BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything is relative.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are Parents belive there is NO harm in doing this, even if their son plays the piano...An Educated risk,and one that is economocally affordable to many on LI.

IT IS HAPPENING, Believe it or not. Talk to MC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sage,
Can we get some clarification here? 2022/U10/4th grade means the kid is born no earlier than 9/01/2003?
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't any of you people know what red-shirting is??????

yes we also know what cheating is? Redshirting is for college not youth sports.

Your naive about the sport if you're making this comment. In our area, LI, the school cutoff date is Dec 1. So you're saying if a parent decides to have their child repeat a grade that was born sept, oct, nov that that's cheating? They will STILL Be younger than others outside of LI. For example MD, where their cutoff date is Sept 1? And not to mention that many parents in Md often opt to hold their kids back or start late. Add on top of that a redshirt or pg year and you have the Pannell Syndrome - an almost 25 yr old senior. Did he cheat? Well all I know is that he won the tewarrton. So I would say do the best for your child an stop worrying about things you have no control over and do something with those that you do!!5yxyeR

First off, isn't Pannell only 23 not 25. A late birthday (Dec), did a PG year and got Medically redshirted (technically left school however you want to call it since ivy's donot allow 5h yr seniors).

Second, Pannell is not the norm. He PG'd after HS, he did not get held back in 3rd grade. Then got hurt in College . (all after HS where physical maturity "should" be a level field)

Now, I fully understand about the late birthdates (whether sept-dec) as my prior post outlines that. I also understand what people are doing. But, mysteriously players with birthdates Jan - Aug who have started kindergarten with the "age-mates" have been held back (not for academic reasons). As the case is to be rumored on a few highly touted 2020 teams.

And now you suggest those players who are already old for their grade get held back again. What are we in texas or florida and the players have a shot at the NFL. What is the end game here.

So to me... IMO... if a late 3rd qtr birthday who is already old for their grade then gets held back a year they should not play grade ball, of course there are issues that may make this an unusual situation like illness or injury, but in usual healthy child (who I assume is since he is playing summer travel lax) it should not be allowed.

I can see (don't agree with) the agreement of a hold back in 8th, but we are taking pre middle schoolers being held back to gain an athletic advantage? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS WRONG

Why are people including dec bdays in with sept and oct as "late" bdays? On LI IF YOU WERE born on or after dec 1 you would be born on the first possible day to enter school, aka the oldest. Just wondering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your naive about the sport if you're making this comment. In our area, LI, the school cutoff date is Dec 1. So you're saying if a parent decides to have their child repeat a grade that was born sept, oct, nov that that's cheating? They will STILL Be younger than others outside of LI. For example MD, where their cutoff date is Sept 1? And not to mention that many parents in Md often opt to hold their kids back or start late. Add on top of that a redshirt or pg year and you have the Pannell Syndrome - an almost 25 yr old senior. Did he cheat? Well all I know is that he won the tewarrton. So I would say do the best for your child an stop worrying about things you have no control over and do something with those that you do!!5yxyeR

First off, isn't Pannell only 23 not 25. A late birthday (Dec), did a PG year and got Medically redshirted (technically left school however you want to call it since ivy's donot allow 5h yr seniors).

Second, Pannell is not the norm. He PG'd after HS, he did not get held back in 3rd grade. Then got hurt in College . (all after HS where physical maturity "should" be a level field)

Now, I fully understand about the late birthdates (whether sept-dec) as my prior post outlines that. I also understand what people are doing. But, mysteriously players with birthdates Jan - Aug who have started kindergarten with the "age-mates" have been held back (not for academic reasons). As the case is to be rumored on a few highly touted 2020 teams.

And now you suggest those players who are already old for their grade get held back again. What are we in texas or florida and the players have a shot at the NFL. What is the end game here.

So to me... IMO... if a late 3rd qtr birthday who is already old for their grade then gets held back a year they should not play grade ball, of course there are issues that may make this an unusual situation like illness or injury, but in usual healthy child (who I assume is since he is playing summer travel lax) it should not be allowed.

I can see (don't agree with) the agreement of a hold back in 8th, but we are taking pre middle schoolers being held back to gain an athletic advantage? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS WRONG

I believe rob pannell was born dec 11 1989 which means he's turning 25. So he was a 24 yr old college senior. If he entered into school at the appropriate time he should have graduated college in 2011. But because he pged then gamed the ivy system maintaining eligibility he added 2 years to his timeline. I would think it will be very difficult if not impossible for these younger 4th graders to compete as 17 yr old college freshman against 23 yr old men.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sage,
Can we get some clarification here? 2022/U10/4th grade means the kid is born no earlier than 9/01/2003?
thanks
The age group table follows and rolls forward each year in August.

Your question mixes two concepts : grade/graduation level (Class of 2022, 4th Grade) and U-age groups (U/10). This is the entire crux of age group debates (excluding children "left back" or "held back"). In most school districts, grade cut off dates are December 1st (although this can vary by district) and for U-age groups, the cutoff date is September 1st.

Worst casing from 2022/4th Grade and U/10 would be the U/10 case. All U/10 players must be born on or after September 1st, 2003.

12/01/95 - 08/31/96 ... Class of 2014 ... 12th Grade ... U/18
09/01/96 - 11/30/96 ... Class of 2014 ... 12th Grade ... U/17

12/01/96 - 08/31/97 ... Class of 2015 ... 11th Grade ... U/17
09/01/97 - 11/30/97 ... Class of 2015 ... 11th Grade ... U/16

12/01/97 - 08/31/98 ... Class of 2016 ... 10th Grade ... U/16
09/01/98 - 11/30/98 ... Class of 2016 ... 10th Grade ... U/15

12/01/98 - 08/31/99 ... Class of 2017 ... 9th Grade .... U/15
09/01/99 - 11/30/99 ... Class of 2017 ... 9th Grade .... U/14

12/01/99 - 08/31/00 ... Class of 2018 ... 8th Grade .... U/14
09/01/00 - 11/30/00 ... Class of 2018 ... 8th Grade .... U/13

12/01/00 - 08/31/01 ... Class of 2019 ... 7th Grade .... U/13
09/01/01 - 11/30/01 ... Class of 2019 ... 7th Grade .... U/12

12/01/01 - 08/31/02 ... Class of 2020 ... 6th Grade .... U/12
09/01/02 - 11/30/02 ... Class of 2020 ... 6th Grade .... U/11

12/01/02 - 08/31/03 ... Class of 2021 ... 5th Grade .... U/11
09/01/03 - 11/30/03 ... Class of 2021 ... 5th Grade .... U/10

12/01/03 - 08/31/04 ... Class of 2022 ... 4rd Grade .... U/10
09/01/04 - 11/30/04 ... Class of 2022 ... 4rd Grade .... U/9

12/01/04 - 08/31/05 ... Class of 2023 ... 3nd Grade .... U/9
09/01/05 - 11/30/05 ... Class of 2023 ... 3nd Grade .... U/8

12/01/05 - 08/31/06 ... Class of 2024 ... 2nd Grade .... U/8
09/01/06 - 11/30/06 ... Class of 2024 ... 2nd Grade .... U/7

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I believe rob pannell was born dec 11 1989 which means he's turning 25. So he was a 24 yr old college senior. If he entered into school at the appropriate time he should have graduated college in 2011. But because he pged then gamed the ivy system maintaining eligibility he added 2 years to his timeline. I would think it will be very difficult if not impossible for these younger 4th graders to compete as 17 yr old college freshman against 23 yr old men."

Maybe your 2022 son can help you with the math - born on 12/11/89 means he will be turning 24, not 25.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

----------------------------------------

I believe rob pannell was born dec 11 1989 which means he's turning 25. So he was a 24 yr old college senior. If he entered into school at the appropriate time he should have graduated college in 2011. But because he pged then gamed the ivy system maintaining eligibility he added 2 years to his timeline. I would think it will be very difficult if not impossible for these younger 4th graders to compete as 17 yr old college freshman against 23 yr old men.

Please learn how to use the site. Don't creep in someone else's blog. Write after you see the "[quote]" please. if not it is hard to distinguish one comment from another.

If he was born in Jan -Oct of 1989 he would be 24. But since he is Dec he still is 23.

2013 -1989 = 24 (but only if he already had a birthday in 2013); which he did not!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sage,
thanks

2022 teams in MD use the same cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer
Sage,
thanks

It's crazy that this discussion continues...4th grade and 2022 are the same, your kid can be 9, 10, 11 or 16 if he is in 4th grade he is 2022 and 4th grade eligible. You are correct, u-10 is born on or after 9/1/2003.

2022 teams in MD use the same cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 team igloo won the championship over Li outlaws at the fall finale. I believe 2021 igloo also won over outlaws in the championship so good showing for LI lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash is going up to Yale next weekend. Any other LI teams going up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone else go they are the best give them the trophy already save the money and gas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone else go they are the best give them the trophy already save the money and gas.
Soooo, you're saying you're not going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That makes a lot of sense. So nobody should play in tournaments anymore b/c we already know who the best is? Btw...didn't smash get smashed in Maryland last year? Hope that MD team doesn't head up to Yale or the whole smash team will jab water their money on gas.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That makes a lot of sense. So nobody should play in tournaments anymore b/c we already know who the best is? Btw...didn't smash get smashed in Maryland last year? Hope that MD team doesn't head up to Yale or the whole smash team will jab water their money on gas.

We are not going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now I can gather up the 20 best lax kids I know and beat smash, not close not express or igloo. Just get together 20 of the best lax kids around who don't play for smash. No insult to smAsh, great kids and great coaching but let's not get out of control at 10 years old. Point is pipe down have some fun the boys are 10 and always remember as good as your kid is there is better and at any time someone can assemble 15-20 kids that can smoke your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2022 Teams are playing in the Fall Brawl Turkey Shootout on 11/30?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won this weekend at Yale.
How was the competition?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach is open to scrimmages, so get your 15-20 players and give him a call! And Smash won at Yale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won this weekend at Yale.
How was the competition?

91 Smash won U11. Competition was good. Fun to play teams from off LI. CT, Mass, Westchester, New Hampshire and NJ were all represented in the bracket. Kids had a blast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you please assemble your dream team then to play.
Smash Coach doesn't care about losing , cares about challenging the kids.
While your theory of assembling this dream team sounds easy on paper, I find it highly unlikely you will be able to put it together. I agree that there could be 20 kids out there that don't play for them and COULD be assembled to beat them. Please collect these 20 kids that you claim to know, put your name and contact information on your next message and I'm sure someone will contact you to arrange such a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to 91 Smash for winning the Bulldog Bash.

2022 - 91 United also beat Express minutemen 11 - 0 at NYIT on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've met a couple of normal Smash parents and I feel bad that the Crazy Smash parents have given your team a not so tasteful reputation….The crazy parents really should stop living vicariously through their kids and get a life…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I love the Smash parent challenging the other guy to assemble his team because Smash will play them anywhere, anytime. Sounds like a junior high school kid challenging another kid to meet him outside the gym doors after school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've met a couple of normal Smash parents and I feel bad that the Crazy Smash parents have given your team a not so tasteful reputation….The crazy parents really should stop living vicariously through their kids and get a life…

Typical Team 91 parent. They are a special breed. You cant miss them at a tournament. They dress in Team 91 clown outfits and act like morons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I love the Smash parent challenging the other guy to assemble his team because Smash will play them anywhere, anytime. Sounds like a junior high school kid challenging another kid to meet him outside the gym doors after school.

By 'other guy', do you mean the guy that first said he could get 15-20 kids together to beat Smash? I love how the Smash parent is the one you decide to ridicule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classic stuff. This is 4th grade lacrosse and it's only November 18th and look at the bards flying already. I can't wait for the spring and summer to get here. Get your popcorn...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now please don't go on the attack, I don't know much about Express but who are the Minutemen? I thought the Express had Terps and Wolverines as A and B. Is this there only 2022 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now please don't go on the attack, I don't know much about Express but who are the Minutemen? I thought the Express had Terps and Wolverines as A and B. Is this there only 2022 team?

Minutemen is the A team (Terps now B) and they tied united 6-6 at the Havoc. In fact, every game (including last year when they were named the Terps) until Sunday has been very competitive. FYI United added two of the better kids from that Express as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Put. Why not call out the "other guy"? Plenty of room at Turkey for this 15-20 kid super team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 must be the number of the day. United wins 11-0 and Smash wins 11U

Well Done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Done

United is better than smash. No big deal both good teams but united is better coached and they will be the better team come spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Done

United is better than smash. No big deal both good teams but united is better coached and they will be the better team come spring.

You write well for a 9 year old. Oh wait, you're a United parent? Yikes.

Can we end the United v Smash stuff now? We're all on the same side here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Smash beat United in the finals at Havoc?? Oh thats right United didnt make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know, you try and compliment both teams and some moron has to try and start trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me sum up 2022. Last year Smash and Igloo were in league by themselves with Smash clearly the #1 team and Igloo #2. This year United has entered the top tier in this age bracket. While they lost to Igloo at the Havoc, it was a close game that could have gone either way. So now Smash, Igloo and United are the top tier of this bracket. Smash is #1 until someone proves othewise. Team LI is supposed to be good but they do not seem to play at many of the tournaments. After this is probably Express who are solid but not in the class of top 3. The same could probably be said for Jesters. Then you have a number of teams that are clearly B level - Outlaws, Express B team, fl$, Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before we put United into the upper tier: Express Minuteman has over 10 new players from last year. They tied United at Halloween Havoc. They played United back to back this past weekend (no break between games) while United got to rest a game. Express clearly tired at the end last week (and were also man-down 6 times). Express was also missing 2 of it's best players. Before we go jumping to any conclusions about United and where they belong let's just see how things play out. It has been 2 tournaments - everyone relax. This Express team will come together...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The person posting all these posts is probably upset that their son didnt make Smash and their son neither plays on Smash or United! Smash and United are with the same oraganization with 2 very good coaches and assistants as well! Both teams have children who attend the same school, play PAL together and parents that are friends. This is so obvious that this is not a players parent from either side posting these silly posts. Both teams actually , for what i saw at the Halloween Havoc socialize and cheer for each others child, regardless of team! So grow up, you are making a fool of yourself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way 9 yr olds act in between games at a tournament isn't exactly relaxing. They run around and have fun. Stop making excuses. Really , you were missing your two best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me sum up 2022. Last year Smash and Igloo were in league by themselves with Smash clearly the #1 team and Igloo #2. This year United has entered the top tier in this age bracket. While they lost to Igloo at the Havoc, it was a close game that could have gone either way. So now Smash, Igloo and United are the top tier of this bracket. Smash is #1 until someone proves othewise. Team LI is supposed to be good but they do not seem to play at many of the tournaments. After this is probably Express who are solid but not in the class of top 3. The same could probably be said for Jesters. Then you have a number of teams that are clearly B level - Outlaws, Express B team, fl$, Legacy.

Which team has the most committed 2022s?

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard