BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2013 through Summer 2014 thread covering the Boys 2019 (7th Grade) age group.

In order to introduce this year's thread, we are categorizing this age group's tryouts by date.

8/25, Outlaws, 9:00am

9/7, Team Threshers, 11:00am
9/7, fl$, 2:00pm
9/7, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/7, Turf Island, 5:00pm
9/7, Revolution, 6:00pm

9/8, fl$, 2:00pm

9/14, Team Threshers, 9:00am
9/14, Team 91, 3:00pm
9/14, Outlaws, 3:30pm

9/15, Legacy, 9:00am

9/21, Legacy, 9:00am
9/21, True Blue, 3:00pm
9/21, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/22, True Blue, 6:00pm
9/22, Jesters, 8:30pm

9/29, Thunder, 9:00am
9/29, Recon, 6:30pm

10/5, Revolution, 3:00pm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replaying the Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 latest comments onto the new thread

I love all these posts that insult the parents of the kids on select teams. Other than directly insulting kids, it is one of the most devious cheap shots on here; impossible to counter because when you do the original poster replies "you see, you people are nutty" (or words to that effect). Its like trying to disprove the negative and lets face it, is usually perpetrated by a person whose child did not make one of these teams.
So let me add my two cents to the nutty parent issue:
we have been involved with 3 organizations: - 2 travel, 1 PAL. In only one of those organizations did all of the following occur:
- parents approaching, calling, texting and e-mailing the coach to tell him who should and should not be playing, and when
- parents yelling insults at children who were not their own from the sideline
- parents openly insulting other children, for example "this kid cant even catch, why is he in?"
- arguments between parents of the same team on the sideline
- parents who did not pay their way
- other general "brown nosing" to get in good graces with the program (I will leave it there)
- parents coaching from the sideline in direct conflict with what the coach is trying to achieve (e.g. Johnny, take it yourself, go to the cage")

Yes, that was in the PAL program if you havent already figured it out. Ours is considered one of the top programs on the island so if it happens in ours, it happens in yours too.

On a more positive note, we found the parents on both travel teams very pleasant and not "nutty" at all. As a matter of fact, parents from travel teams can leave all of the "town associated drama" and pre-conceived nonsense behind. No issues bleeding over from other sports, school, friends, etc. No resentment or jealousy towards other kids because they wont be competing against each other for a position at school. People actually rooted for other peoples' kids - and did it with sincerity!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replaying the conversation from the Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 thread

You are correct. I am sure one or more of these things happened with our travel teams, I just didn't see it. I can tell you for a fact though, that all of these things happened in our PAL organization, and on the same team, no less. I think the travel parents - bashing thing is a bit contrived and played out at this point. Furthermore, it smacks with jealousy and resentment, and like almost all generalizations, is utter nonsense. It has been my experience thus far that the travel team parents seemed more reasonable and less under-handed than those at PAL. I wont say what program it is, but I should correct my earlier characterization to say "we used to be" one of the top youth programs on the island.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You aren't to far off base, but all of your points still happen in Travel.
It just exists more in PAL and much less on the AA's but still exists inbetween.

I love all these posts that insult the parents of the kids on select teams. Other than directly insulting kids, it is one of the most devious cheap shots on here; impossible to counter because when you do the original poster replies "you see, you people are nutty" (or words to that effect). Its like trying to disprove the negative and lets face it, is usually perpetrated by a person whose child did not make one of these teams.
So let me add my two cents to the nutty parent issue:
we have been involved with 3 organizations: - 2 travel, 1 PAL. In only one of those organizations did all of the following occur:
- parents approaching, calling, texting and e-mailing the coach to tell him who should and should not be playing, and when
- parents yelling insults at children who were not their own from the sideline
- parents openly insulting other children, for example "this kid cant even catch, why is he in?"
- arguments between parents of the same team on the sideline
- parents who did not pay their way
- other general "brown nosing" to get in good graces with the program (I will leave it there)
- parents coaching from the sideline in direct conflict with what the coach is trying to achieve (e.g. Johnny, take it yourself, go to the cage")

Yes, that was in the PAL program if you havent already figured it out. Ours is considered one of the top programs on the island so if it happens in ours, it happens in yours too.

On a more positive note, we found the parents on both travel teams very pleasant and not "nutty" at all. As a matter of fact, parents from travel teams can leave all of the "town associated drama" and pre-conceived nonsense behind. No issues bleeding over from other sports, school, friends, etc. No resentment or jealousy towards other kids because they wont be competing against each other for a position at school. People actually rooted for other peoples' kids - and did it with sincerity!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Please use this thread for the new seasonal year's discussion of Boys 2019 action.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
Please use this thread for the new seasonal year's discussion of Boys 2019 action.
Relaunching this thread to get the latest discussion on the proper seasonal year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from Previous Seasonal Year Boys 2019 Thread

The Dukes final score was 6-3. I thought all 3 teams were EXCELLENT - It would be great to see travel teams play in the Spring County League against each other. We travel all over the east coast looking to play the best teams and we really don't have to look far at all. According to everything I've read, 91, Express and Dune Dogs are the best three 2019 teams on LI. There are other programs that are probably a notch or two below that I'm sure would love to participate in events like yesterday. All the directors should continue to set up little round robin days like that. The games were intense and every child benefitted from that.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from the Previous Season Year's Boys 2019 Thread

Okay a few teams have had a few games practices scrimmages under their belts and some have even played against the others. Presuming the below list is the list representing the LI AA/A teams for 2019 (alphabetically).
  • What's your take on the grade?
  • Are the Schedules posted for these teams so we will know who will potentially play whom?
  • Can we at least say we will all go to Lax fest. By then all of our boys should be hitting their stride.

2019 list As of Fall 2013

91 O
DD
Express wolves
fl$
Greys
Jesters
Legacy
Outlaws
Revolution
Team LI
True Blue

91 has now played a few of the teams, you may be the best gauge on the grade, what is your take on how 2019 will represent?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from the Previous Season Year Boys 2019 Thread

91 Orange has played 12 games this Fall including the Express, Outlaws, Dukes and Legacy (2x). Most of the other teams were decent, not great, but not exactly pushovers either. We did not always play great, but we managed to win them all. The most competitive were Express and Dukes but Legacy is very solid and will be a team to contend with next Spring. I dont think the results really should translate to being on the top of some meaningless list which is only written to stir the pot, but we learned where we need work, and we also learned that the competition gets better every year as you get older. BTW, i know this is like throwing a lit match on gasoline, but 91 Crush belongs at or near the top of any list that involves LI 2019 or 2020. I know that can be a bitter one to swallow but like it or not, they can beat most of the teams on that 2019 list on any given day - some easilly, even maybe the DD assuming cloning people becomes ethically acceptable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Replayed from the Previous Season Year Boys 2019 Thread

91 Orange has played 12 games this Fall including the Express, Outlaws, Dukes and Legacy (2x). Most of the other teams were decent, not great, but not exactly pushovers either. We did not always play great, but we managed to win them all. The most competitive were Express and Dukes but Legacy is very solid and will be a team to contend with next Spring. I dont think the results really should translate to being on the top of some meaningless list which is only written to stir the pot, but we learned where we need work, and we also learned that the competition gets better every year as you get older. BTW, i know this is like throwing a lit match on gasoline, but 91 Crush belongs at or near the top of any list that involves LI 2019 or 2020. I know that can be a bitter one to swallow but like it or not, they can beat most of the teams on that 2019 list on any given day - some easilly, even maybe the DD assuming cloning people becomes ethically acceptable!

Thanks for the response. This is what I was looking to see/read.

My son doesn't need to be the best player, he doesn't need to play on the best team. But I would like him to always play the best he can against the best available.

Go 2019, with friends on 6 or more of the teams listed, I wish you all well. Looking forward to June when the boys are really hitting their strides and the coaches worked out all those correctables.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen DD at Laxfest in years..maybe never.

He won't play without the crush kids I guess..

Okay a few teams have had a few games practices scrimmages under their belts and some have even played against the others. Presuming the below list is the list representing the LI AA/A teams for 2019 (alphabetically).
  • Are the Schedules posted for these teams so we will know who will potentially play whom?
  • Can we at least say we will all go to Lax fest. By then all of our boys should be hitting their stride.

91 O
DD
Express wolves
fl$
Greys
Jesters
Legacy
Outlaws
Revolution
Team LI
True Blue

91 has now played a few of the teams, you may be the best gauge on the grade, what is your take on how 2019 will represent?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Replayed from the Previous Seasonal Year's Boys 2019 Thread

My son said one of the all greys boys that played at NYIT on Sunday played with DD's on Saturday at Oyster Bay......is "all grey" a town team?

No, not a town team. I saw some Smithtown helmets, kings park, and I think Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have the All Greys been doing so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've had a lot of kids come and go they used to have kids from Gladiators and Kingspark . Solid B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've had a lot of kids come and go they used to have kids from Gladiators and Kingspark . Solid B team

Don't they play in mostly A divisions? Thought they were A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Greys only play in A tourneys for 2019. Could be a B, Could be an A depending on how you rate the other teams. Havent beaten the top 3, but split with true blue and outlaws black last year, beat white. tied team LI. the entire core came back and have improved at every position. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids come and go from the all greys in inaccurate. nice family team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Greys played in Princeton and went 3-1 and went 3-0 at NYIT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Greys only play in A tourneys for 2019. Could be a B, Could be an A depending on how you rate the other teams. Havent beaten the top 3, but split with true blue and outlaws black last year, beat white. tied team LI. the entire core came back and have improved at every position. Time will tell.

They tied Team Long Island B. Never played the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI B played in the A division at Shamrock last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last summer we played them and we were in a B bracket....they beat us but it was a B bracket for sure....just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which A teams did they beat on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they try to avoid 91-run events, as an organization, for various reasons. My son's on a different HDD team, and I'm glad we try not to support anything that's affiliated w/Team 91

I haven't seen DD at Laxfest in years..maybe never.

He won't play without the crush kids I guess..

91 O
DD
Express wolves
fl$
Greys
Jesters
Legacy
Outlaws
Revolution
Team LI
True Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a nice family team but their goalie just left and is playing with 91 orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which A teams did they beat on Sunday?

Sunday didn't have A teams, They played B teams (Express, Riverhead, 91 Stampede).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greys' goalie is the same as last year, please try to have your information correct before posting about a 12 year old boy. They are a solid non-profit team, A or B who cares! It is about the kids getting better and having fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ran the NYIT tournament last weekend? I didnt see any advertisement. What ages played ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What A teams did white play on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team do you refer to when you say "we"? Which tourney did you play them in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a nice family team but their goalie just left and is playing with 91 orange

I thought 5 or 6 kids went to HDD also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Greys are a very good team, was very impressed with the way they moved the ball.. is that the old Gladiator 2019 team? either way very good team. My son is on express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The All Greys goalie from Kings Park is playing on 91 Orange

Greys' goalie is the same as last year, please try to have your information correct before posting about a 12 year old boy. They are a solid non-profit team, A or B who cares! It is about the kids getting better and having fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Some play on both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ran the NYIT tournament last weekend? I didnt see any advertisement. What ages played ?

I believe it was a fundraiser for the NYIT Lacrosse Team. Saw Express, 91, and some town teams, and only spanned 4 age brackets (2021/22, 2020, 2019, 2018).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is white?
What A teams did white play on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 white....my mistake, i believe that they played sat, not sunday....who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played house of sports, Team SUperstar 2019 and NH Tomahawks Purple. Both of those teams are listed as A/AA with there organizations. Purple won the A division at the Harvard Fall tournament a few weeks earlier. They beat HOS 7-1, Superstar 7-3 and Tomahawks 7-1. They then played Black Dog which was a 2018 team that was somehow placed in the 2019 bracket. They lost 6-4. I'm not saying you said it, but they have beaten A level teams before and somehow are still looked down upon because they are the second team in the organization. Are they as good as Orange, no, are they as good as Crush maybe not but they will give them a competitive game. They beat fl$ last year, NJ Patriot, Smithtown A, The Terps 2020 and beat PowerCrush once which is really the All Greys. They also beat Riptide multiple times which is now Legacy and somehow those teams are on someone's imaginary list. The Jester's played almost all B tournaments last year and had a hard time winning and again, they are on the list. 91 White isn't because they are the org's second team and people won't accpet a 2nd or even a third team being competitive within the same organization.
91 white....my mistake, i believe that they played sat, not sunday....who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 white was at Yale Bulldog on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that you had a pretty clear argument for White as an A team. One mistake that you made is that Powercrush is NOT really the All Greys. Some boys have played both, but DDs, Outlaws and 91 boys have played on Powercrush. Team is different every time they go on the field. Just for pick up and just for fun. Also, a little surprised you would use an indoor game to advance your cause. They dont count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow why so hard on the Jesters they know who they are and where they belong. Sounds like someone doesn't like being the afterthought (not the second team which is Crush maybe not even the 3rd team which is Stampede).

I thought we long Islander's held ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to lacrosse. You should know until you play LI A teams consistently your not considered an A team on LI. You are a good team yes, but just because you play an organizations best team and they call themselves A doesn't mean you are an A team. HOS Superstars are good teams but not on Par to an A level LI team. Maybe an A team Westchester team.

Go play V's 2019 TLI team and tell us how you make out. Isnt the Stampede playing them?

"...Are you as good as Crush... maybe not... will give them a competitive game..." Wow I gotta scroll down to see that again. You really wrote that. Go ahead play them and tell us how that worked out for you. You say you beat Patriots, Smithtown A and beat RIPtide multiple times last year. You guys know how those all worked out for you. But this is a new year, do you really think you would beat Patriots again. I don't think Legacy is last years RIPtide team and Terps 2020 is a strong team.

BTW - Didn't you see the bracket you were in prior to the tournament. Didn't you see that your championship or playoff game would be against 1 of 4 2019/2018 teams. Why whine after the tournament.

Now I like your team, and your attitude. You're a good team, but please take a harder look in the mirror. Are you really the team you think you are?

They played house of sports, Team SUperstar 2019 and NH Tomahawks Purple. Both of those teams are listed as A/AA with there organizations. Purple won the A division at the Harvard Fall tournament a few weeks earlier. They beat HOS 7-1, Superstar 7-3 and Tomahawks 7-1. They then played Black Dog which was a 2018 team that was somehow placed in the 2019 bracket. They lost 6-4. I'm not saying you said it, but they have beaten A level teams before and somehow are still looked down upon because they are the second team in the organization. Are they as good as Orange, no, are they as good as Crush maybe not but they will give them a competitive game. They beat fl$ last year, NJ Patriot, Smithtown A, The Terps 2020 and beat PowerCrush once which is really the All Greys. They also beat Riptide multiple times which is now Legacy and somehow those teams are on someone's imaginary list. The Jester's played almost all B tournaments last year and had a hard time winning and again, they are on the list. 91 White isn't because they are the org's second team and people won't accpet a 2nd or even a third team being competitive within the same organization.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard