BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,645
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are an arrogant tool. Good thing you stay anonymous or they would de-commit your kid because his parent is a nut.

Ouch! that hurts!, But not as much as having to pay a 60K tuition bill! Remember you started this by trying to call me out about being wrong. When I explained, you just couldn't accept the facts. Maybe you're the tool?
Maybe you are both being disrespectful to each other and the lacrosse community. Please take this name calling off the board.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats. What player and school?

Thanks! Over the years with three boys involved in Lax, I admit to becoming a little obsessed. I like to know what people are saying,stay up to date on commitments and lax news, and occasionally comment. Although my one son is committed, my other two are up and coming in the next few years. This holdback thing is something that has gotten out of control and might hurt my other kids chances of being recruited. After my son was recruited, and I started to look at D1 rosters of top schools, it became very clear what was going on. That is why I advocate for fairness. I would tell you who my committed son is, but then everyone would know who I was, and I prefer to remain anonymous.

Anonymous? There are only 3 or 4 known 2017 commits and none of them are true freshmen. Try again.............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Required viewing this Wednesday night at 9:00 pm on HBO. State of Play, Trophy kids, a documentary about over parenting in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks! Over the years with three boys involved in Lax, I admit to becoming a little obsessed. I like to know what people are saying,stay up to date on commitments and lax news, and occasionally comment. Although my one son is committed, my other two are up and coming in the next few years. This holdback thing is something that has gotten out of control and might hurt my other kids chances of being recruited. After my son was recruited, and I started to look at D1 rosters of top schools, it became very clear what was going on. That is why I advocate for fairness. I would tell you who my committed son is, but then everyone would know who I was, and I prefer to remain anonymous.

Anonymous? There are only 3 or 4 known 2017 commits and none of them are true freshmen. Try again.............

Not directly related to above post. With the 2017 commit announced today, I believe there are now 7 known public commits that have been announced so far. Michigan - Brian Townsend/Blackwolf (M), UNC - Ara Atayan/LI Express (M), Colin Munro/3D (A), Joe Carrington/3D (D), UVA - Griffin Harris/3D (A), John Fox/Brunswick School (M), Air Force - Christian Marshall/West Coast Starz (M). Does anyone know of anyone else. Also, with a little googling, many of these kids are a year older. Lastly, 3D is cleaning up. Have nothing to do with 3D, but find it interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not directly related to above post. With the 2017 commit announced today, I believe there are now 7 known public commits that have been announced so far. Michigan - Brian Townsend/Blackwolf (M), UNC - Ara Atayan/LI Express (M), Colin Munro/3D (A), Joe Carrington/3D (D), UVA - Griffin Harris/3D (A), John Fox/Brunswick School (M), Air Force - Christian Marshall/West Coast Starz (M). Does anyone know of anyone else. Also, with a little googling, many of these kids are a year older. Lastly, 3D is cleaning up. Have nothing to do with 3D, but find it interesting.

I am a 3d parent and had a meeting with a college coach a couple of weeks ago and he told me he can tell a 3d kid (offensive player) just about immediately, and I know 3d strives for consistency in their training in all of its programs. I imagine as they continue to grow that may be more difficult and is probably one of their biggest challenges and opportunities if they can pull it off and continue to have quality coaches across the country.

We were just out East for two events and it didn't really sink in until I saw some of the better East Coast players to really understand what the coach was saying, but I saw his point. Not that 3d players are better, but the style of play is just different. You'll see fewer middies initiating and rarely see the middie shooting the 12-15 yard shot, and a 3d team really excels in unsettled situations. They don't do a lot of outside shooting. In fact in over two years I have never seen them work on outside shooting. The offense can tend to bog down if they have to play too much 6 vs 6, and in those situations you'll see them maybe force a few passes to get those shots on the doorstep while another team might try to crank the hard shot from outside.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also forgot Jordan Young, the D-pole from Dukes who committed to Marland. So I believe 8 kids in 2017 have officially committed so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage - maybe you can answer this. How do you commit to one of the service academies (especially as a 9th Grader) when you still need to prove grades, SAT/ACT, and get a nomination? I know the service academies have a separate athlete application review board but you still need certain benchmarks to get in and stay in. The congressional nomination is another story. I know a non-athlete who got admitted to WP but did not get a nomination and therefore did not attend. Any insight?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage - maybe you can answer this. How do you commit to one of the service academies (especially as a 9th Grader) when you still need to prove grades, SAT/ACT, and get a nomination? I know the service academies have a separate athlete application review board but you still need certain benchmarks to get in and stay in. The congressional nomination is another story. I know a non-athlete who got admitted to WP but did not get a nomination and therefore did not attend. Any insight?
BOTC is not very familiar with the service academy process so we are offering more speculation than fact. We believe that a service academy commitment is an expression of interest from both sides that a roster spot is allocated to the student-athlete subject to all of the admissions requirements. BOTC is unaware of any athletic exemptions being available for admission to the service academies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC is not very familiar with the service academy process so we are offering more speculation than fact. We believe that a service academy commitment is an expression of interest from both sides that a roster spot is allocated to the student-athlete subject to all of the admissions requirements. BOTC is unaware of any athletic exemptions being available for admission to the service academies.

You are correct. Similar to the Ivies you typically see "committing to the admissions process." I can't say how Air Force works, but at Army the coach has a certain amount of slots each year, and both Army and Navy try to use the prep school as much as possible. I think 9th grade is pretty crazy for a service academy, maybe the kid comes from a military family, but the coaches have quite a bit of latitude as far as getting kids into the prep schools so even without much of an academic record I guess I can see that happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one thing is for sure, 3D has mastered reclassifying.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one thing is for sure, 3D has mastered reclassifying.

It's just lame that these 2016 kids take roster spots and scholarships from the true 2017 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They would take them anyway, just a year later.
Stop whining and start practicing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um, no they wouldn't. That's why they are reclassified.

and it would have been correct to say "just a year earlier".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son is currently a Sophomore, a true Sophomore who was recruited as a Freshman. Next son will be a Freshman next year, and is on the young end, which is why the holdbacks are a concern to me. Any other questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches don't come in looking for a set # of '16s, '17s or any other age group. They look for the best athletes. These boys are among the best athletes these coaches saw. The coaches have a finite # of scholarships/roster spots to give out, so it doesn't matter how old the recruit. Why don't you whine about the '15 that bloomed late a took a roster spot away from your cute, precious 14 yr old? It's all the same in the end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lacrosse scholarships are partial, and for any school that has a $60K tuition bill the mountaintop is about $25K. for a state school that would be less. the coaches have 10 to use toward making over 50 kids/families taken care of and feeling adequately acknowledged. unless your kid is a once in a lifetime kid named powell or stanwick, you are not being truthful. no reason to be less proud on your kid, but the anonymous bragging with information that is less than truthful is a bit much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches don't come in looking for a set # of '16s, '17s or any other age group. They look for the best athletes. These boys are among the best athletes these coaches saw. The coaches have a finite # of scholarships/roster spots to give out, so it doesn't matter how old the recruit. Why don't you whine about the '15 that bloomed late a took a roster spot away from your cute, precious 14 yr old? It's all the same in the end

This is not true. Coaches look for a set number of 16's 17's ect. Once that allotment is filled they don't recruit that age anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"These boys are among the best athletes these coaches saw."

If my son competed against kids a year or two younger, he would also appear to be the best athlete the coaches had seen.

Thanks for making the point of every person you say is whining.

As kids get older age is less relevant, but at this point in time it has it's advantages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with the Brine tryouts. Seems like we were uninvited for the dec.8 tryout. email mentioned the tryout is not for you and wait for detail. anyone know whats going on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lacrosse scholarships are partial, and for any school that has a $60K tuition bill the mountaintop is about $25K. for a state school that would be less. the coaches have 10 to use toward making over 50 kids/families taken care of and feeling adequately acknowledged. unless your kid is a once in a lifetime kid named powell or stanwick, you are not being truthful. no reason to be less proud on your kid, but the anonymous bragging with information that is less than truthful is a bit much.

Post is redundant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they recruit by grad year. Hence 15's will be done before 16's and 16's done before 17's. If you reclassify (CHEAT) because you know your kid is not good enough to compete against other 16's, you then drop him DOWN to play with the LITTLE/YOUNGER kids so he looks like a superstar. Then you are taking a spot from a 2017. This is the problem... Do you get it now? Ever hear the saying "cheaters never prosper" Not so in lax recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also forgot Jordan Young, the D-pole from Dukes who committed to Marland. So I believe 8 kids in 2017 have officially committed so far.
Add Cole Williard (A) - Penn State. He and John Fox, Virgina commit are 2016s who are going to do PGs years, and I know several of the 3D kids are 16-year olds.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What is going on with the Brine tryouts. Seems like we were uninvited for the dec.8 tryout. email mentioned the tryout is not for you and wait for detail. anyone know whats going on?
BOTC has said this before and will say it again - if you are not dealing with companies and services that are registered with our web site, you have no details on what you are buying. BOTC does not provide support for programs not part of our circle of advertisers.

If any parents have answers to your questions, they are welcomed to post here. However, BOTC itself does not have anything to add to this obvious problem with the Brine Program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC has said this before and will say it again - if you are not dealing with companies and services that are registered with our web site, you have no details on what you are buying. BOTC does not provide support for programs not part of our circle of advertisers.

If any parents have answers to your questions, they are welcomed to post here. However, BOTC itself does not have anything to add to this obvious problem with the Brine Program.

Believe there was a cut off this year of 150. So you might have registered to late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We received a confirmation for both the Middle School and High School events over the weekend. So assume it's still on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their website is a bit misleading, but there are now 3 divisions instead of two

Middle School - 2018,2019,2020
High School - 2015, 2016
9th Grade - 2017

Tryouts for the 1st two divisions are this weekend, the other 9th grade division date is TBD

I think this is another example of isolating the Freshman (rising Sophmore) class to provide specific emphasis on exposire and recuriting at this grade level

I do not think you registered too late

Believe there was a cut off this year of 150. So you might have registered to late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their website is a bit misleading, but there are now 3 divisions instead of two

Middle School - 2018,2019,2020
High School - 2015, 2016
9th Grade - 2017

Tryouts for the 1st two divisions are this weekend, the other 9th grade division date is TBD

I think this is another example of isolating the Freshman (rising Sophmore) class to provide specific emphasis on exposire and recuriting at this grade level

I do not think you registered too late

That's not how I understand it. I believe the 2017 tryouts are with the "high school" tryouts but will be chosen to a separate team. That is how I understand it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does that mean 9th grade with have a separate tryout date than the others? or that that there is 3 9th grade teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does that mean 9th grade with have a separate tryout date than the others? or that that there is 3 9th grade teams?

I think this is a two stage process. Preliminary tryouts for 9th graders (separate from other high schoolers) this Sunday and another time in the spring. Second stage is a two-day "Long Island Pride" event where boys are separated into teams and evaluated for moving onto the summer 2014 Brine National event for Freshman. Maybe wrong, but that's how I read it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is a two stage process. Preliminary tryouts for 9th graders (separate from other high schoolers) this Sunday and another time in the spring. Second stage is a two-day "Long Island Pride" event where boys are separated into teams and evaluated for moving onto the summer 2014 Brine National event for Freshman. Maybe wrong, but that's how I read it.

Two separate tryouts. 15's, 16's,17's on sunday. If any 17's luck out and make it they can play on both squads. If not, they are eligible to tryout in June for 17 only at no additional charge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout this Sunday, Dec 8 is for 2015,16 and 17 combined.
There will be about 50+, 2017 players at this tryout. If a 2017 is
picked, he will get to play in the Pride of Long Island Showcase in June
and will be automatically placed on the 2017 Brine Long Island team. If a 2017
player is not picked, he will be eligible to attend the 2017 only tryout at no
additional cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@Ty: Ohio State taps a MIAA pipeline with their first 2017 verbal: J.T. Bugliosi, an undersized but hard-nosed dodging attackman at Calvert Hall. FCA Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting that only 6 out of 25 boys from last summer's L.I North (championship) team signed up to try out for Brine this year.

additional cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two separate tryouts. 15's, 16's,17's on sunday. If any 17's luck out and make it they can play on both squads. If not, they are eligible to tryout in June for 17 only at no additional charge.

This event is compromised, wouldnt go anywhere near it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son is currently a Sophomore, a true Sophomore who was recruited as a Freshman. Next son will be a Freshman next year, and is on the young end, which is why the holdbacks are a concern to me. Any other questions?

Just one, why are you posting on the 2017 board if your son is a sophomore and your other sons are younger? that makes it even creepier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So few are trying out because they are too busy with the showcases. Many of them would love to play together again. There is just not enough time unfortunately. Not interesting just a reality

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that interesting and what is your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting that only 6 out of 25 boys from last summer's L.I North (championship) team signed up to try out for Brine this year.

additional cost.

Simply because its for fun olny. Not a real resume builder. Last year these kids were coached by great Yale assistant coach. Now in HS, due to NCAA regs college coaches cant. Also account for the more meaningful recruit trips, college visits and camps.

Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard