BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team LI also in the mix. Should be fun.

Not even close to same level!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats great love to watch some games. what time are the games and where? playing at Mitchell or Kellenberg

mitchell starting at 10

So how did the games go? Any one team dominate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would Team LI stop shooting their mouths off that 91 dodged them last year. Seriously you're embarrassing yourselves. 91 has their tournaments on the website early enough and did most of the same tournaments as the year before. So come and join them.
What changed? Team LI decided to go U. The industry is going grade based if you haven't noticed. Stop crying that everyone is cheating already. 91 played bigger (older) grade based teams and didn't cry about it, even after losing one of them. It's all about good lacrosse, win or lose.
91 played the best teams in the country last year at various tournaments. Played Express 3 or 4 times, who handily beat Team LI in the winter. Why would 91 be dodging you????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would Team LI stop shooting their mouths off that 91 dodged them last year. Seriously you're embarrassing yourselves. 91 has their tournaments on the website early enough and did most of the same tournaments as the year before. So come and join them.
What changed? Team LI decided to go U. The industry is going grade based if you haven't noticed. Stop crying that everyone is cheating already. 91 played bigger (older) grade based teams and didn't cry about it, even after losing one of them. It's all about good lacrosse, win or lose.
91 played the best teams in the country last year at various tournaments. Played Express 3 or 4 times, who handily beat Team LI in the winter. Why would 91 be dodging you????

Ok. Who cares?
How did the games go yesterday? That was a good group of teams. Son not on any of those teams. Just wondering how they went? No negativity here, just the father of a 2018 with general lacrosse interest. Thx.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Who cares?
How did the games go yesterday? That was a good group of teams. Son not on any of those teams. Just wondering how they went? No negativity here, just the father of a 2018 with general lacrosse interest. Thx.

Watched the game between 2018 91 and Express Terps. I believe the score was 5 or 6 to 2 in favor of 91. Goals scored by 91 were 3 from Cuttin 1 Banford and 1 Caputo that I saw. Could have been more But didnt see them goals scored by Terps were in 2nd half. 91 was a bit bigger and stronger. Skills set of both these teams is amazing to watch. My son does not play for either of these programs but wanted to see the best play. Great game by both teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
365 8-6 over terps , TLI 13-3 over terps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
365 8-6 over terps , TLI 13-3 over terps.

Team LI played? What happened to Dukes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 went 3 and 0 beat TERPS 6 2, 365 8 3 and dukes 10 5. Great completion and great day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Team LI an U-15 Team with ninth graders on it ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are a u - 14 team. They have 3 or 4) young 9th graders that would be in 8th grade if their parents held them back like most of the other kids who are playing on the 2018 teams. The age breakdown is the same. In other words it's a fair fight!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if that was a mixed team for the Terps? Looked to have some smaller kids on the team. I know some of the regulars were there, while I noticed at least one pole missing from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are a u - 14 team. They have 3 or 4) young 9th graders that would be in 8th grade if their parents held them back like most of the other kids who are playing on the 2018 teams. The age breakdown is the same. In other words it's a fair fight!

Oh. They would be 8th graders "if" they were held back. So they are actually HS kids playing against 8th graders. That clears things up. You play up to the grade of oldest player. u14? I've never seen a u 14 bracket in a tournent. Our 2018 went from u13 right to u15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps got beat in every game...My son is on the team and the boys (mine included) didn't play well. Sloppy and slow. Some days the ball doesnt bounce your way.

Lost to 91, dukes, 365 and Team li. First time in our 4 years to have lost 4 in a row...

Boys never quit so so that sloppy play will be a lesson to them.

Great competition and importantly, all parents and kids were well behaved...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were born after August 31st, 1999. That is US Lacrosse's definition for U14. If understanding this concept is really that difficult, I suggest that you invest in tutors for your son. US Lacrosse wants age based, not grade based play. Red-shirt Kindergarten, 8th grade I in Public School, Eighth grade II in Catholic school. 2016 becomes 2018. Don't wine about getting beaten by kids the same age or younger just because their parents follow NYS educational guidelines instead of making up their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh. They would be 8th graders "if" they were held back. So they are actually HS kids playing against 8th graders. That clears things up. You play up to the grade of oldest player. u14? I've never seen a u 14 bracket in a tournent. Our 2018 went from u13 right to u15

So where are your 8th graders playing this year ?? They don't qualify for u13?? Oh ,guess that would be u15 then.

Check your website were every kid is listed as u14 eligible. Assuming this is a 91 parent who is the only team that doesn't understand, what the [lacrosse] does the grade matter if the kids are the same age. Does taking algebra help their lax game ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team made up of players born on or after 9/1/99. The U-15 team is made up of players born on or after 9/1/98. Both teams play U-15 because there are no U-14 bracket. U-14 team will play U-15 for 2 years then move to U-17. System keeps the teams together year to year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 5 8th graders on the u15 team. I know one of the players. The rest are in 9th grade. Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok let me get this straight, you are complaining that you have to play kids that are the SAME age as kids on your team? Are you upset that you may not get the full advantage for your son you thought you would have had by holing him back? FYI if you didn't hold him back he would be playing in High School too genius! But that is ok because you say so? comical. Just for fun, go ask the parents of the 2018 Elite teams how many kids they have that were born in 1999. Then go look at the Dukes roster and all the Maryland teams then tell me how unfair TLI is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you are right an that's why last year TLI played in the 2017 bracket in the grade level tournaments and the U-13 in the others. It is a shame they weren't allowed in the 2018 (because the kids are the same AGE) because it would have made for better competition for all the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 5 8th graders on the u15 team. I know one of the players. The rest are in 9th grade. Fact!

I think you have this backwards , unless your talking about a different team, team Long Island u14 whites has about 4 or 5 9th graders on the team , the rest are 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps got beat in every game...My son is on the team and the boys (mine included) didn't play well. Sloppy and slow. Some days the ball doesnt bounce your way.

Lost to 91, dukes, 365 and Team li. First time in our 4 years to have lost 4 in a row...

Boys never quit so so that sloppy play will be a lesson to them.

Great competition and importantly, all parents and kids were well behaved...

Channy will get them playing well, overall good team and a great coach. Just a few fall ball games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is very repetitive but always entertaining

Rules governing US Lacrosse - U-14 does not exist but often U-15B is assumed to be U-14

Age based event - grade does not matter and team is placed based on age of oldest player

Grade based event - grade does not matter team is placed based on highest grade of its players

Informal playday - coaches have evaluated each other's squads and agree that the scrimmaging is in the best interest of the participants of both teams (perhaps with knowledge of each other's irregular roster players)

In all events tournament directors have accountability to enforce rules and allowance to slightly bend them. Within reason this happens everywhere (especially Maryland - LOL) - once a tournament director decides it is okay for a given team to play in a given bracket, that team is no longer playing down regardless of what the bracket is called.

Alternatively, if a club or parent were to misrepresent the age and/or grade of their players and work outside the rules, they are creating an unsafe playing field and opening themselves up to accuastions of fraud and in the extreme reckless endangerment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if that was a mixed team for the Terps? Looked to have some smaller kids on the team. I know some of the regulars were there, while I noticed at least one pole missing from last year.

Not a mixed team two or three players on Terps are very small. Very skilled but their lack of size right now is hurting them. Watched the 91 and Terp 2018 game and both teams also have some very big boys for their age group. I know two players who are 2018 on 91 because my son is friends with both of them and they are easily over 6 foot and two attack for the Terps are very small so it looked really like the size diference was even greater when they were playing at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rules governing US Lacrosse - U-14 does not exist but often U-15B is assumed to be U-14

Age based event - grade does not matter and team is placed based on age of oldest player

Grade based event - grade does not matter team is placed based on highest grade of its players

Informal playday - coaches have evaluated each other's squads and agree that the scrimmaging is in the best interest of the participants of both teams (perhaps with knowledge of each other's irregular roster players)

In all events tournament directors have accountability to enforce rules and allowance to slightly bend them. Within reason this happens everywhere (especially Maryland - LOL) - once a tournament director decides it is okay for a given team to play in a given bracket, that team is no longer playing down regardless of what the bracket is called.

Alternatively, if a club or parent were to misrepresent the age and/or grade of their players and work outside the rules, they are creating an unsafe playing field and opening themselves up to accuastions of fraud and in the extreme reckless endangerment

...In all events tournament directors have accountability to enforce rules and allowance to slightly bend them. Within reason this happens everywhere (especially Maryland - LOL) - once a tournament director decides it is okay for a given team to play in a given bracket, that team is no longer playing down regardless of what the bracket is called.

I ma not sure about that one. Who is ensuring the tournament. They are the ones who have made the parameters. and those parameters are not to be bent or discretionary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our team is mostly born in 2000 and we play as 2018, under your logic we should be entering them in girls 2019 tournaments because if we held him back like they do in Maryland and they didn't have testicles they would be a 2019 girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age versus grade discussion was a big topic at Kellenberg yesterday - here are a few thoughts:

1. 2018 LI club teams are basically grade based. TLI has a handful of 9th graders, but they are young ninth graders. Express apparently has a couple of ninth graders too. Whether they do or don't isn't my point - my point is that when 91/TLI/Express play, kids are basically the same age; the disputes can be measured in months and whether someone stayed back by a month or two. It's one of the best things about LI lax - it is a pretty fair playing field on the issue of age.

2. The rest of the lax world - Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston to name three spots - is also grade based, but many of those kids go to private schools and stay back a year or start formal schooling later. Anyone who watched the 8th grade Dukes team play any of the other teams yesterday could have seen this. Apparently there are four 1998 birthdate 8th graders on that team. They were very mature and much larger than Express, 91 or Superstar - it was really obvious.

3. US Lacrosse may want age based lacrosse, but the world is going grade based. College coaches don't care how old you are - they care what grade you're in.

4. So what does it mean? Well, if you play for a LI club team, be prepared to be playing against older kids when you leave the island. The age discrepancies between the big LI clubs are way less than they are between LI clubs and those of other metropolitan areas. When LI clubs play against Dukes, Crabs and Laxachusetts they are playing against older kids, and it's only going to get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best sum up of the age vs grade based debate yet. Well put

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? as who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? as who?

How did they do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? as who?

How did they do?

They beat the Terps (2018) 13-3 so I think that qualifies them to being " close to the same level".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age versus grade discussion was a big topic at Kellenberg yesterday - here are a few thoughts:

1. 2018 LI club teams are basically grade based. TLI has a handful of 9th graders, but they are young ninth graders. Express apparently has a couple of ninth graders too. Whether they do or don't isn't my point - my point is that when 91/TLI/Express play, kids are basically the same age; the disputes can be measured in months and whether someone stayed back by a month or two. It's one of the best things about LI lax - it is a pretty fair playing field on the issue of age.

2. The rest of the lax world - Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston to name three spots - is also grade based, but many of those kids go to private schools and stay back a year or start formal schooling later. Anyone who watched the 8th grade Dukes team play any of the other teams yesterday could have seen this. Apparently there are four 1998 birthdate 8th graders on that team. They were very mature and much larger than Express, 91 or Superstar - it was really obvious.

3. US Lacrosse may want age based lacrosse, but the world is going grade based. College coaches don't care how old you are - they care what grade you're in.

4. So what does it mean? Well, if you play for a LI club team, be prepared to be playing against older kids when you leave the island. The age discrepancies between the big LI clubs are way less than they are between LI clubs and those of other metropolitan areas. When LI clubs play against Dukes, Crabs and Laxachusetts they are playing against older kids, and it's only going to get worse.

It will only get worse until lacrosse goes strictly by birthdate. Then, it will get much much better. Other sports are strictly age based, and it works just fine. My son will be out of this ridiculous system by then, but it would be great to see the reaction from that crop of hold-back parents ... "it's not fair". Whaaaaaah.

Picture if "age only" restrictions materialized tomorrow, with no grandfathering. Where would the 1998 and early-1999 birthdate hold-back 2018/8th graders be able to play? They would be off any current 2018 team for sure, and the 1998s may not even qualify for a 2017 team. How would these "superstar" 8th graders fare against HS Freshmen? Against Sophomores?

Also, by the time these "standouts" are HS juniors (and playing varsity lacrosse), they would not qualify for any age based club team. There would be no home for the 19 year old junior in "youth" summer lacrosse. They would effectively be playing ball for the high school in their junior and senior years, and nowhere else. And maybe not even there -- although I don't see high schools going to strictly age based, but who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring 2021 will be the College Junior Season for our 2018s. Age appropriate boys will be 20-21 years old at that point.

The ACC rosters will be full of 24-25 year olds. The kindergarten redshirts, 8th grade reclassifiers, post graduate prep schoolers will all be collegiate redshirters too. ACC teams will be full of these underachievers who used the physical benefits of going to school late as their sole advantage. The ACC squads (and some select others) will stink.

My boy and yours will be at a "Lower Tier" D1 school in the 3rd of his four years in college (no redshirt for us). He will work hard on the field and off as he always has and he play with fire in his belly. He will win a national championship AND earn a degree in four years AND be ready to face the real world by the time he turns 22!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Nostradamus has spoken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? as who?

How did they do?

They beat the Terps (2018) 13-3 so I think that qualifies them to being " close to the same level".

They only played one game? Is the Blue or White U14 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to make excuses for the terps poor play, but when they played Team LI, it was their fourth game of the day and tha one was on no rest. So they played, 91 at 10, dukes at 12, 365 at 2 and then team LI at 3pm

team LI didnt play any other games and all other terp games were at least games.

Nothing taken away from team LI, they are a good solid team and can compete with anyone, but dont let the 13-3 score go to your heads...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This from a "man" whining that his son is playing kids with more advanced algebra skills? I suggest that you check the contents of your own panties and stay out of our kids locker room.

Our team is mostly born in 2000 and we play as 2018, under your logic we should be entering them in girls 2019 tournaments because if we held him back like they do in Maryland and they didn't have testicles they would be a 2019 girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has clearly led by non-example and has not attempted to enforce their own rules and are being led around by the clubs. It is a shame considering ALL of the travel players are members of US Lacrosse but they do nothing to protect the membership. The tail is wagging the dog here. Not sure what the issue is and I have written US Lacrosse to no avail. It is simple for US Lacrosse, do not issue insurance if you do not comply..simple the end. Maybe having the headquarters in Baltimore where much of the age "discrepancies" originate is the issue...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to make excuses for the terps poor play, but when they played Team LI, it was their fourth game of the day and tha one was on no rest. So they played, 91 at 10, dukes at 12, 365 at 2 and then team LI at 3pm

team LI didnt play any other games and all other terp games were at least games.

Nothing taken away from team LI, they are a good solid team and can compete with anyone, but dont let the 13-3 score go to your heads...

If they have 9th graders on team, and are as competitive as you say, and it appears, they should play 2017. They shouldn't be playing 2018 teams or 8th grade brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all they do play 2017, it depends on the tournament guidelines, if its grade based they play 2017, if its age based its 2018. Also Team LI played a game before the 2018 express game they played the 2017 express team, it was 3-2 at half and express won 8-3. No one on Team LI is letting anything go to there head, so i am not sure what that comment meant. I think a lot of teams that play in the fall are just getting used to the new players and coaches. I would not hold to much stock in these games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have 8th graders on your team, who are only 8th graders because they were held back, and are competitive as you think, you should play 2017 with other kids the same age. Same old story, wah, wah, wah. Why don't you follow the lead of your team's coaches and directors. They know the make-up of the other major teams and have no problem playing against eachother.

If they have 9th graders on team, and are as competitive as you say, and it appears, they should play 2017. They shouldn't be playing 2018 teams or 8th grade brackets.

Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard