BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 70 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about an upcoming tournament at Kellenberg? Heard about it but cant find any info on it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores posted on Crabs twitter feed from NSCLA tournament this weekend in Maryland. Turtles and Leading Edge (NJ) only two undefeated 2017 teams, LI Outlaws went 0-3. Turtles crushed Crabs 8-2. Day before at Big 4 (Dukes) tournament in Philly, Dukes won the championship over Crabs, Leading Edge came in 3rd (2-1), LI Express went 1-2 beating Headstrong but losing to Sweetlax and Crabs 12-1. Just posting the results, realize it is only the Fall and focus is on recruting. However, we also know teams would prefer to win if possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the Outlaws play yesterday. They are really a marginal team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the 2015 and 2017 invites to Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Summer 2014 been sent out yet? The responses on this thread say "soon", but they were posted from a month ago.....Any update? We have the fall invites in hand, but have heard nothing about summer....

Will playing well at fall help for the summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer JR invites are out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do know of 2017 kids who received the direct invite. They came in the mail last week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice tourny down in Phili this weekend--

crabs, express, sweetlax, dukes/big 4, leading edge and one or two more...

Dukes/Crabs in final. Leading Edge lost to Dukes by 1 and beat HeadStrong and Sweetlax to come in 3rd. LI Express lost to Sweetlax I think and played in 3rd place game. Good competition all the way around.

Head LI Express lost 12-1 to Crabs and 5-3 to Sweetlax. Don't know how they did in last game vs. Headstrong,

How many of the Crab players drove themselves home? Or did they just go to the local pub and discuss the game? LOL, I know, they're all 2017. It's just getting so ridiculous now. Ya know, cause LI teams just don't know how to play lacrosse anymore... All of a sudden the crabs are blowing out Express. Gee what happened? Oh wait, this is the year down in MD they all repeat 9th grade in prep school because they were in 9th grade last year in public school, on top of being held back a year in kindergarten. Still 2017, all good. So most of the kids are 16 and 17 years old playing our 14 year olds. No wait I'm sorry, the MD kids just hit the wall more and are better than our kids, and are genetically more gifted with size and speed,that must be it. Why do we continue to support these tournaments??? We really need to start demanding these things go age based. One last thing... Why won't the crabs enter this exact team into the U-15 championship??? Hmmmm, what could the reason be?

My son played in this tournament (still 13 years old) and my opinion is you play against kids in your graduation year, the college coaches don't seem to care what year you were born but they do care what yer you are graduating. Play the hand you were dealt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key Dukes Players were at the Duke Prospect Camp on Sunday. Dukes 2017 Goalie looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we got a jake reed nike blue chip FALL invite for my 2015 and my 2017 on nov 23 and 24.....my 2017 will be passing up the team philly showcase event on nov 24 to do it... is that a wise move? can you do one day of jake reed (nov 23) and then leave and do nov 24? Where do you the think the D1 coaches will be? Will the fall blue chip be well attended by D1 coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invite only...
Anyone know anything about an upcoming tournament at Kellenberg? Heard about it but cant find any info on it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key Dukes Players were at the Duke Prospect Camp on Sunday. Dukes 2017 Goalie looked good.

I heard the kids attending looked weak, another money grab!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes/Crabs in final. Leading Edge lost to Dukes by 1 and beat HeadStrong and Sweetlax to come in 3rd. LI Express lost to Sweetlax I think and played in 3rd place game. Good competition all the way around.

Head LI Express lost 12-1 to Crabs and 5-3 to Sweetlax. Don't know how they did in last game vs. Headstrong,

How many of the Crab players drove themselves home? Or did they just go to the local pub and discuss the game? LOL, I know, they're all 2017. It's just getting so ridiculous now. Ya know, cause LI teams just don't know how to play lacrosse anymore... All of a sudden the crabs are blowing out Express. Gee what happened? Oh wait, this is the year down in MD they all repeat 9th grade in prep school because they were in 9th grade last year in public school, on top of being held back a year in kindergarten. Still 2017, all good. So most of the kids are 16 and 17 years old playing our 14 year olds. No wait I'm sorry, the MD kids just hit the wall more and are better than our kids, and are genetically more gifted with size and speed,that must be it. Why do we continue to support these tournaments??? We really need to start demanding these things go age based. One last thing... Why won't the crabs enter this exact team into the U-15 championship??? Hmmmm, what could the reason be?

My son played in this tournament (still 13 years old) and my opinion is you play against kids in your graduation year, the college coaches don't seem to care what year you were born but they do care what yer you are graduating. Play the hand you were dealt.

I have nothing to do with 2017 but your comment "play the hand you were dealt" is in direct contradiction to the previous poster's comment. The problem is a lot of people arent playing the hand they were dealt, but rather holding there kids back to play against younger competition. that just isnt fair. But, there are not rules against it so why doesnt everyone just hold their kids back a year and then see if anyone uses that logic to hold their kids back two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with 2017 but your comment "play the hand you were dealt" is in direct contradiction to the previous poster's comment. The problem is a lot of people arent playing the hand they were dealt, but rather holding there kids back to play against younger competition. that just isnt fair. But, there are not rules against it so why doesnt everyone just hold their kids back a year and then see if anyone uses that logic to hold their kids back two years.

If I could do it all over, both my boys would be held back! I tell all new parents to consider it. Most are shocked at first, but then start thinking.......hmmmm, why should other kids get this advantage, maybe this is in the best interest of my child!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they definitely didn't show well. I wouldn't count them out yet. they need to figure out there playing style. the team can really move the ball when they want to but fall into old bad habits real quick. we shall see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the combination of boys reclassifying coupled with early recruiting

when you play your 15 year old against my 13 year old, I will bet on your older boy every time.

In 4 years, I am pretty sure my 17 year old will be a better player than your 19 year old.

Fotrunately for you, your 15 year old put together a great highlight tape of his games played against little boys and looks like a stud.

Fortunately for my son he will graduate college at 22 instead of 25

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as for me I like hanging out with older people, makes me feel younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invite only...

Do you know if it is a Showcase Tournament, are colleges in Attendance? Also, do you know any teams involved?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are playing the hand we were dealt, others have drawn new cards to improve their hand -

"grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

I have accepted that my son will graduate HS at 17 - maybe he will get overlooked at recruiting showcases because others have chosen to hold their kids back to gain a competitive advantage (and good for them) and I will work with my son on what we can control like work ethic and grades.

no excuses and no regrets!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear No Excuses and Regrets,
I agree with you whole heartedly. I wouldn't hold my kid back for athletic advantage either. However, you can't ignore the fact that the LI kids are being ripped off. The MD, PA, prep school crowd is taking spots away from our kids by cheating our kids and changing the game right before our eyes. Guess what, nothing we can do about it. Not until we stand up and demand all tournaments, showcases and recruiting camps strictly follow US lacrosse U-XX rules. Birth certificate proof. It's the only way this crap stops. Tell your team directors to demand it or boycott tourn. If we got together as a region and pushed this issue we could change it.
That's all I'm saying... Just enforce, and play by the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the Outlaws play yesterday. They are really a marginal team.

Outlaws will play Red Devil United (NC team), Edge Red 2017, and 3d Select Canada this weekend at fl$ in 3D

fl$ will play Leading Edge Elite, Greene Turtle, 3d Select Co, BBL Red, Looneys Orange, 3d Select Canada.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so for the sake of finding out how our local boys faired against the rest of the regions who participated in the summer JR event; lets get a count going to see how many of the 50 direct selects are from our area:

(hopefully this doesnt degenerate into some type of slug fest...just anecdotal info gathering)

just add on from here: +1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so for the sake of finding out how our local boys faired against the rest of the regions who participated in the summer JR event; lets get a count going to see how many of the 50 direct selects are from our area:

(hopefully this doesnt degenerate into some type of slug fest...just anecdotal info gathering)

Makes no sense because there's kids with direct invites that didn't go to 3d/jake reed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes no sense because there's kids with direct invites that didn't go to 3d/jake reed

count that as a "no" from that household... we can "extrapolate" with the directs from this area anyway...it may be a tad too complicated for you...move on to the next question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

count that as a "no" from that household... we can "extrapolate" with the directs from this area anyway...it may be a tad too complicated for you...move on to the next question.

very rude. I don't understand either. Just rephrase so us idiots know what the heck you're trying to figure out. In your question you stated "lets get a count going to see how many of the 50 direct selects are from our area".... So I'm wondering just as the idiot challenged previous poster. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like everyone who went in July got an invite and even those who didn't get past Blue Chip in Florida also got invited. Thry blew it. JR's days of being "THE" elite showcase are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm from md and my son was just ok. He has a lot to work on. But I don't know if you where there or just stating heresay - but there def were several standout 17's from li that had shots that would make your head spin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very rude. I don't understand either. Just rephrase so us idiots know what the heck you're trying to figure out. In your question you stated "lets get a count going to see how many of the 50 direct selects are from our area".... So I'm wondering just as the idiot challenged previous poster. Thanks

Pedantic may seem rude however; restated: how many long island kids got the direct summer invite and do not have to go through winter qualifying again?

+1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was umbc was ok there he didn't get direct invite he did not deserve it and we are going down to fla and try and make it this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was umbc was ok there he didn't get direct invite he did not deserve it and we are going down to fla and try and make it this year

how much are the fees for the Florida camp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how much are the fees for the Florida camp?

$550 plus travel? & then another $550 IF you get asked to JR?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At fl$ in 3D yesterday for 2017s, fl$ went 1-2 losing to Leading Edge 7-1 and 3D Colorado 7-3, and beating Edge from Canada 5-3. LI Outlaws lost all of the games. 3D Colorado and Leading Edge were the best teams there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ beat BBL 17-6 and Looneys 14-0 on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL b team as the black team is the a team. Got killed by leading edge and 3d.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who got killed bt leading edge and 3d?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how good Long Island (Be The Best) 2017 Team is?
Is it an A team or B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$

I was pretty surprised to see how easy the 3d team handled fl$. fl$ had some very athletic guys, but the 3d defense shut them down other than 1 or 2 long shots that sort of skipped in through the slop in front of the cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At fl$ in 3D yesterday for 2017s, fl$ went 1-2 losing to Leading Edge 7-1 and 3D Colorado 7-3, and beating Edge from Canada 5-3. LI Outlaws lost all of the games. 3D Colorado and Leading Edge were the best teams there.

I am not familiar with the BBL program but think they had two teams there. The one I saw was very well coached and hung with the 3d Co team for most of the game, but 3d pulled away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ lost by 2 or 3 to 3D Col & 6-1 to L-Edge. 'Killed' is a slight exaggeration, no?

fl$

Page 18 of 70 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard