BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he wasnt an evaluator but S.L. was on the field. Made a comment to me about the weather as he was walking by.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I must say, I thought this post was just a bunch of BS.
HOWEVER, I was at tryouts this morning with my son. 32 degrees and a lovely morning for lacrosse (sarcasm).
Everywhere I looked I saw 91 jackets, hats, sweatshirts. I am NOT talking about the kids I am talking about the "EVALUATORS".
Since when is Brine Lacrosse in bed with 91?
What a joke and a waste of money! Not to mention a waste of a morning which would have been better spent reading the paper.
We all know that bias exists even if we do not intend for it to. I am disappointed in Brine for engaging in this type of bait and switch. can't wait to see the roster. That said business is business and I guess 91 came across with some $$$

This event is compromised, wouldnt go anywhere near it

This is absolute BS! My son was there also. There was no one from 91 evaluating. Stop with the conspiracy theories [/quote]

Well, thats not true! Two coaches from 2018 91 Extreme were evaluating!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL HAD A CLIPBOARD IN HAND AS DID THE OTHER 91 COACHES,.STOP THE BS!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even consider the Brine when you have Jake Reed, Maverick Showtime , Top 205, and not to mention Club Team Tournaments all around the same time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOWEVER, I was at tryouts this morning with my son. 32 degrees and a lovely morning for lacrosse (sarcasm).
Everywhere I looked I saw 91 jackets, hats, sweatshirts. I am NOT talking about the kids I am talking about the "EVALUATORS".
What a joke and a waste of money! Not to mention a waste of a morning which would have been better spent reading the paper.
We all know that bias exists even if we do not intend for it to. I am disappointed in Brine for engaging in this type of bait and switch. can't wait to see the roster. That said business is business and I guess 91 came across with some $$$

This is absolute BS! My son was there also. There was no one from 91 evaluating. Stop with the conspiracy theories [/quote]

I saw Sal was there and spoke with Rooney. I also heard Mule was there but I personally didn't see him. So sir you are incorrect.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL was evaluating the goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island folks:

We need to stop bashing other states for holding back/PG years. I know of at least 2 of my son's teammates who are doing the same thing. Literally repeating 8th grade prior to going to HS. Welcome to the world, it ain't fair - deal with it. Stop all the whining too, it's embarrassing. Someone once said, "just shut and play".

I guess it is a strategy however twisted it may be.....But what happens when you blow out your ACL in your repeated 8th grade year? As impossible as this is to consider, what if the lax thing doesn't work out? How many college admissions folks are going to be impressed on the academic record of a voluntary hold back.....And talk to any AD and they'll tell you that more than 20% of scholarship athletes voluntarily quit because the commitment of essentially another full-time job is too much on top of school. Good luck....I hope the brass ring is everything you (I mean your kid) dreams it will be.....

Hear Hear. I cannot agree with you more. Spend your money and time on Tutors and SAT prep. I personally know two D1 comits from last year who are not playing because of how much time it takes away from studying. Granted their parents can handle the tuition so its not an issue for them persoanlly My oldest who is a wrestler but played LAX till 11 th grade is geting more merit aid from the schools he has applied to than any of our boys will get from a pie in the sky athletic scholarship. I have told my 9th grade Laxer to get good grades and playing LAX at collge will be gravy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask the face off kids who ran the face off tryout for middle school. It was SL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello. I am parent of a 91 kid. I do not know who SL is, but this does not at all prove any point. I believe that somebody whined that the evaluators were all from 91, with hats, sweatshirts, etc. I guess that this has now scaled back a bit. Does "SL" need to apologize for doing a fine job with all of those face-off kids, from so many different clubs and schools? Do you seek pots to stir, when there are none? Come, now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he wasnt an evaluator but S.L. was on the field. Made a comment to me about the weather as he was walking by.

That is it! I can not believe the nerve, I say we kill him

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL HAD A CLIPBOARD IN HAND AS DID THE OTHER 91 COACHES,.STOP THE BS!!!!!
THAT IS WHAT HE WAS SUMMONED TO DO!! (...bold print is fun, perhaps even invigorating)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADD a true 14 yr old 2017 from Long Island to an ancient eight school. Details to follow when permitted. :-D
Laviano?
do stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello. I am parent of a 91 kid. I do not know who SL is, but this does not at all prove any point. I believe that somebody whined that the evaluators were all from 91, with hats, sweatshirts, etc. I guess that this has now scaled back a bit. Does "SL" need to apologize for doing a fine job with all of those face-off kids, from so many different clubs and schools? Do you seek pots to stir, when there are none? Come, now.
By the way, I figured out who SL is, but I believe that he was not at the high school session. Boy, do I wish my boy was in your middle school group. Sadly, we are a bit older. There are some real tacky, loud, cologne stinky Guidos in the younger aged groups, yes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolute BS! My son was there also. There was no one from 91 evaluating. Stop with the conspiracy theories

I saw Sal was there and spoke with Rooney. I also heard Mule was there but I personally didn't see him. So sir you are incorrect. [/quote]No Mule, sorry, but it still was their right to be there as requested. It was also the right and responsibility of the evaluators from 4 other clubs, and more than 6 area schools. Keep going, though. You will soon expose .....ummmmmmm.........something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you don't know who SL is but he did a great job with face offs!
That's funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny!
silly person, I do not know SL by face, but his reputation precedes him. Through reading these threads, I figured that he was the fella whom I had watched as the younger groups finished up, before my high schooler was to begin. It is your right, but I recommend that you consider possibilities before you leap upon somebody. (unless you are one of those loud, tacky, etc)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny!
silly person, I do not know SL by face, but his reputation precedes him. Through reading these threads, I figured that he was the fella whom I had watched as the younger groups finished up, before my high schooler was to begin. It is your right, but I recommend that you consider possibilities before you leap upon somebody. (unless you are one of those loud, tacky, etc)

If you have no idea who SL than you have no idea how he will definitely favor his players over others that are better. Plain and simple. His team Extreme is a good team but there are individual players that are better than his extreme players out there that won't be picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are clearly interested in bashing. Re-read the prior messages, and see in which direction you keep heading. I didn't know him, you said that this was funny. I pointed out that I didn't know by appearance, you went off on an anti SL tangent. Conceal better.

That's funny!

If you have no idea who SL than you have no idea how he will definitely favor his players over others that are better. Plain and simple. His team Extreme is a good team but there are individual players that are better than his extreme players out there that won't be picked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny!

Is reputation precedes him?? You assumed he was the face off evaluator because of his reputation as a goalie? Stop it. Your digging yourself deeper and deeper.

At least 10 kids from his 91 team should make the team. Best around by far!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He did not do a good job with the face off kids. He segregated the kids he knew by name because he called only them by name and had them face off against one another. He did't pay much attention to the other kids. He never had them all rotate against one another. How is that being objective?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADD a true 14 yr old 2017 from Long Island to an ancient eight school. Details to follow when permitted. :-D
Don't know if realted to the above as "ancient eight" typically refers to the Ivy League. Just saw a LI Express 2017 LSM committed to Bucknell. Ty Zanders and Casey Vock from Inside Lacrosse tweeted the commitment. Congrats to the kid, great kid, great player. If Bucknell is taking kids this early, things are really moving up in terms of timeframe. They have typically not been considered an "early recruting" school nor have the other Patriot League schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, I figured out who SL is, but I believe that he was not at the high school session. Boy, do I wish my boy was in your middle school group. Sadly, we are a bit older. There are some real tacky, loud, cologne stinky guys in the younger aged groups, yes?

<<Post Deleted>>

Cage can we address both these posters and ask them to refrain from making derogatory comments about specific ethnic and religious groups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Cage are you kidding letting a post like that on these threads.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage can we address both these posters and ask them to refrain from making derogatory comments about specific ethnic and religious groups
These offensive posts have been removed.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hey Cage are you kidding letting a post like that on these threads.
The offending posts have been removed - the post was accidentally approved and we thought we had hit the delete button in our management console.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know if realted to the above as "ancient eight" typically refers to the Ivy League. Just saw a LI Express 2017 LSM committed to Bucknell. Ty Zanders and Casey Vock from Inside Lacrosse tweeted the commitment. Congrats to the kid, great kid, great player. If Bucknell is taking kids this early, things are really moving up in terms of timeframe. They have typically not been considered an "early recruting" school nor have the other Patriot League schools.

Is the school asking the kid to commit or vice versa? I pose that question to any 2017 commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the school asking the kid to commit or vice versa? I pose that question to any 2017 commit.

this is ALL the parents doings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ths Schools are asking the kids to commit. It is a great deal for the kids in my view and the parents are absolutely right to take the schools up on it. Also the 2017 kids that are being offered are superb players and the schools are smart for picking them up. Why wouldn't Bucknell want a LSM with speed and stick skills? They picked up another solid one in the 2016 class earlier in the year. They know what they are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the schools know what they are doing, but do the kids? Bucknell has a fantastic reputation, and many different academic opportunities, but does a 9th grader really know at this point what they want to do in life, what major they would want to pursue, what type of school they want to attend. Most seniors are unsure of these questions.

I wish all these kids the best of luck and hope it works out for them, but I fear that over the next 10 yeasr, there will be many bad choices made for the wrong reason.

The best advice my oldest son ever got from a coach was to not choose his school because of the lax program, but becasue the school was right for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolute BS! My son was there also. There was no one from 91 evaluating. Stop with the conspiracy theories

I saw Sal was there and spoke with Rooney. I also heard Mule was there but I personally didn't see him. So sir you are incorrect. [/quote]

First off...this is the 2017 forum, which is the HS tryout. I was speaking for the HS tryout. Secondly, you "heard" wrong, Mule' was not there. and lastly, the original poster on 12/8 @ 1:22 stated "Everywhere I looked I saw 91 jackets, hats, sweatshirts. I am NOT talking about the kids I am talking about the "EVALUATORS"." That's where I say BS & stop with the conspiracy theories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw Sal was there and spoke with Rooney. I also heard Mule was there but I personally didn't see him. So sir you are incorrect.

First off...this is the 2017 forum, which is the HS tryout. I was speaking for the HS tryout. Secondly, you "heard" wrong, Mule' was not there. and lastly, the original poster on 12/8 @ 1:22 stated "Everywhere I looked I saw 91 jackets, hats, sweatshirts. I am NOT talking about the kids I am talking about the "EVALUATORS"." That's where I say BS & stop with the conspiracy theories. [/quote]

Are you saying they weren't there, or they didn't have on 91 hats and jackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the schools know what they are doing, but do the kids? Bucknell has a fantastic reputation, and many different academic opportunities, but does a 9th grader really know at this point what they want to do in life, what major they would want to pursue, what type of school they want to attend. Most seniors are unsure of these questions.

I wish all these kids the best of luck and hope it works out for them, but I fear that over the next 10 yeasr, there will be many bad choices made for the wrong reason.

The best advice my oldest son ever got from a coach was to not choose his school because of the lax program, but becasue the school was right for him.

You're assuming he is a 14 yr old. He may be, or he may be a older (and hopefully wiser).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ths Schools are asking the kids to commit. It is a great deal for the kids in my view and the parents are absolutely right to take the schools up on it. Also the 2017 kids that are being offered are superb players and the schools are smart for picking them up. Why wouldn't Bucknell want a LSM with speed and stick skills? They picked up another solid one in the 2016 class earlier in the year. They know what they are doing.

Right. What they are doing is casting a wide net. What they are not doing is reaching the Championship spot. If you have the pocketbook for a great academic school like this then run with it. If your kid no longer plays the sport while attending, hopefully they are still attracted to the pursued degree otherwise its a 240K write off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. What they are doing is casting a wide net. What they are not doing is reaching the Championship spot. If you have the pocketbook for a great academic school like this then run with it. If your kid no longer plays the sport while attending, hopefully they are still attracted to the pursued degree otherwise its a 240K write off.

Stop with the left handed compliments. If your son had the same opportunity you'd be all over it. Further, life is about risks. You never experience anything if you don't lay it on the line sometimes. I would rather my son take a shot with one of these opportunities than to spend a lifetime thinking I could have, should have. What's the down side? If doesn't work out you move on and go down the next road. Most schools take transfer credits. How many kids who aren't even athletes go to a school, hate it for whatever reason and transfer? Happens all the time. I can think of certain current All American who took a shot a one school and it didn't workout, moved on and is having a stellar lax career, and getting a fine education at another school. Things can and do workout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player in the 2017 class has garnered enough attention from high level D1 coaches via his current LAX skill sets to even be considered for a commit at this point; what is the problem with that?

Most of these kids are way above the curve academically and from what I've witnessed speaking to many of these elite level players; is that they consistently conduct themselves at a much higher maturity level both socially and academically than your basic 14 year old, and as such, have valuable opinions about why they are willing to commit and why they are picking certain schools at this point in their life.

Perhaps this is unfathomable to parents of kids who are not performing at these levels; yet that should not be a basis for criticism towards those who are and will likely continue to remain. We all want what is best for our children in our opinions.

It is up to the individual player; his parents and the interested coaches to come to a common conclusion as to committing at this age or not.

It is not to be decided by public committee and opinion.

If your 2017 kid is fortunate enough to be considered to be committed at this time, then congrats to him for a fine job thus far. I wish them all continued success, as I do my own son, who is also a member of this small group of very special players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player in the 2017 class has garnered enough attention from high level D1 coaches via his current LAX skill sets to even be considered for a commit at this point; what is the problem with that?

Most of these kids are way above the curve academically and from what I've witnessed speaking to many of these elite level players; is that they consistently conduct themselves at a much higher maturity level both socially and academically than your basic 14 year old, and as such, have valuable opinions about why they are willing to commit and why they are picking certain schools at this point in their life.

Perhaps this is unfathomable to parents of kids who are not performing at these levels; yet that should not be a basis for criticism towards those who are and will likely continue to remain. We all want what is best for our children in our opinions.

It is up to the individual player; his parents and the interested coaches to come to a common conclusion as to committing at this age or not.

If your 2017 kid is fortunate enough to be considered to be committed at this time, then congrats to him for a fine job thus far. I wish them all continued success, as I do my own son, who is also a member of this small group of very special players.

Generally agree with the sentiment but the chest-pounding (last sentence) is what is nauseating and should stop. Each on their own time frame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Generally agree with the sentiment but the chest-pounding (last sentence) is what is nauseating and should stop. Each on their own time frame.

Agreed! "Small group of very special players" ?? What does that make everyone else? Sickening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the parents of the kids who are not being recruited that are complaining.

If you had a 9th or 10th grade "Non Athlete" and they were asked to commit to one of the following schools, how many people would say no thanks.

School US News Ranking

Princeton 1
University of Penn 7
Hopkins 12
Cornell 16
Notre Dame 18
Georgetown 20
Virginia 23
Michigan 28
University of North Carolina 30
Penn State 37
Ohio State 52
Maryland 62
Syracuse 62

Liberal Arts Colleges

Army 17
Colgate 20
Air Force 25
Bucknell 32

All of the above listed schools have many committed 2016's and they are now starting on the 2017's.

They are all good schools, good luck to NY kids trying to get into these schools without lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SORRY; IS IT A LARGE GROUP?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! "Small group of very special players" ?? What does that make everyone else? Sickening.

It means they are better than your kid....it's called life, everyone isnt the same...face facts, get in line and your time will come if it is meant to be. Be hapy for the boys who get an early look, most are deserved.

Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard