BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 130 of 327 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Speaking of checking sources, rumour is that CR is pushing hard for the St. Anthony's girls lax position that recently became available, what are you hearing Sage?
Nothing that we can share at this time.
Wow that would be interesting. I bet she would love access to their fields and field house for other things if you know what I mean. Would get her one of the top known schools with the top known club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bert wants the kids from Mt S. to build the future!!!!!!
Not A Y.J. parent and I know this is none of m business, If Burt wants to build the future of Mt. S he should do it at Mt.S and not on Y.J. time. Just by the quote "he wants to build the future for Mt. S"', as a non Mt. S parent of a kid on that team, i would demand Carol take my kid off that team and put her on a comparable (i.e. blue) team. You know that he will favor his girls and use the others as fodder.

This is absolutely the truth in YJ land, Mt.S kids are being forced down the throats of YJ by "Bert" and "Fire Fighter Bill" for the benefit of Mt. S High School program! People are sick of it they have the biggest influence on all of the rosters from 2015 down; but as long as CR is good with gag order in effect on all. The problem is "fire fighter Bill" isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Maybe that's why TG has cut the gap at the lower ages. Mt. S going to states and YJ becoming just another club frown

cut the gap = leap frogged

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.

Is it fair to the current YJ 2015 team goalie who has played on that team all these years to now have the kid who played UP now play on that team? She played up on 2014 all these years and was given the advantage of being seen early even though there were 2014 age appropriate kids who were tossed aside in her favor. It has been going on at her High School as well and most of her team and parents are aware and sick over it. No one can say anything at school or at club out of fear of retribution by her dad (also the HS coach) or the club. This case is exactly what everyone is talking about when they mention fear and politics are ruining the game and some kids chances for recruitment.

Not calling anyone names here just stating the facts.

You can't be from ESM because what you're stating is no where near the truth. They are a well-respected family and there is no fear at all. The player is a great teammate, friend and one of the nicest kids out there. She deserves to be where she is and everyone in this town knows it. How dare you come here and say most of the parents and team are aware and feel that way. That is so completely untrue. Sick over it? Please. The only thing sick is that you will come on here and make up lies about an amazing athlete and group whatever jealousy you may be feeling into the whole team feeling the same way. They are back to back county champs in large part because of her and I would be very surprised to hear anyone say they didn't believe that were the case. You say you're stating facts - based on what? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Well......you obviously are on their fan club board of directors but make no mistake, most are disgusted by the blatant favoritism. I'm sure the player is a great kid, they usually are, but the situation created by the powers that be are what everyone says is wrong with youth sports. Maybe you should talk to more of the parents and find out for yourself. Again, I never brought the players personal integrity into this....you did. I repeated the sentiment stated a thousand times before about politics and fear. Alive and well in this case.

Ok. Well we will agree to disagree - I just wonder what these "complainers" will do once their children go off to college. Just look at the goalie's resume/bio and not sure what anyone could complain about. And you're right, her personal integrity should never have been brought into it, my point was there are some that walk around with an air of entitlement and I've never seen anything but hard work and determination from her as an athlete. She is the kind of athlete she is because she works hard not because of who her father is.

Again you keep bringing her personal integrity, resume etc into this. Clearly not my point. My point quite simply is her "handlers" for lack of a better word are using politics and fear to discriminate against other players both older and younger. When players are put into these situations and the adults do not listen to the masses then the players feel a sense of entitlement only to be devastated in college when Daddy isn't there to make it all better. I wish only the best for these athletes and hope the adults gain the wisdom to guide them. [/quoteYou site her bio /resume. That only looks as good as it does because of the pressure her father/coach put on Carol, the school district. I don't know the girl, But I do know teammates, and when away from certain influences they tell a less Kumbya tale of what really happens at E.S.M.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
The funny thing is I have seen the Bill Smith Email from last year telling his parents to stay of this site , I have never heard of Carol Rose even talking about this website and yeas my daughter is a YJ. Not saying I disagree w Bill but I always read these TG posters talking about CR gag order.

I'm a TG parent and never saw any such thing. I call BS, and I don't mean Bill Smith.
Powder , congrats to your daughter, If your guessing who I am e-mail cage he'll let you know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering Carol Rose is such a terrible coach and TG has now leap frogged YJ I will take the schools the most recent kids are going to for YJ over TG, both lacrosse wise and academically.7 YJ 2016 going to top 30 academic schools with all 11 so far going to programs in the top 90 compared to zero top 30 and 2 top 90 academically for TG. 9 YJ 2016 going to top ten ranked lacrosse program , 2 for TG. Say what you want but Carol Rose is getting kids placed at some great schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bert wants the kids from Mt S. to build the future!!!!!!
Not A Y.J. parent and I know this is none of m business, If Burt wants to build the future of Mt. S he should do it at Mt.S and not on Y.J. time. Just by the quote "he wants to build the future for Mt. S"', as a non Mt. S parent of a kid on that team, i would demand Carol take my kid off that team and put her on a comparable (i.e. blue) team. You know that he will favor his girls and use the others as fodder.
No kidding, I'd be pissed if my kid was on that team. From what I understand there are kids on the third team that should be on Bert instead of some of the kids that came fron Carro.

I hear that's true also. There are kids on the C team that are not there because they are c players. They are just as good if not better than the kids on the a and b teams. Couldn't bring themselves to move anybody to make room for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact is that the 2014 goalie played up to 2013 because there were not enough goalies in that 2013 age group originally to field all the teams. The 2015 goalie was never NEEDED in the 2014 age group as there were enough goalies playing YJ in that age group from the start. She should have played age appropriate in her own age group from the start and used her talents in that age group. Why have her play up and cause problems in a different age group than her own and not help her own age group? Her playing ability or her character are irrelevant. It never made any sense to me. Seems there were unknown connections at work behind the scenes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Masses? LMAO! Who are these "Masses"? I am not from ESM , but all the "Masses" I know consider her the BEST goalie on Long Island with the Shoreham girl a close second. I don't get why this girl gets scrutinized so much on this board. It has to be jealousy! She is a GREAT player and a better kid an student. She is everything you would want your kid to become! No I am not her dad and yes I am definitely part of the fan club!! Grow up!!! btw who was discriminated against? That is a strong word! There was a 2014 goalie playing 2013,so they made her the 2014 goalie. The 2015 goalies all got bumped up a spot and all got scholarships! All great kids and players. Where is the foul?

Easy about the best goalies on Long Island. The two 2016 goalies from St. Anthony's and Huntington might be better.

Lol....now that's funny!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The funny thing is I have seen the Bill Smith Email from last year telling his parents to stay of this site , I have never heard of Carol Rose even talking about this website and yeas my daughter is a YJ. Not saying I disagree w Bill but I always read these TG posters talking about CR gag order.

I'm a TG parent and never saw any such thing. I call BS, and I don't mean Bill Smith.
In Powder, We Trust.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then powder you obviously do not have a kid in the younger age group, cage you are obviously close w the TG upper management ask if an email was ever sent to the younger group advising them to stay off of BOC.To those of you who feel you are a better judge of a goalies ability then multiple division 1 lacrosse programs get a clue. The Notre Dame coaching staff and many other D1 programs do not give a damn who her dad is and yet still thought worthy of a D 1 scholorship. What excuse do you come up with that these coaches were willing to spend what amounts to over a 100,000 dollars in money to get her. Must be brutal to live a life where you need to tear others down to make yourself feel better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Powder, We Trust.

I'm also a TG parent, and have never seen such an email, from Bill

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Then powder you obviously do not have a kid in the younger age group, cage you are obviously close w the TG upper management ask if an email was ever sent to the younger group advising them to stay off of BOC.
Just send us a copy of the e-mail. BOTC will handle the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.

Is it fair to the current YJ 2015 team goalie who has played on that team all these years to now have the kid who played UP now play on that team? She played up on 2014 all these years and was given the advantage of being seen early even though there were 2014 age appropriate kids who were tossed aside in her favor. It has been going on at her High School as well and most of her team and parents are aware and sick over it. No one can say anything at school or at club out of fear of retribution by her dad (also the HS coach) or the club. This case is exactly what everyone is talking about when they mention fear and politics are ruining the game and some kids chances for recruitment.

Not calling anyone names here just stating the facts.

You can't be from ESM because what you're stating is no where near the truth. They are a well-respected family and there is no fear at all. The player is a great teammate, friend and one of the nicest kids out there. She deserves to be where she is and everyone in this town knows it. How dare you come here and say most of the parents and team are aware and feel that way. That is so completely untrue. Sick over it? Please. The only thing sick is that you will come on here and make up lies about an amazing athlete and group whatever jealousy you may be feeling into the whole team feeling the same way. They are back to back county champs in large part because of her and I would be very surprised to hear anyone say they didn't believe that were the case. You say you're stating facts - based on what? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Well......you obviously are on their fan club board of directors but make no mistake, most are disgusted by the blatant favoritism. I'm sure the player is a great kid, they usually are, but the situation created by the powers that be are what everyone says is wrong with youth sports. Maybe you should talk to more of the parents and find out for yourself. Again, I never brought the players personal integrity into this....you did. I repeated the sentiment stated a thousand times before about politics and fear. Alive and well in this case.

Ok. Well we will agree to disagree - I just wonder what these "complainers" will do once their children go off to college. Just look at the goalie's resume/bio and not sure what anyone could complain about. And you're right, her personal integrity should never have been brought into it, my point was there are some that walk around with an air of entitlement and I've never seen anything but hard work and determination from her as an athlete. She is the kind of athlete she is because she works hard not because of who her father is.

Again you keep bringing her personal integrity, resume etc into this. Clearly not my point. My point quite simply is her "handlers" for lack of a better word are using politics and fear to discriminate against other players both older and younger. When players are put into these situations and the adults do not listen to the masses then the players feel a sense of entitlement only to be devastated in college when Daddy isn't there to make it all better. I wish only the best for these athletes and hope the adults gain the wisdom to guide them. [/quoteYou site her bio /resume. That only looks as good as it does because of the pressure her father/coach put on Carol, the school district. I don't know the girl, But I do know teammates, and when away from certain influences they tell a less Kumbya tale of what really happens at E.S.M.

so true no kumbya here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then powder you obviously do not have a kid in the younger age group, cage you are obviously close w the TG upper management ask if an email was ever sent to the younger group advising them to stay off of BOC.To those of you who feel you are a better judge of a goalies ability then multiple division 1 lacrosse programs get a clue. The Notre Dame coaching staff and many other D1 programs do not give a damn who her dad is and yet still thought worthy of a D 1 scholorship. What excuse do you come up with that these coaches were willing to spend what amounts to over a 100,000 dollars in money to get her. Must be brutal to live a life where you need to tear others down to make yourself feel better.
The fact that she got the $100,00.00 offer is a direct result of her father/coach using leverage to put his daughter in an advantageous position to be seen by the very coach you praise as being smarter than the rest of us. On an even playing field I will say that the top 10 L.I. girls goalies are a push, some better than others at one thing, but not as good at another. The only real difference is how each girl is presented to the coaches, and who gets the spotlight, and who has to work to get there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The topic of 1 specific player, is disgraceful. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Although, a name has not been mentioned we all know who you are talking about. In the end, remember they are all still just children!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to the world of high school sports, its all political. Get used to it. I have a list a mile long of parents who have CR on speed dial, kids who don't show up to tryouts because they already have a spot (1st year players included), 1st year players who were already guaranteed a spot. I could go on and on. The fact is if your child has what it takes they will get noticed!!!

"It's not what you know, but who you know"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The topic of 1 specific player, is disgraceful. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Although, a name has not been mentioned we all know who you are talking about. In the end, remember they are all still just children!!
The topic ends here. All subsequent posts on this subject will be deleted.

Next topic please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next topic please.

The players were always complimented and spoken of very highly. There is nothing to be ashamed of. This topic was about the coaches and the adults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think comparing the colleges these girls picked can justify what club team is better. After TG 2016s won the U15 National Tournament this past summer, these kids were bombarded with offers to play top 10 Div. 1 lacrosse. Many of them declined these schools to go to a school better suited for their needs. These kids should be going to college AND playing lacrosse, not going TO play lacrosse. So its not all about going to the top lacrosse schools. Some of these girls are getting much more scholastic money and will get much more playing time at the schools they chose. I'm happy for TG and YJ girls and the schools they picked. They are all fortunate there are so many options for them all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think comparing the colleges these girls picked can justify what club team is better. After TG 2016s won the U15 National Tournament this past summer, these kids were bombarded with offers to play top 10 Div. 1 lacrosse. Many of them declined these schools to go to a school better suited for their needs. These kids should be going to college AND playing lacrosse, not going TO play lacrosse. So its not all about going to the top lacrosse schools. Some of these girls are getting much more scholastic money and will get much more playing time at the schools they chose. I'm happy for TG and YJ girls and the schools they picked. They are all fortunate there are so many options for them all.

That's why I put up the schools national rankings and not just their lax rankings and the schools TG have selected are not really that close to the YJ schools thus far. Stop diminishing the role your 2015 players had in your national championship , one of which was the best player at the tournament and was the difference in 3 of your games. You are 0-4 against YJ 2016 in the past year. As a matter of fact I believe you have never beaten YJ, Skywalkers, Heroes, or steps without the help of your 2015 players. As far as all the offers after your U15 tournament , what was there 5 coaches there, not exactly a big recruiting tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why I put up the schools national rankings and not just their lax rankings and the schools TG have selected are not really that close to the YJ schools thus far. Stop diminishing the role your 2015 players had in your national championship , one of which was the best player at the tournament and was the difference in 3 of your games. You are 0-4 against YJ 2016 in the past year. As a matter of fact I believe you have never beaten YJ, Skywalkers, Heroes, or steps without the help of your 2015 players. As far as all the offers after your U15 tournament , what was there 5 coaches there, not exactly a big recruiting tourney.

Hey YJ guy why do you keep bringing this up?? the TopGuns won the U-15 fair and square..get over it already.. birth certificates were collected by US Lacrosse, we've all been down this road...

Who really knows why a kid chooses to commit to a school, are there the "chosen ones" who get full rides to the best of the best?? yup. most others find the middle ground and try to get the best of both worlds. I am aware of most of the YJ players and know some well, there is no question about their lax skill, they are awesome. I smile every time another 2016 commits and I wish them all the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too bad there are no "like " buttons on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey YJ guy why do you keep bringing this up?? the TopGuns won the U-15 fair and square..get over it already.. birth certificates were collected by US Lacrosse, we've all been down this road...

Who really knows why a kid chooses to commit to a school, are there the "chosen ones" who get full rides to the best of the best?? yup. most others find the middle ground and try to get the best of both worlds. I am aware of most of the YJ players and know some well, there is no question about their lax skill, they are awesome. I smile every time another 2016 commits and I wish them all the best.

Hey TG guy I actually did not bring it up and no one said TG did not win the U15 national championship. The issue is you and your TG buddies cannot understand the distinction between U15 and 2016. To claim your 2016 TG team won the national championship is just incorrect, you want to claim to be part of the U15 championship team go ahead you have earned it, just don't claim to be the best 2016 team on long island because YJ has earned that.When you and your buddies claim to be the best 2016 team in the country you degrade teams like Skywalkers, Heroes,Steps and YJ who have worked hard to beat you each time they have played your 2016 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't leave out the YF 2017 verbal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GREAT POST

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the 2017 YJ who just verbally committed, WOW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the 2017 YJ who just verbally committed, WOW.

To??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 To Florida and other 2017's with offers.

YJ 4-0 vs TG 2016 enough said. TG looked bad at Rivalry with Smith at the helm. In front of 100 coaches!! YJ 2016 kids much better and it's apparent now by the 12 commits and more coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 To Florida and other 2017's with offers.

YJ 4-0 vs TG 2016 enough said. TG looked bad at Rivalry with Smith at the helm. In front of 100 coaches!! YJ 2016 kids much better and it's apparent now by the 12 commits and more coming.

Thanks for the info. Feel better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey TG guy I actually did not bring it up and no one said TG did not win the U15 national championship. The issue is you and your TG buddies cannot understand the distinction between U15 and 2016. To claim your 2016 TG team won the national championship is just incorrect, you want to claim to be part of the U15 championship team go ahead you have earned it, just don't claim to be the best 2016 team on long island because YJ has earned that.When you and your buddies claim to be the best 2016 team in the country you degrade teams like Skywalkers, Heroes,Steps and YJ who have worked hard to beat you each time they have played your 2016 team.

TG guy here.. let me take your points one at a time;
- we both agree the TG U-15 team beat the YJ U-15 team, both teams were comprised of mostly 2016 players with each team having at at least one 2015 player on it. ( as a side note I am aware of a YJ 2015 player who missed the cut off date by 1 day or she would have gone down to Fla. and that would have been her third trip to the U-15 championships) So I am pretty sure YJ would have brought more 2015's if they could.
-The best 2016 team on LI is ....I agree with you I think your team has great speed at all positions, great dodgers and shooters on offense, plays a great team defense and real good coaching.
-I read the BOC just about everyday, and Im not sure I ever saw anyone say or claim that the TG 2016 team was the best in the country, I'm guessing after the U-15 tournament there was some chest thumping about the TG win... making reference to a "2016" win when it should have been a "U-15" win
- regarding the 2017 commit, all I can say is WOW. She must be some kind of awesome player. Keep up the good work kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a disinterested parent from Maryland with a daughter who plays on one of the top 2016 clubs, I can say, unequivocally, the 2016 YJs is BY FAR, the best team in the country. No offense to the TGs but your 2016 team is just OK. Thought I would share that....now get back to ridiculing each other and arguing over the athletic exploits of 15 year old girls. Stay classy LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a disinterested parent from Maryland with a daughter who plays on one of the top 2016 clubs, I can say, unequivocally, the 2016 YJs is BY FAR, the best team in the country. No offense to the TGs but your 2016 team is just OK. Thought I would share that....now get back to ridiculing each other and arguing over the athletic exploits of 15 year old girls. Stay classy LI!

That Cabell Maddux is a Maryland coach running a dysfunctional Maryland program. Real classy MD.......lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That Cabell Maddux is a Maryland coach running a dysfunctional Maryland program. Real classy MD.......lol
What in goodness sakes does Cabell Maddux have to do with a Maryland poster on the girls side asserting that the 2016 Yellow Jackets are a top flight team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What in goodness sakes does Cabell Maddux have to do with a Maryland poster on the girls side asserting that the 2016 Yellow Jackets are a top flight team?

Nothing...
It's a ridiculous comment to mirror the MD posters ridiculous "classy" comment. Ill explain.
Discussing girls club lax doesn't make LI classless as much as Cabell Maddux doesn't make MD classless. That's all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing smile I guess someone is very sensitive to the original poster's sign off "Stay classy LI!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next topic please.
There was an interesting program on HBO last night that talked about parents and sports. STATE IF PLAY...TROPHY KIDS. Some of you should watch this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next topic please.
There was an interesting program on HBO last night that talked about parents and sports. STATE IF PLAY...TROPHY KIDS. Some of you should watch this.

Bill O'reilly has a show on Fox called the NO SPIN ZONE. Its about trying to stick to a certain topic without spinning off into some emotional fact less twighlight zone of a conversation. Some of you should watch this too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a very powerful documentary last night...at times I just wanted to reach thru the screen and smack one of those parents, especially the father of the football player. I am sure these people are the extreme but this seems to me to be a rampant problem in youth sports. When I read some of the posts on the BOC forum you can see this attitude is not going away...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next topic please.

Bill O'reilly has a show on Fox called the NO SPIN ZONE. Its about trying to stick to a certain topic without spinning off into some emotional fact less twighlight zone of a conversation. Some of you should watch this too.
I think its time for your meds.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That was a very powerful documentary last night...at times I just wanted to reach thru the screen and smack one of those parents, especially the father of the football player. I am sure these people are the extreme but this seems to me to be a rampant problem in youth sports. When I read some of the posts on the BOC forum you can see this attitude is not going away...
There was a father who actually quit his job in order to dedicate himself to his son's pursuit of a Division I Scholarship.

Just pause for a moment and reflect on the economic realities of this. Imagine the implications of actually getting that scholarship - or none at all.

This HBO Sports production at times seemed staged, but producer Peter Berg insists that is not the case - everything you are seeing in the documentary is absolute truth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 130 of 327 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard