BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 327 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1st of all, Yj will not turn down money, every kid makes a team. they are in business to make money, they will not give money to another club. they will treat your kid great if she is great. if she is not great, all bets are off. 2nd of all, take your 8th or 9th grader to several clubs tryouts, and take a look around, look at the players, parents and coaches, then decide if this is what you want to be around all summer long. 3rd read through some threads, see whats going on, and select the team with the least amount of drama and BS. not YJ thats for sure
Your advice to have your daughter (or son) look at several potential clubs is a valuable recommendation to any of our readers. There are many parameters needed for a good a lacrosse-player fit into a club environment. The Yellow Jackets thread attracts the drama here based on the visibility they enjoy regionally and given that they are the hunted team on Long Ilsand as we had discussed earlier today.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is comical how every time someone criticizes the YJ it is because they are the greatest and most visible club in the world with the best talent ever and that's why people are always against them. It couldn't possibly be anything else.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It is comical how every time someone criticizes the YJ it is because they are the greatest and most visible club in the world with the best talent ever and that's why people are always against them. It couldn't possibly be anything else.
Of course it could be a million other factors. Unfortunately, when the conversation gets emotional, BOTC steps into the conversation to present a more balanced view. There are two forms of moderation : one is where we simply remove a post which silences the point; the second is where we offer counterpoint.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Offering a replay from the Long Island Liberty thread earlier today, here is an example of the counterpoint view - again, BOTC does not take the stand that we are the voice of the Yellow Jackets in any way. However, part of our role is to at least provide a balance view and let you, the reader, decide the issues.
Originally Posted by CageSage
... And you don't think this reflects badly on the YJs?
Several very important points about this entire topic. First, the Yellow Jackets are the "big dogs" in town and as a result, their teams always have a target on their backs. Therefore, should the team take their foot off the accelerator in game play for the sake of development, questions are asked about the status of the entire program. You have seen these comments here on BOTC. As a result, the response is to actually press harder.

Second, the Yellow Jackets attract some of the best players from Long Island and beyond. With that caliber of player comes a certain competitive level, seen as edgey by some, dirty by others. The top level players just play the game harder for want of a better word which is a second area where their teams are challenged.

Third, with competitive players come parents who are usually quite dedicated to helping their child compete at the top levels. Therefore, you will see on occasion, more competitive parents on the sidelines. Now, one team might be more extreme than the next, but you could see that with any Long Island elite team. The point is that seriously invested parents will tend to be more competitive and that will be seen in both the sideline personality and the image the team projects.

Finally, when you add up these three key parameters, you come to the tone and style set at the Director level. The Yellow Jackets do maintain an attitude that when you come to play them, particularly at a tournament with a championship format, bring your "A" game. Certainly, you know that their club teams will.

So, coming back to the question - does it reflect badly on the Yellow Jackets? Honestly, no. BOTC believes that some of the attitude comes from within and some comes from the background chatter that has existed long before BOTC came on the air. Much of this is the result of being the hunted dogs for a decade. If another franchise overtook the Jackets in the next two years, these headlines would all be yesterday's news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard the Yj are up for sale? any body else out there know anything about this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard the Yj are up for sale? any body else out there know anything about this?

Not true just asked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the same thing, no takers, not sure why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
want too much money maybee ?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are cheaper than most why the sarcasm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't going to post this on the thread because it is basically a rumor, but I have heard this from many different people. If you asked and it's not true, maybe it's off the table and it's not forsale anymore?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They are cheaper than most why the sarcasm?
Comment was being made about the potential sale price. Why not register and become a named user? We could then follow your postings directly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we should try to find out before joining YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are new (and somewhat latecomers) to the business of girls' club lax on LI. Our daughter played with a local town club team at the YJ showcase tournament this past summer at Mitchel Field, and it was our first exposure to the YJ. She has a couple of friends that play for YJ and Express, and she wants to try out for YJ. But as I read these posts, I'm not sure whether to be encouraged or upset. We want her to have fun and get better training than she's currently getting, and to begin prepping for a possible college lax career. I have heard both positive and negative experiences from her friends, and I must confess that I was not impressed by the attitude of some of the YJ parents at their tournament. I did not read this entire thread -- only the past two weeks. Would others please comment on the "business" of YJ and how the girls are treated if they come to the YJ program at an older age (8th-9th grade?)
P.S. I'm finding Back of the Cage to be a very valuable resource -- thanks so much for this forum and all the information you have on your website!

My best advice is try out for teams/clubs where she may have a friend or two playing already. Unless she is an elite player and will make the blue team, you may be just as well on any other club. Plus there does seem to be a major closing of the gap from other clubs anyway, so even elite players are finding happy homes on other clubs. But again, see what's in her mind. For many kids, they want the yellowjacket label even if means playing on the forth or fifth team, so long as she with friends or makes friends and is happy, that's most important. If you have her aiming for a college lax career as you say, then your hopes are to make one of the top teams, yj's or anywhere else. Then you may need to leave being on teams with friends out of the equation.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If this rumor is in any way true (which we have not been able to validate and cannot even source news on this item), some advice : it is more important to know who is buying than who is selling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this rumor is in any way true (which we have not been able to validate and cannot even source news on this item), some advice : it is more important to know who is buying than who is selling.

Would be a smart move to sell, they are without a doubt the most succesfull club lacrosse program in the nation, but the competition is getting more and more fierce, same thing is happening on the boys end of things

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was NEVER for SALE!! Just another YJ attack.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It was NEVER for SALE!! Just another YJ attack.
Come on, why not register? Surely you have enough time with a free period, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard it from several different people. I guess it is true, and it is supposed to be a big secret. How many YJ kids do you think will jump ship if this sale goes through?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I also heard it from several different people. I guess it is true, and it is supposed to be a big secret. How many YJ kids do you think will jump ship if this sale goes through?
Look, friend, you are answering your own questions in more than one case :

#4929 : i heard the Yj are up for sale? any body else out there know anything about this?

#4934 : want too much money maybee ?????

#4940 : we should try to find out before joining YJ.

Now, before we go any further, please send us a private e-mail here at BOTC to continue this discussion. At this point, we have fairly well demonstrated what your agenda might be on this topic, factual or otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#4929 : i heard the Yj are up for sale? any body else out there know anything about this?

Now, before we go any further, please send us a private e-mail here at BOTC to continue this discussion. At this point, we have fairly well demonstrated what your agenda might be on this topic, factual or otherwise.

Yea I heard YG and Liberty are for sale too!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless your daughter is outstanding she will not break into the big blue machine.At the 9th grade level even if she is outstanding they will not place her on blue because they do not like breaking the chemistry of a team. Other teams will place her higher because there growing programs and want good players . The Y.J parents will rip this post up but that is as honest as it gets

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Popping some corn, kicking back, and waiting for the YJ defenders to buzz in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't fix what's not broken. Has anyone beat that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless your daughter is outstanding she will not break into the big blue machine.At the 9th grade level even if she is outstanding they will not place her on blue because they do not like breaking the chemistry of a team. Other teams will place her higher because there growing programs and want good players . The Y.J parents will rip this post up but that is as honest as it gets

Not true, plenty of girls that try out for yellow jackets make a blue team each year. if she is good enough she will be put on the team becuase of how hungry yj is to win, whether that means 'breaking the chemistry' or not. honestly they arent worried about the girls chemistry but more about defending their title as 'one of the best teams on long island'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may very well be the best team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty now too? What are all the clubs for sale? Don't quite know if all these rumors are true, if they are, this may be a sign of a future market value crash of the established clubs brought on by increased competition for consumers. Buy low, sell high. Get something on the sale while your on top and it is still worth something. Afterall these are businesses we are talking about, sometimes you have to take out your emotions as a club member (parent/player), step back and look at the bigger picture here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
breaking the chemistry of the team isn't the concern here. ever stop and think that maybe you think your daughter is a better player then she really is? you have to have the talent to be put on a blue team. and while everyone is saying top guns is a better club, shannon smith a coach on top guns played on the yellow jackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team, its the parent coach that is the problem. No real coaching experience and favors his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty now too? What are all the clubs for sale? Don't quite know if all these rumors are true, if they are, this may be a sign of a future market value crash of the established clubs brought on by increased competition for consumers. Buy low, sell high. Get something on the sale while your on top and it is still worth something. Afterall these are businesses we are talking about, sometimes you have to take out your emotions as a club member (parent/player), step back and look at the bigger picture here.

I believe he was being sarcastic, with his point being the YJ, Liberty and Top Guns are all NOT for sale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team, its the parent coach that is the problem. No real coaching experience and favors his own.

The 2015 Blue team has never lost a game and is arguably recognized as the best in the country. Sounds like he is a doing a great job coaching, so this personal criticism is way off base in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
breaking the chemistry of the team isn't the concern here. ever stop and think that maybe you think your daughter is a better player then she really is? you have to have the talent to be put on a blue team. and while everyone is saying top guns is a better club, shannon smith a coach on top guns played on the yellow jackets

Shannon must have thought she could do something better than is being done on the YJ, thats why she started the TGs...and I beleive it is more than just a buisness opportunity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious!! Dad sees the dollar signs and is marketing his kid to the maximum. She will even have her own stick soon. I am sure her business venture did not come out of her disliking of her 6 year career as a YJ player.

She just wanted to have a business set up for when she is finished with college. So its not something better its the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didin't say she had any "dislike of the YJ program" (not that I would know anyway) only that I believe she might like to do something a little better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious!! Dad sees the dollar signs and is marketing his kid to the maximum. She will even have her own stick soon. I am sure her business venture did not come out of her disliking of her 6 year career as a YJ player.

She just wanted to have a business set up for when she is finished with college. So its not something better its the same thing.

Good for her then, obviously lacrosse is something she enjoys and if she chooses to pursue a business built around it, I think that's great. And she is just like the rest of them, trying to do something she loves and scratch a living out of it. The difference with her is that she well may be considered one of the the best to ever play the game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Good for her then, obviously lacrosse is something she enjoys and if she chooses to pursue a business built around it, I think that's great. And she is just like the rest of them, trying to do something she loves and scratch a living out of it. The difference with her is that she well may be considered one of the the best to ever play the game.

You can't knock her for starting her own club. She's not knocking YJ. No one knocks Sal Locascio for hooking up with Team91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

You can't knock her for starting her own club. She's not knocking YJ. No one knocks Sal Locascio for hooking up with Team91.

She may not bad mouth the Yellow Jackets but you had better believe that her father does. Every chance he gets. Its hard to believe how bitter he is about the YJ Organization when this organization gave her the visibility to get her where she is today. There is no disputing her talent but her father should give credit where it is due. Instead he bad mouths YJ to whomever will listen.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

She may not bad mouth the Yellow Jackets but you had better believe that her father does. Every chance he gets. Its hard to believe how bitter he is about the YJ Organization when this organization gave her the visibility to get her where she is today. There is no disputing her talent but her father should give credit where it is due. Instead he bad mouths YJ to whomever will listen.

What complaint does he have with YJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What complaint does he have with YJ?

Personally know him well, he will certainly defend top gun teams, but he doesn't bad mouth yj's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's the thing with shannon. There is a reason way beyond yj's that she one of the best college players ever. She is one of the most motivated persons I have ever met. This is the attitude that drove her to renlentlessly hone her locrosse skills. She has spent and still spends ridiculus amounts of time training and developing way beyond everyone else. Yes her playing tournament games for yjs helped her, especially her visibilty, but you can't credit yellowjacket for the player she is either. There been thousands of yjs and believe me they don't all turn in players like smith. What makes her great is the drive from within, that was always there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2015 Blue team has never lost a game and is arguably recognized as the best in the country. Sounds like he is a doing a great job coaching, so this personal criticism is way off base in my opinion.

He bought his way in and with players like that my 2 year old could coach

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 327 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard