BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Commitment - How Much Athletic Money are Girls Really Getting?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the ones getting so heated are the program directors are worried the general populace finally see the EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES.

Track and field another equivalency scholarship netted my D friend young man was a NYS record holder for sprint, currently Div 1 sprinter, heavily recruited, a grand total of 7k a year. 5 am lifts, two a day practices, is a lot of work for 7K a year.

Carry on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always considered a "full ride" what I received years ago for a different sport. 100% tuition, 100% room and board, and a check to pay for your books each semester.

That is a full athletic scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the Scared Heart case study with some potentially trading down academically for the best possible financial package of athletic and academic monies. At the end of the day although a wonderful 4 years was it penny wise and pound foolish? Are you better taking that .25 at Duke which will open doors for you the rest of your life or that bundled full ride to a lesser institution? Based on families needs and wants you could go both ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not really, but there is no need to try to convince you that there might be more funds available to your daughter than you might think. As long as you are happy with what you get and if Cage or anyone else says you should be happy with 25% or less than be my guest. I am sure the coaches will be very happy to give the money to someone else. Good luck! lol For the guy who got his daughter 70%, great job (i'm being serious). Your daughter will thank u in 4 years for making a rational decision!
When we are quoting 0.25 athletic scholarships, we have been clear that these are solid offers and present the average case.

The problem with too many of these posts is that an individual will post "I know several players that received 0.75" when in fact it might only be one or two such exceptional cases.

Then, our readers take that information and synthesize it to mean "everyone is getting 0.75" - I have no worries about financing college now.

BOTC is about education - not pointing out the extreme cases as being what the average family/student-athlete can expect. Doing anything else is a disservice to the lacrosse community.

The other portion of the discussion is the fact that an athletic scholarship can disappear within a season for injury or performance reasons which are both less likely to impact an academic scholarship.

We are trying to be the voice of reason in this discussion.

Understood, but there is a flip side to that as well. If your readers are going into a negotiation thinking that it is impossible to get more then a sub 50% athletic offer, than they will start their negotiations way lower than they may have to. My only point for posting at all is that when I was starting to research most of the people told me the same thing (25% is a solid offer). I had one person who went through the process a couple of times tell me that based on talent there can be much more available and don't be afraid to ask for it. I am happy he did because there were much higher offers available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As expected this discussion is way out of control for no reason. Scholarships as previously stated come in many forms and combinations. I can say that the majority are either partial athletic only or a combination of athletic and academic. With that said there are usually one to two FULL ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP kids PER TEAM...not per year. That means out of the 12 allotted per the NCAA teams will split up 8-10 of them among the rest of the team. Yes this includes the elite teams. Anyone saying full scholarship offers (incl. room and board) are not given are misinformed. Obviously they are not as common as partial but they are given. CAN WE CLOSE THIS DISCUSSION AS IT HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH WITH MISINFORMATION.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the Scared Heart case study with some potentially trading down academically for the best possible financial package of athletic and academic monies. At the end of the day although a wonderful 4 years was it penny wise and pound foolish? Are you better taking that .25 at Duke which will open doors for you the rest of your life or that bundled full ride to a lesser institution? Based on families needs and wants you could go both ways.

Smart post, a serious dilemma!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok because you negotiated every kids scholarship? moron!

No idiot! You are saying there are NO full scholarships and I am saying your wrong. I negotiated my daughters and it is a full scholarship. Why so hard for you to follow. Apparently either your princess isn't that good or you should have went to that business class in college instead of the bong room and white castle afterwards.

I guess she's going to Hoftsra? Great job! Weird that you're so angry about it.

Is this President Obama? You sound just like him stating things you have no clue about as fact. And so matter-of-factly. What an A Hole. Keep 'em coming though cause you are entertaining...in a sad way but entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop making blanket statements!!! Every situation is different and every program has their own philosophy. Some "Big Time" top 20 schools like to spread the money around (give 25 -60%) and get more kids that are very good and have a chance to be starters. Some of the "Big Time" top 10 schools like to identify 2-4 girls they feel are "can't miss" impact players that they offer 75% plus to. YES some FULL RIDES (athletic, including room, board and books))!!! They are able to do this because they will get Very good players to go there for little or no money, because they are happy to get into a great college and have a chance to win a national championship. (who knows, they may get academic or financial money as well.
Please allow BOTC to offer some calculation based on your numbers.

First, let's look at the NCAA scholarship counts. Remember that lacrosse is an equivilency sport which allows for fractionated scholarship offers and that these are measured not in terms of dollars but annual funding of a single spot.

NCAA D1 Sport ...... Men's Women's
Lacrosse ........... 12.6 / 12.0

NCAA D2 Sport ...... Men's Women's
Lacrosse ........... 10.8 / 9.9

For ease of calculations, let's just use a total team scholarship count of 12.0.

Your calculations suggest 25%-60% athletic scholarships are awarded. If the average recruiting class contains 10 student-athletes, that would imply upwards of 2.5 total scholarships to a freshman class. If you assume the midpoint, that would imply 4.25 scholarships which over four class years would come out to 17.0 scholarships exceeding the NCAA limit. Hence, clearly, an average of 0.425 across 10 recruits is too high.

Now, let's go to your 75% estimate for a targeted set of 4 can't-miss recruits. That would come to 3.0 scholarships which multiplied by 4 classes would imply the full allocation of 12.0 awards. Hence, no other entering students would receive money nor would any existing award winner see their award increased. So, clearly four student-athletes getting 0.75 athletic scholarship does not work either.

Hence, we can conclude that both of your sets of numbers are wrong. If that does not convince you, let's try it this way : What very good player will attend an institution for no athletic scholarship in order to allow four other players to harvest the bounty?

BOTC has said the same thing over and over - a 0.25 offer is a solid freshman offer on average. If you work the numbers from a 0.25 base, you will start to understand why that award becomes the standard.

Cage
If u look closer at my post I wrote that some kids don't receive anything or will get academic or financial money. When I say 25-60 % there may only be one recruit a year who gets 60% or maybe in some cases none, but if they really value you they will go to that level. And for the other scenario I wrote 2-4. Some years may be 2 which might only eat up 1.5 scholarships then the other 10 will get 0 - 25% . Again many will get just academic money much like the schools who are not fully funded. It may change year to year based on how good they think the recruit is. I have asked the questions and sat in front of many of the schools you are referring to. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say a 25% scholarship is not good. I am just saying that there may be more out there to get with some schools because their strategy is different.

You are RIGHT ON with your reply and that is exactly how it works. We have sat in most of the schools coaches offices last year and you are correct in your analysis. Also to respond to the poster calling everyone a moron...our daughter received full athletic scholarship offers from mostly all of the schools mentioned except Virginia. Morons in glass houses.....

Sure she did! It's easy to say with no proof. Nobody believes you. If that is true, it is a true exception and your daughter must be a real superstar getting 100% full ride offers including all room , board etc. to Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Princeton, You must be so proud!!!

We are proud. Thanks. I know its hard for under achievers like you to realize there are people who do actually accomplish things through hard work and perseverance. Don't worry though because I am sure your Daughter will overcome any obstacles in her way. Just be sure that's not you. Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really, but there is no need to try to convince you that there might be more funds available to your daughter than you might think. As long as you are happy with what you get and if Cage or anyone else says you should be happy with 25% or less than be my guest. I am sure the coaches will be very happy to give the money to someone else. Good luck! lol For the guy who got his daughter 70%, great job (i'm being serious). Your daughter will thank u in 4 years for making a rational decision!
When we are quoting 0.25 athletic scholarships, we have been clear that these are solid offers and present the average case.

The problem with too many of these posts is that an individual will post "I know several players that received 0.75" when in fact it might only be one or two such exceptional cases.

Then, our readers take that information and synthesize it to mean "everyone is getting 0.75" - I have no worries about financing college now.

BOTC is about education - not pointing out the extreme cases as being what the average family/student-athlete can expect. Doing anything else is a disservice to the lacrosse community.

The other portion of the discussion is the fact that an athletic scholarship can disappear within a season for injury or performance reasons which are both less likely to impact an academic scholarship.

Agreed, I wonder why the posters who claim to have got "full rides" get so angry and defensive, weird!

Wonder why the posters who have not received full ride offers are so angry at those who have. Weird huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, I wonder why the posters who claim to have got "full rides" get so angry and defensive, weird!

Wonder why the posters who have not received full ride offers are so angry at those who have. Weird huh?

If there are only a handful at best of what you call full athletic rides avaiable BOTC should be very proud that the whole handful of you are on here posting. You have us realists waaaaaaaaay out numbered.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are angry that you are distorting the truth about your "full ride" Why don't you come clean and admit that it is to a school not ranked in the top 30 nationally and is split with academic and financial aid. We already established that the best schools don't give athletic money at all and the other top of top NEVER give what you are claiming BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO! STOP YOUR LYING NOBODY BELIEVES YOU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are angry that you are distorting the truth about your "full ride" Why don't you come clean and admit that it is to a school not ranked in the top 30 nationally and is split with academic and financial aid. We already established that the best schools don't give athletic money at all and the other top of top NEVER give what you are claiming BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO! STOP YOUR LYING NOBODY BELIEVES YOU!

I BELEIVE him! Again, Just because your daughter wasn't made that offer doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Why the hate? It is good to know that the offers may be out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post sounds like the angry post!

I don;t know that you have established anything about the "top" programs' scholarship parctices. They may or may not give "full rides." But, as Cage points out, every full or more than 25% scholarship reduces the pool substantially for other girls. So, Cage's math is pretty good for the typical player awarded some scholarship money.

It is also possible that, since many of these girls are bright, they receive academic scholarships and grant and aid. I suspect that their participation in a sport has some influence in the giving of such aid, but no school would ever admit to it.

What does seem to be certain is that "full rides" are the exception rather than the rule for most girls playing either DI or DII lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since I agree with Cage that its about the education here are the top 30 schools by mid career pay. Northwestern and Virginia are ranked in the 800's
Harvey Mudd College $135,000
Caltech $127,000
Navy $122,000
West Point * $120,000
(MIT) $118,000
Babson College $117,000
Stanford University $114,000
Williams College $113,000
Notre Dame $111,000
Harvard University $111,000
Dartmouth College $111,000
Colgate University $111,000
SUNY Maritime College $109,000
Santa Clara University $108,000
Washington and Lee University $108,000
Yale University $105,000
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) $105,000
Columbia University $105,000
Colorado School of Mines $105,000
Swarthmore College $104,000
Vanderbilt University $104,000
Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) $104,000
Loyola University Maryland $104,000
Amherst College $104,000
Source Payscale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA is #109 at $89,000

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude...you need help. I can see why your kid doesn't get the big offers. Parents are part of the package and one look at you scares them away I'm sure. What a tool!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent who refuses to believe there are full rides is probably beating his dog right now while the other parent is laughing all the way to the bank I guess. Have fun paying off those student loans!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn Wharton- $122K
Yes there are successful players at this school enrolled in Wharton...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since I agree with Cage that its about the education here are the top 30 schools by mid career pay. Northwestern and Virginia are ranked in the 800's
Caltech $127,000
Navy $122,000
West Point * $120,000
(MIT) $118,000
Babson College $117,000
Notre Dame $111,000
Yale University $105,000
Amherst College $104,000
Source Payscale

The guy picking up my garbage probably makes 100k, what's the point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude...you need help. I can see why your kid doesn't get the big offers. Parents are part of the package and one look at you scares them away I'm sure. What a tool!!

Actually, my friend, my kid is one of the top ranked players in the country and did get the big offers, unlike your wannabe daughter. I'm just trying to tell it like it is so people can be realistic in there expectations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent who refuses to believe there are full rides is probably beating his dog right now while the other parent is laughing all the way to the bank I guess. Have fun paying off those student loans!!!!!

Sad part is that you just don't get it! It's ok some people are just a little slow. Even after Cage explained to you how it works, for some reason you can't accept the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caltech $127,000
Navy $122,000
West Point * $120,000
(MIT) $118,000
Babson College $117,000
Notre Dame $111,000
Yale University $105,000
Amherst College $104,000
Source Payscale

Most of the schools you mentioned are either

1. Ivy leauge= No athletic money
2. Do not have girls lacrosse
3. D3 schools= No athletic money

Interesting! All these posters claiming they have full rides to the best schools???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupid thing to say!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caltech $127,000
Navy $122,000
West Point * $120,000
(MIT) $118,000
Babson College $117,000
Notre Dame $111,000
Yale University $105,000
Amherst College $104,000
Source Payscale

The guy picking up my garbage probably makes 100k, what's the point?

It is also interesting to point out that some of the top paying jobs come out of military acadamies. Your princess wouldn't even have to worry about getting a scholarship there because everyone gets one! Full ride! In fact, they pay you 50k a year to attend and then give you a job when you graduate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next group with some schools that have taken some shots on here like Wagner and Hofstra but its looks like their education can earn them some cash-
Wake Forest University $103,000
University of California, Berkeley $103,000
Cooper Union $103,000
Claremont McKenna College $102,000
University of Pennsylvania $102,000
Georgia Institute of Technology $102,000
New Mexico Tech $102,000
Clarkson University $102,000
Manhattan College $101,000
Air Force Academy $101,000
Davidson College $99,800
Virginia Military Institute $99,800
(RHIT) $99,800
South Dakota School $99,500
La Salle University (Philadelphia) $99,300
University of Southern California (USC) $98,900
Haverford College $98,700
Massachusetts Maritime Academy $98,100
(CalPoly) $97,900
Bates College $97,500
The College of William and Mary $97,100
Wesleyan University $97,000
University of California $96,700
California College of the Arts $96,700
Lafayette College $96,400
University of Illinois $95,900
Missouri University $95,100
University of the Pacific $94,900
Carleton College $94,800
Case Western Reserve University $94,000
Virginia Tech $93,600
Hampden-Sydney College $93,400
George Washington University (GWU) $93,100
California Tech $93,000
Saint Mary's College of California $93,000
Texas A&M University $92,700
University of Massachusetts ( $92,400
University of San Francisco (USF) $92,400
Wagner College $91,900
Fairfield University $91,600
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) $91,500
University of California, Davis (UC Davis) $91,500
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) $90,800
University of Texas (UT) - Austin $90,800
Occidental College $90,500
Fordham University $90,300
University of Washington (UW) $90,300
University of California, Irvine (UCI) $90,200
Villanova University $90,200
San Jose State University (SJSU) $90,100
Hofstra University $90,100

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy who said my garbage man makes $100 grand, I think it's just another way to look at the big picture that you go to college to help you get a good paying job. There are two sets of people on here the one that claim they are their kid is the next SS and keep screaming look at me look at me (full ride) and the others that would send their travel kid to the ACME school of liberal arts if they offered some athletic money.

I agree with an earlier poster that a .25 to a good school is better than a full ride at ACME

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy who said my garbage man makes $100 grand, I think it's just another way to look at the big picture that you go to college to help you get a good paying job. There are two sets of people on here the one that claim they are their kid is the next SS and keep screaming look at me look at me (full ride) and the others that would send their travel kid to the ACME school of liberal arts if they offered some athletic money.

I agree with an earlier poster that a .25 to a good school is better than a full ride at ACME

well the schools are in the top 20 are not ACME. I agree gloating about getting a full ride or close is not a goo quality, but there are some great colleges that give elite players big money including Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Maryland, Florida, Penn State, Ohio State , Georgetown, USC etc... I don't think any of those are ACME!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just too add: It is also about the overall fit, and type of college experience the kid and family are looking for. A .25 to Duke may put a kid into an academic situation that is over their head, .75 at Hoftsra may make sense to someone who wants to stay close to home. Maybe .5 at Maryland would be the perfect fit for the girl who wants a top athletic program at a good school offering the total big school experience. Also one must take into consideration the rigorous demands of a D1 athelete and the prior recruits. At certain schools, the girl may not see the field much. At the college level, I don't know many players who would be satisfied taking any scholarship to ride the bench for 4 years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage did not say full athletic scholarships are NEVER offered. If thats what was said it would be incorrect.

YOU ALL are not getting the point which simply said my kid was offered full scholarships to several schools. THATS IT. Some posters refuse to accept that and repeatedly stated it is impossible to get full scholarships. Then all these statistics pop up and jerk off comments follow. Since there are so many experts jumping into this discussion maybe ONE of you can tell us which coach told you they NEVER offer full athletic scholarships? You can't because they do. Not nearly as common as partial scholarships but they are offered. Not sure why so many are offended by that and you can say I am lying and that's fine but the fact remains I sat in the offices with these coaches when the offers were made. Incredible time that was shared with my daughter. She chose an incredible school that fits her well. I wish you all luck and hope the recruiting time spent with your daughter was as enjoyable as ours was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage did not say full athletic scholarships are NEVER offered. If thats what was said it would be incorrect.

YOU ALL are not getting the point which simply said my kid was offered full scholarships to several schools. THATS IT. Some posters refuse to accept that and repeatedly stated it is impossible to get full scholarships. Then all these statistics pop up and jerk off comments follow. Since there are so many experts jumping into this discussion maybe ONE of you can tell us which coach told you they NEVER offer full athletic scholarships? You can't because they do. Not nearly as common as partial scholarships but they are offered. Not sure why so many are offended by that and you can say I am lying and that's fine but the fact remains I sat in the offices with these coaches when the offers were made. Incredible time that was shared with my daughter. She chose an incredible school that fits her well. I wish you all luck and hope the recruiting time spent with your daughter was as enjoyable as ours was.

Never said no schools offered ful rides, only there will be a trade off. Happy for you! good luck at Dowling!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said no schools offered ful rides, only there will be a trade off. Happy for you! good luck at Dowling!

No trade off here. School is ranked in the top 30 in US News. Now your insulting the Dowling players and families. Good luck not getting your [lacrosse] kicked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Learn how to spell FULL you jackass. Maybe Dowling would have helped YOU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, you got me! Is that all you have?? Sounds like someone's very angry! That's what happens when you distort the truth!! (hope I spelled everything correctly and used proper punctuation)! Wouldn't want to upset the guy who's daughter got a full athletic ride to Duke!! Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No trade off here. School is ranked in the top 30 in US News. Now your insulting the Dowling players and families. Good luck not getting your [lacrosse] kicked.

Still a trade off if school is not Duke, Hopkins, or Goergetown. Dowling is a fine school, just not prestigious, so a full ride would not be all that unusual. Many students will chose this path, make the most of it an come out debt free. Making threats like that, I assume you probably went to Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dowling is divion 2

NCAA Website
Division II relies on a partial-scholarship model to administer athletics-based financial aid. Most Division II student-athletes finance their education through a combination of scholarship money, grants, student loans and employment earnings.

In 2008, Division II commissioned the consulting firm of Hardwick-Day to assess the benefits of the partial-scholarship model unique to Division II. The Hardwick-Day study concluded that the partial-scholarship model has a direct impact on net tuition revenue and helps build cultural diversity and gender balance by attracting prospective students via competitive athletics programs.

Very few of the 90,000 student-athletes competing in Division II will receive a full athletics grant that covers all of their expenses, but most of them will receive some financial aid to help them through school. For the rest of their expenses, student-athletes are on their own––using academic scholarships, student loans and employment earnings just like most other students attending the Division II institution. This healthy partnership is the essence of Division II, where student-athletes are valued for their athletics contribution and for being an important part of the overall student body.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still a trade off if school is not Duke, Hopkins, or Goergetown. Dowling is a fine school, just not prestigious, so a full ride would not be all that unusual. Many students will chose this path, make the most of it an come out debt free. Making threats like that, I assume you probably went to Suffolk.

BTW many feel by going to Duke, Hopkins or Georgetown there is a trade off on the Athletic side and overall BIG time college experience in comparison to UNC, Syracuse, Florida, ND or Penn State. They feel the balance of big time athletics an a top 50 school is a better choice even if they can get into the "prestigious" schools. I would take a full ride to any of those schools an never feel like there is a "trade off" !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, you got me! Is that all you have?? Sounds like someone's very angry! That's what happens when you distort the truth!! (hope I spelled everything correctly and used proper punctuation)! Wouldn't want to upset the guy who's daughter got a full athletic ride to Duke!! Hahaha

Duke is too far and we want to see a lot of games unlike you who will have your kid tell you to go away because you are a [lacrosse]. But thanks for the interest in our personal life. BTW you must be a dream to be married to. A real catch I bet. Argue about everything, get nasty and personal, make no sense. No wonder you have an inferiority complex and a confidence problem. Your kid must thank the Lord for making you her parent. For her sake, If you haven't already screwed her recruiting up I will be happy to help out. Karma will certainly get your argumentative obnoxious butt kicked when you don't have a computer to hide behind...weakling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dowling is divion 2

NCAA Website
Division II relies on a partial-scholarship model to administer athletics-based financial aid. Most Division II student-athletes finance their education through a combination of scholarship money, grants, student loans and employment earnings.

In 2008, Division II commissioned the consulting firm of Hardwick-Day to assess the benefits of the partial-scholarship model unique to Division II. The Hardwick-Day study concluded that the partial-scholarship model has a direct impact on net tuition revenue and helps build cultural diversity and gender balance by attracting prospective students via competitive athletics programs.

Very few of the 90,000 student-athletes competing in Division II will receive a full athletics grant that covers all of their expenses, but most of them will receive some financial aid to help them through school. For the rest of their expenses, student-athletes are on their own––using academic scholarships, student loans and employment earnings just like most other students attending the Division II institution. This healthy partnership is the essence of Division II, where student-athletes are valued for their athletics contribution and for being an important part of the overall student body.

Says "most" and "very few". Means some will get full rides....just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke is too far and we want to see a lot of games unlike you who will have your kid tell you to go away because you are a [lacrosse]. But thanks for the interest in our personal life. BTW you must be a dream to be married to. A real catch I bet. Argue about everything, get nasty and personal, make no sense. No wonder you have an inferiority complex and a confidence problem. Your kid must thank the Lord for making you her parent. For her sake, If you haven't already screwed her recruiting up I will be happy to help out. Karma will certainly get your argumentative obnoxious butt kicked when you don't have a computer to hide behind...weakling.

Still so angry and mean! Thanks for the offer but we did just fine in the recruiting prosess. My aim on this thread was to inform people of the realities of the recruiting process, not to beat my chest about my daughters full ride. Nobody wants to here about that because even if it is true, which I still don't believe, it is not a realistic expectation, that is what people are curious about. Insulting my family life takes the focus from the point of the whole discussion and is childish. Kind of like pointing out typos. Grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seems to be an epidemic of tiny.....overcompensation in this thread.

As a parent who will be quite happy if my kid plays DIII or club, because she loves to play lacrosse and I would like to see her getting to do what she loves, I wish all of you striving for something different the very best. I hope all our girls find the right place for them and we can pay the ticket.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard