BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 87 of 220 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So how did the national champs do this past weekend with out the help from their 2015 superstars ?

Well, considering that it was a showcase tournament and no scores were kept, they did pretty good, B.S. Was working overtime distributing the emails from the college coaches that liked what they saw...

If you are referring to the YJ game, I am actually a bit disappointed in both club directors for playing that game to win as it cost a few girls on each team playing time and exposure.

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that away from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

Actually your 2016 team is 0-4 against this 2016 YJ team, 0-1 maybe just lucky, 0-2 maybe just very lucky, 0-3 clearly the better team winning, 0-4 starts to show dominance, winning the U15 championship with different players shows just how much those 2015 kids helped or refer back to 0-1 and maybe they just got lucky. Watched both your YJ game and your Skywalkers debacle.

Please explain how a "showcase" game can ever be a debacle... were us parents keeping score?? yes. were Carol and Shannon? Yes. were the 10 or 20 college coaches? I doubt it.
At this point in my daughters TG career I dont care if they ever win against YJ, Sky walkers, M&D or any other club... because I'm more interested in the college coaches she has emailed prior to the game on the sidelines watching her play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the national champs do this past weekend with out the help from their 2015 superstars ?

Well, considering that it was a showcase tournament and no scores were kept, they did pretty good, B.S. Was working overtime distributing the emails from the college coaches that liked what they saw...

If you are referring to the YJ game, I am actually a bit disappointed in both club directors for playing that game to win as it cost a few girls on each team playing time and exposure.

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that away from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

Actually your 2016 team is 0-4 against this 2016 YJ team, 0-1 maybe just lucky, 0-2 maybe just very lucky, 0-3 clearly the better team winning, 0-4 starts to show dominance, winning the U15 championship with different players shows just how much those 2015 kids helped or refer back to 0-1 and maybe they just got lucky. Watched both your YJ game and your Skywalkers debacle.

We Are up by 2 "it's a SHOWCASE" so lets go into a stall for the last 4 minutes so we can win. Mean while College Coaches pack up and walk away when the stall starts that helps ALL the players out.

Or you could just do what TG did and pull your goalie out of the crease in desperation and play dirty w a couple yellow and red cards late in the game. If they went to goal and scored on an empty net you would be on here saying that is poor sportsmanship.Stalling is part of the game and actually does show college coaches things they do not always get to see.Neither team looked great but I believe that was the 8 game of the weekend for both teams and they seemed to be running on fumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my! You really need to start caring about things in life that really matter. It's the season to be thankful for the gifts in our lives. One day these girls may be playing for the same college team. I certainly hope that you if they are fortunate enough to be able to keep playing lacrosse that they can learn to get along as teammates. I certainly hope your daughter doesn't hear all your negativity. TG Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that aiway from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

Nobody cares but the few psycho parents on each team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time lurker of BOC, first time poster. With regard to this last weekend's showcases. (This is a little off topic and sorry if I am highjacking the thread) I have to say, this Summer/Fall has been quite a learning experience for me as a parent.

I learned that tourney registrations and scheduling is NOT based on merit. Some clubs don't have to have an army of parents manning the registration pages when it opens and then closes in less than 5 minutes. I noticed that the same "A" level teams played each other both on Sat and Sun. One team was "frozen out". It's really been bugging me because this Summer and Fall is important for the 16's. This last weekend, they played and crushed one minor "A" team as well as several "B" level teams....in front of no college coaches. It's rigged! It's all about the "Brand" and making money.

My daughter's team has not lost to the "vaunted" Skywalkers Blue since they were in 6th grade. Haven't lost to TG's since 6th grade. In addition, until this last weekend, they were the only team to have beaten M&D 16 Black more than once....(I believe it's 4 times now). Congrats to the Defoe BTW, Our girls were hoping for another opportunity to play the YJ's and the TG's but were denied that opportunity.

It's just deflating to see that worthy teams are prevented from playing meaningfull games against strong opponants in front of collegiate recruiters.

Sorry for the rant. Im just sick and tired of the blatant "backdoor" manipulation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time lurker of BOC, first time poster. With regard to this last weekend's showcases. (This is a little off topic and sorry if I am highjacking the thread) I have to say, this Summer/Fall has been quite a learning experience for me as a parent.

I learned that tourney registrations and scheduling is NOT based on merit. Some clubs don't have to have an army of parents manning the registration pages when it opens and then closes in less than 5 minutes. I noticed that the same "A" level teams played each other both on Sat and Sun. One team was "frozen out". It's really been bugging me because this Summer and Fall is important for the 16's. This last weekend, they played and crushed one minor "A" team as well as several "B" level teams....in front of no college coaches. It's rigged! It's all about the "Brand" and making money.

My daughter's team has not lost to the "vaunted" Skywalkers Blue since they were in 6th grade. Haven't lost to TG's since 6th grade. In addition, until this last weekend, they were the only team to have beaten M&D 16 Black more than once....(I believe it's 4 times now). Congrats to the Defoe BTW, Our girls were hoping for another opportunity to play the YJ's and the TG's but were denied that opportunity.

It's just deflating to see that worthy teams are prevented from playing meaningfull games against strong opponants in front of collegiate recruiters.

Sorry for the rant. Im just sick and tired of the blatant "backdoor" manipulation.
What team does your daughter play for????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The club name doesn't necessarily matter. (I'm sure someone will figure it out). The point is that there are a few teams that are consistantly denied opportunity not because they are not worthy but because they are not from "branded" clubs that have carefully cultivated reps.

Again, the point is, some club OWNERS cultivate sexy brands and shout their own praises from the roof tops. They consistantly, approach tourney schedulers for favor in registering and scheduling. This means that registration and scheduling is not about merit but about brand recognition....MONEY. In turn, those teams (girls) who have EARNED merit from their play on the field but are from a less sexy brand get pushed aside come recruiting time. The whole process is somewhat of a joke at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It might be me, but this message is very cryptic. I don't know which team you belong to, and I can't figure out your issue. It would be easier for the rest of us if you would just be open and say so.
If your 2016 team has consistently beaten TG black, YJ Defo, sky walkers Blue and M&D black....I certainly don't know who you are.

It might be time to go to a different tryout....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The club name doesn't necessarily matter. (I'm sure someone will figure it out). The point is that there are a few teams that are consistantly denied opportunity not because they are not worthy but because they are not from "branded" clubs that have carefully cultivated reps.

Again, the point is, some club OWNERS cultivate sexy brands and shout their own praises from the roof tops. They consistantly, approach tourney schedulers for favor in registering and scheduling. This means that registration and scheduling is not about merit but about brand recognition....MONEY. In turn, those teams (girls) who have EARNED merit from their play on the field but are from a less sexy brand get pushed aside come recruiting time. The whole process is somewhat of a joke at this point.

you complain about not getting respect and recognition You lament about being wallowed in the shadows of the "sexier brands", while having the ability to easily dispatch some of the primer clubs in the country. But when asked a simple question that could bring your daughter and her entire club into the light you deny us the chance to know who this powerhouse is. I beg you to enlighten us as to who you are so all us lesser clubs can pressure the tournament organizers to never allow our lowly daughters to face such a fearsome foe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk All Star 2016 is a really good team! Hope they get love at these tournies!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your daughter plays on the best team in the nation, that wins every tournament , but nobody knows about. Then the organization you belong to is failing its players. I have gone to many tournaments with teams slapped together from girls from odd clubs and they do extremely well, but is of little use, the idea is you want to be involved in that brand recognition as it carries weight. That means being part of a club that is strong in all age groups, not just one team in one age group. But there is a place for everyone and if your happy were you are, good for you. But it sounds like your not happy or you would not be on here complaint about your over sighted club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team does your daughter play for????

Gotta be Hero's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It might be me, but this message is very cryptic. I don't know which team you belong to, and I can't figure out your issue. It would be easier for the rest of us if you would just be open and say so.
If your 2016 team has consistently beaten TG black, YJ Defo, sky walkers Blue and M&D black....I certainly don't know who you are.

It might be time to go to a different tryout....

The team is heroes and they have never beaten YJ Defo. Funny thing is the top teams which they are one go to the same tournaments almost every year, if you want to play them go to those championship tournaments they go to and win. Have seen them play and are a good team but have not had much success playing YJ or playing on tournaments that YJ are in. That being said these are still fall tournaments so you cannot take too much from a team perspective out of them , go to national draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey whats with the LacroSSe3 camps run by SS at Hofstra? Cant she use the TG name or is this to work the Hofstra system?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hey whats with the LacroSSe3 camps run by SS at Hofstra? Cant she use the TG name or is this to work the Hofstra system?

As explained somewhere else on the is board, maybe even in this thread, Lacro$$e by 3 is a Hofstra thing. Top Guns has their own camps under their banner. Two separate entities although SS is involved in both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll be the first guy to tell you that the YJ team is really good, no one can take that aiway from you..we've played 4 games now each one decided by a 2 goal margin. You have the 3-1 game advantage but the one game we won.....National Championship.. Just sayin,

2016 YJ team is pretty quiet so I would be hard pressed to call any of them psycho parents but I'm sure TG would disagree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Rosters?

Maybe they're not posting rosters anymore. I wouldn't if I ran a club. I don't see any benefit for the club directors. Just headaches, and gossip!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2016 YJ team is pretty quiet so I would be hard pressed to call any of them psycho parents but I'm sure TG would disagree

First, refresh my memory, where did TG lose to YJ 4 times? I recall last year losing by 1 in maryland, losing by 2 at Nat. Draw in semi's, winning by 2 in Fla at Nat. Championship, losing by 2 last Saturday at Navy.

none of those games was a debacle, each team played well and either team could have won.

As I said above your team is really good, some of the best at their age, and a solid coach who def. knows his stuff.

I hope we play at every tournament these last 2 years, regardless of the score, I guarantee an exciting game. who cares who wins and by how much... (Oh yeah us parents lol)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, refresh my memory, where did TG lose to YJ 4 times? I recall last year losing by 1 in maryland, losing by 2 at Nat. Draw in semi's, winning by 2 in Fla at Nat. Championship, losing by 2 last Saturday at Navy.

none of those games was a debacle, each team played well and either team could have won.

As I said above your team is really good, some of the best at their age, and a solid coach who def. knows his stuff.

I hope we play at every tournament these last 2 years, regardless of the score, I guarantee an exciting game. who cares who wins and by how much... (Oh yeah us parents lol)

Seriously ,your 2016 TG team has never beaten YJ 2016 ,keep calling your U15 national championship a 2016 win all you want but its not( by the way congrats on that championship).The teams had played previously at the YJ tourney at Mitchel field when Shannon actually sent some teams there. Actually thought your skywalkers game was a debacle , thought you guys played terribly .I agree they should play each other at every tournament and really enjoy when its the last game of the day for both , funny even when its a showcase both teams go all out to win, I don't remember a team pulling the goalie out of the crease in a showcase game that no official score was kept at. Makes it fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually your 2016 team is 0-4 against this 2016 YJ team, 0-1 maybe just lucky, 0-2 maybe just very lucky, 0-3 clearly the better team winning, 0-4 starts to show dominance, winning the U15 championship with different players shows just how much those 2015 kids helped or refer back to 0-1 and maybe they just got lucky. Watched both your YJ game and your Skywalkers debacle. [/quote]

Nobody cares but the few psycho parents on each team! [/quote]

2016 YJ team is pretty quiet so I would be hard pressed to call any of them psycho parents but I'm sure TG would disagree [/quote]

[/quote]

Seriously ,your 2016 TG team has never beaten YJ 2016 ,keep calling your U15 national championship a 2016 win all you want but its not( by the way congrats on that championship).The teams had played previously at the YJ tourney at Mitchel field when Shannon actually sent some teams there. Actually thought your skywalkers game was a debacle , thought you guys played terribly .I agree they should play each other at every tournament and really enjoy when its the last game of the day for both , funny even when its a showcase both teams go all out to win, I don't remember a team pulling the goalie out of the crease in a showcase game that no official score was kept at. Makes it fun. [/quote]

The mitchell field game was before my time then,, at least 4 seasons ago,

Ok, I'll bite. didn't your U15 Florida team have at least 1 2015 girl on it? played Defense? I'm sure you would have brought more if you could, right. Your 2016 Goalie is age eligible to play this year again, is she gonna go?? i bet she does. ( I think she should by the way)

I don't think the goalie would have left the crease to help double the ball if the the 4 corners/stall hadn't happened { in a showcase, no score kept smile }

see you at the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the 2016 team also lose to the Suffolk Allstar team at the Hofstra lacrosse by 3 tournament this past summer. Any given day...great to see so many teams/ options for these girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Psycho = Someone who doesn't have a daughter on either team, but is soooooo concerned that YJ is better than TG. Have a life much. Great girls on both teams. Why the hate, did your daughter get cut from TG? Funny how the girls from both teams don't really have a problem with one another (and are even friends), but psycho parents like the one above, can hold so much hate...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the 2016 team also lose to the Suffolk Allstar team at the Hofstra lacrosse by 3 tournament this past summer. Any given day...great to see so many teams/ options for these girls

Suffolk Allstars happen to be a very good team and an excellent program, parents can be jackhammers, but thats true with every team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk Allstars happen to be a very good team and an excellent program, parents can be jackhammers, but thats true with every team

Good team?? Maybe. Excellent program?? No way! They folded up their tent this year and went to Team 91... Yet to be seen if that was a wise move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good team?? Maybe. Excellent program?? No way! They folded up their tent this year and went to Team 91... Yet to be seen if that was a wise move.

I've seen the 91 thing first hand. You just get a uniform, you get to pay 91 Fee's (which i'm sure are different from Allstar Fee's), and It will be all the same girls. Why would they pay more money for the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by your TG daddy coach at T3 tournent this weekend. Hey Bill it's about time to reign in your TG daddy coach wannabes. They are 12 year olds playing in a fall league , calm down and realize you owe the kids on your team an apology . Keep up the good work your TG reputation is getting better and better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to hand it to Shannon, she can get a ham sandwich committed, Shes like a magician

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Happened At The T3 Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by your TG daddy coach at T3 tournent this weekend. Hey Bill it's about time to reign in your TG daddy coach wannabes. They are 12 year olds playing in a fall league , calm down and realize you owe the kids on your team an apology . Keep up the good work your TG reputation is getting better and better.

You're a simple-minded dope, with too much time on your hands...Bill is not responsible for the actions of every parent who has a kid playing in the TG organization. Every organization has crazy Dad's, AND Mom's...TG is doing just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to hand it to Shannon, she can get a ham sandwich committed, Shes like a magician

what are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People stay off the crack before you go on a forum. Your psycho infatuation with Bill Smith is disturbing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what are you talking about?

I guess your Daughter has not committed yet but someone else has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nice job by your TG daddy coach at T3 tournent this weekend. Hey Bill it's about time to reign in your TG daddy coach wannabes. They are 12 year olds playing in a fall league , calm down and realize you owe the kids on your team an apology . Keep up the good work your TG reputation is getting better and better.

Good job but not as good as the Mommy that coached the 2020 YJ big $$$ to have a parent coach. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People stay off the crack before you go on a forum. Your psycho infatuation with Bill Smith is disturbing.

Are you talking about these people who keep bringing up the TG psycho daddy crap? Are you saying they're the ones on crack? If so, I agree...it got old last summer, and I don't think anyone with TG really cares, or listens anymore. Just the outsiders, who come here to cause trouble, and get all worked up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a simple-minded dope, with too much time on your hands...Bill is not responsible for the actions of every parent who has a kid playing in the TG organization. Every organization has crazy Dad's, AND Mom's...TG is doing just fine.

The big difference is that BS and SS allow the TG Daddy's to coach in the fall. They hand select the girls. They then play only their kids and enter into tournaments to pump up themselves and their egos. They embarrass the program with each appearance. This is so like the YJ friends and family plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they are paying 91 fees! It appears 91 brought this team over to give their girls program some credibility so they can make more money later!!!

I've seen the 91 thing first hand. You just get a uniform, you get to pay 91 Fee's (which i'm sure are different from Allstar Fee's), and It will be all the same girls. Why would they pay more money for the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big difference is that BS and SS allow the TG Daddy's to coach in the fall. They hand select the girls. They then play only their kids and enter into tournaments to pump up themselves and their egos. They embarrass the program with each appearance. This is so like the YJ friends and family plan.

Ok, then be happy where you are, and move on. Why are you soooo infatuated with the TG program, BS, SS, and these "TG Daddys", as you childishly call them? Do you have a life outside of stalking TG's? Get over it. You must (I hope for your daughter's sake), have something better to spend your time and energy on....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nice job by your TG daddy coach at T3 tournent this weekend. Hey Bill it's about time to reign in your TG daddy coach wannabes. They are 12 year olds playing in a fall league , calm down and realize you owe the kids on your team an apology . Keep up the good work your TG reputation is getting better and better.

Good job but not as good as the Mommy that coached the 2020 YJ big $$$ to have a parent coach. LOL

Lets compare coaches, TG psycho daddy has no real coaching experience, ran onto field to prove psycho status arguing w refs when game was over, runs isolation plays over and over for his daughter
YJ mommy coach, has years of experience coaching girls lacrosse as the varsity coach for Huntington High School, daughter plays defense, shows the girls to respect the refs and realizes its just 11 year olds playing fall ball

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 220 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard