BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Terrapin Classic Tournament this weekend for 2017s: some good teams and competition. From LI: Team 91, LI Express, NJ: Leading Edge, MD: Madlax, FCA,Rock Elite, Breakers ,West coast: West Coast Starz, Philly: Dukes, Freedom, NXT. Great exposure and great competition.

Most of the top teams and D1 coaches will be at Quakerfest in philly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sick and tired of people trying to mention the Jesters in the same sentence as 91 orange and True Blue..that is completely false the jesters did not do anything against Tb and 91 orange handled them easily..

91 orange won by 3 over Jesters at LI laxfest. If you want you can call that easily go ahead. You may be sick and tired, but true. As many of the kids are friends, they all thought a good game.

Last year, move on. All teams this year start with many new players, and even with that who really gives a s..t. The kids are high school players now, time to let them grow up, youth lacrosse is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrapin Classic Tournament this weekend for 2017s: some good teams and competition. From LI: Team 91, LI Express, NJ: Leading Edge, MD: Madlax, FCA,Rock Elite, Breakers ,West coast: West Coast Starz, Philly: Dukes, Freedom, NXT. Great exposure and great competition.

that is for 2015s and 2016s. Best 2017 teams are going to the tournament above - see Dukes, Team 91, LI Express, West Coast Starz, FCA, Leading Edge, etc. those are many of the best 2017 teams. Some other good one going to Cottle Classic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is for 2015s and 2016s. Best 2017 teams are going to the tournament above - see Dukes, Team 91, LI Express, West Coast Starz, FCA, Leading Edge, etc. those are many of the best 2017 teams. Some other good one going to Cottle Classic.

Which one is WM Gold Elite going to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL Black 2017 out of New Jersey is a top team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List of boys going to Philly was released.

By position
Attack: 56
Middies: 65
Defense: 43
LSM: 13
G: 16
Total 193

Teams with most attendees
3D 22
NXT 16
LIE 8
Team 91 8
Leading Edge 7

From these states
NY 44
PA 36
NJ 24
MA 23
CT 12
CA 8
MD 6
TX 5
Others 35

Interesting there so few are from MD and VA. It appears no one came from the Crabs and only three from Dukes

Schools (though the information is not as conclusive)
Episcopal Academy 8 (all from NXT and Dukes)
Brunswick 6 (NE Storm)
St. Anthony's 3 (LIE)
Chaminade 2 (fl$ & LIE)

And it wouldn't be appropriate not to mention something about the Turtles: I saw only 2 players going to Philly who were from those currently listed on the turtles' website. Yes, their roster has changed.

Let the analysis begin...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By position
Total 193

3D 22
NXT 16
LIE 8
Team 91 8
Leading Edge 7

From these states
NY 44
PA 36
NJ 24
MA 23
CT 12
CA 8
MD 6
TX 5
Others 35

Interesting there so few are from MD and VA. It appears no one came from the Crabs and only three from Dukes

Brunswick 6 (NE Storm)
St. Anthony's 3 (LIE)
Chaminade 2 (fl$ & LIE)

And it wouldn't be appropriate not to mention something about the Turtles: I saw only 2 players going to Philly who were from those currently listed on the turtles' website. Yes, their roster has changed.

There shouldn't be any turtles - the website says its only for current Sophomores and Juniors ie. 2015/2016. If there are 2017s on the list (I quickly flipped through and didn't see any 2017s) that means they are taking away opportunities for somebody else who the showcase is intended for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By position
Total 193

3D 22
NXT 16
LIE 8
Team 91 8
Leading Edge 7

From these states
NY 44
PA 36
NJ 24
MA 23
CT 12
CA 8
MD 6
TX 5
Others 35

Brunswick 6 (NE Storm)
St. Anthony's 3 (LIE)
Chaminade 2 (fl$ & LIE)

There shouldn't be any turtles - the website says its only for current Sophomores and Juniors ie. 2015/2016. If there are 2017s on the list (I quickly flipped through and didn't see any 2017s) that means they are taking away opportunities for somebody else who the showcase is intended for.

Pal, you got the wrong tourney. This one IS ONLY for 2017's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By position
Total 193

3D 22
NXT 16
LIE 8
Team 91 8
Leading Edge 7

From these states
NY 44
PA 36
NJ 24
MA 23
CT 12
CA 8
MD 6
TX 5
Others 35

Brunswick 6 (NE Storm)
St. Anthony's 3 (LIE)
Chaminade 2 (fl$ & LIE)

It's called the "FRESHMAN" Philly showcase....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would suggest that the lack of large number of boys from any of the major lax schools means attendance at this showcase is largely driven by club coaches. Either that or boys from those schools don't feel like they need the exposure.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would suggest that the lack of large number of boys from any of the major lax schools means attendance at this showcase is largely driven by club coaches. Either that or boys from those schools don't feel like they need the exposure.

Probably because most high school coaches focus is on the current 10th and 11th graders from a recruiting standpoint. Maybe havent even seen the rising 8th graders.
Club coaches are dedicated to their team and age group and can put in the effort for them at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams they will make from the 193 players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrapin Classic 2017s: Leading Edge over 91 5-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrapin Classic 2017s: Leading Edge over 91 5-4

who else did 91 play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about, rising 8th graders at this point is 2019 - current 7th grade???

Probably because most high school coaches focus is on the current 10th and 11th graders from a recruiting standpoint. Maybe havent even seen the rising 8th graders.
Club coaches are dedicated to their team and age group and can put in the effort for them at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS Coaches can focus on whatever they want.

The fact is, College Coaches are looking at 2017's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR the most obvious reason, they weren't INVITED. Philly individual Frosh Showcase is a INVITE only - pay attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This summer's US Lacrosse U15 national championship will be all the way out in Colorado. Is there any reason to try and qualify for this tournament?

From 2016/2017 the teams that went last year, was there any college coaching exposure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other College talk besides the North Carolina Boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seem to be other options that weekend. Besides Philly we have the Diamond Showcase in Maryland and Top 205 in Delaware. Why do these organizers do it on the same weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about, rising 8th graders at this point is 2019 - current 7th grade???

2018 were rising 8th last summer when the last time the teams played....the new teams haven't played yet. A high school coach would have to have watched his 7th grade teams last summer to put in recommendations now for the class of 2018 or watch the middle school for the majority of the 2017 class. Not going to happen....that is why club teams need to do it.

Yes there is some early 2017 recruiting going on but the majority will occur starting next summer for the next 1 1/2 years for the bulk of the 2017 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR the most obvious reason, they weren't INVITED. Philly individual Frosh Showcase is a INVITE only - pay attention.

While this is an invitation only event, you have to ask yourself how they get invited. Certainly not out of thin air. These kids are promoted by their club coaches. This fact addresses the issue in part of the value of participating in club teams.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yes there is some early 2017 recruiting going on but the majority will occur starting next summer for the next 1 1/2 years for the bulk of the 2017 kids
The Class of 2017 will be getting some of their first looks at next weekend's K&J Athletics Red Storm Showcase-Clinic at St. John's University - more than 50 colleges are already confirmed for attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see much chatter, how did LI Express and Team 91 fare at the Terrapin Fall Classic? The lack of buzz tells me they didn't do so well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close to 100 coaches (and all of D1)will be at SWR Fall Classic at Farmingdale College on 11/24 (same weekend as Philly and Diamond). Best Long Island HS playing in this. Not club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see much chatter, how did LI Express and Team 91 fare at the Terrapin Fall Classic? The lack of buzz tells me they didn't do so well

Really? Recruiting guy, not about club team chest thumping. Go to the 2019 thread for that BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all of the 63 Division 1 colleges will be at this Farmingdale Tournament on Nov 23/24?. I find that hard to believe the same weekend of the Philly Showcase, Diamond and Top 205?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close to 100 coaches (and all of D1)will be at SWR Fall Classic at Farmingdale College on 11/24 (same weekend as Philly and Diamond). Best Long Island HS playing in this. Not club.

Clubs not invited, wouldn't expect them to be at SWR. Most of the HS teams don't include boys graduating in 2017. Colleges are starting to look at this class. If a 2017 boy wants to get noticed one place to be is Philly and the main way to get there is through club coach nominations, not HS coach nominations. HS coaches are focused on 206/15 and even if a 2017 boy was on a HS team, it's unlikely he would see much playing time. I'm sure this is a great recruiting venue, just for older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they both went 2-1 and every game was tight between all the 2017 teams there but WHO CARES? The chatter should be that the top D1 schools in the land were watching both 2017 club teams from 91 & Express, they were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to www.swrlax.com website and see the coaches who were there last year. expect even more this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to www.swrlax.com website and see the coaches who were there last year. expect even more this year.

is there a 2017 bracket at SWR? how about a 2016?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they both went 2-1 and every game was tight between all the 2017 teams there but WHO CARES? The chatter should be that the top D1 schools in the land were watching both 2017 club teams from 91 & Express, they were.

Express went 2-1, 91 went 1-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Top 175 to be held on Nov 26th ath Mitchell field just anounced that D1coaches will not be attending!!! Apparently a letter went out telling them not to attend mid-week showcases. Dissapointing to many hoping for some first looks. Maybe the Red Storm showcase this weekend is another option? Just won't be the same caliber invite ony players.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
National Top 175 to be held on Nov 26th ath Mitchell field just anounced that D1coaches will not be attending!!! Apparently a letter went out telling them not to attend mid-week showcases. Dissapointing to many hoping for some first looks. Maybe the Red Storm showcase this weekend is another option? Just won't be the same caliber invite ony players.
Please share with the lacrosse community the letter that announces this change.

The NCAA Recruiting Calendar (posted on the College Forum) actually calls out that the recruiting Dead Period begins on Wednesday, November 27th for Division I coaches. This could either be a case of travel close to the deadline or a number of Division I cancellations.

Again, please share the letter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GREETINGS TO EVERYONE ATTENDING THE NATIONAL INVITATIONAL 175 ON NOVEMBER 26TH, 2013 AT MITCHEL FIELD ON LONG ISLAND.

IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS – PLEASE READ

On Friday, November 1st, 2013, we learned that the IMLCA sent out a letter followed with direct emails to all the Division 1 and Division 2 coaches encouraging them NOT attend weekday showcases in November, including our November 26th showcase. While the NCAA clearly permits this showcase date as a contact period to do live recruiting, IMLCA stated that they urge all the D 1 and D 2 college coaches not to attend.

What is the IMLCA?

Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association. This is not the NCAA.

Why did the IMLCA do this?

Apparently, the IMLCA membership voted to not have D 1 college coaches observe and recruit from November showcases if they occur on a public school day or weekday.

Does every D 1 college coach support the IMLCA and will each of them support this decision?

We do not know.

Does the NCAA allow college coaches to recruit on November 26th?

YES.

Since most prep schools, many private schools, and even possibly some public schools are actually off that day, and you told them that, why is IMLCA still encouraging D 1 college coaches not to attend our showcase?

We do not know.

Will there be D 3 college coaches there?

YES, many.

Will there be D 1 college coaches attending this showcase anyway?

Maybe, we do not know at this time.

Why did you list those college coaches as planning to attend on your site?

Simple, we spoke to them over the past 30 -60 days and they each told us they would plan to attend this showcase and/or emailed us they were planning to attend.

Who governs the rules of college lacrosse recruiting?

The NCAA.

What role does the IMLCA play in this process?

We believe this is an organization of all college coaches, but we are not sure of their mandate.

Did this action taken by the IMLCA upset you, surprise you and what did you do about it?

When we were notified of this on Friday, November 1st, it was both extremely upsetting and surprising as the list of college coaches planning to attend was growing rapidly for this event up to that date. After speaking to several D 1 college coaches, we sent an extensive letter asking the IMLCA to reconsider their position.

Based on the above, is the showcase worth attending and why?

Yes, absolutely. There will be many D 3 college coaches there. At this point, we have no idea what D 1 or D 2 college coaches will do, but the NCAA permits recruiting on this date and it is the last date of 2013 that D 1 college coaches have as a live contact period.

There will also be tremendous competition and each full game will be filmed. Having quality video for creating highlight reels, especially coming from a highly competitive venue like this is, in our view, very valuable to your recruiting process.

Based on the above, if you would now rather not attend, we are willing to provide a full refund. However, this refund is only available until Thursday, November 7th at 1:00pm EST. After that time, there will no longer be any refunds offered. This will allow us to provide all those players on the waitlist ample time to register and fill those openings and for us to plan, should you choose to forfeit your spot. If you would like a full refund based on this news, and not attend, please email us at info@natinvite175.com.

In short, this development just happened. We highly respect the lacrosse coaches’ community and communicate with them quite often. Without getting into detail, this caught us by surprise. At the time of this letter, we really do not know what each D 1 college coach will do, but we do know that according to the NCAA, college coaches are allowed to attend our November 26th recruiting day and we also know that the talent assembled for this showcase will be excellent and we expect a very large turnout of college coaches coming from Division 3.

Once again, we felt that the right thing to do when learning of this news only this past Friday was to try to understand it and then quickly get this out to everyone and tell you what we know at this time. This development is upsetting but we believe that those who attend will have a great experience playing against great competition, being seen by many D 3 college coaches, gain great video and hopefully, some, if not many, D 1 coaches "may" actually show up. As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, we are also proud to be supporting the Navy Seal Foundation and hopefully, the student athletes will learn more about this worthwhile charity.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you this fall.

National Invitational 175

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Please share with the lacrosse community the letter that announces this change.

The NCAA Recruiting Calendar (posted on the College Forum) actually calls out that the recruiting Dead Period begins on Wednesday, November 27th for Division I coaches. This could either be a case of travel close to the deadline or a number of Division I cancellations.

Again, please share the letter.
Probably related to the article posted yesterday on Inside Lacrosse by John Jiloty "IMLCA Issues Statement Against Mid-Week Recruting Events". See insidelacrosse.com, 3rd article on website. Not good for Nat'l 175.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I emailed one div one coach who was listed as attending and he confirmed his school will not be represented.

I am still considering going since this was the only fall showcase my son was attending.

Rally stinks.....

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I emailed one div one coach who was listed as attending and he confirmed his school will not be represented.

I am still considering going since this was the only fall showcase my son was attending.

Rally stinks.....
BOTC really appreciates the problems that this creates for many of the 2017 players. Is the K&J Athletics Red Storm Showcase Clinic on Sunday, November 10th an option for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing wrong with playing in front of a bunch of Div 3 coaches and I bet that some D1 schools will be there.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Probably related to the article posted yesterday on Inside Lacrosse by John Jiloty "IMLCA Issues Statement Against Mid-Week Recruting Events". See insidelacrosse.com, 3rd article on website. Not good for Nat'l 175.
BOTC has started a "What's Your View?" column on the Main Message Board covering this topic. We are securing additional information as it becomes available via press releases and other sources.

Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard