

You can't read too much into the prospect days, even ones you get after someone might have seen your son play. If you or him has filled out the online questionnaires you might be getting them because of that or it could be a positive response to having seen you play, but from our experience if there is real interest there is usually some contact with one of the coaches that can pass that information on to you.

We have called several of the schools that have sent out prospect invites to see if and when they saw our guy play and to get more details. So far they have all been very upfront about things.

Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have opinions of the 2017 outlaws?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed. JT Bugliosi to Ohio State a "true" freshman.
Congrats to the boys!
These boys have committed because THEY ARE some of the best in MD/VA. Don't fool yourself. There is a reason they all were recruited so hard.

Did you edit my post, Mr Anonymous? I'm not kidding anyone, but you are fooling yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. How does one hold back or otherwise reclassify their son after he's already started 9th grade? My son's school would never allow it. They would claim they are not lacrosse incubators. Is it too late?

Go private.

We are considering it but afraid of the expense for unsure returns. Anyone know if St Anthony's or Chaminade allow reclassifications?

Don't think it's possible though these schools as they must follow NYS guidelines, unless there's an academic need for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster who hailed the coming of "prospect days" & am again not a Dad with a lacrosse background. I would like to go on believing parents would like to use this thread as a venue to learn something, and I am glad to share what I have learned and know to be accurate. It bothers me that some posters have been overtly incorrect or misleading on this thread.

If you read on this thread that some other parent has a kid going to JR and to Maverick Showtime next Summer, I can bomb down on that as false. Our our family was told that when his club has direct appointment to offer out, our son would receive one. And direct appointments have not been given out and have not been allocated with certainty. For example, my son's club team expects to get 4 direct allocation spots for one of these showcases, but the range that has been communicated is 2-5 by JR to the club. Now, quite possibly I am not being told the truth but if that is the case it would be a first from my son's coach who has been very forthright with us on all matters. On my son's team are two kids who went to JR last Summer as 2017s rising freshman, and they are both going to the 3d blue chip in Florida next month to re-audition because they were told they are not getting a direct appointment and need to go the 3d trials process. So anyone who takes as given that their kid went last year as a rising freshman 2017 is an automatic to JR this Summer is also incorrect and stating something that is false. Rather than a personal attack on any of the posters to this thread, I would just like to impart that what goes on this thread should be accurate if there are lacrosse parents who are not former lacrosse players - like me - are making smart reliances on it.

Next, I really do believe that prospect days are a great blessing but concede it too has limitations in terms of positive effect. If you go to two or to ten of these things, you are a part of an exclusive club that can pay $200 a pop. Any kid can go to a prospect camp; all you need to do is spend time on the internet to get informed and also ask your club coach. Most often club coaches will inform their teams of the prospect camps without prejudice to the best player on down to the last kid on the roster. Any kid can go, and it is a great way as I earlier wrote to get good information about where you stand. It is also a great way for assistant coaches at these schools to supplement otherwise low salaried positions. $200 x 200 = a material amount for the 2-4 staff coaches involved in putting it on. The inference that you are in an exclusive group because you have been to several of them is false. There is one reason why your son would be excluded from a prospect day: you failed to sign up before the event filled up and registration closed. By the same reasoning your U-9 kid if you have one can't play for the town recreation league for the same reason.

In terms of getting deals from all the top programs settled out and "making an announcement soon", well that is just something that belongs at a cocktail party in a circle of parents who have a good bit to compensate for and not on this thread. On our club a couple kids are truly great players and are being recruited by everyone out there now. Other kids, like our son, are being recruited by a few or some who are out there now. But no egos please. The schools who are out there now are not a long list. They are three ACC schools and the Big 10 teams, and literally a couple others which includes JH, Bucknell and Syracuse.

I will not waste anyone's time with hear-says, and can repeat what I know to be accurate. With the sole exception of Bucknell, the Ivies and Patriot league teams are not recruiting 2017s AT ALL. There are prominent other programs like Duke and Notre Dame who are currently not recruiting 21017's AT ALL. If I, or any other parent of a 2017, wanted to get in a car and go look at the Cornell campus next week, last time I checked that is not unlawful. If I, or any other parent of a 2017, wanted to reverse enquire on Princeton the most we could gather at this point is 1. your son is a candidate because he is a good player on a good club/school team, 2. we don't give athletic scholarships so the deal is there are no deals and a reference to the financial aid office, 3. we will start recruiting 2017's next year when the kids have a year of transcript grades, 4. taking time to discuss anything else is a waste of time because if your kid does not meet the indexed academic requirements there will be no conversation with you in one year anyways...so tell your kids to take care of their grades moreso than their lacrosse because if they don't we don't want you.

Last, I will say I am not an LI parent, so I don't bring a bias onto this thread when I state this: unquestionably the best 2017 team which has the largest number of elite D1 recruits is the LI Turtles. None of these kids have committed to a school yet. I am a MD parent and do have some local biases, and can state that the player in this state has not committed yet and add that not one player from the best team in the state (Balt Crabs) has committed. Knowing nothing and just gathering to guess, I believe a great many of these families are in no rush to foreclose on the possibility of their kid going to an Ivy or to Duke, which are great schools, to lock down a deal to go to Bucknell or to UNC, which are very good but not great schools, right now.

Like many other parents who don't carry the Stanwick or Powell family name, I hope to use information on which to rely to help our son through this and would be glad to share what I have learned to be accurate and is written out above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster who hailed the coming of "prospect days" & am again not a Dad with a lacrosse background. I would like to go on believing parents would like to use this thread as a venue to learn something, and I am glad to share what I have learned and know to be accurate. It bothers me that some posters have been overtly incorrect or misleading on this thread.

If you read on this thread that some other parent has a kid going to JR and to Maverick Showtime next Summer, I can bomb down on that as false. Our our family was told that when his club has direct appointment to offer out, our son would receive one. And direct appointments have not been given out and have not been allocated with certainty. For example, my son's club team expects to get 4 direct allocation spots for one of these showcases, but the range that has been communicated is 2-5 by JR to the club. Now, quite possibly I am not being told the truth but if that is the case it would be a first from my son's coach who has been very forthright with us on all matters. On my son's team are two kids who went to JR last Summer as 2017s rising freshman, and they are both going to the 3d blue chip in Florida next month to re-audition because they were told they are not getting a direct appointment and need to go the 3d trials process. So anyone who takes as given that their kid went last year as a rising freshman 2017 is an automatic to JR this Summer is also incorrect and stating something that is false. Rather than a personal attack on any of the posters to this thread, I would just like to impart that what goes on this thread should be accurate if there are lacrosse parents who are not former lacrosse players - like me - are making smart reliances on it.

Next, I really do believe that prospect days are a great blessing but concede it too has limitations in terms of positive effect. If you go to two or to ten of these things, you are a part of an exclusive club that can pay $200 a pop. Any kid can go to a prospect camp; all you need to do is spend time on the internet to get informed and also ask your club coach. Most often club coaches will inform their teams of the prospect camps without prejudice to the best player on down to the last kid on the roster. Any kid can go, and it is a great way as I earlier wrote to get good information about where you stand. It is also a great way for assistant coaches at these schools to supplement otherwise low salaried positions. $200 x 200 = a material amount for the 2-4 staff coaches involved in putting it on. The inference that you are in an exclusive group because you have been to several of them is false. There is one reason why your son would be excluded from a prospect day: you failed to sign up before the event filled up and registration closed. By the same reasoning your U-9 kid if you have one can't play for the town recreation league for the same reason.

In terms of getting deals from all the top programs settled out and "making an announcement soon", well that is just something that belongs at a cocktail party in a circle of parents who have a good bit to compensate for and not on this thread. On our club a couple kids are truly great players and are being recruited by everyone out there now. Other kids, like our son, are being recruited by a few or some who are out there now. But no egos please. The schools who are out there now are not a long list. They are three ACC schools and the Big 10 teams, and literally a couple others which includes JH, Bucknell and Syracuse.

I will not waste anyone's time with hear-says, and can repeat what I know to be accurate. With the sole exception of Bucknell, the Ivies and Patriot league teams are not recruiting 2017s AT ALL. There are prominent other programs like Duke and Notre Dame who are currently not recruiting 21017's AT ALL. If I, or any other parent of a 2017, wanted to get in a car and go look at the Cornell campus next week, last time I checked that is not unlawful. If I, or any other parent of a 2017, wanted to reverse enquire on Princeton the most we could gather at this point is 1. your son is a candidate because he is a good player on a good club/school team, 2. we don't give athletic scholarships so the deal is there are no deals and a reference to the financial aid office, 3. we will start recruiting 2017's next year when the kids have a year of transcript grades, 4. taking time to discuss anything else is a waste of time because if your kid does not meet the indexed academic requirements there will be no conversation with you in one year anyways...so tell your kids to take care of their grades moreso than their lacrosse because if they don't we don't want you.

Last, I will say I am not an LI parent, so I don't bring a bias onto this thread when I state this: unquestionably the best 2017 team which has the largest number of elite D1 recruits is the LI Turtles. None of these kids have committed to a school yet. I am a MD parent and do have some local biases, and can state that the player in this state has not committed yet and add that not one player from the best team in the state (Balt Crabs) has committed. Knowing nothing and just gathering to guess, I believe a great many of these families are in no rush to foreclose on the possibility of their kid going to an Ivy or to Duke, which are great schools, to lock down a deal to go to Bucknell or to UNC, which are very good but not great schools, right now.

Like many other parents who don't carry the Stanwick or Powell family name, I hope to use information on which to rely to help our son through this and would be glad to share what I have learned to be accurate and is written out above.

Thank you for this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with a lot of what you said, good post. A few things from your post that I know are not correct: direct Jake Reed invites for the summer are already out, I assure you. Others kids can make it still through the 3D Blue Chip Florida process, but the direct invites can forgo the Florida process and these kids have already been invited and accepted their invites. Point 2: there are kids going to both Jake Reed and Maverick. Maverick invites are also already finalized and have been out for awhile like the JR direct invites. I know several kids who have already been invited and selected to attend both. Point 3: generally agree about Ivy, Patriots, Duke, etc. but they have been more active in talking to the kids club and H.S. coaches than you imply. Otherwise good, thoughtful post just wanted to correct a few pieces that I know from personal experience are not 100% correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Direct invites to showtime AND JR are out and have been for awhile.
2. Duke and Ivies ARE actively recruiting 2017's and may even have prelim lists because grades have been discussed and qualified.
3. There will be no commits from these schools until it makes sense after official first yr of grades.
4. Because it IS all about the grades at these very top schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are right on regarding prospect days and as I said in an earlier post just call the coaches up and ask them. It may take a few tries to get through to someone, but every coach we have called has been straight with me and either said we saw him play at this tournament and have seen his video and like what we saw or no we haven't seen him play, but he is on a top club team and he also filled out our online questionnaire and we extend an invitation to anyone who has expressed an interest in our school.

The Ivies are looking at 2017's. We had Princeton, Penn, Yale, and Dartmouth watching several of our guys at a Maryland tournament, and they were actually paying attention to the games unlike most of the ACC school coaches I saw.

I was pretty surprised by the commitment to Bucknell. I know that the Patriot League teams are getting a little bit more aggressive with 2016's, but we have gotten feedback from the PL schools that we have contacted that they aren't quite ready which is a good thing IMO.

The Service Academies are also looking at 2017's. Air Force has committed one 2017, Army is looking at my son already, and Navy was at several of our games as well. They have the benefit of the prep schools which allows them to take larger classes, and take on more development projects if they choose to do so.

What has been the most surprising has been from the top tier of the DIII ladder. Some of the top schools seem to be as aggressive as some of the DI guys and because the coach can email directly there is less beating around the bush. We have heard from 3 top 10 DIII schools and 2 in the top 15-25 that want us to come up and visit.

Our guy didn't get an JR invite from 3d last year nor did we apply to Maverik. He has gotten his looks so far by playing well on a really good club team, and this will be our first summer of doing a few of the individual showcases. So far he is doing the 3d Rising Div I showcase, Fab Frosh, and the 175. We are not doing 3d Blue Chip again so no shot at JR either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD dad. Sorry to deliver the news to you and apparently your coach too, but... JR Blue Chip direct invites already went out for the summer. My 2017 got his on Nov 2nd. Deposits needed to be in on Dec 1st. Not a 3d playin but the real camp.
If you don't believe, or think its false as you stated, I'd be happy to email you a copy of the invite he received or the canceled check. Tho should not speak of what tho knows NOTHING about! Don't use second hand knowledge as acurate info. and don't "bomb down" as false what you don't know for sure. Just another example of how these forums are a joke and people post untruths!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=VaLaxDad]This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed. JT Bugliosi to Ohio State a "true" freshman.
Congrats to the boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a good note until you started in on that the IVY's are not recruiting. So far off the mark to be embarrassing and laughable. And for good measure, ND is actively doing so as well. The call our coach received on that would have to suffice. My son isn't interested.

Too bad Sage doesn't make private chat rooms so that we could compare notes without being harassed. You'd be pleasantly surprised to hear just what activity we've gone through alone with such schools and who else we know as well. So please refrain from blanket statements where your information is not substantiated by nothing more than what I can assume to be hearsay.

Now onto dispelling another error on your part....if I can figure out how to post up a copy our DIRECT invite from JR I would do so.i will paraphrase the letter a bit here... If you'd seem such a letter you would have known that there was also a non refundable deposit required of 275.00 by dec1st to guarantee his spot as offered. From 6/24-6/26 check in 1-3 pm,into talk at 4 check on 6/26 9-11 after your last game. Balance due on with updated profile sheet on 6/1. Cancelled check is your receipt. On or about may 15 u will receive another mailing telling what to bring.....sincerely JR and his direct email....

The cocktail party would be a great idea...care to sponsor it and we can all discuss the majority of the inaccuracies in your post?? Have nothing to compensate for here...just lucky I guess.

I think your club coach knows exactly who is going to JR with a direct invite. If he chose not to tell you, that is between you and him.

That was a long diatribe filled with numerous inaccuracies on your part. Do the research. Call the IVY's directly and ask them...(we've been to four, btw at their request, for enlightening discussions, shall we say?) call ND and ask them.

Sorry to pop your insecurity bubble...it may now be hard to patch all of the holes in it.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Too bad Sage doesn't make private chat rooms so that we could compare notes without being harassed. You'd be pleasantly surprised to hear just what activity we've gone through alone with such schools and who else we know as well.
BOTC does have this feature for private discussions. Two REGISTERED users can directly message each other without needing to do so over e-mail or by posting on the message boards. Become a registered user and you can take advantage of this feature.

Now onto dispelling another error on your part....if I can figure out how to post up a copy our DIRECT invite from JR I would do so.
Send a copy to cagesage@backofthecage.com and we will handle the posting for you with your child's name blacked out.

I think your club coach knows exactly who is going to JR with a direct invite. If he chose not to tell you, that is between you and him.
This is usually the case.

That was a long diatribe filled with numerous inaccuracies on your part. Do the research. Call the IVY's directly and ask them...(we've been to four, btw at their request, for enlightening discussions, shall we say?) call ND and ask them.
BOTC can confirm that five of the Ivy League schools (not all) have started recruiting from the Class of 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do stand corrected on the JR appointments. Apparently JR direct appointments have been allocated to a number of clubs, as others wrote. But not yet to ours.

I stand by what I wrote insofar as the Ivies, Duke and ND. If your club coach has made queries with the coaches at those schools or vice versa, then all power to them. And yes, we all saw some Ivies at the November tournaments and UPenn had a prospect day. But they are plainly not moving the recruiting process ahead with unofficial visits. The Ivies, Duke and ND are collecting data. I would find it credible that they are building or refining some targeted list of kids they are particularly eager on, but frankly the data they need...grades...are not available yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do stand corrected on the JR appointments. Apparently JR direct appointments have been allocated to a number of clubs, as others wrote. But not yet to ours.

I stand by what I wrote insofar as the Ivies, Duke and ND. If your club coach has made queries with the coaches at those schools or vice versa, then all power to them. And yes, we all saw some Ivies at the November tournaments and UPenn had a prospect day. But they are plainly not moving the recruiting process ahead with unofficial visits. The Ivies, Duke and ND are collecting data. I would find it credible that they are building or refining some targeted list of kids they are particularly eager on, but frankly the data they need...grades...are not available yet.

I am just about certain that all of the JR direct spots have gone out. I guess if someone turned it down there could be a few floating around, but doubt it. Also, I am pretty sure that there are not specific club allocations. JR obviously has trusted sources which I guess you could then infer are club allocations, but I am just about certain that is the case.

If there were club allocations I would think our club would be at the top of the heap since we are part of 3d and one of the guys who picks who gets in from the 3d Blue Chip spent a lot of time coaching our team, and at least half of our team is JR or Maverik worthy. All of our parents are pretty open in a non-ego sort of way about discussing who is doing what, and I think maybe two or three at the most got direct invites.

It would be interesting to know how many of the 2017 directs were not at the rising freshmen last summer.

The sad fact is that just about everyone is already recruiting 2017's. As Cage said at least 5 that he knows of. It is now an arms race and each family has to figure out how best to navigate the system.

Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard