BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 89 of 220 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same guy that had trouble at the Hofstra 7v7 ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was extremely happy with the new winter program. This is exactly what this club needed, now the girls get great training and competitive scrimmages. Shannon is working directly with every team and every girl with this format, which should greatly help improve the teams and club as a whole. Playing the indoor leagues was a complete waste of time,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does TG's have a 2021 team for this upcoming spring (fifth graders)? or is their youngest team 2020's (6th graders.

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does TG's have a 2021 team for this upcoming spring (fifth graders)? or is their youngest team 2020's (6th graders.

Thanks!

They had a tryout for 2021, so I assume they have a 5th grade team this year - not in the program though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter on the 2021 purple team. I believe this is the first year for 5th graders.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Was there last night with my daughter for 2021 and it was great having instruction from Shannon directly to the girls. They opened up doing some stations on moves and shooting and played a 7v7 for the last 30 min and Shannon would stop play or instruct if she saw the girls were doing things incorrectly. Exactly what they need at this age and glad they just are not running around scrimmaging for the winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter on the 2021 purple team. I believe this is the first year for 5th graders.

first year for 2021, they always start each year with a fifth going into sixth grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was extremely happy with the new winter program. This is exactly what this club needed, now the girls get great training and competitive scrimmages. Shannon is working directly with every team and every girl with this format, which should greatly help improve the teams and club as a whole. Playing the indoor leagues was a complete waste of time,

Agreed!!!!!!! Much better than the indoor league!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but have to disagree , mixing skill levels does not benefit the better players and the cost is excessive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but have to disagree , mixing skill levels does not benefit the better players and the cost is excessive.

You have mixed skill levels in the indoor leagues too, and most of the time girls are just charging to the goal. There's very little team work, and it is nothing like the outdoor game. As a coach, I've had to actually "un-coach" some of the bad habits that develop in those indoor leagues.

Last night's session was much more productive, for the entire group, as a whole. Sorry if your superstar wasn't challenged. Guess you should have seen that coming, when you got the email/invite, and opted out. You could have saved a big $17 per session, which includes instruction from Shannon Smith!! You're paying for travel lacrosse, and you think that's excessive? Some people will ALWAYS see the negative side - must be a sad way to live...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. A total waste of time. My daughter is on 2020 black. There is no system in place, the girls are scattered around doing drills that they did as 3rd graders. How is it helping the girls when half of the girls still have trouble catching the ball. At least keep the teams separated. To have the girls practice with girls that they will never play with on the field is a complete waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you sound silly complaining over the first one hour observation. Maybe you are really afraid that after the tryouts which are one day that some of the shameful purple girls will show up your precious black player. Really I feel sorry for kids when there parents state "the kid that cant catch". In between teaching your child lacrosse teach some kindness too. One hour one night was way too quick to start insulting other children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing it is optional, you should get your money back and stay home

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. A total waste of time. My daughter is on 2020 black. There is no system in place, the girls are scattered around doing drills that they did as 3rd graders. How is it helping the girls when half of the girls still have trouble catching the ball. At least keep the teams separated. To have the girls practice with girls that they will never play with on the field is a complete waste of time.

Can only half agree, what I do get to see, as well as Shannon gets to see is all the girls get exposed for what they are. Some girls who made black and don't belong, purple girls who clearly belong on black and so on. If nothing else this should serve as a extended tryout better enabling Shannon to sort the girls out for the following year.I am familiar with most all age groups and do not think they do a good job sorting out the talent, and mainly because she really doesn't know all the girls well. Some of the girls on my daughters team clearly don't belong on black and I see many purple girls who I would love to see moved up.But then there are the politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No system in place? That wasn't the case at all for 2017. Was very well-organized, and yes - a few balls get dropped. If you think that means your daughter gets nothing out of it, stay home. She probably threw a few bad passes herself. Tell her to play off hand, if she's good and it's beneath her. I'm sure her dodges aren't perfect either. You're obnoxious. If she can't get $17 worth of productivity out of those sessions, you haven't taught her how to practice properly. That wouldn't surprise me, based on your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No system in place? That wasn't the case at all for 2017. Was very well-organized, and yes - a few balls get dropped. If you think that means your daughter gets nothing out of it, stay home. She probably threw a few bad passes herself. Tell her to play off hand, if she's good and it's beneath her. I'm sure her dodges aren't perfect either. You're obnoxious. If she can't get $17 worth of productivity out of those sessions, you haven't taught her how to practice properly. That wouldn't surprise me, based on your post.

Sorry, I have to agree with the previous 2 posts. It was a waste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another one....then don't go. We'll be happy to have lighter numbers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been to quite a few of these workshops and trainings, including DLT (boys and girls), the HUB, other Top Guns and the like. Have to not just disagree, but disagree vehemently. Not sure where you were or what you were watching, but I went in to see what was going on, thinking that SS was coaching only the better team. Pleasantly surprised to see the girls mixed and distinct, solid stations that rotated on a timed schedule. Virtually every kid got some kind of comment, whether a compliment or a constructive instruction. During the scrimmages, they were set up so that the subs were minimal, ensuring each girl received plenty of field time. No going to cage, but rather tight space passing and encouraged ball movement. I am NOT a TG cheerleader, rest assured, if I was unhappy, no problem in sharing. For anyone who participated in last year's workshops with SS and TG, last night was vastly improved and superior. For $17 a session, with that kind of attention, no downside. One sidenote, based on the comments so far, if you really feel your child is that superior, I share/paraphrase an oft-quoted coaching philosophy -- a good player plays well, a great player make other players play well. Have a good night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another one....then don't go. We'll be happy to have lighter numbers

I thought it was excellent and may give some insight to the coaches for the National U15 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
lots of business' hit the ground running, and then fizzle out and disappear. As the previous poster said, It was Shannon that started the club. You don't really think Bill Smith's name could have gotten hundreds of girls to play for him do you? With Shannon being less involved with T.G. because of her Hofstra commitment ,club infighting , bad publicity because of parents, and politics to rival the real top gun's in the club scene. how long do you think people will deal with this silliness? Once people realize the Smith's are just using Shannons name so dad and brother can cash in they will find a new place to play
BOTC was at an event just last night at Hofstra University's David Mack center. We can tell you for sure that the Women's Lacrosse Program at Hofstra is quite healthy and will continue and upward trajectory.

Further, we can tell you that the Long Island Top Guns programs and the affiliated Lacrosse-By-3 group have several extremely interesting events planned for the local girls scene that you will see here on BOTC (hopefully) within the coming weeks.

The grouping of these three elements, along with connections in the college coaching circles, continues to grow and thrive. Having seen a preview of these plans last night at the University, we strongly urge our original poster to rethink their position of a program on the wrong tracks. This is a full steam ahead situation for girls lacrosse.

What we the "interesting events planned for the local girls scene that you will see here on BOTC (hopefully) within the coming weeks" - want to make sure we didnt miss them? Were any of the several events held?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been to quite a few of these workshops and trainings, including DLT (boys and girls), the HUB, other Top Guns and the like. Have to not just disagree, but disagree vehemently. Not sure where you were or what you were watching, but I went in to see what was going on, thinking that SS was coaching only the better team. Pleasantly surprised to see the girls mixed and distinct, solid stations that rotated on a timed schedule. Virtually every kid got some kind of comment, whether a compliment or a constructive instruction. During the scrimmages, they were set up so that the subs were minimal, ensuring each girl received plenty of field time. No going to cage, but rather tight space passing and encouraged ball movement. I am NOT a TG cheerleader, rest assured, if I was unhappy, no problem in sharing. For anyone who participated in last year's workshops with SS and TG, last night was vastly improved and superior. For $17 a session, with that kind of attention, no downside. One sidenote, based on the comments so far, if you really feel your child is that superior, I share/paraphrase an oft-quoted coaching philosophy -- a good player plays well, a great player make other players play well. Have a good night.

That was a great post, and I agree 100%, based on what I saw.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What we the "interesting events planned for the local girls scene that you will see here on BOTC (hopefully) within the coming weeks" - want to make sure we didnt miss them? Were any of the several events held?
A Lacrosse-By-3 Youth Clinic is this upcoming weekend and a High School Clinic is planned for January.

The most interesting point however is that the Recruiting Tournament has been moved to end-July. That event coincides with the K&J Athletics Girls Recruiting Event on the Friday of that weekend. Effectively, this will make that final July weekend an action packed recruiting time for girls. Based on the draw from both events on different weekends last year, we would expect between 80 and 100 institutions to be represented on that weekend making it the biggest girls recruiting event to hit Long Island - ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly why most everyone on and off this team hates 2020 Black. "Your better than everyone else" Good for the young lady and her parents who decided to stay on the 2019 team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on to the previous poster. My daughter is new to TGs and on is on the 2021 purple team. I didn't have my daughter join this program just so she could be in a winning program. I had her tryout so she improves as player with great coaching from a nationally recognized player and coaching staff. If i feel after this year I'm not getting that from the organization I leave. If last nite is any indication of how she is going to be taught I will have no issue with the program. I understand SS will not be there all the time and other coaches will take over but i will expect the same high level of coaching for the money I am paying. Bottom line is your 10,11,12 year old daughter is playing indoor winter lax (its not summer or spring)for development purposes,its not about separating out the teams at this point.

There is going to plenty of time when these teams are separated. Oh and is it wrong that the girls all hangout together and get to know it each other? I'm pretty sure SS told all the girls to know at least 3 new girls names by the end of the night...she didn't specify black or purple.That's how you build good relationships and camaraderie in the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you can see the future your Daughter will NEVER play on a Field with the other Girls. Be that close minded and you will be correct as the others improve their skills your daughter will not and she will be left behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow powerful stuff, vehemently disagree, lol. Try and do the math ,70 kids times 17 equals 1190, take away facility fee of 250 an hour and you get someone earning over 900 an hour to instruct lacrosse , that's reasonable. I guess you are one of those that believe all teams should be equal, no top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow powerful stuff, vehemently disagree, lol. Try and do the math ,70 kids times 17 equals 1190, take away facility fee of 250 an hour and you get someone earning over 900 an hour to instruct lacrosse , that's reasonable. I guess you are one of those that believe all teams should be equal, no top team.

Indoor facilities cost on the low side $350 an hour per field. They are most likely paying $600-700 an hour plus paying 4 trainers . Most age groups had 35-40 girls there . You do the math. Making money yes but getting rich from it ??...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love these people who incorrectly try to scrutinize the profit being made by travel organizations. First of all, your numbers are wrong. Second of all, if you don't like the money they're making, don't contribute. Organizations will charge what the market will pay, rightfully so. It's a matter of supply & demand, not what you think they should, or shouldn't be making. Or, start up your own organization, and see how much money you make...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be on Obama's economic advisory committee! Your calculations are way off much like our government is. Like them your words are filled with lies, slanted opinions and cloudy speculation adopted as fact. Really sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly why most everyone on and off this team hates 2020 Black. "Your better than everyone else" Good for the young lady and her parents who decided to stay on the 2019 team!

It is unfair to put a blanket point of view on the entire 2020 black team! The above post is the view of one anonymous poster! We didn't all think Sunday was bad- it was certainly better than beating up on a team 18-2! Not everyone on the team thinks our daughter is better than all!! Some of us realize that all the kids from the top down need to work hard and continue to grow! You'd be hard pressed to find the 11 year old that knows everything about lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys need to get the "OH YEAH" tee shirts, keep drinking the cool aide. According to your boys calculations SS is losing money and must be the worst business person around.
37.5 x 17 =637.50 , minus out facility at 650 and 4 trainers at 20 each and she is losing 100 an hour. OH YEAH. Believe it the parents that have kids on the black team would prefer to stay with higher level players, just like advanced classes in school it does not help the smarter kids to dumb it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that have to do with anything? Also, might make sense to stay with the 2019 team because from what has been said around here she wouldn't be able to play with 2020 in the u15 anyway. I don't know that as fact, and it's not a knock. No point in bringing this up anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny - read back awhile in the posts everyone hated the 2019 parents last season! Lol. Hang in there 2021 everyone will hate you next year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys need to get the "OH YEAH" tee shirts, keep drinking the cool aide. According to your boys calculations SS is losing money and must be the worst business person around.
37.5 x 17 =637.50 , minus out facility at 650 and 4 trainers at 20 each and she is losing 100 an hour. OH YEAH. Believe it the parents that have kids on the black team would prefer to stay with higher level players, just like advanced classes in school it does not help the smarter kids to dumb it down.

I don't know who you're talking to, but your math makes no sense, and you're all over the place. Just stay home, and let the girls who can't keep up with your superstar get better. Hopefully, you're not even a TG parent anyway...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like many new TG parents have found this site, welcome! One thing to note is that this anonymous posting gets obnoxious from both people from your club and certainly from people from other clubs that are just looking to stir things up. Some of the negative posts about the training are no doubt from parents from other clubs and were not even there. Rest assured this new winter clinic idea is as good as it gets. I wish they ran it for 2 hours or twice a week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like many new TG parents have found this site, welcome! One thing to note is that this anonymous posting gets obnoxious from both people from your club and certainly from people from other clubs that are just looking to stir things up. Some of the negative posts about the training are no doubt from parents from other clubs and were not even there. Rest assured this new winter clinic idea is as good as it gets. I wish they ran it for 2 hours or twice a week.

As good as it gets , get over yourself. Pick who you believe are the top 5 players in the age group and ask for their honest opinion if that's as good as it gets. Hopefully the purple keeps practicing together with the black for the whole year that way the kids can just switch back and forth on the teams because we all know everybody is equal , except for the kid who gets to pick the team they play on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team has parents of chosen ones.
Please don't lump all of the 2020 Black parents together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As good as it gets , get over yourself. Pick who you believe are the top 5 players in the age group and ask for their honest opinion if that's as good as it gets. Hopefully the purple keeps practicing together with the black for the whole year that way the kids can just switch back and forth on the teams because we all know everybody is equal , except for the kid who gets to pick the team they play on.

Enough all ready about this kid that is playing up. I have never seen this kid but from what I hear she is legit. The only issue with her playing up is when she gets to 11th grade and moves down to play on grade for her final year she will bump a player off the black team that may have been playing on that team for years. Two ways to look at it....Let her play up now prolonging the inevitable or move her down now and put the last kid on the roster to purple....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough all ready about this kid that is playing up. I have never seen this kid but from what I hear she is legit. The only issue with her playing up is when she gets to 11th grade and moves down to play on grade for her final year she will bump a player off the black team that may have been playing on that team for years. Two ways to look at it....Let her play up now prolonging the inevitable or move her down now and put the last kid on the roster to purple....

I know, enough is enough...that and the winter training have been talked about enough already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't speak for the other four, but yeah, it is very good. Look at other camps, clinics and training alternatives. Here you have the black and purple team playing together, the teams were selected and man weaker players were passed on by the club. What you have left is a cross section of average talent that far exceeds all but a very very few select invitational high school girl camps. Between all my daughters I have been to many and most camps and clinics out there, they accept any and all comers with cash in hand. This is true of all TG and YJ camps as well. This is not the blue team practicing with the 7th or 8th team in the age group, its the first team with second and half the second team roster are better than the bottom half of first.

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 220 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard