BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 70 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is nothing wrong with playing in front of a bunch of Div 3 coaches and I bet that some D1 schools will be there.
Correct ... provided that those Division III coaches are actually in the Top Ten Academic or Athletic options selected by the student-athlete. If the attending coaches are not in the set of schools that one would consider, why attend the showcase and pay the associated fees?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
There is nothing wrong with playing in front of a bunch of Div 3 coaches and I bet that some D1 schools will be there.
Correct ... provided that those Division III coaches are actually in the Top Ten Academic or Athletic options selected by the student-athlete. If the attending coaches are not in the set of schools that one would consider, why attend the showcase and pay the associated fees?

I for one, requested a refund. Too much money for nothing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't anyone asking the question "why did they schedule this on a school day?" and also "why are people taking their children out of school for this?"
There are loads of Fall showcases that are NOT on a school day. So why go to this one?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I emailed one div one coach who was listed as attending and he confirmed his school will not be represented.

I am still considering going since this was the only fall showcase my son was attending.

Rally stinks.....
BOTC really appreciates the problems that this creates for many of the 2017 players. Is the K&J Athletics Red Storm Showcase Clinic on Sunday, November 10th an option for you?
BOTC has just spoken with the directors at K&J Athletics regarding the Red Storm Showcase-Clinic. We regret to inform the community that the Red Storm Showcase-Clinic is now SOLD OUT with their limit of 300 positions having been reached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't anyone asking the question "why did they schedule this on a school day?" and also "why are people taking their children out of school for this?"
There are loads of Fall showcases that are NOT on a school day. So why go to this one?

Awesome point. Is the answer related to the primary organizers being aligned with private schools that have that day off? Public schools be damned.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake reed direct invites for summer program (2014) are out for the 2017's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome point. Is the answer related to the primary organizers being aligned with private schools that have that day off? Public schools be damned.

If by private schools you are referring to Kellenberg, Chaminade and St. Anthony's, all three have classes on the 26th. So it's clearly not a public vs private issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed invites for summer 2014 are not out!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If by private schools you are referring to Kellenberg, Chaminade and St. Anthony's, all three have classes on the 26th. So it's clearly not a public vs private issue.

Well then. I guess its just a misguided assumption on the part of the money grabbers that missing classes that day is more tolerable than any other day. And don't be so narrow in your definition of private schools - The folks running the 175 are aligned with the prep schools that all have that entire week off leading up to Thanksgiving. This is clearly geared towards those kids.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
And don't be so narrow in your definition of private schools - The folks running the 175 are aligned with the prep schools that all have that entire week off leading up to Thanksgiving. This is clearly geared towards those kids.
Which is why the event was planned for Mitchel Field in Uniondale ... because of the number of local prep schools?

The IMLCA established this September 1st to May 1st embargo on during the week events without regard for the NCAA Recruiting Calendar. The problem that BOTC sees here is quite simple : who is driving the collegiate recruiting rules? IMLCA or NCAA?

Ask yourselves why the IMLCA did NOT take their decision directly to the NCAA Compliance committee. Ask yourselves why the IMLCA has chosen to play their cards now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then. I guess its just a misguided assumption on the part of the money grabbers that missing classes that day is more tolerable than any other day. And don't be so narrow in your definition of private schools - The folks running the 175 are aligned with the prep schools that all have that entire week off leading up to Thanksgiving. This is clearly geared towards those kids.

Bottom line is that kids are hurt by this. The timing is disgraceful to all involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There shouldn't be any events scheduled on SCHOOL days! Skipping school to go to one of these events is not in any way the same as missing some classes and still getting credit for them to go to a SCHOOL event or game.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There shouldn't be any events scheduled on SCHOOL days! Skipping school to go to one of these events is not in any way the same as missing some classes and still getting credit for them to go to a SCHOOL event or game.
How do you know that the event was not planned for 3:00pm until 10:00pm since it was under the lights at Mitchel Field? BOTC never saw a schedule - did you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know that the event was not planned for 3:00pm until 10:00pm since it was under the lights at Mitchel Field? BOTC never saw a schedule - did you?

So you are saying it is ok for kids to go to athleitic events endorsed by the school district and miss academic classes, but not others. Stupid statement!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm, yes they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are, at least for some. My son has not heard anything but I know Jake Reed actually called some kids last night to extent the invites personally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so?

If you're missing academic instuction for sports, makes no difference wheter it's school related or not. Teachers do not reteach a special lesson for atheletes. The result is the same. You missed class and are responsible to make up the work. Period. It's called pros and cons, a part of life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are and we got one!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received his Summer invite today by mail. Dates are 6/24-6/26.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There shouldn't be any events scheduled on SCHOOL days! Skipping school to go to one of these events is not in any way the same as missing some classes and still getting credit for them to go to a SCHOOL event or game.

The thing I find most amusing is that I did not hear one single complaint about the kids missing school or the "aligned with private schools" statement prior to the IMLCA notification. Suddenly it's a big conspiracy! Gimme me a break!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New this whole recruiting thing. How do you get invited to the Jake Reed camp? Recommendation? Pay to attend? Some special tryout?
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are three ways to get in:

1> The boys that have just been notified went to one of the Nike 3D weekends in Florida last January. From those weekends, about 100 players were selected from several regions to attend Jake Reed's Rising Freshman in MD this past July. Out of the 100 boys at Jake Reed, about 50 of them were invited to attend JR Rising Sophmores for this coming June.

2> 3D is once again holding tryouts this January in Florida for a chance at an invite to June's Jake Reed Rising Sophs .

3> And lastly, in the prior years, the head directors of the bigger club programs were asked to recommend a few top players who did not go through the 3D process.

New this whole recruiting thing. How do you get invited to the Jake Reed camp? Recommendation? Pay to attend? Some special tryout?
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice tourny down in Phili this weekend--

crabs, express, sweetlax, dukes/big 4, leading edge and one or two more...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! I assume this is one for the premier events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes/Crabs in final. Leading Edge lost to Dukes by 1 and beat HeadStrong and Sweetlax to come in 3rd. LI Express lost to Sweetlax I think and played in 3rd place game. Good competition all the way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes/Crabs in final. Leading Edge lost to Dukes by 1 and beat HeadStrong and Sweetlax to come in 3rd. LI Express lost to Sweetlax I think and played in 3rd place game. Good competition all the way around.

Head LI Express lost 12-1 to Crabs and 5-3 to Sweetlax. Don't know how they did in last game vs. Headstrong,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat West Coast Starz in OT at UPLAX. Great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reports on how many coaches on the sidelines ? What schools were represented?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head LI Express lost 12-1 to Crabs and 5-3 to Sweetlax. Don't know how they did in last game vs. Headstrong,

How many of the Crab players drove themselves home? Or did they just go to the local pub and discuss the game? LOL, I know, they're all 2017. It's just getting so ridiculous now. Ya know, cause LI teams just don't know how to play lacrosse anymore... All of a sudden the crabs are blowing out Express. Gee what happened? Oh wait, this is the year down in MD they all repeat 9th grade in prep school because they were in 9th grade last year in public school, on top of being held back a year in kindergarten. Still 2017, all good. So most of the kids are 16 and 17 years old playing our 14 year olds. No wait I'm sorry, the MD kids just hit the wall more and are better than our kids, and are genetically more gifted with size and speed,that must be it. Why do we continue to support these tournaments??? We really need to start demanding these things go age based. One last thing... Why won't the crabs enter this exact team into the U-15 championship??? Hmmmm, what could the reason be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express beat headstrong 9-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of the Crab players drove themselves home? Or did they just go to the local pub and discuss the game? LOL, I know, they're all 2017. It's just getting so ridiculous now. Ya know, cause LI teams just don't know how to play lacrosse anymore... All of a sudden the crabs are blowing out Express. Gee what happened? Oh wait, this is the year down in MD they all repeat 9th grade in prep school because they were in 9th grade last year in public school, on top of being held back a year in kindergarten. Still 2017, all good. So most of the kids are 16 and 17 years old playing our 14 year olds. No wait I'm sorry, the MD kids just hit the wall more and are better than our kids, and are genetically more gifted with size and speed,that must be it. Why do we continue to support these tournaments??? We really need to start demanding these things go age based. One last thing... Why won't the crabs enter this exact team into the U-15 championship??? Hmmmm, what could the reason be?

Oh the same old refrain. Was that the excuse last weekend at the Terrpain Fall Classic when they didn't play the Crabs and lost? For the Sweetlax loss 5-3 at the Big 4 yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually LI express came in 5th out of 6 teams and lost 2 of 3 games. However, the focus is on recruiting in these November events but the clubs definately want to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at NSCLA tournament today and Turtles looked really good (not affiliated with Turtles whatsoever. Beat Crabs very handily and I believe went undefeated on the day. Leading Edge in NJ also went undefeated I hard, I think only 2 teams undefeated on day at 2017 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did the Turtles do today?

Actually LI express came in 5th out of 6 teams and lost 2 of 3 games. However, the focus is on recruiting in these November events but the clubs definately want to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What colleges were at Hofstra showcase yesterday? I saw a bunch.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Remember that more than 60 coaches were in town yesterday for the Red Storm Showcase-Clinic at St. John's University. BOTC would not be surprised if there was overlap between that K&J Athletic's event (held yesterday afternoon) and anything conducted elsewhere on the Island this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you saw them why are you asking? Please tell us who you saw and define "a bunch".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2017 Teams played at Hofstra?

Page 17 of 70 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard