BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Baltimore Breakers Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used to cover the news and discussions associated with the Baltimore Breakers lacrosse program.

History

The Breakers were formed in 2003 by the past owners of the Baltimore Bayhawks to provide area youth players with advanced instruction and a fun experience. Since that time, the organization has grown into one the most respected and successful club organizations in the country. Breakers youth teams play in fall, spring, and summer. Usually playing a few fall events, then competing in the National Premiere Youth Lacrosse League during the spring, and wrap-up with several highly competitive summer tournaments. Our High School teams typically play in 2 fall events and then 4 to 5 summer tournaments that emphasize top level competition and exposure to college coaches. The program's coaches all have significant experience coaching at all levels of lacrossse, and the majority played at the Division I/III level as well as professionally. Our goal is to offer our youth players great instruction and an excellent experience in a fun environment. The goals for our high school players are to offer that same experience in addition to assisting in the college recruiting process.

Re: Baltimore Breakers Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Baltimore Breakers 2014 - King of the Hill Championship

The Breakers 2014 reached the King of the Hill Championship on Tuesday June 25... The 2014s played their typical run and gun style that lead them to wins in a talent rich division. In the semi-finals they were paired with the Connecticut Bulldogs, an incredibly talented team featuring many prominent future Division I players... The Breakers relied on a total team effort that got them out to a quick start and enabled them to close out a 9-5 win against the Bulldogs.

The Breakers fell short against a very good MLC in the championship 8-2 - congrats to MLC. They played an excellent precision oriented game in the finals to capture the Championship.

The 2014's finished the 2013 summer with a 12-4 record, and again developed and enhanced friendships amongst the families, players, and coaches. We hope these last for a lifetime along with all of the great memories that this group has experienced since U13/U15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers 2017 lost a close one in the finals to Crabs...great game, rivalry continues...solid lacrosse all around from Crabs, Breakers, FCA and VLC...going to be a good summer of lacrosse in the Mid Atlantic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who is going to coach the Breakers 2017 next year? One coach's staying down, one moving up..hearing conflicting stories?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA U-15 defeats Breakers 5-3 in Summer Sizzle Rising 9th Championships...good game, Breakers get a little chippy at the end

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Rankings for Maryland 2013 Summer U15 Lacrosse:
1) Crabs
2) FCA Blue (big late season wins over Breakers and VLC)
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1) Crabs
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys

VLC and Madlax are both from Virginia, not Maryland. VLC and Breakers went 1-1 against each other this summer. VLC went 1-1 against Crabs, and Madlax beat Crabs for the NPYLL championship. Crabs, FCA, VLC and Madlax are on a tier above the rest of that list, and the order is debatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Crabs
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys

VLC and Madlax are both from Virginia, not Maryland. VLC and Breakers went 1-1 against each other this summer. VLC went 1-1 against Crabs, and Madlax beat Crabs for the NPYLL championship. Crabs, FCA, VLC and Madlax are on a tier above the rest of that list, and the order is debatable.

I agree, top 4 quite strong...I assume Crabs roster changes, FCA has 7 -10 boys staying back on U15, we'll see who they pick up...Breakers prob loses a couple kids, though late tryouts signal team will stay intact...any truth to Breaker goalie leaving for a spot on Crabs? That will leave a big hole

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tryout Information

Sunday, September 22nd
8:30 - 10:00am : U11AA and U12AA (U13A) Teams
10:00 - 11:30am : U13AA and U15AA Teams
11:30 - 1:00pm : 2016 & 2017 Teams Selected

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Mark Millon Joins the Baltimore Breakers

[Linked Image] The Breakers Lacrosse Club is proud to announce that Team USA, MLL, and NLL superstar Mark Millon is joining our coaching staff beginning this season with our fall tryouts. Mark will be the Head Coach of the Breakers U11AA team as well as help lead the Breakers new Pro Series Developmental Program this fall, winter, and spring (information available soon).

As most of the lacrosse world knows, Mark is a former first team DI All America at the University of Massachusetts, a 2 x MLL MVP - Offense, MVP of the World Games, 2 x Member of Team USA, 2 x World Champion, NLL All Pro… and the list goes on...

Also as impressive as Mark’s playing career is his professional career as a coach, expert lacrosse technician/instructor, and CEO of Millon Lacrosse Camps. Mark has successfully operated his instructional camps for 20 years serving well over 20,000 campers. Many of those campers have gone on to great high school and college careers, and some are now even playing professionally. Mark produced 2 instructional DVDs that are still widely popular and available today. Awesome foundation as a coach and instructor!

Mark is an incredible asset and resource to the Breakers and we welcome him as part of the family!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Breakers 2014 has another player commit to play Division I lacrosse at Quinnipiac University; defenseman Connor Keenan. Connor is an honors student at St Paul's and has played with the Breakers since 8th grade. It was at that time when Connor made the switch to Defense where he found is true home as a physical and tenacious defender.

Breakers 2014 Defenseman Ryan Gilliss, Loyola-Blakefield, committed to play lacrosse at Denison University. Ryan has been a member of the Breakers since 8th grade and developed into one of the smoothest Defenseman in the 2014 Class.

Breakers 2014 Goalie, Alex Bradenburg from North Carroll High School, has committed to play college lacrosse for Bridgewater College. Alex has been a member of the Breakers 2014 team since 8th grade where he has excelled in the goal ever since. Alex is an Honor's Student that was an All County selection and member of the Brine All Maryland Public School team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job this fall boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Future is looking bright for the breakers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Future is looking bright for the breakers.

My son's team played the Breakers 2017 team last weekend in the Philly Invitational. The goalie on that Breakers team was phenomenal and I predict will go to a top D1 school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers are good, still can't beat the Crabs! Thet were the only team to practice in the fall and it showed. I want to see them in the Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be interested to see how many Crabs, Breakers or any other team in Baltimore got direct invites to Jake Reed? There were 6 Breakers at Philly Freshman (all high caliber)...didn't see any other Baltimore kids in Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A number of the Baltimore and other MD/DC area high flight teams were are the Baltimore Showcase the same day as the Philly event you noted, as were the Dukes from Philly area as well. Also, most MD/DC kids looked away from the Jake Reed Fall item.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was more interested in the Summer Jake Reed event.
I had heard the Baltimore event was "fun" but no
college coaches. Philly seemed top notch. I am
interested to see if certain coaches work hard to
get their players into these events. Like I said, obviously
Breaker coached got players into Philly. Are other
coaches working to get players into premier
showcase events?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't know that answer. It is great that the Breakers coach is this active. To be candid, you may be shocked to hear that Cabell Maddox is a coach that works very hard to place his kids at select events. And we all know that 3d has an armada of promoters getting their kids looked at around every corner. To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed. I have heard this from a number of families who were candid to state that they rely on their high school coaches to do this (BL, Gilman, Gonzaga, etc., etc.). I think it is great that the Breakers coach is an advocate for his players, and does not cast this off for the families to rely on their high schools. And after all, not every lacrosse family can afford these prep schools just to further showcase a youth lacrosse player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed.

That is a complete lie. The Crabs and VLC do a great job getting their players recruited. In the 2015 class, Crabs and VLC have a combined 18 kids committed to college. The Crabs 2016 team has 8 kids committed to college. Hate on them all you want, but you look like fool spreading such lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the high schools crab commits attend...taking credit when little
or no credit is due. The Coaches from the MIAA
doing they heavy lifting in the recruiting process.
Crabs sponsor some good tourneys, main reason for
those is to make $

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldnt agree more crabs is although a great club the highschool coaches play a major role in recruiting process. Crabs is a total money grab yet grab lots of attention from the MIAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed.

That is a complete lie. The Crabs and VLC do a great job getting their players recruited. In the 2015 class, Crabs and VLC have a combined 18 kids committed to college. The Crabs 2016 team has 8 kids committed to college. Hate on them all you want, but you look like fool spreading such lies.

funny, I saw Crabs touting their sponsorship for LTRC Rec basketball...isn't this the same program that forbids their players to participate in LTRC (or any other ) Rec program...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch Google Hangout on Schoolsports.com, they have a panel consisting of HS, club and college coaches addressing the recruiting issue. Consensus is HS coaches drive recruiting in hotbed areas (LI, Baltimore, NJ) and clubs tend to benefit smaller schools and less popular lacrosse regions like the south and west. Seems the best bet is a club run or coached by a HS coach like LI Express, Greene Turtle, Leading Edge or FCA. Crabs supplement but don't drive the recruiting effort

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch Google Hangout on Schoolsports.com, they have a panel consisting of HS, club and college coaches addressing the recruiting issue. Consensus is HS coaches drive recruiting in hotbed areas (LI, Baltimore, NJ) and clubs tend to benefit smaller schools and less popular lacrosse regions like the south and west. Seems the best bet is a club run or coached by a HS coach like LI Express, Greene Turtle, Leading Edge or FCA. Crabs supplement but don't drive the recruiting effort

Still sore that FCA doesn't play in Crabs tournaments, eh? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still sore that FCA doesn't play in Crabs tournaments, eh? LOL.

Not FCA and my son's team does play at the Crab tournaments, just pointing out clubs that the coach or coordinator play a dual role as club and HS coach. While I see some argument against HS coaches on the LI forum, and some of them make sense, in the recruiting world it is beneficial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has a lot of kids from the HS that the coordinator coaches, is that an issue? I see some other progams that complain of preferential treatment for kids that play for the coaches in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Md it is moving towards the HS and not the club...First the BL coach ran a HS tourny, then came McDonough...now Calvert Hall is behind a new HS tournament geared towards 2016 & 2017 players. I would prefer my son playing for his HS rather than his club...3 tournaments in the summer doesnt leave much time for the club team. Another example of the lessening value of a club in the recruiting process (unless you play at a smaller school)...When does Loyola, Gilman or St Pauls start hosting a tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has a lot of kids from the HS that the coordinator coaches, is that an issue? I see some other progams that complain of preferential treatment for kids that play for the coaches in HS.

My son plays for FCA, doesn't attend Calvert Hall and
we couldn't be happier. Great coaching, great families
and great players...All In!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Md it is moving towards the HS and not the club...First the BL coach ran a HS tourny, then came McDonough...now Calvert Hall is behind a new HS tournament geared towards 2016 & 2017 players. I would prefer my son playing for his HS rather than his club...3 tournaments in the summer doesnt leave much time for the club team. Another example of the lessening value of a club in the recruiting process (unless you play at a smaller school)...When does Loyola, Gilman or St Pauls start hosting a tournament?

My son goes to West Islip High School and we would be very interested in a 2016&2017 tournament for this coming summer. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a tournament held at Gettysburg June 30 to July 2
Bryan Kelly, Dave Huntley and Gettysburg coach
are the coordinators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the coordinators

These HS coaches shouldn't be allowed to run tournaments to line their pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the coordinators

I would hope my son's team plays in this tournament. The names associated here will attract a lot of college coaches. I would argue the HS coaches are more focused on the kids experience than "lining their pockets". The club directors are more apt to have a profit motive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the coordinators

Sounds like a bitter club coordinator...increased competition means lower profits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a bitter club coordinator...increased competition means lower profits [/quote]

You are all forgetting the important thing. This is the Creator's game; The Showcase Events Creator's game. In the first game the families of the 11th graders went to the sacred lands with their kin and debit cards; and the older boys played. And the Creator was pleased.

The Creator asked the spirits for spiritual and economic guidance, and the Creator devined to open up the equities of the sacred Showcase racket to 8th graders.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should be played for a showcase fee; you should be humble, well financed and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

We ask the creator, as the games conclude, to safely return all to their demographically prosperous homelands, located in each of the four directions of etinoha wenjhage (our mother earth) closest to all organic markets and yoga studios.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You are all forgetting the important thing. This is the Creator's game; The Showcase Events Creator's game. In the first game the families of the 11th graders went to the sacred lands with their kin and debit cards; and the older boys played. And the Creator was pleased.

The Creator asked the spirits for spiritual and economic guidance, and the Creator devined to open up the equities of the sacred Showcase racket to 8th graders.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should be played for a showcase fee; you should be humble, well financed and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

We ask the creator, as the games conclude, to safely return all to their demographically prosperous homelands, located in each of the four directions of etinoha wenjhage (our mother earth) closest to all organic markets and yoga studios.
Definitely NOT a post of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a poster from Colorado taking advantage of the recently available marijuana outlets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st commit out of Breakers 2017, attack out of St Pauls going to Furman. Just a matter of time before the goalie (also St Pauls) commits. Sounds like that St Pauls team is stacked, they should have their own 2017 club team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul's also has a '17 commit to Hopkins who
plays for Crabs. 3 already, do they have more?
Do all St. Paul's kids play for Breakers or Crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd commit from 2017 St. Paul's. goalie going
to UVA. Breaker kid as well. What do they feed
them at that school?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard