BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we have 91 Smash and Express for the Halloween Havoc tournament. Who else? Igloo? 91 White? Jesters? Team LI?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This 91 Smash team is so overhyped and over-rated. They always play up and think they are better than they really are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This 91 Smash team is so overhyped and over-rated. They always play up and think they are better than they really are.

91 Smash is not overhyped or overrated. I believe they won every tournament they entered last year (at least the ones on LI) at their age group. And playing up shows they are more interested in playing against stronger competition then winning tournmaments. I do think their parents take things a little too seriously for 9 year old lacrosse and their perspective on life may be a little warped but to say Smash is overhyped or overrated is just not correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Smash is not overhyped or overrated. I believe they won every tournament they entered last year (at least the ones on LI) at their age group. And playing up shows they are more interested in playing against stronger competition then winning tournmaments. I do think their parents take things a little too seriously for 9 year old lacrosse and their perspective on life may be a little warped but to say Smash is overhyped or overrated is just not correct.

Very well said. And begs the question, is Smash playing in their age bracket at Halloween Havoc or up a bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about 9yr olds. Get a life and let your kid have some fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about 9yr olds. Get a life and let your kid have some fun.

Hey guy who keeps yelling at people for caring about 9 year old lacrosse, why don't you GET OFF THE 2022 THREAD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 91 parent here but must say 91 Smash is not over hyped at all. They are the top dog at 2022 and it is not even close. To go a step further playing against all the top teams I found Smashes parents to be the best of the bunch. I really think you have the Smash parents confused with the United parents who are way over the top...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 91 parent here but must say 91 Smash is not over hyped at all. They are the top dog at 2022 and it is not even close. To go a step further playing against all the top teams I found Smashes parents to be the best of the bunch. I really think you have the Smash parents confused with the United parents who are way over the top...

You are a 91 parent because no other parent would speak like that. 91 smash is excellent. They got beat in Maryland by a good team so they aren't top dogs. More importantly, yes we are talking about 9 year olds and yes we care because in this day and age 9 year olds have been playing for 4 years and play all year round. If you are on a 2022 page and you don't care about 9 yeAr old lacrosse you Are a creep who should not be around children. With that said Halloween havoc is a fun fall tournament and the first chance for many teams to look at their new players in a a game situation but don't confuse it with a mid season tournament. It's just good fun in the off season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a 91 parent because no other parent would speak like that. 91 smash is excellent. They got beat in Maryland by a good team so they aren't top dogs. More importantly, yes we are talking about 9 year olds and yes we care because in this day and age 9 year olds have been playing for 4 years and play all year round. If you are on a 2022 page and you don't care about 9 yeAr old lacrosse you Are a creep who should not be around children. With that said Halloween havoc is a fun fall tournament and the first chance for many teams to look at their new players in a a game situation but don't confuse it with a mid season tournament. It's just good fun in the off season

Much of what you say above is not wrong but when you say "done confuse" this tournament with a "mid season" tournament and this tournament is "just good fun in the off season" - suggesting of course the other tournaments are not for fun but are serious matters - you sound like a raving lunatic. I am a 2022 parent and I am on this thread because I do care about my 9 year old son's lacrosse. But caring about it and talking about tournaments with the seriousness that you are doing are very different. You need to get a big time grip on reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much of what you say above is not wrong but when you say "done confuse" this tournament with a "mid season" tournament and this tournament is "just good fun in the off season" - suggesting of course the other tournaments are not for fun but are serious matters - you sound like a raving lunatic. I am a 2022 parent and I am on this thread because I do care about my 9 year old son's lacrosse. But caring about it and talking about tournaments with the seriousness that you are doing are very different. You need to get a big time grip on reality.

Fair comment, for most teams and players all year is all good fun. For a select group even at this young age such as igloo, 91, team li etc. the summer tournament season is not just good fun but they actually want to win. Different kids develop that instinct at different ages or not at all... And it's all good. But the fact that some 9/10 year olds get intense about winning is a reality. Maybe your kid plays lax but is competitive about wood working or puppet designing, it's all good

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 United

Better coach / soon to be better team then smash !

Wha Whaa WHaa Whaaa....

Like it or not!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who is 91 united?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer
Who is 91 united?

United is 91's B team at 2022.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok thanks played both teams thought both teams where very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halloween Havac had pretty good 2022 A battles.
Smash beat Igloo by 1 in finals. Manhasset 32 looked legit, although they have 3 or 4 Older boys that are U10 not 4th graders.
91 United and Express minutemen greatly improved.
B division was won by Team Smithtown.
They dropped into B division at last minute. Maybe they are B+/A- level
Big dropoff in play after that in B groups. fl$, Terps, HHH and others cannot run B+ level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash beat Igloo by 1 in finals. Manhasset 32 looked legit, although they have 3 or 4 Older boys that are U10 not 4th graders.
Big dropoff in play after that in B groups. fl$, Terps, HHH and others cannot run B+ level.

Is it true that Manhasset had 5th graders on the team that played in the 4th grade bracket? If true, they should have been in the 5th grade bracket. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true that Manhasset had 5th graders on the team that played in the 4th grade bracket? If true, they should have been in the 5th grade bracket. Period.

No that is not true at all. Every boy on the 2022 team is in 4th Grade, just like every kid on the 2 2021 teams is in 5th grade and so on and so on. Good lacrosse players with good coaching. Nothing more, Nothing less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct in 4th grade YES, but should be in 5th. Born later in year.
Stop it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so are you saying there are 11 year olds on Manhasset team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they started their academic life as a 2022 player and their birthday is on/after Sept 1 2004 get over it. It will be a long 6 years. 4-9th grade.

If not prove it.

so are you saying there are 11 year olds on Manhasset team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it possible that there are 11 year olds in 4th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10yr old-in 4th grade-Yes.

Should be in 5th grade if born after 9/1/2003-11/30/2003.

U10 but NOT 4th grade!
\
a big difference at this young age
Mommy and Daddy can afford to keep them home the extra year.

Its all good.. but then they'll go PG after high school and red-shirt. and you'll have a 21 yr old sophomore in college...like Steele Stanwick (UVa) a few yrs back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were retained.....unlikely though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish we would all follow the USA Lacrosse age guidelines. But it has to start with the clubs - because the clubs control the tournaments.

The following age groupings are determined as of the August 31
st
preceding competition
NOTE: Age group references used in this section are in common usage but should not be understood literally. The
U15 (read: “Under 15”) grouping means
that, if a player is 14 years old on the cutoff date, he may participate in U15
competition as a 15
-
year old.
U15:
All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31
st
preceding competition. It is recommended
that when multiple teams exist wi
thin a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and
maturity when organizing teams.
U13:
All players must be 12 years old or younger on the August 31
st
that when multiple teams exist within a pr
ogram, the program should consider physical size, skill, and
U11:
All players must be 10 years old or younger on the August 31
st
that when multiple teams exist within a program, th
e program should consider physical size, skill, and
U9:
All players must be 8 years old or younger on the August 31
st
preceding competition. It is recommended that
when multiple teams exist within a program, teams shoul
d consider physical size, skill, and maturity.

reference - http://www.uslacrosse.org/Portals/0/pdf/boys-youth-rules.pdf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 12 year old is in 8th.

11 is 4th grade in unexplainable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't any of you people know what red-shirting is??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes if your 12yo son is in 8th grade then he must be a Nov/Dec 2000 baby (or accelerated; count your blessing). I am quite sure you may know a few boys that might be turning 14 or even 15 that are in 8th grade.

14 being the boys who may have started school late Nov/Dec 1999 birthdates but the vast majority are 13 by now. 15 yo are late starts that got left back

An 11yo in 4th grade is definitely questionable especially on an elite team. 4th grade should typically be U9. I understand this is not typical hence the discussion. If there is an 11yo on a 4th grade team he should be playing in 5th grade. I dont care his size. maybe he should not be playing elite 4th but B 5th.

A 4th grader with a late 3rd qtr 2003 birthdate would just be turning 10. Now if that late start child got held back he would be 11 and a lot bigger and mature (if that is such a thing in 4/5th ). and should not play 4th but 5th!

My 12 year old is in 8th.

11 is 4th grade in unexplainable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes we also know what cheating is? Redshirting is for college not youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IT HAPPENS... Its been recommended by travel coaches..'put your son in Catholic school for a year, then bring him back to the public school" ask around..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are redshirting 4th graders??

That may be single stupidest thing ever said on here!!

And that says alot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your naive about the sport if you're making this comment. In our area, LI, the school cutoff date is Dec 1. So you're saying if a parent decides to have their child repeat a grade that was born sept, oct, nov that that's cheating? They will STILL Be younger than others outside of LI. For example MD, where their cutoff date is Sept 1? And not to mention that many parents in Md often opt to hold their kids back or start late. Add on top of that a redshirt or pg year and you have the Pannell Syndrome - an almost 25 yr old senior. Did he cheat? Well all I know is that he won the tewarrton. So I would say do the best for your child an stop worrying about things you have no control over and do something with those that you do!!5yxyeR

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Manhasset 32 looked legit, although they have 3 or 4 Older boys that are U10 not 4th graders."

The team is comprised of 4th grade boys, ONLY.

Completely NOT true. Not sure why you would even say this?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
to the person who says, "Correct in 4th grade YES, but should be in 5th. Born later in year.
Stop it"

YOU STOP IT! Ask the tourney officials for the roster with birthdates. Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your naive about the sport if you're making this comment. In our area, LI, the school cutoff date is Dec 1. So you're saying if a parent decides to have their child repeat a grade that was born sept, oct, nov that that's cheating? They will STILL Be younger than others outside of LI. For example MD, where their cutoff date is Sept 1? And not to mention that many parents in Md often opt to hold their kids back or start late. Add on top of that a redshirt or pg year and you have the Pannell Syndrome - an almost 25 yr old senior. Did he cheat? Well all I know is that he won the tewarrton. So I would say do the best for your child an stop worrying about things you have no control over and do something with those that you do!!5yxyeR

First off, isn't Pannell only 23 not 25. A late birthday (Dec), did a PG year and got Medically redshirted (technically left school however you want to call it since ivy's donot allow 5h yr seniors).

Second, Pannell is not the norm. He PG'd after HS, he did not get held back in 3rd grade. Then got hurt in College . (all after HS where physical maturity "should" be a level field)

Now, I fully understand about the late birthdates (whether sept-dec) as my prior post outlines that. I also understand what people are doing. But, mysteriously players with birthdates Jan - Aug who have started kindergarten with the "age-mates" have been held back (not for academic reasons). As the case is to be rumored on a few highly touted 2020 teams.

And now you suggest those players who are already old for their grade get held back again. What are we in texas or florida and the players have a shot at the NFL. What is the end game here.

So to me... IMO... if a late 3rd qtr birthday who is already old for their grade then gets held back a year they should not play grade ball, of course there are issues that may make this an unusual situation like illness or injury, but in usual healthy child (who I assume is since he is playing summer travel lax) it should not be allowed.

I can see (don't agree with) the agreement of a hold back in 8th, but we are taking pre middle schoolers being held back to gain an athletic advantage? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS WRONG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still talking stupid. You are saying you would leave your child back in school to gain an athletic advantage?? No mention of social or academic impact?
That is insane!!

The answer to all the nonsense is do verify ages like soccer does until HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are Parents belive there is NO harm in doing this, even if their son plays the piano...An Educated risk,and one that is economocally affordable to many on LI.

IT IS HAPPENING, Believe it or not. Talk to MC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit a sore spot?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't hide behind your computer, "anonymously" spreading lies about a 4th grade lax team. If you would like to debate something, show some proof.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think a major sore spot was hit - some towns do it on purpose

just sayin.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are Parents belive there is NO harm in doing this, even if their son plays the piano...An Educated risk,and one that is economocally affordable to many on LI.

IT IS HAPPENING, Believe it or not. Talk to MC

Clearly no talking to you! I Understand people do it. People rob banks, jump from bridges , run with scissors, swim 20 minutes after eating......

Doesn't make it a good idea or teach kids what's really important in life.

Youth lacrosse! Get a grip!

Only 2 percent of these kids will get any athletic money from college. Most smart college lax players are getting more academic money than athletic.

That's a fact!

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard