BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys Spring 2011 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also still have WM ahead of Sachem North and Smithtown West until I see some results in the early scrimmages.

I liked Sachem North as a sleeper team before last season, so I will not be surprised if they do turn out to dominate this year, but I need to see something first.
Does everybody miss that Sachem North has 9 D1 players on the team this year. At the top 50 game, Andreassi was lighting it up for Suffolk.

Can anybody tell me who is a better attackman on Long Island then Andreassi? The core of players around Mike should put SN over the hump.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me who is a better attackman on Long Island then Andreassi? The core of players around Mike should put SN over the hump.
Andreassi is a great player, but there are plenty of great players on Long Island. Is he the best attackman in Section XI or Class A? Great hardnosed player, but perhaps not the best. What about Pannell?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A- Smithtown West over Farmingdale- this was definitely the hardest class to predict. I think with Hicksville losing Gamblin, Farmingdale has to be the favorite out of Nassau, but I would not be surprised by any of four teams (West Islip, Ward Melville, Sachem North, Smithtown West) winning Suffolk. I think SW's firepower on offense wins out in the end. If they absolutely need a goal, they just have so many options. I say they top SN in a high-scoring Suffolk final along the lines of 15-14.

B- Garden City over Shoreham-Wading River- Garden City-Manhasset will be a fantastic Nassau final which I think will be close and low-scoring due to both teams' fantastic defenses. Somewhere in the 6-5 or 7-6 neighborhood. SWR has good young players on both sides of the ball (Rotanz, Mahoney) but they're no match for a much deeper GC squad in the LI championship.
Sachem North will go undefeated with big wins over West Islip, Smithtown West, Ward Melville, and Farmingdale for the Long Island Championship. They have one of the best offenses in the entire country this year, a solid defense, and a good coach. Sachem North will also win the State Championship.

Comsewogue will also go undefeated and revenge a bad loss to Garden City in overtime last year after leading by 2 with 2 minutes to play. Many weapons on offense, solid/deep defense and goalie(s), and the best coach on LI. Comsewogue will also win the State Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a D1 expert like some are on the forum but I am familiar with Players in D2

Top attack
SWR
Comsewogue
Sayville

Top Midfield
Comsewogue
ESM
Islip

Top D
Comsewogue
Sayville
Rocky Point

Top keepers
Fleming-Sayville
Bonacum-comeswogue
Hubbard-westhampton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the weather appears to be changing (I can just about see my mailbox) I'm wondering if anyone has a handle on the starting lineups for the proposed "top teams" in Class A.

Being that most teams graduated their pivotal players from last year I'm curious which young blood will surprise a few people. If anyone can break this down into positions it would be greatly appreciated. Ideas?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any thoughts on how the California and Colorado teams will handle playing on the Island this Spring? Varsity boys teams from Garden City, Long Beach, Farmingdale, Wantagh, Holy Trinity and Southside all have games with teams from these western states this year. Opinions?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone have any thoughts on how the California and Colorado teams will handle playing on the Island this Spring? Varsity boys teams from Garden City, Long Beach, Farmingdale, Wantagh, Holy Trinity and Southside all have games with teams from these western states this year. Opinions?
Based on what information has been sent to BOTC Industries, Cherry Creek (Colorado) will be competitive with both South Side and Wantagh. San Ramon will be hard pressed to stay with Garden City as will Foothill against Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Based on what information has been sent to BOTC Industries, Cherry Creek (Colorado) will be competitive with both South Side and Wantagh. San Ramon will be hard pressed to stay with Garden City as will Foothill against Farmingdale.
I'm very curious to see how Cherry Creek holds up; those are two quality programs they're playing.

We are getting more out of region competition which is a great thing to see. Interesting that we see more of this happening in lacrosse and yet other sports cannot seem to make it happen. Perhaps this is just because Long Island really is the center for the LAX universe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the Empire Games? Keenan and Pannell????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arent Empire Games Cancelled??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterday was a really good "Snow Melt Day"! Let's hope we get some more in the next two weeks and get the boys on the fields before the end of their senior year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent Empire Games Cancelled??
From the Empire Games Summer Web Site :

Due to New York State's fiscal crisis, the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, along with other state agencies, has instituted a number of operational reductions. The changes are outlined below:

Knox Farms State Park in East Aurora, New York will be closed.

The Empire State Game programs have been discontinued.

For information about the Winter Games in Lake Placid conducted by the Lake Placid CVB and local municipalities please visit www.empirestatewintergames.com.

Please check the website again for links to prior year Games' results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See this Empire State Lacrosse Games story to get a full rundown on last year's empire state games team including Keenan, Pannell, and Gamblin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also still have WM ahead of Sachem North and Smithtown West until I see some results in the early scrimmages.

I liked Sachem North as a sleeper team before last season, so I will not be surprised if they do turn out to dominate this year, but I need to see something first.
I'm a long time Sachem Alum, but wanted to chime in about the talk with them this year. First off, I do (in my biased opinion) think they are the real deal. I wouldn't be so quick to give reason for their possible success to just the "transfer" players. They have a very deep, athletic team with a lot of talented players to being with.

With the exception of perhaps Gamblin, I would argue most of the new guys aren't going to be game changers but rather round out the edges and provide depth.

This is a team that before the "new" guys had 3 empire players along with several younger guys playing in the LI showcase games. We'll see when the games and scrimmages begin where the new players fit in, but I really think you would be underestimating the home grown talent on that team if everyone assumes all of them will step right in and play and "bring" a championship to Sachem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a long time Sachem Alum, but wanted to chime in about the talk with them this year. First off, I do (in my biased opinion) think they are the real deal. I wouldn't be so quick to give reason for their possible success to just the "transfer" players. They have a very deep, athletic team with a lot of talented players to being with.

With the exception of perhaps Gamblin, I would argue most of the new guys aren't going to be game changers but rather round out the edges and provide depth.

This is a team that before the "new" guys had 3 empire players along with several younger guys playing in the LI showcase games. We'll see when the games and scrimmages begin where the new players fit in, but I really think you would be underestimating the home grown talent on that team if everyone assumes all of them will step right in and play and "bring" a championship to Sachem.
The season hasn't started yet and Sachem has work to do before they win anything. Remember they lost to Smithtown West twice, Smithtown East, Connecquot, Ward Melville (blown out) and lost to an average Floyd team. Single goals against East Islip and Patchogue-Medford ... and do not forget about West Islip in the whole discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW cannot be a surprise to anyone - they were supposed to "surprise" everyone in each of the last two seasons. Perhaps this is their year, if they can keep the #1 ranked Sachem North team at bay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk will have at least two in the top ten (nationally) by the end of the year, given the non-leagee games. We'll see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale has many of last year's team returning and they have close to 10 D1 committed players so they should be able to dominate there conference this year.

The biggest question mark will be in goal. Farmingdale's junior goalie has already committed to Ohio State but he has never started a varsity game and was on the JV team last year. Nobody knows yet if the senior who was the backup last year or the Junior will start.

Baldwin always plays Farmingdale tough and I don't expect that to change this year. The Baldwin coach is a Farmingdale alum and gets up for this match up every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for everyone: Who are the guys in the Suffolk County league should the country keep an eye on? As for goalies:
Oliveri (Connetquot)
Cordts (Northport)
Turri (West Islip)
Flood (Bay Shore)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Suffolk and Nassau County along with the MIAA league from Maryland are recognized nationally as being the best. Enjoy it while it lasts because with the growth of the game and youth/little leagues popping up all over the country the days of dominance will eventually come to an end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Suffolk and Nassau County along with the MIAA league from Maryland are recognized nationally as being the best. Enjoy it while it lasts because with the growth of the game and youth/little leagues popping up all over the country the days of dominance will eventually come to an end.
I'm sorry but this post is just not true. The traditional hotbeds will always be hotbeds. You don't see great football players coming from LI, and football is popular all over. On LI, lacrosse is more important. It will never be that way in most of the rest of the country.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC Industries has seen a report stating the following : "I was told by a Varsity Coach from Half Hollow Hills (not the lax coach) that the HHH AD told all coaches not to schedule any games with Catholic High Schools as he did not want to spotlight the schools to their student athletes." There is apparently backlash that the public schools do not wish to put St. Anthony's and others on stage.

The expection appears to be the ongoing Manhasset vs. Chaminade (boys only) rivalry.

Comments from our readers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC Industries has seen a report stating the following : "I was told by a Varsity Coach from Half Hollow Hills (not the lax coach) that the HHH AD told all coaches not to schedule any games with Catholic High Schools as he did not want to spotlight the schools to their student athletes." There is apparently backlash that the public schools do not wish to put St. Anthony's and others on stage.

The expection appears to be the ongoing Manhasset vs. Chaminade (boys only) rivalry.

Is there a list of schools in Section XI that have established this unofficial policy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a list of schools in Section XI that have established this unofficial policy?
No one is going to outright admit to this policy. The problem is that the Section XI folks think it's more important for the top Class A and Class B programs to demolish lower ranked opponents during scrimmages and preseason rather than scheduling top schools outside the division. The lone exception seems to be West Islip which goes outside of its comfort zone to really be seen on a national level.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Adidas National Lacrosse Classic has announced the 2011 High School Underclassmen All-Americans. The Eastern Regional Team includes many Long Island names and we are sharing that list to allow the rising players to be recognized.

Amendola Joey D 2012 Manorville NY
Bruckner Jack M 2013 Belle Terre NY

Cadan Sam M 2013 Westport CT
Crawley John A 2013 Port Washington NY
Cutrone John M 2012 Huntington NY

Davis Samuel M 2012 Pittsfield MA
DeLuca Frank G 2012 Farmingdale NY
Doyle Christopher D 2012 Brooklyn NY
Enchill A.J. M 2012 Pittsfield MA
Evans Charles M 2012 Mahopsc NY
Fiore Christopher G 2012 Staten Island NY
Fusco Frank A 2012 Yorktown Heights NY
LaMonica Jonathan D 2013 Deer Park NY
Mahoney Chris D 2012 Shoreham NY
Muller Daniel M 2012 Massapequa NY
Popdan Robert D 2012 Bayport NY
Reilly Conor D 2012 Huntington NY
Rigo Tyler A 2012 East Islip NY
Scarano Ryan M 2012 Wantagh NY
Strano Nicholas M 2012 Rocky Point NY
Toscano Luke D 2013 Kings Park NY

Tyrrell Taber D 2012 Andover MA
Ward Brian A 2013 Bayport NY
Zakow Evan A 2012 South Huntington NY
Zenker Tom M 2013 Melville NY

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Additional names to watch from the Upstate New York area - covering the Syracuse area.

Antonio Jonathan M 2012 Lancaster NY
Beresovoy Nathan M 2013 Jamesville NY
Burkus Ken M 2012 Vestal NY
Carlin Patrick M 2014 Vestal NY
Ciferri Paolo M 2012 Ithaca NY
Clarkson Kyle A 2012 Painted Post NY
Condon Matthew M 2012 Penfield NY
Conroy Tyler D 2012 Buffalo NY
Cosens Tanner G 2013 Endwell NY
DiMillo Adam M 2014 West Seneca NY
Gilray Matthew D 2013 Oshawa ON
Guy Jacob D 2013 Ontario NY
Hartman John D 2013 Painted Post NY
Jurk Bryce M 2013 Carlisle ON
Kitchen Robert A 2012 Rochester NY
Lang Trevor D 2012 Bath NY
Miller Matthew A 2013 Geneva NY
Miller Seth M 2012 Spencerport NY
Moore Zach D 2012 Corning NY
Morse Tanner M 2012 Painted Post NY
Sheridan Patrick G 2012 Fairport NY
Swartzman Joshua D 2013 Canandaigua NY
Vivian Patrick D 2012 Slingerlands NY
Wilson Mitchell M 2013 Orchard Park NY
Ziolkowski Mark M 2012 Apalachin NY

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Key names from the Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island Lacrosse scene from the Adidas 2011 High School Underclassmen All-Americans listing.

Bowman Brandon D 2013 Foxboro MA
Brown Stephen D 2012 Quincy MA
Caley Ryan D 2014 Beverly MA
Herbert Timothy M 2012 Mansfield MA
Herring Mikey A 2014 Dedham MA
Johansen Christian A 2012 Etna NH
LaCroix Matthew M 2013 Westfield MA
Latour Cory D 2012 Dorset VT
Lucchese AJ A 2013 Sudbury MA
Macri Ryan D 2013 South Hamilton MA
Mumford Peter G 2013 Plymouth NH
Murphy Cameron D 2012 Walpole MA
Nadeau Austin M 2012 Walpole MA
O'Connor John M 2012 Canton NY
ODonnell Cody D 2013 Smithfield RI
Oteri Timothy D 2012 Andover MA
Poirier Ryan A 2012 Warwick RI
Price Nick M 2012 Andover MA
Rotman Jake M 2012 Sharon MA
Ryan William G 2012 Beverly Farms MA
Shumway John A 2013 South Hadley MA
Slatton Cameron A 2012 Billerica MA
Tonsberg Brandon M 2012 Kingston MA
Vautour Jeremy M 2012 Hampton NH
Vazquez Nathaniel A 2012 Haverhill MA

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our fourth and final listing from the Adidas 2011 High School Underclassmen All-Americans covering the New Jersey Lacrosse area.

Andersen Jake G 2012 Flemington NJ
Battaglia William A 2012 Madison NJ
Bringewatt Ryan M 2012 Summit NJ
Clemente Michael M 2012 Madison NJ
Donnelly Sean A 2012 Peapack NJ
Frankel Kobi A 2012 Kinnelon NJ
Goodberlet Thomas D 2013 Bridgewater NJ
Hirsch Zach M 2012 Wyckoff NJ
Longordo John M 2012 Bridgewater NJ
Lyons Connor A 2014 Flemington NJ
Mahn Ryan M 2012 Pennington NJ
Malecki Alex G 2012 Hillsborough NJ
Markey George A 2012 Neshanic station NJ
McManus Michael M 2012 Madison NJ
McPeters Charles D 2013 West Caldwell NJ
Melekos Alexander D 2012 Moorestown NJ
Meth Connor A 2012 Basking Ridge NJ
O'Donoghue Patrick D 2012 Whitehouse Station NJ
Plant Danny M 2012 Huntington NY
Raposo Anthony M 2012 Oldwick NJ
Riefberg Brendan D 2012 Flanders NJ
Sawyer Chris M 2012 Whitehouse Station NJ
Serrante Michael M 2012 Bridgewater NJ
Weichert Will D 2013 Chatham NJ
Whitaker Logan D 2012 Milford NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see St. Anthony's scrimmage Garden City and play Darien (Connecticut) while Chaminade plays Manhassett and West Islip. Wish that there was more public vs. private school overlap matches like these.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard this said in our Nassau County school district - avoid losing players to the sports-only Catholic League schools and in particular, St. Anthony's. While our AD would not admit it verbally, there was definitely a nod of the head that came with the answer. Seems like there is a Nassau County mini-blackballing involved here when it comes to real games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Adidas National Lacrosse Classic has announced the 2011 High School Underclassmen All-Americans. The Eastern Regional Team includes many Long Island names and we are sharing that list to allow the rising players to be recognized.

Amendola Joey D 2012 Manorville NY
Bruckner Jack M 2013 Belle Terre NY

Cadan Sam M 2013 Westport CT
Crawley John A 2013 Port Washington NY
Cutrone John M 2012 Huntington NY

Davis Samuel M 2012 Pittsfield MA
DeLuca Frank G 2012 Farmingdale NY
Doyle Christopher D 2012 Brooklyn NY
Enchill A.J. M 2012 Pittsfield MA
Evans Charles M 2012 Mahopsc NY
Fiore Christopher G 2012 Staten Island NY
Fusco Frank A 2012 Yorktown Heights NY
LaMonica Jonathan D 2013 Deer Park NY
Mahoney Chris D 2012 Shoreham NY
Muller Daniel M 2012 Massapequa NY
Popdan Robert D 2012 Bayport NY
Reilly Conor D 2012 Huntington NY
Rigo Tyler A 2012 East Islip NY
Scarano Ryan M 2012 Wantagh NY
Strano Nicholas M 2012 Rocky Point NY
Toscano Luke D 2013 Kings Park NY

Tyrrell Taber D 2012 Andover MA
Ward Brian A 2013 Bayport NY
Zakow Evan A 2012 South Huntington NY
Zenker Tom M 2013 Melville NY
Just wondering ... is this list all public school kids? Seems strange - no players at all from West Islip, Ward Melville, Garden City, or Smithtown?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just wondering ... is this list all public school kids? Seems strange - no players at all from West Islip, Ward Melville, Garden City, or Smithtown?
These 2011 tryouts were held in February at Hofstra University and Yale University for the Eastern Regional team - either many players were unaware of these events or these were just too many sports conflicts for players to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard this said in our Nassau County school district - avoid losing players to the sports-only Catholic League schools and in particular, St. Anthony's. While our AD would not admit it verbally, there was definitely a nod of the head that came with the answer. Seems like there is a Nassau County mini-blackballing involved here when it comes to real games.
Chaminade has no problem playing the public schools on Long Island - although from a competitive perspective Chaminade does not beat the publics on a consistent basis. It stinks that St. Anthony's needs to play "all those bad teams" in the Catholic league. This is one of the downsides for the players who go the private school route in this case. While I respect that you have that right, don't ever think any Public School owes you the right to play any Private school. Truth be told, you are not relevant to the public schools whose goal it is to win a state championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale and Chaminade scrimmage this coming Wednesday and the Dalers scrimmange Manhasset next Saturday. The season is finally here. Let's hope the rain holds off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has no problem playing the public schools on Long Island - although from a competitive perspective Chaminade does not beat the publics on a consistent basis. It stinks that St. Anthony's needs to play "all those bad teams" in the Catholic league. This is one of the downsides for the players who go the private school route in this case. While I respect that you have that right, don't ever think any Public School owes you the right to play any Private school. Truth be told, you are not relevant to the public schools whose goal it is to win a state championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These 2011 tryouts were held in February at Hofstra University and Yale University for the Eastern Regional team - either many players were unaware of these events or these were just too many sports conflicts for players to attend.

I hope that with the creation of this site, this will go a long way of getting information out there to all the lacrosse players. If i have one major complaint about our lacrosse community its that too many times these types of events are not known to a lot of the players who would go and try out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over the 2 days I would say over 300 boys tried out. Players were selected based on performance, not name recognition.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hope that with the creation of this site, this will go a long way of getting information out there to all the lacrosse players. If i have one major complaint about our lacrosse community its that too many times these types of events are not known to a lot of the players who would go and try out
BOTC is working hard to bring the very latest news and information covering teams, products, services, showcases, tryouts, tournaments, and college recruitment to our Long Island and Northeastern Lacrosse communities. We look forward to your continued support.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First scrimmage event of the season yesterday - was at the field for a three quarter scimmage between St. Anthony's and Garden City. Score was 2-2 to the half and 4-2 St. Anthony's at the end of the scrimmage. Play was even between the two teams but certainly a cut below where they will be in about four week's time. Heard that Chaminade did outscore Farmingdale yesterday afternoon from a friend at Chaminade, but do not have any details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale and Chaminade scrimmage this coming Wednesday and the Dalers scrimmange Manhasset next Saturday. The season is finally here. Let's hope the rain holds off.
Results from some Suffolk opening day scrimmages : Smithtown West over Hauppauge, Bay Shore over Middle Country, West Islip over Syosset (handily), Comsewogue over Floyd (handily), Huntington over Pat-Med (handily)

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard