BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Old argument, well covered last year. Xtreme and TLI teams are basically the same age - Dukes and Crabs are much older than both LI teams.

Basically? Close enough? TL has HS kids on team. How can you debate this?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so if the results on the field are undeniable, and extreme is such a superpower, than why does the coach actively recruit kids from other teams? Hey, If I had a team that won every game, I would want to stick with that team. Makes sense right? so why are extreme parents worried each season that their kid is going to be kicked to the curb and replaced by a kid from another team? because that's what happens when these TLI and Express kids take their spots right? just saying...

Each of the top LI and MD teams make many roster changes every year - it's the way it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Old argument, well covered last year. Xtreme and TLI teams are basically the same age - Dukes and Crabs are much older than both LI teams.

Basically? Close enough? TL has HS kids on team. How can you debate this?

It's not a debate. TLI and Xtreme are eligible for the same brackets in age-based tournies. They can't play each other in grade based tournies unless Xtreme goes 'up' in grade to play TLI, as they did last weekend. Same aged teams, different grade teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your indulgence. What I noticed in that game was a group of boys playing together to pull out another come from behind win against TLI - again. I don't think the boys or the organization really care what town or county or state they're from, but it is a little sad that it matters to you.
The thread was pounding Xtreme coaches for political roster picks - if the picks are so political, then why is TLI 0-2 against Xtreme in last last 12 months and Express 1-3? Political picks don't seem to be hurting Xtreme's results - that is the point of mentioning them. If the team is so political, then why doesn't anyone leave - like the way kids leave TLI and Express to go to Xtreme?

You just can't help yourself can u? Yes u did have that record, congratulations! I am not sure either team even bothers to play the almighty Xtreme. Everyone should just bow and forfeit at the sight of those Shiney helmets! please!!!!! But I will indulge u and answer your question. Have u noticed that half your team barley or doesn't play in close games?? Kids can't hurt u in games if they are not in there!!! If u didn't notice there wasn't an Xtreme goal scored by a long island kid in the TLI game. That being said if the kids and parents are ok with it then it's all good. Its their choice.

that's funny - no goals by a born, bred, and corn fed long islander.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for your indulgence. What I noticed in that game was a group of boys playing together to pull out another come from behind win against TLI - again. I don't think the boys or the organization really care what town or county or state they're from, but it is a little sad that it matters to you.
The thread was pounding Xtreme coaches for political roster picks - if the picks are so political, then why is TLI 0-2 against Xtreme in last last 12 months and Express 1-3? Political picks don't seem to be hurting Xtreme's results - that is the point of mentioning them. If the team is so political, then why doesn't anyone leave - like the way kids leave TLI and Express to go to Xtreme?

You just can't help yourself can u? Yes u did have that record, congratulations! I am not sure either team even bothers to play the almighty Xtreme. Everyone should just bow and forfeit at the sight of those Shiney helmets! please!!!!! But I will indulge u and answer your question. Have u noticed that half your team barley or doesn't play in close games?? Kids can't hurt u in games if they are not in there!!! If u didn't notice there wasn't an Xtreme goal scored by a long island kid in the TLI game. That being said if the kids and parents are ok with it then it's all good. Its their choice.

that's funny - no goals by a born, bred, and corn fed long islander.

No one cares. Its just an observation. You asked why Xtreme is so successful even though it is political. And how they recruited all the other teams best players. I was just pointing out that none of the kids recruited from TLI or Express made a significant impact. I would rather my son's team play the best kids out there to push themselves and improve. My point was that you don't need to actively to have a great team. TLI and Express do a great job in developing players. In addition u said nobody voluntarily left, which is true, but the 2 cast offs from 91 (possibly political reasons) played significant roles in a very close game. They competed with their former teammates and proved they belong on either team. Again all that being said, all these teams and coaches do a great job and put quality players and teams on the field. There is no need to get into childish pissing matches over who is better or wins and loses. It takes away from what is important. The kids have other teams in their backyard that they can compete at a high level with. When the parents need to make it more than it is it trickles down to the kids. Let the coaches and players do their talking on the field! Us parents need to stay quiet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talk about being 'quiet' but can't help yourself from throwing more kids under the bus - moving from the 'non long island kids' last night to the ex TLI/Express kids today. Every good team in the country actively recruits - if TLI doesn't then it is the exception to the rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talk about being 'quiet' but can't help yourself from throwing more kids under the bus - moving from the 'non long island kids' last night to the ex TLI/Express kids today. Every good team in the country actively recruits - if TLI doesn't then it is the exception to the rule.

Explain to me how saying 2 kids played significant roles in the game is throwing anyone under the bus??? Again just responding to your post about if some of the picks were political. Sometimes political picks are necessary for team chemistry or to secure another player, but there are many cases where the better player gets let go and the player that stays is not a significant contributor. My point with the 2 kids was to illustrate that they are very good players who could contribute to either team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of teams probably do recruit but how many offer scholarships to 7th and 8th graders just to get them on their team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you question whether kids and parents have a problem with 'non long island kids' on the team, you are throwing them under the bus. They are very aware of their outsider status and don't need parents on this thread pointing it out. When you assert that the ex TLI and Express kids were insignificant to the result of the game, you are throwing them under the bus. These kids all know who you are referring to; they all read this thread. Stop criticizing them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you question whether kids and parents have a problem with 'non long island kids' on the team, you are throwing them under the bus. They are very aware of their outsider status and don't need parents on this thread pointing it out. When you assert that the ex TLI and Express kids were insignificant to the result of the game, you are throwing them under the bus. These kids all know who you are referring to; they all read this thread. Stop criticizing them.

GO back and read. It says SIGNIFICANT. That is a compliment!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The relevant quote from you above: "none of the kids recruited from TLI or Express made a significant impact". If that's your idea of a compliment I would hate to see your criticism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok enough already. both teams play very well and how lucky are we that we can get great competition right here in our own backyard! Movement will continue to happen and parents need to move on and deal with it. we don't have to agree with each other but lets try to respect each other for the boys sake. remember, we are their role models

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok enough already. both teams play very well and how lucky are we that we can get great competition right here in our own backyard! Movement will continue to happen and parents need to move on and deal with it. we don't have to agree with each other but lets try to respect each other for the boys sake. remember, we are their role models

Amen! Please Stop making an issue where there is none! These teams have always had healthy competition. and the kids respect each other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that is a funny post. I'm sure the kids on Xtreme (particularly the 10 or so you criticized) read your posts and one phrase comes to their minds - 'role model'!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are people's thoughts on the brine tryouts? Here's mine: With the amount of money that was taken in, is it possible that they could have gotten some impartial evaluators? SL coach of Extreme? Really? Of the 10 players he had there if more than 3 or 4 make the team it's a total sham.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
So what are people's thoughts on the brine tryouts? Here's mine: With the amount of money that was taken in, is it possible that they could have gotten some impartial evaluators? SL coach of Extreme? Really? Of the 10 players he had there if more than 3 or 4 make the team it's a total sham.
BOTC has been discussing this same topic in the Boys 2017 thread. Did you know that the organizers put out an open call for evaluators to register approximately three weeks before the event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC has been discussing this same topic in the Boys 2017 thread. Did you know that the organizers put out an open call for evaluators to register approximately three weeks before the event?

Seems to me, with the amount of revenue generated, they clearly could have secured impartial judges with no ties to local lax community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me, with the amount of revenue generated, they clearly could have secured impartial judges with no ties to local lax community.

My son plays for the Terps and was at the tryout yesterday - I have an older son that has already played in the event so I have been through this before. here are a few of my opinions based on this post and a few on the 2017 thread.

1) this is a business and the goal of most businesses is to maximize profits, anything done to change the set up of this tryout and tournament is to make it better so more people will come to tryouts and they will make more money - and I think this is ok, it just is what it is)

2) the format sucked, I do not see how you can evaluate kids for a lacrosse team when they never had a chance to play lacrosse, the better "Athletes" could be missed in a skill/half field only tryout. They never had a chance to play lacrosse - if it was my event, I would have had four 45 minute games. Each kid would play in one game of Lacrosse - 2 field, 4 game, 8 team, 20 kids per team and 160 kids getting evaluated playing lacrosse.

3) I don't care if SL picks the entire team by himself or has nothing to do with the selection, any LI MS team would have 8-10 Extreme players on it if they wanted to win. Everybody needs to cut the crap about him having a clipboard, personally I don't think a father should be on the field if they have a kid in the tryout but I also think that if any of the Extreme players make this team over your or my kid it is because they are better then your or my kid not because Sal was on the field at the tryout.

4) This is a great summer event that gives kid a chance to play on a LI team with players they normally compete against and anybody that is fortunate enough to make this should be very happy for the experience their kid is going to have, My older son made strong friendships on this team that remains three years later, so good luck and enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just how do you propose this happens? Have 7 evaluators from South Jersey come to LI on a Sunday in December to a 3hour tryout? Then everyone would be complaining my son had a bad tryout, they did not know my son.... My son was there - was it perfect, no. Is it a good lesson for the players; darn yes, you are not always going to get a fair look, you are not always going to be on a line with capable players, if you are schooled in fundamentals, and know how to play lacrosse you will play hard and let the chips fall where they may...if you can only be a spot-up shooter, can't go left, don't want to pass you were exposed (whether they make the team or not)take it as a lesson...and no 40 more private lessons are not going to fix it - be an athlete, be a player... The one change I would recommend would be to seperate the age groups, there is no way for even a decent 6th grader to compete with 8th graders. In other areas of the country I am sure they have an issue with pure numbers so they have to include those age groups, not so on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year when the middle school rosters were posted the same complaints we are starting to see came out. Replace 2017 with 2018 and replace Turtle with Extreme and you could avoid having to even post this year. Just recycle last year's posts.

The good stuff is that 6 months later the LI North team crushed everyone and the LI South team played very well. The approximately 50 2017s who made up the two teams generally had a good experience. There were some expections (read the old posts).

This year with the LI Pride games there will be more time to evaluate so the process is already improved from last year. Not perfect, but improved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just how do you propose this happens? Have 7 evaluators from South Jersey come to LI on a Sunday in December to a 3hour tryout? Then everyone would be complaining my son had a bad tryout, they did not know my son.... My son was there - was it perfect, no. Is it a good lesson for the players; darn yes, you are not always going to get a fair look, you are not always going to be on a line with capable players, if you are schooled in fundamentals, and know how to play lacrosse you will play hard and let the chips fall where they may...if you can only be a spot-up shooter, can't go left, don't want to pass you were exposed (whether they make the team or not)take it as a lesson...and no 40 more private lessons are not going to fix it - be an athlete, be a player... The one change I would recommend would be to seperate the age groups, there is no way for even a decent 6th grader to compete with 8th graders. In other areas of the country I am sure they have an issue with pure numbers so they have to include those age groups, not so on LI

Thank you.......spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.......spot on
I may be way off, but did some person state that there was no way that a 6th grader could compete with an 8th grader on the same field? May I invite the next person to point out what is so confusing about that assertion? Shall we discriminate here, as PD and FD have been forced to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fantastic idea, Albert Einstein. I am sure that we would all approve of the fee increase as well, to ferry the folks from other states. Sorry about the shot, but evaluators in hoods sound good? Wait, I am not sorry.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Fantastic idea, Albert Einstein. I am sure that we would all approve of the fee increase as well, to ferry the folks from other states. Sorry about the shot, but evaluators in hoods sound good? Wait, I am not sorry.
Did anyone think that Tom Rotanz would be an excellent evaluator as he has a deep knowledge of the game along with twenty years of coaching experience? If not him specifically, he would have been the first source I would have contacted for ideas on pulling together an evaluation commmitee.

This does not need to be controversial - it does require credible names, respected within the community, and without immediate local to the players on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey dunce, with all the local colleges right here on LI you could easily get some local well informed lax guys to evaluate wth no ties to the club scene. Imagine that! Albert Einstein... What a punk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for the Terps and was at the tryout yesterday - I have an older son that has already played in the event so I have been through this before. here are a few of my opinions based on this post and a few on the 2017 thread.

1) this is a business and the goal of most businesses is to maximize profits, anything done to change the set up of this tryout and tournament is to make it better so more people will come to tryouts and they will make more money - and I think this is ok, it just is what it is)

2) the format sucked, I do not see how you can evaluate kids for a lacrosse team when they never had a chance to play lacrosse, the better "Athletes" could be missed in a skill/half field only tryout. They never had a chance to play lacrosse - if it was my event, I would have had four 45 minute games. Each kid would play in one game of Lacrosse - 2 field, 4 game, 8 team, 20 kids per team and 160 kids getting evaluated playing lacrosse.

3) I don't care if SL picks the entire team by himself or has nothing to do with the selection, any LI MS team would have 8-10 Extreme players on it if they wanted to win. Everybody needs to cut the crap about him having a clipboard, personally I don't think a father should be on the field if they have a kid in the tryout but I also think that if any of the Extreme players make this team over your or my kid it is because they are better then your or my kid not because Sal was on the field at the tryout.

4) This is a great summer event that gives kid a chance to play on a LI team with players they normally compete against and anybody that is fortunate enough to make this should be very happy for the experience their kid is going to have, My older son made strong friendships on this team that remains three years later, so good luck and enjoy

The point is, there are kids on other club teams that are just as big, strong, fast and talented as those on Xtreme. Does that team have more of them? Yes. However, if you watched the tryouts yesterday you would see that while some of the xtreme kids did well, on a whole they were much less standout as they are collectively as a team. Plenty of kids from other clubs and kids with town helmets on that were just as strong. Perhaps we'll see that in the final group. However, given the evaluators club ties, I doubt that will be the result. Those are just the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone think that Tom Rotanz would be an excellent evaluator as he has a deep knowledge of the game along with twenty years of coaching experience? If not him specifically, he would have been the first source I would have contacted for ideas on pulling together an evaluation commmitee.

This does not need to be controversial - it does require credible names, respected within the community, and without immediate local to the players on the field.

Cage - I can't believe that after all these years you still don't get it!!!! below is the post that would have appeared the day after a Tom Rotanz run tryout

"SOS, TR had all the kids that warmed up with the power shaft on one team and he watched them the whole time. I heard he actually cut a kid before the start of the tryout when he found out the kid's uncle is on the SWR school board. this is going to be a very Suffolk oriented team with TR picking it, he is going to take care of all his buddy's teams, I saw 5 evaluators with WM and RP scarves on and you know who they are taking!!!!!! Why can't the get the club coaches to do the evaluations, MC and SL know these kids better then anyone and they would be fair and pick the best team"

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage - I can't believe that after all these years you still don't get it!!!! below is the post that would have appeared the day after a Tom Rotanz run tryout

"SOS, TR had all the kids that warmed up with the power shaft on one team and he watched them the whole time. I heard he actually cut a kid before the start of the tryout when he found out the kid's uncle is on the SWR school board. this is going to be a very Suffolk oriented team with TR picking it, he is going to take care of all his buddy's teams, I saw 5 evaluators with WM and RP scarves on and you know who they are taking!!!!!! Why can't the get the club coaches to do the evaluations, MC and SL know these kids better then anyone and they would be fair and pick the best team"
Thanks very much for the light-hearted post. This did make us laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The middle school tryouts were a joke. My son was on team 1 which spent the whole time on the second field. And for the last two hours, no evaluator had a clipboard in his hands. Not one. The evaluators were yelling instructions to 91 and express kids they know. As one expected, my sense is a majority of spots were/ are predetermined. I get it (to an extent...if a Xtreme stud sucked at tryout, he probably should get a spot in the Pride of LI by reputation). But evaluators....at least try to present that it's a fair tryout. Hold clipboards as you yell out the kids whose names you know. At least parents may think our kids have somewhat of a fair chance and may pony up money again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an Extreme parent, but if only 3 or 4 make it would surprise me. The Extreme kids definitely stood out as did most of the Terps. One evaluator does not have make the decision, he is giving up his time and I applaud him for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to disagree, if the spots were predetermined, why would they change a format of the tryouts. Previous years I would have to agree with you since the tryout determined the 2 teams going to Brine. This year, they are selecting 3 or 4 teams to play against each other to then pick the top players to represent LI. I personally believe my child will be selected to one of those teams and I can guarantee he will work and give 110% in hopes of being selected. That is the only true measure, not clipboards and discouraged parents who then make excuses for their child's efforts. I overheard several parents complaining about the format, the cold, the clipboards. Let's just stop the whining, your kids hear you whine and in turn they use that as an excuse for not performing to their best.

The middle school tryouts were a joke. My son was on team 1 which spent the whole time on the second field. And for the last two hours, no evaluator had a clipboard in his hands. Not one. The evaluators were yelling instructions to 91 and express kids they know. As one expected, my sense is a majority of spots were/ are predetermined. I get it (to an extent...if a Xtreme stud sucked at tryout, he probably should get a spot in the Pride of LI by reputation). But evaluators....at least try to present that it's a fair tryout. Hold clipboards as you yell out the kids whose names you know. At least parents may think our kids have somewhat of a fair chance and may pony up money again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The joke to me were people that bought down their 70 lbs 6th graders to tryout for this team. My son is in 8th grade is 5'6" and 145lbs and I would not bring him down last year as a 7th grader because I thought it was a waist of time and money and I also felt that he can go as an 8th grader and experience the event once (if he makes it) and if he can't make it as an 8th grader he certainly wasn't going to make it as a 7th grader. Parents need to stop setting your kids up for failure, they need a reality check - people are complaining about the evaluators when half the kids couldn't play. There is no 6th grader on LI that could make Xtreme or Terps and probably not too many 7th graders that could. Do you really think that Per-Puberty Paulie is going to make a Long Island all-star team made up of 8th graders? My guess is that you had 25 kids that will be playing JV this year and probably a couple that will be on their varsities by the end of the year so keep complaining about the evaluators and ignore that your kid is not good enough or is not ready yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to disagree, if the spots were predetermined, why would they change a format of the tryouts. Previous years I would have to agree with you since the tryout determined the 2 teams going to Brine. This year, they are selecting 3 or 4 teams to play against each other to then pick the top players to represent LI. I personally believe my child will be selected to one of those teams and I can guarantee he will work and give 110% in hopes of being selected. That is the only true measure, not clipboards and discouraged parents who then make excuses for their child's efforts. I overheard several parents complaining about the format, the cold, the clipboards. Let's just stop the whining, your kids hear you whine and in turn they use that as an excuse for not performing to their best.

Its another money grab if they charge. Plain and simple. Another way to get peoples money. Smoke and mirrors. Ok here is the scenario: Kid has monster tryout. Gives 150%. Really stands out. People notice and say it. Then when team selection is made your kid is not on team. Whats the reason? It happens all the time. What people or evaluators dont see or know is that kid who just performed so well finally hit puberty and has been busting his [lacrosse] training and preparing for this tryout for 5 months. Hasnt put his stick down. While others were sitting on their asses and everyone else is catching up or passing them. No excuses, it was cold for everyone. All played in same conditions, woke up early, etc.. But many will be picked based on reputation or team affiliation. Not how they do at tryout. I have heard ohh he was hurt or had a bad tryout many times for some of the better kids when they dont perform well.There is one player who was a tryout that I consider one of the best around but he had a horrible tryout. Looked like everyone else. If there were unbiased neutral evaluators he would be on the cusp of making a team. Isnt that life. You dont make a team on reputation but on the days performance. The kids will tell you who will be on the team before a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The joke to me were people that bought down their 70 lbs 6th graders to tryout for this team. My son is in 8th grade is 5'6" and 145lbs and I would not bring him down last year as a 7th grader because I thought it was a waist of time and money and I also felt that he can go as an 8th grader and experience the event once (if he makes it) and if he can't make it as an 8th grader he certainly wasn't going to make it as a 7th grader. Parents need to stop setting your kids up for failure, they need a reality check - people are complaining about the evaluators when half the kids couldn't play. There is no 6th grader on LI that could make Xtreme or Terps and probably not too many 7th graders that could. Do you really think that Per-Puberty Paulie is going to make a Long Island all-star team made up of 8th graders? My guess is that you had 25 kids that will be playing JV this year and probably a couple that will be on their varsities by the end of the year so keep complaining about the evaluators and ignore that your kid is not good enough or is not ready yet.

I don't think anyone was talking about undersized 6th and 7th graders. I think the real issue is with the kids who are not on the terps or Extreme. I can think of a number of players at every position that were wearing town or other club helmets and matched up very well against Extreme or terp players. That is the point. Many of these kids were just as big, strong, fast and talented. To some of the previous posters points, they will be the ones passed over in favor of those affiliated with certain clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many 7th and 6th graders showed up?
I know of a limited amount of towns that are fortunate to have both a 6th and a 7th grader who can physically match up to 8th graders and could've try out. (size 5'4"+ 150lbs+) Many of those boys play on some pretty good travel teams. Would they beat out an Extreme Player or Terp; not sure, doubt it. I just hope next year we don't have a replay of the same issues as in the past 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of a limited amount of towns that are fortunate to have both a 6th and a 7th grader who can physically match up to 8th graders and could've try out. (size 5'4"+ 150lbs+) Many of those boys play on some pretty good travel teams. Would they beat out an Extreme Player or Terp; not sure, doubt it. I just hope next year we don't have a replay of the same issues as in the past 2 years.

There were a number of 6th and 7th graders that were there that should not have been. They truley adversely effected the tryout for the 8th graders. A zip pass in the stick gets dropped and next group is going. A hard check is avoided by just backing in and taking too much time and the drill stopped. When touches are limited like they were on Sunday. Having a few weak 6th or 7th graders in your group hurt you. It also could make players look a lot better than they are going against these players. Just either break the tryouts into age based groups then combine them or eliminate the two younger years. Long Island doesnt have a shortage of players like other regions and should be treated a bit differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Long Island doesnt have a shortage of players like other regions and should be treated a bit differently." WOW! You are really full of yourself. As for the 6th and 7th graders, this is a learning experience for them to see what they need to improve on. Past years have proven that very few of the 6th and 7th graders are selected but it was something the returning kids used knowing what is expected. I think you feel your child didn't perform well and now using the younger kids as an excuse.

There were a number of 6th and 7th graders that were there that should not have been. They truley adversely effected the tryout for the 8th graders. A zip pass in the stick gets dropped and next group is going. A hard check is avoided by just backing in and taking too much time and the drill stopped. When touches are limited like they were on Sunday. Having a few weak 6th or 7th graders in your group hurt you. It also could make players look a lot better than they are going against these players. Just either break the tryouts into age based groups then combine them or eliminate the two younger years. Long Island doesnt have a shortage of players like other regions and should be treated a bit differently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Long Island doesnt have a shortage of players like other regions and should be treated a bit differently." WOW! You are really full of yourself. As for the 6th and 7th graders, this is a learning experience for them to see what they need to improve on. Past years have proven that very few of the 6th and 7th graders are selected but it was something the returning kids used knowing what is expected. I think you feel your child didn't perform well and now using the younger kids as an excuse.

He is not "full of himself" he is stating a fact and obviously has an understanding of this event, some regions can not full a roster even with 6th and 7th graders, and even with their 6th and 7th graders they still only show up with 15 players and then alternates from other areas (long Island) fill in the rosters. LI could field 3 competitive teams. As far as it being a learning experience for the 6th and 7th graders, well they learned that it can get really cold in December and that they are not big enough, strong enough and skilled enough to compete with Xtremley good eight graders - I could have taught them that for half the money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We advancing players are now posted on brine website
75 Middle Schoolers

73 8th grade vs. 2 7th grade

25 - Team 91
20 - LI Express
10 - fl$
5 - Team Long Island

Ther are 6 blanks and no other club/town has more than 1 name listed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like the years past, only 2 2019 kids are even selected even in this format, a year does make a big difference.

We advancing players are now posted on brine website
75 Middle Schoolers

73 8th grade vs. 2 7th grade

25 - Team 91
20 - LI Express
10 - fl$
5 - Team Long Island

Ther are 6 blanks and no other club/town has more than 1 name listed

Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard