BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,108
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couple of thoughts on the early recruting stuff:
1) Congrats to the kids who have committed, great opportunity
2) Not being negative or judging, just a fact that a signifcant percentage of 2017s who have committed (not all) are at least a year older -- 14/just turned 15 which is the "normal" age. Physical maturity and mental maturity matters and 1+ years makes a big difference at this age.
3) Many college coaches have told me and others that at this early point for 2017s it is often the parents pushing hard to commit, not the school. Doesn't mean the school won't take the commit if interested in the kid for fear of losing them, but they would rather wait until summer or next year so the kid is as sure as possible of their commitment and the coaches can see kids play more over the spring, summer and mayve next Fall
4) Many very talented kids - including many of the most talented - are targeting Ivy League, Patriot League, or the Georgetowns of the world which with one exception from Buckenll, have taken no 2017 commitments at this point as their timeline is typically longer and grades matter a ton. They are typically not "early recruting" schools unlike UNC, Michigan, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Virgina, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Don't kid yourself, Ivy, Patriot and Georgetowns of the world are well on their way with the 2016 commits and they are in the hunt for the 2017's as well.

Not kidding myself. The # of 2016 commits from the schools outlined above are not huge yet (check Inside Lacrosse) but obviously there are several and classes will largely be filled by the summer for many of these schools for 2016s. For 2017s, yes there is activity in terms of reaching out to kids and expressing interest, but it will likely take the next 2 years for the 2017 classes to be largely filled, most heavily next year.

From Ty Zanders (Inside Lacrosse) twitter today:
Spoke w/ Dom Starsia on early recruiting: "It's embarrassing to be on the sidelines watching 9th graders... We're at a point of crisis."

I do not listen to what they say, I watch what they do. They might stop with the early "public" verbals but they will not stop trying to identify talent in the 9th and 10th grade. The Schools you mention are no different, they have less "verbals" but they are out there doing the same thing. One reason they might have fewer committed 10th graders is that the other schools are more appealing to more student athletes.

The "early verbals" might go away but the recruiting will not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) Not being negative or judging, just a fact that a signifcant percentage of 2017s who have committed (not all) are at least a year older -- 14/just turned 15 which is the "normal" age. Physical maturity and mental maturity matters and 1+ years makes a big difference at this age.
3) Many college coaches have told me and others that at this early point for 2017s it is often the parents pushing hard to commit, not the school. Doesn't mean the school won't take the commit if interested in the kid for fear of losing them, but they would rather wait until summer or next year so the kid is as sure as possible of their commitment and the coaches can see kids play more over the spring, summer and mayve next Fall
4) Many very talented kids - including many of the most talented - are targeting Ivy League, Patriot League, or the Georgetowns of the world which with one exception from Buckenll, have taken no 2017 commitments at this point as their timeline is typically longer and grades matter a ton. They are typically not "early recruting" schools unlike UNC, Michigan, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Virgina, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Don't kid yourself, Ivy, Patriot and Georgetowns of the world are well on their way with the 2016 commits and they are in the hunt for the 2017's as well.

Not kidding myself. The # of 2016 commits from the schools outlined above are not huge yet (check Inside Lacrosse) but obviously there are several and classes will largely be filled by the summer for many of these schools for 2016s. For 2017s, yes there is activity in terms of reaching out to kids and expressing interest, but it will likely take the next 2 years for the 2017 classes to be largely filled, most heavily next year.

Spoke w/ Dom Starsia on early recruiting: "It's embarrassing to be on the sidelines watching 9th graders... We're at a point of crisis."

I do not listen to what they say, I watch what they do. They might stop with the early "public" verbals but they will not stop trying to identify talent in the 9th and 10th grade. The Schools you mention are no different, they have less "verbals" but they are out there doing the same thing. One reason they might have fewer committed 10th graders is that the other schools are more appealing to more student athletes.

Generally agree with what you say. Also agree the Ivys by definition have a smaller pool of kids who can play there because of academic index requirements.

BTW - another 2017 committed today to UVA per Ty Zanders twitter. He is a 2017 but re-classified as he was on 2016 MadLax team last year. Not complaining, just the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Generally agree with what you say. Also agree the Ivys by definition have a smaller pool of kids who can play there because of academic index requirements.

BTW - another 2017 committed today to UVA per Ty Zanders twitter. He is a 2017 but re-classified as he was on 2016 MadLax team last year. Not complaining, just the facts.

Go ahead complain, another cheater taking the spot of 2017 cause he wasn't good enough to impress in 2016. Went from good to great by playing against little kids. Just the simple facts. don't be afraid to say it like it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup - here's the roster from last year. http://209.183.230.9/index.cfm?action=pages&p=87

Another UVA verbal was on that team as well, but he's listed as a 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This kid is good...VLC kid, can compete among the best at either age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way, this was the young man at the heart of the MadLax email issue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poetic justice for Cabell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love reading you guys whine about this age thing, which is completely a nonissue.

I will enjoy seeing my 2017 son pummel your teams. My son, by the way, is a 19 year old freshman. Deal with it.

Post of the year! hahahahaha

luv it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poetic justice for Cabell.

Interesting that hold-back parents are in the middle of the MadLax fiasco. Cabell is to blame for his own actions, but maybe there is a reason these people "find each other" in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love reading you guys whine about this age thing, which is completely a nonissue.

I will enjoy seeing my 2017 son pummel your teams. My son, by the way, is a 19 year old freshman. Deal with it.

THAT WAS THE GREATEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF LACROSSE. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
St. Anthony’s freshman LSM/defenseman Tyler Senerchia has "verballed" to play at Bucknell University.

Tyler Senerchia
High School: St. Anthony’s High School
Graduation Year: 2017
Position: LSM/DEF
College Choice: Bucknell University
Club Affiliation: Long Island Express
Selected Lacrosse Honors : All-Star teams, Camps, Showcases: Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip; National Invitational 175; Yale Bulldog 120; Bucknell Bison Brawl All-Star; Terrapin Classic; Philly Freshman Showcase Fab 40 All-Star

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THAT WAS THE GREATEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF LACROSSE. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

Question. How does one hold back or otherwise reclassify their son after he's already started 9th grade? My son's school would never allow it. They would claim they are not lacrosse incubators. Is it too late?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go ahead complain, another cheater taking the spot of 2017 cause he wasn't good enough to impress in 2016. Went from good to great by playing against little kids. Just the simple facts. don't be afraid to say it like it is.

UVA coach saying what he said today is so typical of so many of these D1 coaches with this 2017 drama, hypocritical. He has more 2017's committed than all of them, what a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. How does one hold back or otherwise reclassify their son after he's already started 9th grade? My son's school would never allow it. They would claim they are not lacrosse incubators. Is it too late?

Go private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a 2017 player, and I am as disgusted frustrated as many others on this early recruiting process. Lacrosse is an expensive sport, and club dues for most of us run $2K to $5K per annum before any apparel or travel expenses to tournaments. I have heard some horror stories of club does running over $10K a year and really have no idea if that is true...maybe another poster could take that one. Add a private school tuition and it is a lot more. It should be sufficient to play for a good club and play competitive high school.

I am impressed and a bit jealous that on LI you have so many top flight public school teams and a very competitive league unlike anywhere else for public schools.

But everyone has the additional problem of too much is never enough with the showcases. As a parent, I could easily fill a dozen weekends with camps and showcases and club owners and coaches are tied to encouraging this to the kids to get noticed. A dozen more things at another $400 to $700 for 1.5 to 3 days of lacrosse to get noticed. If your kid is a Turtle or an LI Express or a Crab, is this really needed? Just me asking if there is anything empirical to validate the showcase business model. For a California kid, I get it that they would flock to these constantly. Is it worth it for a LI or MIAA school kid do that?

I took our son to our first two "prospect" days at universities in the recent weeks and have to say this does it for me without anyone's advice. For $200 or so a try, you can go to a school you are targeting for prospect day and at that day there will be a range of coaches from other schools that are D1 non power ranked to D3. That makes sense to me that the NCAA coaches know that a coach from a D3 school is not taking dinner bread from a UVa or a UPenn, so let the kids perform all day long in front of the audience they and the families want with the full attention of the coaches all day long. We have all been at showcases where the coaches have no choice but to move their lawn chairs around at each halftime to see every team or player, and then it becomes a sordid lottery whether or not your kid is on the field or is in a competitive game when the coaches they want to impress are watching. At one Fall tournament my son's team went up 6-0 quickly and the coaches filed out quickly and that is understandable...hard to evaluate kids beating up on a lesser team.

I think these prospect days are a big game changer. Already we have been in touch with two of our top choices and the coaches have each corresponded with us directly about the recruiting process. That is more than we had three weeks ago waiting on the club owner to arbitrate what players he wanted to showcase which sadly involves a lot of politics and nonsense that fills this thread up with repeat complaints. Long live prospect days.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am a parent of a 2017 player, and I am as disgusted frustrated as many others on this early recruiting process. Lacrosse is an expensive sport, and club dues for most of us run $2K to $5K per annum before any apparel or travel expenses to tournaments. I have heard some horror stories of club does running over $10K a year and really have no idea if that is true...maybe another poster could take that one. Add a private school tuition and it is a lot more. It should be sufficient to play for a good club and play competitive high school.

I am impressed and a bit jealous that on LI you have so many top flight public school teams and a very competitive league unlike anywhere else for public schools.

But everyone has the additional problem of too much is never enough with the showcases. As a parent, I could easily fill a dozen weekends with camps and showcases and club owners and coaches are tied to encouraging this to the kids to get noticed. A dozen more things at another $400 to $700 for 1.5 to 3 days of lacrosse to get noticed. If your kid is a Turtle or an LI Express or a Crab, is this really needed? Just me asking if there is anything empirical to validate the showcase business model. For a California kid, I get it that they would flock to these constantly. Is it worth it for a LI or MIAA school kid do that?

I took our son to our first two "prospect" days at universities in the recent weeks and have to say this does it for me without anyone's advice. For $200 or so a try, you can go to a school you are targeting for prospect day and at that day there will be a range of coaches from other schools that are D1 non power ranked to D3. That makes sense to me that the NCAA coaches know that a coach from a D3 school is not taking dinner bread from a UVa or a UPenn, so let the kids perform all day long in front of the audience they and the families want with the full attention of the coaches all day long. We have all been at showcases where the coaches have no choice but to move their lawn chairs around at each halftime to see every team or player, and then it becomes a sordid lottery whether or not your kid is on the field or is in a competitive game when the coaches they want to impress are watching. At one Fall tournament my son's team went up 6-0 quickly and the coaches filed out quickly and that is understandable...hard to evaluate kids beating up on a lesser team.

I think these prospect days are a big game changer. Already we have been in touch with two of our top choices and the coaches have each corresponded with us directly about the recruiting process. That is more than we had three weeks ago waiting on the club owner to arbitrate what players he wanted to showcase which sadly involves a lot of politics and nonsense that fills this thread up with repeat complaints. Long live prospect days.
Excellent post and something that should be cross-posted onto the college forum. BOTC agrees with your assertion that a year of private High School, combined with the costs of a full season of lacrosse and travel can certainly be in the $20,000-$25,000 range which begs the question : exactly how much scholarship money do you actually expect lacrosse to deliver for you?

Your last paragraph is extremely compelling. Lacrosse parents are now finding out what soccer parents discovered a decade back. Parents can actually control their child's recruiting cycle with carefully planning showcase days and targeting those college prospect days where they know that their student-athlete's target coaches are in attendance. While team showcasing will always have value, the fact is that parents should no longer be depending on the club coach to determine the trajectory of their child's recruiting arc.

Again, thank you for the contribution.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Excellent post and something that should be cross-posted onto the college forum. BOTC agrees with your assertion that a year of private High School, combined with the costs of a full season of lacrosse and travel can certainly be in the $20,000-$25,000 range which begs the question : exactly how much scholarship money do you actually expect lacrosse to deliver for you?

Your last paragraph is extremely compelling. Lacrosse parents are now finding out what soccer parents discovered a decade back. Parents can actually control their child's recruiting cycle with carefully planning showcase days and targeting those college prospect days where they know that their student-athlete's target coaches are in attendance. While team showcasing will always have value, the fact is that parents should no longer be depending on the club coach to determine the trajectory of their child's recruiting arc.

Again, thank you for the contribution.
Agree, great post. My 2017 son has done 4 prospect days and has a few more scheduled at schools of interest. While typically a positive experience, I will say they really range in terms of personalization/effectiveness. One he went to had 60 kids and the coach knew every kid's name and where they were from. He spoke to them and called them by their first names. Another had 200 kids and watched the kids play two 15 minute games each as their evaluation. Also, this is a key way for the assistant coaches to supplement their generally low salaries, so be aware of that. Nonetheless, prospect days are a great way to see if you child really likes a particular school and get to know the coaches on an individualed basis much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Sage. I hope to see this thread be a forum for lacrosse parents to download data and make some sense of the landscape for each other. Club owner bashing is funny and popular, but not useful information. I don't know much but learned a lot in the recent weeks and wish someone had told me earlier. I went to one November Baltimore area showcase that I and many other parents concluded was a complete waste of time and money. And that is infuriating to drop $600+ into the till to stand there in 30 degree weather wishing you were somewhere else behind coaches who were wishing they were anywhere else too based on the body language.

For the low cost of $200 you can learn all you need to know about where you stand by going to a prospect day. There will be a lot of great players there and there won't be any club politicians there doing the work for the kids THEY want noticed. You can play or you can't. Yes, a lot of the players who are hyped by major clubs are great players, but some of them are not. And then there are kids from New Hampshire or something like that who are great players who I would guess would be at risk to not have the opportunity to be otherwise noticed while playing among great players. I am sure that every 2017 lacrosse parent could likely tell a line about how some kid on their team got an appointment to Jake Reed, and he is very average but his family is an ATM machine to the club owner or there are private school biases on that club, etc.

If lacrosse is going to be a "real sport", and I don't think it is yet insofar as the maturity of the sport development on the business side of things, a 6'1 190 pound 14 year old lacrosse man-child from Texas or Chicago should be evaluated next to the MIAA kid whose father played at XYZ back in the day. Maybe in the end I won't like the results for my kid on a level playing field, but I like seeing and believing the playing field can be level. At least I have a reality check on what level of D1 my son is a candidate for, and what to expect in terms of timing and commitment if he indeed passes through their process. Obviously not every family can showcase their kids for $10,000 and up a year, but they should not have to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some families who are almost going the complete other way and almost focusing entirely on prospect days of targeted schools and a showcase or two. Most of that crowd has the luxury of playing on high school teams which have some sort of cache to help get them into the semi-competitive showcases to broaden their exposure.

The other question is how much exposure?

14 and 15 year kids are not men, and I've seen it with my own son and they just can't always flip that switch and perform. That's what kids do. We were at a big tournament in Maryland this fall and had quite a few coaches watching the 2017 team. So many in fact that we were all really surprised.

Over the course of six games if you had seen my kid in three of them you would have said where I can sign him up, two of them were, ok this kid is good we want to see more, and the other game you would have said wth is the big deal.

I think my son has had the opportunity to play with or against all but one of the early announced 2017 commits, and I would say the same thing about most or all of them., and that is the problem or dilemma as I see it with doing too many or even any of the prospect days as a 2017. We have been politely begging off since it requires us to do a lot of traveling.

Our approach has been to put together a really solid video from the fall, fortunately when coaches were watching his games this fall he played well enough to wet their appetite, and then try to be smart about his rising sophomore summer about how much he plays. It is just too hard for guys this age, with the rare exception, to just be on all of the time.

All it takes is one so so game in front of a target coach and you are done. Sometimes less is more, and while you have to play the exposure game it is a pretty tricky tight wire to walk sometimes.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Our approach has been to put together a really solid video from the fall, fortunately when coaches were watching his games this fall he played well enough to wet their appetite, and then try to be smart about his rising sophomore summer about how much he plays. It is just too hard for guys this age, with the rare exception, to just be on all of the time.
A word of caution regarding highlight reels : Coaches want to see the player away from the ball as much as with the offensive or defensive attack. Highlight reels rarely can give any college coach a sense of a player's range on the field. Second, be sure to use the available technology for posting clips including You Tube. Do not include any clips in excess of two minutes. After all, how many times do you actually sit and watch a full 120 second clip?

Lastly, a word on expectation setting for videos : I remember visiting a coach's office at Yale University and was shocked at the volume of video tapes, DVDs, CDs, and other media that was strewn all around the office. The place looked like a seedy Hollywood agent's office from the 1950s. One of the tapes on the conference table was four years old, never opened. and covered with dust - no joke.

You have to make it exceptionally easy for a college coach to get to the meat of the content. Any inconvenience will just represent a hurdle and most coaches will not make the effort to view physical media any longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree - video is not a replacement for being seen in person by the coaches, but at least in our experience so far that has been the tool to get the coaches to the field to watch the games, and when his video has been watched by most of this target schools which in most cases seemed to be the first step in the dance.

Also, if you happen to have an organization or coach who is effective in the social media space that can be huge. Our club director tweeted a composite tape of our attack and it got several hundred views, and out of the blue all of them were getting emails from schools who had never seen them play in person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some families who are almost going the complete other way and almost focusing entirely on prospect days of targeted schools and a showcase or two. Most of that crowd has the luxury of playing on high school teams which have some sort of cache to help get them into the semi-competitive showcases to broaden their exposure.

The other question is how much exposure?

14 and 15 year kids are not men, and I've seen it with my own son and they just can't always flip that switch and perform. That's what kids do. We were at a big tournament in Maryland this fall and had quite a few coaches watching the 2017 team. So many in fact that we were all really surprised.

Over the course of six games if you had seen my kid in three of them you would have said where I can sign him up, two of them were, ok this kid is good we want to see more, and the other game you would have said wth is the big deal.

I think my son has had the opportunity to play with or against all but one of the early announced 2017 commits, and I would say the same thing about most or all of them., and that is the problem or dilemma as I see it with doing too many or even any of the prospect days as a 2017. We have been politely begging off since it requires us to do a lot of traveling.

All it takes is one so so game in front of a target coach and you are done. Sometimes less is more, and while you have to play the exposure game it is a pretty tricky tight wire to walk sometimes.

Interesting post. My son's club coach has told him to stay away from the prospect camps as they are make or break situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All it takes is one so so game in front of a target coach and you are done. Sometimes less is more, and while you have to play the exposure game it is a pretty tricky tight wire to walk sometimes."

Great comment and moving last point. How can a coach make a determination on a 2 minute video? Reference Sage's earlier post this morning about happening on a D1 school with un-opened videos years old. You can clip together 10 goals scored, 10 nice stick checks or 10 goalie saves for any 2017 player. As Sage noted, coaches want to see you play lacrosse and move without the ball. Every team has an end of play lefty attackman who can catch a ball open 5 yards out and put it in the net. Why was he open? Was it his lacrosse IQ or can he stand there all day open because he is playing against a weak defense?

I was told to let a camera run on my son at a prospect day, and then find 2 or at most 3 less than one minute sequences showing him playing a developed play against good competition. Does that seem like a logical better route? I concur with Sage that doing a 6 minute music video is asking a lot for a 50 year old college coach to labor through on mute.

I also concur there is no substitute for rubber hitting the road at a prospect camp. At one of them a player on my son's team had his best day on a prospect day, and that school now has a very active interest in him. This kid is a goalie and plays for the right club team, but has not gone to the showcases at all. Now it does not look like he will need to.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Interesting post. My son's club coach has told him to stay away from the prospect camps as they are make or break situations.
Let's dispense with the obvious bias arguments. Club coaches have a vested interest in having themselves act as the key negotiation point with college coaches. Allowing prospect camps into the discussion disintermediates the role of both the club and club coach, thereby eroding the stranglehold maintained on the process.

Now, that this has been stated, BOTC will move onto one reason why the advice is correct.

The best way to use a prospect camp is to have actually been seen by the college coach previously and then using the camp to lock down a secure roster spot or establish a continuing relationship. Attending the prospect camps cold can result in your family handing over a check without getting the value-for-money that you are seeking. Attending a prospect camp after an initial coach's viewing and an expression of interest from both sides will be the best way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CageSage - great point about not letting the club coach be the key conduit of information, because that is definitely one of their biggest marketing tools.

As a family you have to take the bull by the horns and if you are waiting for you club coach to be a rainmaker then in most cases you will wind up disappointed.

My real point about prospect days or even one day showcases is if you are going to put yourself out there, just make sure you are ready to be at your best, and pick your spots wisely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how even as these coaches are at their conference denouncing early commits, the tweets are rolling in with 2017 committing. What gives??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders ‏@Ty 1h
Hopkins with their first public 2017: Joe Robertson, A, St. Anne's Belfield (Va.) and @TheDukesLC. Put up 74 points last year for Salem HS.

Another reclassified? Played for 2016 dukes?
The trend is clear and will have a profound impact for years to come

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early recruiting will not stop. Look at basketball and football. Kids verbally commit in 7th and 8th grade in those sports. This is validation that lacrosse is growing and is following the same path as other sports.
AAU hoops is very similar to club lax
Club soccer is as well

Lax is just now following in the same footsteps as football, soccer, and basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it's not going to stop. These guys are still going to go after the very best players. They don't want to miss out on losing them to someone else. And as long as some schools are going to play by those rules other schools are going to be forced to do the same thing Otherwise they miss out on the best players. Happens in every other sport includin hockey,football and baseball. These are highly touted players. These guys don't make many mistakes in recruiting this is their job. They are not wrong very often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understandably they will always go after the best players as they should.
It's clear the reclassified kids have been very successful signing early with great programs. Its only a matter of time before this trend combined with how lax parents are motivated by fear completely change the landscape and it will become the norm.

This is just an observation, not sour grapes. Its just human nature to follow a successful trend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it's not going to stop. These guys are still going to go after the very best players. They don't want to miss out on losing them to someone else. And as long as some schools are going to play by those rules other schools are going to be forced to do the same thing Otherwise they miss out on the best players. Happens in every other sport includin hockey,football and baseball. These are highly touted players. These guys don't make many mistakes in recruiting this is their job. They are not wrong very often.
What? They don't make mistakes in recruting? Really? Where are the facts to support that claim? Where is the evidence or aticle showing how kids commiting as freshman or 1/2 year into sophomore year have performed once they reached college? Last time I checked, this early recuritng thing freshman year was a pretty new thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have to say that the last few entries on this thread have been the most conducive to feeling part of a society where we can share common interests and ideas.

the insults are really not indicated. its great that some kids are being seen and recruited. hopefully all will eventually get a nod in their favor by a school that interests them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Will Rock, none of the top DC/MD kids have committed yet. The top players are still on the board. The families who pushed this are committed.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed.
Congrats to the boys!

Last edited by VaLaxDad; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by VaLaxDad
This is not accurate. Rock and Ryan Pride to UVA, Alex Trippi to UNC. All publicized, all reclassed.
Congrats to the boys!
Also J.T. Bugliosi from Calvert Hall/FCA to Ohio State. 15 so far including Trippi today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the boys!

I guess I have a hard to time saying congrats - I don't know the facts, but there is a growing, disturbing trend which is the reclassifying game. It sure seems like a twisted arms race of sorts where if you don't chose to play the cards are stacked heavily against you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the boys!

I guess I have a hard to time saying congrats - I don't know the facts, but there is a growing, disturbing trend which is the reclassifying game. It sure seems like a twisted arms race of sorts where if you don't chose to play the cards are stacked heavily against you.

Trust me.... We are all very tired of the "reclassified" situation. But let's not judge those who do so in order to help their kids. If i had a child whose only chance to compete against the best of Long island was to "reclassify; then maybe i would see things through their eyes. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

They will do as they must to remain competitive with the true LAX hot bed: Long Island

I personally know there are several (at least 7) LI true 14 yo 2017's who are in the process of choosing just who to commit to and they all understand that there is no race here. Their families understand that the real importance here is helping the players pick the school which will best serve their educational options. Young as they may be; these kids are advanced enough to understand that their budding abilities are going to afford them great opportunities. With their parent's guidance; they will have the schools of choice amongst them which include all of the afore mentioned LAX powerhouse schools as well as IVY academic powerhouses.

Patience is truly a virtue. Long Island will as usual be very well represented across the board amongst all of these fine schools.

And they won't need "reclassification" to do so...

Long Island LAX: No reclassification needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
christian marshall is a true freshman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides Will Rock, none of the top DC/MD kids have committed yet. The top players are still on the board. The families who pushed this are committed.

Two of them are lefty attackmen. The two top lefty attackmen on the VLC team remain on the board. And that is just one position. No Balt Crabs committed and the top VLC players are still on the board. It is very early and the best players from the two top teams are not committed. And that might remain the case for some time because many of them want to at least consider the Ivy League and Duke, neither of which breathes near 9th grade recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the boys!

Trust me.... We are all very tired of the "reclassified" situation. But let's not judge those who do so in order to help their kids. If i had a child whose only chance to compete against the best of Long island was to "reclassify; then maybe i would see things through their eyes. Cheaters will always be cheaters.

They will do as they must to remain competitive with the true LAX hot bed: Long Island

I personally know there are several (at least 7) LI true 14 yo 2017's who are in the process of choosing just who to commit to and they all understand that there is no race here. Their families understand that the real importance here is helping the players pick the school which will best serve their educational options. Young as they may be; these kids are advanced enough to understand that their budding abilities are going to afford them great opportunities. With their parent's guidance; they will have the schools of choice amongst them which include all of the afore mentioned LAX powerhouse schools as well as IVY academic powerhouses.

Patience is truly a virtue. Long Island will as usual be very well represented across the board amongst all of these fine schools.

And they won't need "reclassification" to do so...

Long Island LAX: No reclassification needed.

Get a life. If a family decides to reclassify their child, it is pathetic to call that cheating.

God, you guys are total whiners.

Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard