BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Long Island Liberty Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discussion thread for community members interested in the Long Island Liberty including club information, coaching, teams, tournaments, and game play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results for the Long Island Liberty at the Lax Inception in Maryland. The 2012 Black finished over the 2012 Yellow Jackets Gold. The 2013 Black was outgunned in top flight. The 2013 Red finished over the 2013 Yellow Jacket Black.

2012 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 34GF, 30GA, Third
2012 Red : 2W-2L-0T, 32GF, 31GA, Third

2013 Black : 0W-4L-0T, 25GF, 55GA, Sixth
2013 Red : 3W-1L-0T, 28GF, 27GA, Second

2014 Black : 2W-2L-0T, 37GF, 32GA, Third
2014 Red : 1W-1L-2T, 35GF, 28GA, Fourth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Results for the Long Island Liberty at the Lax Inception in Maryland. The 2012 Black finished over the 2012 Yellow Jackets Gold. The 2013 Black was outgunned in top flight. The 2013 Red finished over the 2013 Yellow Jacket Black.

2012 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 34GF, 30GA, Third
2012 Red : 2W-2L-0T, 32GF, 31GA, Third

2013 Black : 0W-4L-0T, 25GF, 55GA, Sixth
2013 Red : 3W-1L-0T, 28GF, 27GA, Second

2014 Black : 2W-2L-0T, 37GF, 32GA, Third
2014 Red : 1W-1L-2T, 35GF, 28GA, Fourth

2015?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Liberty 2015 teams did not play at the Lax Inception but attended Lax by the Sea in New Jersey based on what we have been told. Liberty 2015 Black was in the 2015 Rip Curl division and the Liberty 2015 Blue played in the 2015 Billabong division. We do not have individual game results but can confirm that neither team placed in the playoff finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know about the Liberty developmental program?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the Liberty 2014 Team (rising 9th graders) play "down" in the 8th grade division at LI Laxfest. They beat up on everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the Liberty 2014 Team (rising 9th graders) play "down" in the 8th grade division at LI Laxfest. They beat up on everyone.

Too bad they are not playing at the yJ tourney this weekend. WOuld be a fun game between Liberty 2014 and YJ 2014.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If by "rising 9th graders" you mean the girls entering HS/9th grade in September, those would be 2015, not 2014.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad they are not playing at the yJ tourney this weekend. WOuld be a fun game between Liberty 2014 and YJ 2014.

YJ 2014 beat them already this year! It wasn't much of a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is the better of the Liberty teams Black or Red

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is the better of the Liberty teams Black or Red

Black is Liberty's best team in every age group. Liberty Black teams match up well with the best teams in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way, in the country, not even in top 3 in county

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way, in the country, not even in top 3 in county

They often come in top four in the major national recruiting events. And they beat all Long Island teams easily, with the exception of the Jackets. Sorry, it's the truth.

Now go back to Top Guns or Express board and keep dreaming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it goes
Black
red
blue

good coaches go to the black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did 2015 black play in these tournaments ... thats bad

Congratulations to the 2015 Black Team — LI Lax Fest Champions and LI Beach Bums Champions

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Congratulations to the 2015 Black Team — LI Lax Fest Champions and LI Beach Bums Champions
Since BOTC was at the Beach Bums Babylon LAX Blast tournament, we can specifically discuss this item. We spoke with Pam (Liberty Coach) at the event and she told us that the club was looking to do something local that weekend given other travels and the weekends simply aligned for the club. There was nothing "bad" about the Beach Bums event and we can tell you that Greg Antolini and team put on a terrific show on many different levels. Your opinion is ill-informed. Why not attend one of these events before offering the "bad" label?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At Lax Fest the Liberty 2015's who were all rising 9th graders played in the 8th grade division. Every other team were rising 8th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to claim that you can compete with the best teams in the nation perhaps playing in these local type tournaments while avoiding the yj local tourney is a concern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it goes
Black
red
blue

good coaches go to the black.

Are the rumors true..only black and red teams for 2015 next year?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If you are going to claim that you can compete with the best teams in the nation perhaps playing in these local type tournaments while avoiding the yj local tourney is a concern
Understand your view, but we are reacting to different points. You are reacting to the competition level in general while BOTC was reacting to the "bad" label with Babylon LAX Blast event.

Back on point, BOTC has been very vocal (both at the Yellow Jackets showcase and at the Babylon LAX Blast) that Long Island girls lacrosse in general could do a MUCH (did we underscore "much") better job in terms of co-support.

Further, it is our educated view is that if some of the contenders reached out to support the Yellow Jackets events as a starting point, the whole environment locally would improve. In particular, BOTC thinks that ignoring the Showcase simply because of club differences does nothing but hurt the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes - only 2 teams for 2015 for next year. Honestly think this is a good idea

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not saying the tournament was bad I think its good for towns teams to have local tournaments .I was trying to say the 2015 black which is a very good team should be playing in bigger tournaments than that . The 2015 black team should not be playing town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not saying the tournament was bad I think its good for towns teams to have local tournaments .I was trying to say the 2015 black which is a very good team should be playing in bigger tournaments than that . The 2015 black team should not be playing town teams.

They should NOT be playing teams a full year younger than them either like they did at Lax Fest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should NOT be playing teams a full year younger than them either like they did at Lax Fest.

My daughter does not play for either YJ blue or Liberty black but she does have friends who play for both. Everytime Liberty black loses to yj blue they say the coach cheated or had extra players. They are not that good the liberty black. They are about equal to yj gold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. 2015 Black is very strong. This must have been a scheduling mess up (them playing down in one tournament) or they are just supporting local tournaments. They played correct age at all Lax for Cure tournaments throughout the years, which is a big one.

Liberty goes to very competitive tournamnets, and I am sure they go to more as the girls hit high school. My goodness, they support one local tournament, get placed in a younger bracket, and suddenly people start saying they don't play competitively. Unbelievable.

Their 2012 Black came in second in a huge tournament this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. 2015 Black is very strong. This must have been a scheduling mess up (them playing down in one tournament) or they are just supporting local tournaments. They played correct age at all Lax for Cure tournaments throughout the years, which is a big one.

Liberty goes to very competitive tournamnets, and I am sure they go to more as the girls hit high school. My goodness, they support one local tournament, get placed in a younger bracket, and suddenly people start saying they don't play competitively. Unbelievable.

which one? who did they lose to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax for the Cure this year. Not sure who they lost to, but Liberty Black came in second place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter does not play for either YJ blue or Liberty black but she does have friends who play for both. Everytime Liberty black loses to yj blue they say the coach cheated or had extra players. They are not that good the liberty black. They are about equal to yj gold

2015 Yellow Jackets Blue, 2015 Yellow Jackets Gold, and 2015 Liberty Black are all very strong teams.

So your daughter plays for neither the Yellow Jackets or Liberty, yet you know the details of of the talent level of Yellow Jackets Blue, Yellow Jackets Gold, and Liberty Black? And you are posting on the Liberty forum?

So what team does your daughter play on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax for the Cure this year. Not sure who they lost to, but Liberty Black came in second place.

From a previous "CageSage" post:

"LAX FOR THE CURE LIST OF TEAM WINNERS"

2012: STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

"In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play." which means they did not advance to the quarterfinals.

Before YJ promoters go crazy, this was just ONE tournament. YJs won many tournaments. It just shows you that there are other high quality programs out there, and not just from the Liberty or YJs either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a previous "CageSage" post:

"LAX FOR THE CURE LIST OF TEAM WINNERS"

2012: STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

"In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play." which means they did not advance to the quarterfinals.

Before YJ promoters go crazy, this was just ONE tournament. YJs won many tournaments. It just shows you that there are other high quality programs out there, and not just from the Liberty or YJs either.

I am sure there is more to it, like did YJ blue play in a higher bracket? Give all details please, not just what suits your team. We wont be having this discussion next year as I hear Liberty has lost a lot of players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like it was Cagesage (the moderator) who wrote the results, not anyone associated with any team, so I am not sure what your issue is? You think Cagesage is biased? Come on already.

Word is the Jackets are losing players left and right, not the other way around.

Please go beat your drum on the Yellow Jackets Board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like it was Cagesage (the moderator) who wrote the results, not anyone associated with any team, so I am not sure what your issue is? You think Cagesage is biased? Come on already.

Word is the Jackets are losing players left and right, not the other way around.

So Liberty is eliminating teams. Why? Oh because they had such a good turnout. OK, keep fooling yourself. See you at lax for a cure, but that's about it cause all the other tourns you attend are for, well, liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Liberty is eliminating teams. Why? Oh because they had such a good turnout. OK, keep fooling yourself. See you at lax for a cure, but that's about it cause all the other tourns you attend are for, well, liberty

Huh? Older grades go to all major events.

Why are you yellow jacket parents on the Liberty forum? Are you that threatened? Both programs are great, and let's not get so nasty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Older grades go to all major events.

Why are you yellow jacket parents on the Liberty forum? Are you that threatened? Both programs are great, and let's not get so nasty.

YJ parents on here because that is who they are. It starts at the top and permeates down though the coaches and then into the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Coaches at YJ are awesome!! Know need to bash them becasue of some parents that are board all day on this site

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.
Friends, this thread is to be focused on the Long Island Liberty program - this is not about the Yellow Jackets program. If you want to compare games and results head-to-head, fine, but please let's avoid hijacking this thread. Suggesting that any one program is "scared" is just silly. As for more competition emerging, yes, we think you will see other programs begin to emerge over time to take a crack at the Long Island Girls Lacrosse market. However, that does not mean that the entrenched leaders will lose their dominant position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Coaches at YJ are awesome!! Know need to bash them becasue of some parents that are board all day on this site
The capitalization (Coaches) and incorrect spellings/usage (Know as opposed to "No", becasue as opposed to "because", board as opposed to "bored") leave a finger print of who the poster was. Who would post with these errors? Who would be posting as a pro-YJ supporter at the coaching level? Who has been upset that this site (which is good for Long Island LAX) even exists? Who has something to lose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The capitalization (Coaches) and incorrect spellings/usage (Know as opposed to "No", becasue as opposed to "because", board as opposed to "bored") leave a finger print of who the poster was. Who would post with these errors? Who would be posting as a pro-YJ supporter at the coaching level? Who has been upset that this site (which is good for Long Island LAX) even exists? Who has something to lose?
Either I do not get your attempt at humor or you must really be grasping at straws to try and knock some yj supporter. More likely the post was from some kid on the yj that really likes her coach. Feel free to correct all the spelling and grammer you like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't exactly know if what you predict here will happen, but it does appear the landscape is rapidly changing. As far as the stigma of yellowjacket parents....I now concede, many certainly are over the top. This over the top yellowjacket parent sentiment is something I heard whispers of when my daughter first started in girl's lacrosse. Never thought much about it early on for the first few years. Then you start playing the yellowjacket teams, and I will give the girls/club credit here, they are good. But... You notice the parent behavior on the sidelines and it's comical. Now yes many teams have parents like this, but yellowjackets undoubtedly has a very high percentage of the parents compared. Then comes the casual girl's lacrosse discussions you get into with people, and again there is a certain distain for all other clubs that is wide spread with so many of these parents and players too. Then lastly, with the one year anniversary of Back of the Cage, I've spent time on the threads for the last year. Here it is in black and white on display for all to see. Go on the yellow jacket thread or any other clubs thread and there will be yellowjacket parents bashing everybody and telling you how much better their club is than yours. Good for them, I guess. So, as I said, I now concede to the whispers. The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard