BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 144 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
... The new rules have the age cut off just like soccer now, August 31st, so all the kids were just fine. Now that the rules have changed what will the new excuse be for not being as good as 91 or Express?
This topic is not one related to just Team 91 or Team Express - let's clear that up right now. BOTC has let this discussion go far enough on the Express thread and will now step into the discussion.

The real issue is those of you involved in the youth lacrosse scene do not TRUST that age groups are being properly policed. The fact that US Lacrosse has issued new guidelines tied to getting a US Lacrosse-sanctioned tournament is great, but not everything is US Lacrosse sanctioned. All of which means that the TRUST issues will remain. As long as those TRUST issues remain, BOTC's message boards will be covered with such buzz.

The issue therefore comes back to how do you restore TRUST? First, you need to decide what organization exists that you do infact TRUST? Clearly, one can enforce birth dates at the tournament level, but that still opens a tournament organizer to questions of TRUST and turning the other way when players are checked-in for an event.

The only way to clear this TRUST barrier is to have US Lacrosse centrally sanction player passes and for the referee at the field to validate the roster and player passes at game time. Some youth lacrosse purists will bristle at this idea, but what other TRUST authority can you install in this process so that you have both the check and balance (sanctioning body, and referee) in validating the ages?

They do it in football, why not lacrosse? One of my favorite pictures is my son standing mid field with his defender. My sons Helmet was below the boy's shoulders, they were 11 at the time. I asked one of the dads how old the kid was and he vehemently asserted that the boy was 11. My son heard this and came over to tell us no way dad the kid has a beard. Our kids got totally blown out, and there was a lot of monkey in the middle going on. The other coach did not inflate the score but honestly whats the point? I even tried to kid around with the other parents but they just made nasty comments and refused to acknowlege that there kids were older. They were from CT. So it's not just teams around here.

The club teams operate outside of any leagues or govering body so they are left to be on the honor system. I know my son's team doesn't bring in any ringers. Some of the teams I saw this summer however just don't seem to care. Honestly, unless the individual tournmanet directors start asking for birth certificates and verifying them, I don't see anything changing in the near future. All the talk about ID cards and certified rosters are fine but who's going to pay for this and govern it? The quick answer is no one has the resources or money to implement it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EVERY top team in 2018 had older kids. Funny how the person that made the post singled out 91 and Express and forgot to mention other teams.
Stop crying over having a couple of kids that might be a couple of months older than others. Don't see the same complainers mention anything about teams that have young kids.
My sons' team happens to have a few of the youngest kids in the age group but you don't see us complaining about it.
The new rules have the age cut off just like soccer now, August 31st, so all the kids were just fine.
Now that the rules have changed what will the new excuse be for not being as good as 91 or Express?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No excuses jack wagon. Anytime you put kids on a team that should be playing in a higher grade due to age, to get an advantage, it's cheating. Sad. I bet you're under five nine !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the age rules slick.

FYI. Your mom knows my height.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if a team is 2018 then it is comprised of kids currently in 6th grade scheduled to graduate HS in 2018 - regardless of age so it is not cheating it is playing on a team based on school year not birth date, if you are on a 2018 team and they go to a U11 tournament and you your child does not fall into that age bracket of the tournament and they still play then that is cheating - but to arbitrarily say that they are cheating is not correct. As I understand the USLacrosse change of age rule it only pertains to teams and tournaments that are age based U15/U13 ect. and the cut off date is now Aug 31st. but again if you are on a 2018 team and playing in a 2018 league or tournament then any kid scheduled to graduate in 2018 being born in 1999 does not make him ineligible or a cheater.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Read the age rules slick.

FYI. Your mom knows my height.

Pass the popcorn, this getting good. LOL laugh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look, having kids on a team that are supposed to be on the next team up, simply put is cheating. If you want to justify it to yourself because they're in the same grade, great. When you have kids that are a year or potentially more than year older than the grade they're playing in it's wrong. When the average age is 11, and you have kids that are 12+ playing against them, it's an unfair advantage, period. When some crazy parent held their kid back and put them in kindergarten when they were 6 and a half that doesn't make it right. Now they're 12 and half and in sixth grade. That year extra of physical maturity is a major advantage. That kid belongs playing with kids his own age. Once again, the only way this garbage stops is when we start validating kids age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look, having kids on a team that are supposed to be on the next team up, simply put is cheating. If you want to justify it to yourself because they're in the same grade, great. When you have kids that are a year or potentially more than year older than the grade they're playing in it's wrong. When the average age is 11, and you have kids that are 12+ playing against them, it's an unfair advantage, period. When some crazy parent held their kid back and put them in kindergarten when they were 6 and a half that doesn't make it right. Now they're 12 and half and in sixth grade. That year extra of physical maturity is a major advantage. That kid belongs playing with kids his own age. Once again, the only way this garbage stops is when we start validating kids age.

I understand your point, the major problem with this thinking is that when the kid is in the summer going into 12th grade he will not have anywhere to play since he would be too old, but trust me, when they are getting recruited the college, the coaches want to know what year they are graduating not how old they are and in all school ball they will play by grade not age, I am a big believer in playing with your own grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sucks watching younger kids get physically beat up. But the truth is they get more out of that matchup than a bully team that folds when they finally play kids their own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X4N8Can you tell me why this age crap is on the express blog and does not have it's own forum. Also express filled all responsibilities last year and never did they relace any kid to make room for another

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
X4N8Can you tell me why this age crap is on the express blog and does not have it's own forum. Also express filled all responsibilities last year and never did they relace any kid to make room for another

Come on bro! The top teams @ Express and (others)recruit the older kids, that's why it's here. Also, kids who didn't even tryout showed up at all points during the season. They take playing time from other kids, who worked thier butt's off at practice to maybe get a little more playing time. Just a fact, its no big deal. Maybe the truth bothers you? Or do you have a guilty conscious? If that's your idea of "filled all responsibities", then that's all we need to know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the age issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been with express for a long time. They have never changed a kid that is team 91's motto have 3 friends there that it happened 2 ask an express parent not their way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been with express for a long time. They have never changed a kid that is team 91's motto have 3 friends there that it happened 2 ask an express parent not their way

Do any adults actually write like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope anonymous post from 10/6 about Coach Mcmanus is untrue. Know the Coach a few years now and all he has been to the EXpress is a good soldier, done what ever they asked. Had a very good team that was torn apart be higher ups, and still did well in the tornaments the played in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a good friend for bring that back topic back up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a business. Parents have to decide what works best for their kids. My son was getting skunked by our town PAL team when he was younger. He was always on the crap team so Express gave us the chance to get out there and play. He became so good that he started JV and moved up to Varsity Sophmore year. We live in a very competitive lacrosse town on the North Shore. Ultimately it became clear that Express favors the Chaminade kids and St Anthony's kids so it was time to go. He's now being recruited by top D3 AND D1 IVY schools playing for a different team. Believe me I am not preaching for EXPRESS. Its a good way to get your kid out there playing even if he's not on the A team. There are always options and parents need to do their homework and decide what works best for their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the Turtles are playing <Deleted> this Sunday?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
7TH GRADE DIVISION
Doc's NYC
Northport
Palm Bay Hurricanes
Brotherhood
Prime Time 2018/2017
Tenacious Turtles
LI Outlaws
LI Express 2017 Crimi
LI Express 2017 Korwan
LI Jesters

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have the schedule for Sunday if anyone needs it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 6th grade schedule

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxlaxlax
Does anyone know if the Turtles are playing in the <Deleted> this Sunday?

7TH GRADE DIVISION
Doc's NYC
Northport
Palm Bay Hurricanes
Brotherhood
Prime Time 2018/2017
Tenacious Turtles
LI Outlaws
LI Express 2017 Crimi
LI Express 2017 Korwan
LI Jesters
This tournament should have consulted with BOTC as several clubs in this age group (and immediately above and below) asked for tournament details for an event this weekend and nothing was on the BOTC calendar. As a result, about eight extra teams will not be playing this weekend. Bottom line is that there could have been more competition in this age group including at least one out of state club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you read what the Express did do their OWN KIDS this summer and what other parents have written, why on earth would you want your son to play for this for-profit business when there are better, cheaper alternatives.

Seriously, who ever heard of charging an outrageous fee like that for a TRYOUT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you read what the Express did do their OWN KIDS this summer and what other parents have written, why on earth would you want your son to play for this for-profit business when there are better, cheaper alternatives.

Seriously, who ever heard of charging an outrageous fee like that for a TRYOUT?

you are a little late to bash express party and revisiting tryout fees is old and spent, Express is not the highest fee for tryouts or the most expensive team to play on,

on another note, my son's express team was put together in the middle of September - we have had 5 practices with our 6th scheduled this week - we have played six games and two scrimmages so far and we have 3 more tournaments scheduled for the fall - it may be expensive but I am getting value for my money, could not be any happier.

My suggestion is to go to the thread for your child's team and try to be as supportive and happy as you can be and stop questioning me for how I choose to spend my money or invest in my child's athletic future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tournament should have consulted with BOTC as several clubs in this age group (and immediately above and below) asked for tournament details for an event this weekend and nothing was on the BOTC calendar. As a result, about eight extra teams will not be playing this weekend. Bottom line is that there could have been more competition in this age group including at least one out of state club.

Dude- first off, they have 6 fields and all the fields are being used all day Sat. and Sunday, I doubt that they could have accommodated any additional teams and second tone it down with the "They Should have consulted with BOTC....." BOTC is a nice little web site for the local lacrosse scene but you are hardly the be all and end all.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Commercial References
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dude- first off, they have 6 fields and all the fields are being used all day Sat. and Sunday, I doubt that they could have accommodated any additional teams and second tone it down with the "They Should have consulted with BOTC....." BOTC is a nice little web site for the local lacrosse scene but you are hardly the be all and end all.
Let's clear the decks on this issue. The tournament, the sponsoring organization, and all further references to the event are now officially off-limits. As your deleted points indicated, clearly they are all fine without BOTC - so, don't bother chatting them up here. Sounds fair to you, laxlaxlax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's Express team was also put together in September and we've heard very little, let alone have any practices, scrimmages or games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles are playing the 7th grade division with Express, Outlaws, Jesters, Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that Express is a great team but I do have a complaint. I was personally asked if we were going to St. Anthony's and when I responded no, we never heard from them again. Makes you wonder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's Express team was also put together in September and we've heard very little, let alone have any practices, scrimmages or games.

Are you talking about summer teams- or Fall teams? Sorry- I am confused.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by removing all commercial references does that include removing all mentions of corporations that run these youth teams and sponsor your site? when you put up tryout dates that have a fee attached how is that not a commercial reference? you have a great site but please me consistent and not hypocritical.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
by removing all commercial references does that include removing all mentions of corporations that run these youth teams and sponsor your site? when you put up tryout dates that have a fee attached how is that not a commercial reference? you have a great site but please me consistent and not hypocritical.
BOTC is certainly not removing all commerical references. Our policies across the board on tournaments and tryouts are very consistent and very transparent as our partners, sponsors, and readers would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC is certainly not removing all commerical references. Our policies across the board on tournaments and tryouts are very consistent and very transparent as our partners, sponsors, and readers would agree.

"Edit Reason: Removed Commercial References" - what you meant to say was removed for commercial references from someone we are not making money off of. and the real reason is because you got called out on your arrogant statement "they should have consulted us" when you really meant they should paid us. forget who your sponsors are and be fair and informative.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

"Edit Reason: Removed Commercial References" - what you meant to say was removed for commercial references from someone we are not making money off of. and the real reason is because you got called out on your arrogant statement "they should have consulted us" when you really meant they should paid us. forget who your sponsors are and be fair and informative.
Since you are drawing the wrong conclusion, we will share the details.

The deleted statement made indicated in rather terse terms that the suggested tournament and the named sponsor were here "long before BOTC" and "did not need BOTC" to further their tournament. That statement is perfectly fine and we respect that perspective.

BOTC moderators did not do anything with this issue until we were specifically told that the tournament "did not need BOTC". We had left all of the information, including the advertisement, prior to being told that they "did not need BOTC". Our intention was to actually cover this tournament this weekend with results and team information as one of the first Fall season events. Instead, on-site coverage will launch with Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks for writing; hopefully you now understand the full story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlaxlax
7TH GRADE DIVISION
Doc's NYC
Northport
Palm Bay Hurricanes
Brotherhood
Prime Time 2018/2017
Tenacious Turtles
LI Outlaws
LI Express 2017 Crimi
LI Express 2017 Korwan
LI Jesters

Interesting. I've been noticing that since the summer, the turtles typically are playing their grade level and not up as they have traditional done. Any one know why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the turtles played in "B" division over the summer in Maryland. Does anyone really care anymore about this over-hyped, glorified Express team anymore. It appears the coachesm and parents are on more of an EGO trip than the kids that play. Remember....Good players are just that "good players". All the other nonsense that goes on is just that.....Nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the kids on the Turtles could be 2016 year grads based on birth year. Good thing those new USL cut off dates don't apply. My son played them last summmer and one of their dad's was talking about it. It's all about the win I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the turtles played in "B" division over the summer in Maryland. Does anyone really care anymore about this over-hyped, glorified Express team anymore. It appears the coachesm and parents are on more of an EGO trip than the kids that play. Remember....Good players are just that "good players". All the other nonsense that goes on is just that.....Nonsense

Should be interested to see how the 8th grade express teams handle them. I did notice last year in a few of the turltes games I saw that the year in age made a big difference in the size of the opponents they played and the turtles were literally getting man handled on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The turtles are a talented team, they play hard and they practice weekly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 2016 graduating players (1998 birthdays)on the team. They have kids that cant play PAL football because of their age. I'm sure they will avoid any tournaments that would enforce age requirements. It's about putting pictures on the Express website.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have a bud of mine whos son plays on the Turtles. They are a straight 7th grade team who played 8th grade lax at Farmingdale and destroyed every team including Northport Pro and the self proclaimed best team on LI Riptide 8th grade. I am pretty sure they dont avoid any team in their age group and play tourneys in 7th for safety of the kids, if that matters to anyone. I am glad my kid isnt on this team purely based on the target they have on their back due to parental animosity on sites like this towards a well coached and well oiled machine. Kudos to them!

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 144 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard