BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 126 of 327 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure where Stony Brook comes into the Hofstra story But thanks.
I was just making a comment about Hofstra and not sure why there is so much chatter about the negative. The men's team do good and I wonder why people are not pushing for the the women's team to be good. I will be watching to see more Long Island girls on her roster the coach is a Long Island Girl and maybe she can bring some big name players home and schools here to play her team! I travel 4 hours for home games for my kids!

I can tell you why there's so much "chatter about the negative", when it comes to Hofstra - YOU'RE ON THE YJ THREAD! Unfortunately, there are crazy, short-sighted, parents here, who are so caught up in the TG vs. YJ nonsense, that they lose sight of the actual game, their kids' experience, and the fact that they should be rooting for Long Island lacrosse to get stronger, across the board. They're so obsessed with TG that they talk more about that program than their own! Now, they're turning it into Hofstra vs. Stony Brook!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AD at stony brook is out. Does Spallina jump to a bigger program with more cash now?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
AD at stony brook is out. Does Spallina jump to a bigger program with more cash now?
This is a major item as the University did not disclose any reason for this release, particularly with almost 3 years remaining on his contract. The school effectively paid him $800,000 according to Newsday and did not want his services as AD any longer. We suspect that there is much more to this story.

Newsday Article : Stony Brook Releases AD Fiore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
This is a major item as the University did not disclose any reason for this release, particularly with almost 3 years remaining on his contract. The school effectively paid him $800,000 according to Newsday and did not want his services as AD any longer. We suspect that there is much more to this story.

Newsday Article : Stony Brook Releases AD Fiore

I agree, bio down from website and office cleaned out in the dead of night without a succession plan in place. Sounds like something happened. Coaching conduct/oversight seems to be affecting more people everyday (Miami, Rutgers etc). Wonder what the story is here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

So who got the short end of the political stick this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

So who got the short end of the political stick this year?

Surprised at how quiet it is this morning. So far, this is no fun! Haha! C'mon, let's hear it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
5 team$ at the 2018/2019 level? I gue$$ a lot of elite kid$ $howed up for tryout$ thi$ year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we all got the short end !! 25, 26, 27 kids on each roster. 5 teams in each year. Can't wait for those 20 minute playoff games with 26 kids to get into a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
It looks like there is only going to be 2 top teams in the 2019 division this year. Bert/Manning and Carro/Costa. Based on the names of the other coaches, the other three appear to be developmental teams. The parents of the kids on those teams should save their money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
It looks like there is only going to be 2 top teams in the 2019 division this year. Bert/Manning and Carro/Costa. Based on the names of the other coaches, the other three appear to be developmental teams. The parents of the kids on those teams should save their money.
I think Lonigro is the 3rd team. The rest are just extra money for CR. You guys should have considered wearing Purple this ywear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
5 team$ at the 2018/2019 level? I gue$$ a lot of elite kid$ $howed up for tryout$ thi$ year.

I think there's (5) 2020 teams too! "Elite"? What a joke!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
we all got the short end !! 25, 26, 27 kids on each roster. 5 teams in each year. Can't wait for those 20 minute playoff games with 26 kids to get into a game.
BOTC posted the following on October 21st, 2013 :

BOTC Warns Against Fifth and Sixth Teams

Quoting from our post : When the summer season comes about and that fifth and sixth level team's parents are complaining about the attention and training afforded to their daughters while they are sporting their new Yellow Jackets gear, BOTC is going to turn a deaf ear to the discussion.

We just never anticipated it taking only one month until the first gripes. Time for us to turn off the hearing aids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

5 teams at 2020 at 25 and 26 kids and then alternates to boot. What are the team rankings? the teams on the second 2020 file actually have some really low jersey numbers which is confusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the rosters aren't set until everyone pays, things will still change a bit especially at the bottom end and at the younger ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

5 teams at 2020 at 25 and 26 kids and then alternates to boot. What are the team rankings? the teams on the second 2020 file actually have some really low jersey numbers which is confusing.

The low #s on low teams is bc there are so many girls that once they reached #99 they had to start from #1 again.
It also looks like that top team is weaker due to politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

Good question, with all the new teams and coaching changes, what are the rankings. My daughter stayed on her team, but there were other teams added and a coaching change as well. Not sure what her team rank is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

The low #s on low teams is bc there are so many girls that once they reached #99 they had to start from #1 again.

I wish they would put the girls school district next to their name like they do for college recruitment. I think it would be telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

Some of the low #'s are also girls who started out with the top team 2 years ago and have been moved down. 2020 Blue has 7 new girls. They added a second goalie is one. 4 Girls moved up from Jones team. 3 definitely deserve it. But a couple of others should have been there also. And no, my daughter is not one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to stir the pot. On 2019 looks like only girls that moved up to top two teams were from Smithtown and only 1 from another town. Politics anyone???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.

I wish they would put the girls school district next to their name like they do for college recruitment. I think it would be telling.

What else would you like? Address? Phone #? Soc Sec #?
If I were them, I'd do away with posting rosters all together. Is there any benefit to the program directors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019's is mostly Smithtown - not surprised at all

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
the 3rd team is a good team not a developmental team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to stir the pot. On 2019 looks like only girls that moved up to top two teams were from Smithtown and only 1 from another town. Politics anyone???
Looks like the coach went with them. What happened to his team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish they would put the girls school district next to their name like they do for college recruitment. I think it would be telling. [/quote]

If I were them, I'd do away with posting rosters all together. Is there any benefit to the program directors? [/quote]

The benefit is transparency. Parents want to know what team their kid made and who else is on it. Without posting the rosters the YJ's would field a million phone calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So agree ever hear of someone moving up 2 teams ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I were them, I'd do away with posting rosters all together. Is there any benefit to the program directors?

The benefit is transparency. Parents want to know what team their kid made and who else is on it. Without posting the rosters the YJ's would field a million phone calls.

Many organizations don't post rosters. They email the parents, letting them know which team they're on, or just post tryout #'s on the website, and be done with it. I think that's what I'd do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Vgraz34
What team is the 3rd team? Costa went with Carro and is no longer the 3rd team coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear that there was some Mt. Sinai movement, due to Bert taking over a 2019 team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown is the new Mt sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's clear to me the kids are happy on these teams. At least YJ
has the volume to accommodate kids from many different ability
levels. Kids just want to play and YJ gives them many opportunities
year round through leagues, camps, clinics, fall and summer tourneys unlike
most other clubs.

They have a consistent staff and most varsity level coaches on every
team. The kids can't help but get better learning from them.

38 2015 kids committed 2016 kids going fast
They just won Mid Atlantic Championships and T3 this past weekend
I must say they have balanced keeping there top teams Elite as well
as developing those that aspire to get to that level.

There teams 4-5 are better than most second teams from other clubs!
Keep up the good work coaches!! YJ you know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear that there was some Mt. Sinai movement, due to Bert taking over a 2019 team...
According to a conversation my daughter had this past weekend at T3 with a FAF kid, they all asked to be on Berts team in 2014. I guess didn't see the request form at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Vgraz34
What team is the 3rd team? Costa went with Carro and is no longer the 3rd team coach.

Who is the #1 and the #2 at 2019? Big shakeup, mostly due to HS affiliation. Is Carro still number 1 and Bert number 2? It will be interesting to see the outcome when they play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe smithtown just practices more, FAF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually Cook is the 3rd team. Lingro is the 4th and so on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cook is the 3rd team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
carro-bert-lonigro-cook-hearny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait until next year when PM takes over Berts team. The pieces are already starting to fall into place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe smithtown just practices more, FAF

I agree. The difference between the Smithtown kids and the FAF is work ethic. The Smithtown kids work very hard, where the FAF don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
carro-bert-lonigro-cook-hearny
bert-carro-hearny-lonigro-cook

Like Reply Quote